See the Best Microwaves in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Not always operating at full power and quality control a bit questionable.

Firstly, took 3 examples of this microwave to get one that worked properly. Bought from Good Guys. First one didn't heat properly maybe operating only 30% of power and food was coming out uncooked. Second one, the LED light worked while cooking but not when the door was open. Third one was OK.

When working at full power the microwave is fairly powerful. It boils a mug of water in about 1:50 to 2 minutes on high.

Never had any issue with uneven cooking.

I use the microwave for more than reheating and I put it to the test. Sometimes I cook risotto rice dishes or a whole chicken in a casserole dish and these tasks can take 30-40 minutes of cooking all up.

Although the timer goes up to 99 minutes, I really wonder if the microwave cannot handle prolonged cooking.

The outer surface on the right side of the top of the microwave gets very hot and the inside right side near the magnetron similarly gets very hot. Yes it does cool off for about 30 seconds with the fan going after the cooking stops but it is as if this is not enough.

As if to protect itself, it appears as if the microwave powers down to maybe 50-60% power without any notification even though you cook on high . What this means is that anything you might try to reheat or cook suddenly takes much more time, until it magically corrects itself and everything is back to normal again.

This can mess up recipes or heating times that you're used to. Quite frustrating. I'm not sure if this is due to being an inverter microwave as it is our first with this feature.

In conclusion: fine for short bursts of heating. But can have a mind of its own in terms of reducing its power output.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys.

Noise Level

Easy to use and looks good

Had this for almost 2 years now and it hasn't missed a beat. Super easy to use with the rotary dial rather than the plastic "did I press it" buttons. Turn the dial and it increments in 10 seconds but very fast to get it to a few minutes though - or press start which increments in 30 seconds each time press. It's a good size, easy to clean and looks sleek. Very happy.

Purchased in August 2017 at The Good Guys for $299.00.

F3 Fault and offshore phone support

update 17/8/19
Door replaced and returned - problem with water into door electronics; typical issue with this model; repairer suggested leaving door open after use to dry out which we are doing
*******************************************
Repeated F3 faults on 1 year old microwave.
LG support not interested in replacing a low cost item even with photographic evidence of repeated F3 faults coming up on keypad.
Insist I must go to across town service centre to assess.
Also very average off shore call centre - hard to understand all round
No more LG products for me

Purchased in April 2018 at The Good Guys for $240.00.

Noise Level

Simplistic functional and powerful design that ticks all the right boxes with a big warranty!

Just retired our old microwave... From the moment you turn it on. Setting the time is easy with the roatary dial.

THE BEST part is the one push start button for 30 seconds or keep pressing to add a further 30 seconds each time! We love this function. Alternatively the rotary dial is very easy to clock up a desired time and clicks in for a clean look if desired.

The neat black all glass door is easy to clean and doesn’t seem to show fingerprints quite like previous stainless steel microwaves we have had.

It’s INVERTER! I thought all microwaves were inverter these days. But that is not the case. Inverter microwaves can vary the output of energy from 10-100% - this provides a very even energy to cook at various power levels and is therefore significantly better at defrosting and reheating, and not pulse cooking like traditional microwaves that just cycle on and off at 100% in pulses.

The door handle is designed in such a way to prevent fingerprints as you grab behind the handle to open - not a push button. This also stops it sliding back in its hole every time you push the button, as was a problem with our previous Panasonic.

The LG also has a larger capacity and higher output (1200w) then most of the competition. It also has the most solid warranty compared to the others with a 10 YEAR Inverter warranty!!

If your a novice and have no idea how long to reheat a meal, the Auto time/ cook functions are effective if not a little too long.

Another neat design is the LED light is placed up high looking down on the food, (every microwave we have used previously has a light in the side). The light from above is bright and it’s easy to peek in through the tinted windows and check on the cooking if required!

We also find it’s much quieter then other microwaves we have used in the past!

All in all, this microwave is well priced ($288) if not on the premium side, but it’s sleek looks, minimalist design, powerful inverter, big warranty, large capacity and simplistic sleek design tick all the right boxes and make the slightly higher investment worth every penny!

Would 100% definitely recommend!

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $288.00.

Great Product, size and look

I used to own a sharp microwave which was 12 years old and still working fine but it was time to change and upgrade to something new.
Actually, I did some research and this Microvawe oven had some good ratings so I've purchased one and so far has been one my best purchases, especially for me that I hate reheating the food in the microwave as the reheated food was always tasted differently to the fresh food , I can't mainly reheat the chicken as it tastes awful for me so I've been using an air fryer instead but I've tried reheating steak and chicken in this microwave and it didn't change the taste and now I prefer to heat it up in microwave as it won't dry the food like the air fryer.
It comes with 2-year warranty.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $299.00.

Noise Level

Gets the job done,but has been a bit quirky

We bought this to replace a ten year old microwave which died on us. Sadly it's not amazing, but looks very nice.

Pros: 30 second quick cook function
Nice finish music

Cons: Uneven heating
Fan stays on after heating has finished sometimes
Sometimes it stops by itself before the time has finished
When we boil eggs, it sometimes makes some parts brown and rubbery (previous microwave was fine)

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $279.00.

Noise Level

Just works - hopefully will last - quick just do not have seconds tuning

this thing has a lot of functions and keep food cook at the right temp.
also does defrost excellent.
simple to work and does not need to cool down.

only thing is does not have the seconds tuning so you could not heat up small item for 42 seconds. only in 10 sec increments ....

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Quick and Quite

Very quite microwave and best to use. Touch function add addition comfort of using this microwave. I been using it from past month and no such issues. Very quite and not like my old microwave which sounds like living in runway.Highly recommended and best price with good product so far.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great microwave...

I've always had a cheap microwave...use to get some cold bits where the microwave oven didn't get to...this one is perfect... perfectly heated food all over... I actually can heat up my dinner now and it's hot... I still need to experiment with other cooking options but this is awesome... looks smart very trendy and so spacious for cooking from casseroles to corned silverside for the whole family...

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Great microwave

Very nice microwave. Looks really great too. Cooks and heats food really good a lot faster. It'ss much better than my old one, which I thought was good.
Defrosts well also. Nice and large inside 42 litres. Easy to clean too. Fits my large casserole dish. I Highly recommend this microwave.

Modern Version Microwave

Love this microwave as this one as different from the others, it looks so modern and it works really well, i like the wheel that you can adjust the time and the LED light!! I get confused at first when using this microwave as there are a lot of buttons, but you will definitely get used to it within a week:) ! And one last thing is that the microwave is superrrrrrr quite, best reason to buy it hahah

Date PurchasedJan 2018

looks great and works well without too many confusing buttons

I bought this at a good price and it works very well, It is also is very stylish and looks nice on my kitchen bench. the panel with the buttons is easy to use and not too hard to work out even without the manual. I would recommend this microwave.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Does the job

Good microwave. Looks good. Makes a sound at the end of cooking just once. Doesn't continually beep like my old microwave. Heats fairly evenly. It is quite deep so didn't fit well in my microwave cupboard. Only the width measurement was provided. Purchased from Goodguys eBay. I don't regret purchasing.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Good Looking and functions well

We are very happy with this microwave. It cooks so fast compared to our old one and very thoroughly too. The main reason we bought it is because my wife is on a "styling" binge and insisted it "went with" everything else in our house and the fact that it works well is just good luck as she didn't look into that side at all. Anyway it is all good as it does works well and we are happy with it

Date PurchasedApr 2018

nice one

bought at a good price from good guys,
nice shape, colour and look
very powerful
not much noise
nice finish music
bought another one for mother day and other for sister
good packaging, it had movie offer two tickets that must be claimed from the LG website
overall good to buy if you have the budget for it

Stylish Microwave

This microwave looks excellent in my kitchen - I love the black look. It cooks beautifully too. Its got enough power (1200w) to do a decent job without uneven heating. The menus are very nicely laid out make good sense without resorting to the manual. I mostly just reheat food and heat up my coffee and it does these tasks well!

Glass plate shattered

I bought this microwave 4 months ago after reading many good reviews. However, after only 4 months of light use (mainly reheating food), the glass plate shattered one evening when I was using the microwave oven to heat up my dinner. I contacted the customer care the next day and was told that it is not a manufacturer 's fault and they will not replace the glass plate. I know I have used the microwave normally and my last Smeg microwave lasted more than 10 years. I did not abuse the product. I will never buy another LG product.

Great microwave

This microwave is excellent. It heats food well with no cold centres.
Easy to clean you just wipe it and there’s no need for harsh scrubbing! Looks amazing it’s one of the best looking microwaves. Love the easy push knob that pops in and out and love that it’s like a touch screen

It's a Lemon

Please do not buy this machine - its a lemon.

I purchased my LG MS4266OBS 3 months ago, and its already failed. LG told me to drop it into the authorised service center and now it will take 4 weeks to order parts in. I've tried 4 times to contact LG and they ignore me, and with a new-borne at home this is a dire situation for us. LG customer service response was appalling in the least, so I assume they're hiding from a product that stops working within 3 month after purchase.

Great Microwave

Great microwave, cooks meals close to perfectly. Straight forward set up and very easy to use. I especially like the defrosting timer.
The microwave is not too noisy and the bell only goes off once which is enough for me.
Looks like I will be cooking with this for some years to come. Ideal!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Is it normal to have a lot of condensation around the outside of the microwave after use?
I haven't noticed but ours is recessed into a cabinetnot on the outside - lots of condensate on the inside after getting mine repaired (replaced complete door and electronic panel due to water ingress) I'm following repairers recommendation to keep the microwave door open when not in use to keep insides dry and avoid the F3 fault (water inside door electronics) again

What does the dial knob do when it’s pushed in vs not pushed? I can’t find anything in the manual
I think it's just that you can push it in to "hide it" if you don't need to use it.

Does anyone with this inverter model of LG microwave find that the microwave struggles with dishes that need long periods of cooking eg 20-30 minutes? I have noticed that the microwave gets quite hot externallly. Also when it is cold, it will boil a cup of water with about 1:50, I've noticed that immediately after cooking a dish for an extended period, and when the microwave is hot, it may take 2:30 or more to boil the cup of water. Is it possible that the electronics are reducing the power due to it being hot. Is this something seen with all inverter microwaves? I never noticed anything with my previous non-inverter microwave.

LG MS4266OBS (Black)LG MS4266OSS (Stainless Steel)
CategoryMicrowavesMicrowaves
Dimensions 310 x 540 x 434 mm310 x 540 x 434 mm
Turntable Diameter360 mm360 mm
Colour / Finish BlackStainless Steel
Power1,200 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)

Visit official website - Download manual