MPN: MJ3966ABS
Listing monitored by LG

BurtBrisbane

Once the reset issue is permanently fixed, it works great, but you can't trust LG

Purchased in July 2018.

LG
LG A.LG
MortishiaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A mini oven with oven features

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for $525.00.

LG
LG A.LG

VinT
VinT

Not too bad with heaps of options available to use but not the most user friendly

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $560.00.

peejaybee
peejaybeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Looks like we're not alone with the reset issue

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $599.00.

James R.

Worked good for about a year, then it all started...

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for $515.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
S Fowler
S FowlerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lemon

Have had it in for repairs twice for the same error in its 2 years factory warranty which was very inconvenient as a 40min drive each way to drop off and pick up. It is now faulting again with a different issue. I have only ever used for steaming and heating. The worst microwave I have ever owned. LG have agreed to issue a return authority so Harvey Norman are happy to give me a full refund. So happy customer now.

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

The lemon of microwaves

When you open the door or busy cooking or closing the door the microwave would jump to setting the timer. Has gone in for repairs. (took approx a month) and still have same issues. LG response: keep taking in for repairs even though they couldn't fix it previously. Everybody else seems happy with this microwave so feels like this one is a dud.

Monica

I've read through other reviews here now and 5 out of the 16 describes exactly the same issue we've had. So mine not just a dud seems to be a recurring issue. Stay away from this microwave, and so pricey as well for all this pain

MarnieB
MarnieBSouthwest, VIC

The Perfect Appliance in any Kitchen

I have had & used some microwaves in my 70 years but this one tops the lot.
It seems to be fool proof as everything just comes out perfectly because of the convenient & easy to use control system, not just for the microwave but also the convection side as well. I am more than happy with it. Also so easy to keep clean.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys Physical store for $589.00.

Sue S
Sue SPerth, WA

Best Microwave ever

Oh my, what doesn't this microwave do. Fantastic as an oven, the best roast pork ever, highly recommended. Easy to use, defrost, microwave, grill. Have even used it to bake a cake, turned out moist. We are going travelling in our motor home soon so this will be our everything.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

baz
bazSydney, NSW

Avoid

This was an expensive purchase about 18 months ago. A short time after buying it the over would reset when opening the door and so I eventually took it back to the store. It was allegedly fixed so back it came and started doing the same thing about a week later. So back again to the store and repaired for second time with a new door and board. Overall not impressed with this. Microwave function is ok but sounds like a chaff cutter when running due to the vibration of the case. I haven't used the convection function all that much but it doesn't seem to be as hit as the temperature says. I wouldn't buy another one.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
PamSouthwest, VIC

Too many Bells and Whistles

Date PurchasedJune 2018
MaydayNorth Queensland, QLD

Nothing but Problems

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Mayday

Cant thank the betta home living store enough for helping me get reimbursed for the LG NEOCHEF

Sweet Garden
Sweet GardenKyneton

Such a good design!

We recently purchased this lovely, stylish microwave and I am very pleased with it. It looks lovely in the kitchen but it also functions brilliantly. It is an inverter style one and it cooks so fast compared to my old machine - I have had to refigure cooking times by half in some cases! It also has very handy digital menus. I really am pleased with it!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Karen and Scott
Karen and ScottGriffin, Queensland

Awesome Unit

In our previous home of 13 years we only used our LG Solardome so when we repurchased another home we realised we had to get a microwave and decided to get another convection oven. We loved this model because it has an easy clean interior, a steam unit which supports our healthy food options and easy to follow instructions. We really like the pull down door for easy access as our microwave opening is below the benchtop. It's also brushed silver so it matches our fridge and rangehood.

Naomi
Naomi

Excellent and Stylish Microwave

I love the stylish and modern look of this microwave oven! It heats food quickly and very well. Easy to open door and use of knobs /buttons! I would highly recommend purchasing one!

VickiJ
VickiJasked
NeoChef MJ3966ABS (Black)

1. Why does user manual say convection can be 200deg but unit only goes to 180?
2. Using convection combi - how do you now what micro power relates to which code? (EG manual says
CC-2 is 330W), what is CC-1 and CC-3?

Hi Vicki,
The unit does go up to 200 degrees in. The microwave starts @ 180dg. Turning the dial will take it to 200. Regarding the CC-2 etc. I haven’t come across this, so unable to respond. If not in the manual, I either internet search or go to LG website where Live chat can be used. I do this with appliances I’m uncertain about.

Christine
Christineasked
NeoChef MJ3966ABS (Black)

We have a nearly brand new microwave and everytime the microwave function is selected the "door" display comes on and the microwave stops heating

Mortishia

This appears to be a fault. Have you contacted the manufacturer or the dealer you purchased from? Depending on how long you have had the item, usually the dealer will replace. You shouldn’t have such an issue with the microwave. Don’t hesitate and get in contact with dealer first, the LG.
Regards
Maria

Justin G
Justin Gasked
NeoChef MJ3966ABS (Black)

Why’s is keep showing F11 and stopping??

James R.

Inverter issues. Extremely common and be prepared to have it in a repair shop for weeks (many times)...

See all LG NeoChef MJ3966ABS (Black) questions

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

Compare both LG NeoChef MJ3966