LG Google Nexus 4

LG Google Nexus 4 (2012)

16GB, 8GB (See All)
See the Best Mobile Phones in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by LG

Gala
    GalaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Shame it's discontinued

I had this Nexus for three years and it stood me well. No bloatware, quick updates, easy to use, responsive and nice screen size.
    The main detraction would be the camera; the flash never worked very well and photos in low light were pretty shabby.
    That being said, it's a shame this model is no longer available as I would totally buy it again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2013
    Potato Chip
    Potato ChipPerth

Still going strong.

I purchased my LG Nexus 4 from the Google Play Store. My phone is 4+ years old but still performs very well for its age. I've rooted my phone and am currently using custom ROMs on it. It's amazing to still see a strong following for this phone and there's still plenty of ROM development going for it.

My phone runs buttery smooth with the latest Nitrogen OS (7.1.2) ROM and its always funny to see the envy on my friends faces when I show them my old "hunk of junk" running the latest Android version compared to their Samsung Galaxy S8s which is normally 6 months behind.

The phone itself is still plenty fast but it's limited memory (16 GB) by todays standards & poor camera (compared to newer phones) are the only negatives I can think of.

Date PurchasedAug 2013
    Maria
    Maria

Good battery life and features

Love the size, the design, Google in built feature and the battery life. This is the longest mobile phone I have used. It has been 4.5 years and it is still functioning well. The camera is also not bad, especially in low light situation. The phone is not heavy or bulky.

Date PurchasedFeb 2013

Great phone

This was a great mobile for me while I had it - did everything perfectly and lasted 4 years! Decided to leave it behind as it was time for an upgrade. Got a little slow towards the end but otherwise it just worked without fault and always had the latest software updates. Can say I definitely got value for money!

Date PurchasedOct 2013

the phone is good.

when the battery is full, it switches itself off, when its put on charge still wont come on, doesn't even have a symbol of the battery charge on the screen. this has happened to me 3 times now.

snackpack
    snackpackSydney, NSW

Still running ok in 2015 on Lollipop

My Nexus 44 is still running good on the new Lollipop update.

There are a few issues with the phone as it is getting old:
    - The sensitivity of the power button has decreased, I sometimes have to press twice to wake up my phone or take a screenshot.
    - The soft keys are not working anymore so i had to install a soft key app to replace it.
    - The battery life is not that great so i charge as often as i can at work, in the car etc.)

However the phone never lags and all apps work fine.
    Overall, this phone was really good value for the use I got out of it and i wonder how long it will continue to run. I won't hesitate to get a nexus product again as I really enjoyed getting the Android OS update.

Warren
    WarrenMid North Coast, NSW

FLAWLESS with LOLLIPOP

I was just about to ditch my old Nexus 4 when out came the Lollipop upgrade. It has brought new life back into an old phone. I have looked and shopped ... but there is nothing out there in my opinion that would make me part from my Nexus 4 now!

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.14 Feb 2022
    Brisbane Local
    Brisbane LocalBrisbane, QLD

Almost the perfect phone

Stock android is great. The phone is fast. The camera is great. This phone is a real bargain for money. It's almost perfect except for a few small issues.
    The battery cannot be replaced without taking the phone apart and the battery life isn't really good enough to get through a whole day.
    You can't expand the memory with an SD Card.
    You can't plug in a USB stick via the micro-USB port like the Samsung Galaxy.
    Great value for money
    Lacking a few features of the other high end android phones.

Hillside Haven
    Hillside Haven

I can easily get through the day and sometimes nearly 2 days. Guess it depends how much you use it. My galaxy S2 would run out in half a day at times

shenanigans32
    shenanigans32Sunshine Coast

Vanilla Android is my favorite flavour.

Syp
    SypSydney

Super Dooper Smart Phone!

I have been using it for around a month now. Firstly with the positives. It's still quick and snappy, even though it came out almost a year ago. My device is running the latest 4.3 Android and there is no problem with lag. It feels like a solid device, so no complaints about build quality.

The downsides are the battery life and camera quality. Under heavy usage i'll be lucky to get half a day, so you really have to hold back on power sucking activities to you want to last the whole day. The camera, especially in low light, is boarder line horrible.

So if your fussed with those draw backs i mentioned, it's a great phone!
    Build quality, Speed, Software Experince
    Battery life, Camera image quality

bricktop
    bricktop

Good cheap smart phone

I bought this phone to upgrade from my Lg Optimus L7 which I gave to my wife. The price has dropped to $300 which is a bargain for such a fast sweet phone which I have found easier to use than the L7 and as easy a I phone. The apps are easy to load and google give you first chance to get android updates because this is a google phone [made by LG]. I would of loved the chance to add a sd card slot as my L7 has a 32gb card but you only get 8 or 16gb which I have in the nexus. Other than this though I would recommend the phone.
    reliable, fast, cheap and easy to use.
    No sd slot for adding storage.

Garlando
    GarlandoAU

great smart phone at a great price!

Just bought this phone as was recommended by friends, it was an upgrade from my old iPhone 3. I was a bit hesistant to leave the apple market but I can't be happier with this purchase. For one it is very cheap $299 on googles aus website. I love the screen size and it has a bright well pixelated screen. The android operating system is very easy to use.
    inexpensive, easy to use, nice size screen
    would like the option of a fixed back/ home button instead of on the screen

Very good, would recommend

greig.friday
    greig.fridayVictoria, Australia

Good hardware except...

Great hardware except the battery.

I would say this is the cheapest phone for what you get, $420 includes postage for 16gb plus everything you'd need except 4g and SD slot... But there's enough internal memory and I'm on a budget data plan so 4g isn't available and I use WiFi for the higher intensity data.

Really it's the battery - needs active managing to last a good day.
    Great screen, front back camera, everything Google.
    Battery dying as i type - will last 8hrs though

Jerry
    Jerry

Yes the battery life is really shot!!!! Also quailty of sound is not really good, but compared to price, the value of this phone is really amazing