LG NeoChef MJ3966

See the Best Microwaves in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Fran

FranGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I wish I’d got the add-on warranty offer

12 months and 2 weeks old and the inverter error code started. Inverter needs replacing. This is an expensive appliance and should be indestructible. Don’t buy one. Looks can be deceiving.

Purchased in September 2018 at The Good Guys for $581.00.

S Fowler

S FowlerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lemon

Have had it in for repairs twice for the same error in its 2 years factory warranty which was very inconvenient as a 40min drive each way to drop off and pick up. It is now faulting again with a different issue. I have only ever used for steaming and heating. The worst microwave I have ever owned. LG have agreed to issue a return authority so Harvey Norman are happy to give me a full refund. So happy customer now.

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Guavacudda

GuavacuddaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Versatile Faulty Microwave

Purchased in May 2017 at The Good Guys for $549.00.

Burnt-Twice

Burnt-TwiceAU

Best Convection Microwave I Have Owned

Bought this 18 months ago, used to have a Sharp 20 years ago.

Takes some getting used to because the timer jumps in 10 second intervals to 3 minutes, then 30 seconds after that. Also the maximum time it can be set for is 90 minutes, but if you needed 2hrs you could do it in 2 steps.

I use this instead of my older full size oven, takes just a few minutes to heat up, and is quite accurate with temperature. Never had any problems, the interior is easy to wipe down, the fold down door is a fantastic space saver, and the microwave function is awesome.

Would buy again.

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $593.00.

Peeved

PeevedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Obviously a faulty product and LG just won't admit it

Like many other reviewers and of the MJ3966ABS, this microwave just keeps resetting back to the clock or turning itself off. It does when you open the door, or press stop and even does it when you've not even using it and in another room. I've been on the phone to LG and absolutely hopeless customer service. There are obviously known problems with this product, and LG just say take it across town to a repairer. Given others have had such problems with getting repairs and then if repair doesn't last, I think I'm just going to go back to Good Guys and see what they can do.
Shocking service LG.
OWN UP when you've created a faulty product and give your customers refunds, rather than sending them on a goose chase.

The lemon of microwaves

When you open the door or busy cooking or closing the door the microwave would jump to setting the timer. Has gone in for repairs. (took approx a month) and still have same issues. LG response: keep taking in for repairs even though they couldn't fix it previously. Everybody else seems happy with this microwave so feels like this one is a dud.

Monica

I've read through other reviews here now and 5 out of the 16 describes exactly the same issue we've had. So mine not just a dud seems to be a recurring issue. Stay away from this microwave, and so pricey as well for all this pain

MarnieB

MarnieBSouthwest, VIC

The Perfect Appliance in any Kitchen

I have had & used some microwaves in my 70 years but this one tops the lot.
It seems to be fool proof as everything just comes out perfectly because of the convenient & easy to use control system, not just for the microwave but also the convection side as well. I am more than happy with it. Also so easy to keep clean.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys Physical store for $589.00.

Bill Stones

Bill StonesSydney, NSW

Used for Office Kitchen. Durable and efficient.

Bought this microwave to replace an old one for our office kitchen. Our office has about 100 staff on the floor so needless to say, this gets used heavily. So far it has held up and no complaints from anyone. It simply does the job and does it efficiently. The oven feature doesn't get used very often but i'm sure it works just as good. The timer and heating functions were a bit tricky to figure out at first but once you get the hang of it, you'll find it has a lot of useful heat settings for different types of dishes.

Purchased in September 2017 at The Good Guys Online store for $693.00.

Sue SPerth, WA

Best Microwave ever

Oh my, what doesn't this microwave do. Fantastic as an oven, the best roast pork ever, highly recommended. Easy to use, defrost, microwave, grill. Have even used it to bake a cake, turned out moist. We are going travelling in our motor home soon so this will be our everything.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

bazSydney, NSW

Avoid

This was an expensive purchase about 18 months ago. A short time after buying it the over would reset when opening the door and so I eventually took it back to the store. It was allegedly fixed so back it came and started doing the same thing about a week later. So back again to the store and repaired for second time with a new door and board. Overall not impressed with this. Microwave function is ok but sounds like a chaff cutter when running due to the vibration of the case. I haven't used the convection function all that much but it doesn't seem to be as hit as the temperature says. I wouldn't buy another one.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

PamSouthwest, VIC

Too many Bells and Whistles

Date PurchasedJun 2018

MaydayNorth Queensland, QLD

Nothing but Problems

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Mayday

Cant thank the betta home living store enough for helping me get reimbursed for the LG NEOCHEF

Sweet Garden

Sweet GardenKyneton

Such a good design!

We recently purchased this lovely, stylish microwave and I am very pleased with it. It looks lovely in the kitchen but it also functions brilliantly. It is an inverter style one and it cooks so fast compared to my old machine - I have had to refigure cooking times by half in some cases! It also has very handy digital menus. I really am pleased with it!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Karen and Scott

Karen and ScottGriffin, Queensland

Awesome Unit

In our previous home of 13 years we only used our LG Solardome so when we repurchased another home we realised we had to get a microwave and decided to get another convection oven. We loved this model because it has an easy clean interior, a steam unit which supports our healthy food options and easy to follow instructions. We really like the pull down door for easy access as our microwave opening is below the benchtop. It's also brushed silver so it matches our fridge and rangehood.

Naomi

Naomi

Excellent and Stylish Microwave

I love the stylish and modern look of this microwave oven! It heats food quickly and very well. Easy to open door and use of knobs /buttons! I would highly recommend purchasing one!

Jeff P

Jeff PWoodhill Qld

Very Disappointed

Bought new in June 2017. Not used until August 2017. By December 2017 I got sick and tired of the display disappearing up to 10 times a day. Took it to the LG nominated repairer and 4 months later got it back with a new electronic board and fan (did not know it was faulty). The display is still switching itself off, even when not in use. Compared to my older Panasonic unit the grill function on the LG unit is a waste of time. It is too small and largely inefficient for grilling anything and now the grill function is not operating at all. I have other LG products which I trust completely but this microwave has, for me, run its course.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Jeja

JejaNSW, 2217

Fault since day 1 and terrible warranty service

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Horrendous customer service - read this review before you buy

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Rourou

RourouWestmead

I love this microwave ..i find it easy to use just read the instructions and youll find it very easy to follow . . Im very satesfied with my cooking results with it and It s very good size .. im very happy and satisfied i highly recommend this product

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Matt

MattGold Coast

Love cooking with this!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Peter T

Peter Tasked

Has anyone found the root cause of the microwave / clock resetting intermittently. I have been plagued by this problem since purchase and have had the door PCB replaced under warranty, but the problem continues.

Jacinta M.

Jacinta M.asked

I have just brought this product and I have followed instructions on set up once I place water in microwave and press start for 30 seconds it is still cold am I doing something wrong please help

Pam

A cup or mug of milk takes 90 secs to be hot enough for a coffee, 30 seconds would not even start warming it. You will probably find you'll have to add extra time almost every time you cook.

Sue S

Yes need longer than 30 seconds. Every time you press the start button it goes up by 30 seconds... or you can turn the knob too, to set the time required.

Janelle H

Janelle Hasked

My lg neither keeps turning off randomly. Why? It’s only a few months old. Not happy cause it wasn’t cheap

Pam

I've not had that problem but the turntable is becoming very noisy and sometimes jerks and shudders. My experience with LG was very poor and they were disinterested in the many problems I was having. I wish you luck.

baz

Just take it back to the shop you bought it from. They have to fix it

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

LG NeoChef MJ3966ASS (Silver)

LG NeoChef MJ3966ASS (Silver)

LG NeoChef MJ3966ABS (Black)

LG NeoChef MJ3966ABS (Black)

CategoryMicrowavesMicrowaves
Price (RRP) $829.00$709.00
Type ConvectionConvection
FeaturesChild Safety Lock, Grill Function, Inverter and Sensor Cooking Child Safety Lock, Grill Function, Inverter and Sensor Cooking
Capacity39L39L
Dimensions 325 x 540 x 523 mm325 x 540 x 523 mm
Turntable Diameter360 mm360 mm
Door MechanismPull HandlePull Handle
Colour / Finish Stainless SteelBlack
Power1,100 W1,100 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)

Visit official website - Download manual