See the Best Microwaves in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Deborah M

Deborah MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very annoying microwave

This microwave drives me NUTS. It behaves as a microwave should, heats food etc.. then it gives a little tune when the function is completed, and the microwave turns off - so far so good. BUT then it does not shut up. Unless you get up and open the door straight away, it keeps playing that darned little tune - over and over and over and over. Too bad if you are feeding a baby, or have other things to do other than open the microwave door. There is NO option to mute this, or change the settings. It is very intrusive and annoying.

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys for $230.00.

Sev N.

Sev N.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Just lasted a day

Had a Sanyo microwave for 18 years. Thought of replacing it and bought this LG model in October, as it was looking good. However, doesn't heat food after a day. Replaced with another model, hope that works as well.

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys for $240.00.

CAB

CABMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great when it works

I purchased version 1 in 2018 and was very happy with until it kept displaying an F-3 error message. Thankfully this happened just before the warranty expired. After a frustrating period between returning to the Good Guys and the technicians I had the faulty one replaced with version 2, same model.
Alas, after just 5 months I now get the same message. This time I'll go straight to the technician but won't replace with same

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $290.00.

MYcity-Brisbane

MYcity-BrisbaneAU

looks great but does not last. LG service is terrible

LG very sleek looking microwave was fabulous for just over a year, plays a great tune at the end and heated food well.
14 months in and it turns on, carousel goes around but it does not heat. I called LG (off shore call center) and even though they could see from the serial number the manufacture date how new it still was, because I could not find the receipt there is zero support.
This would normally still be covered under warranty but no receipt it’s $88 for them to look at it. I feel the customer support is lacking and I am contributing to landfill buying a new one and definitely never an LG again

Linda

LindaSydney, NSW

Very happy

We’ve had this microwave for approx 7 months now and it’s been great. The light turns off after a period of time when I leave the door open to let it dry out, it cooks the way it should with no drama, it’s pretty and it’s super quiet compared to my last microwave.
2 little issues I have is trying to change the time requires the power to be turned off and on which is a bit of a pain when it’s recessed in a tight area with the power point at the back.
And with 4 kids and grubby fingers I’m forever cleaning the smudges on the black glass where the start/stop buttons are.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys.

blinkybill

Not always operating at full power and quality control a bit questionable.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys.

RichGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy to use and looks good

Had this for almost 2 years now and it hasn't missed a beat. Super easy to use with the rotary dial rather than the plastic "did I press it" buttons. Turn the dial and it increments in 10 seconds but very fast to get it to a few minutes though - or press start which increments in 30 seconds each time press. It's a good size, easy to clean and looks sleek. Very happy.

Purchased in August 2017 at The Good Guys for $299.00.

F3 Fault and offshore phone support

update 17/8/19
Door replaced and returned - problem with water into door electronics; typical issue with this model; repairer suggested leaving door open after use to dry out which we are doing
*******************************************
Repeated F3 faults on 1 year old microwave.
LG support not interested in replacing a low cost item even with photographic evidence of repeated F3 faults coming up on keypad.
Insist I must go to across town service centre to assess.
Also very average off shore call centre - hard to understand all round
No more LG products for me

Purchased in April 2018 at The Good Guys for $240.00.

Honest Reviews

Honest ReviewsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Simplistic functional and powerful design that ticks all the right boxes with a big warranty!

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $288.00.

Ryan

RyanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Product, size and look

I used to own a sharp microwave which was 12 years old and still working fine but it was time to change and upgrade to something new.
Actually, I did some research and this Microvawe oven had some good ratings so I've purchased one and so far has been one my best purchases, especially for me that I hate reheating the food in the microwave as the reheated food was always tasted differently to the fresh food , I can't mainly reheat the chicken as it tastes awful for me so I've been using an air fryer instead but I've tried reheating steak and chicken in this microwave and it didn't change the taste and now I prefer to heat it up in microwave as it won't dry the food like the air fryer.
It comes with 2-year warranty.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $299.00.

SharonPerth, WA

Gets the job done,but has been a bit quirky

We bought this to replace a ten year old microwave which died on us. Sadly it's not amazing, but looks very nice.

Pros: 30 second quick cook function
Nice finish music

Cons: Uneven heating
Fan stays on after heating has finished sometimes
Sometimes it stops by itself before the time has finished
When we boil eggs, it sometimes makes some parts brown and rubbery (previous microwave was fine)

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $279.00.

yeohkt

yeohktMelbourne

Just works - hopefully will last - quick just do not have seconds tuning

this thing has a lot of functions and keep food cook at the right temp.
also does defrost excellent.
simple to work and does not need to cool down.

only thing is does not have the seconds tuning so you could not heat up small item for 42 seconds. only in 10 sec increments ....

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Garry S

Garry SBaldivis

Quick and Quite

Very quite microwave and best to use. Touch function add addition comfort of using this microwave. I been using it from past month and no such issues. Very quite and not like my old microwave which sounds like living in runway.Highly recommended and best price with good product so far.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Barb

BarbHervey Bay

Great microwave...

I've always had a cheap microwave...use to get some cold bits where the microwave oven didn't get to...this one is perfect... perfectly heated food all over... I actually can heat up my dinner now and it's hot... I still need to experiment with other cooking options but this is awesome... looks smart very trendy and so spacious for cooking from casseroles to corned silverside for the whole family...

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Susieq

SusieqBrisbane

Great microwave

Very nice microwave. Looks really great too. Cooks and heats food really good a lot faster. It'ss much better than my old one, which I thought was good.
Defrosts well also. Nice and large inside 42 litres. Easy to clean too. Fits my large casserole dish. I Highly recommend this microwave.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Kay

KaySydney

Modern Version Microwave

Love this microwave as this one as different from the others, it looks so modern and it works really well, i like the wheel that you can adjust the time and the LED light!! I get confused at first when using this microwave as there are a lot of buttons, but you will definitely get used to it within a week:) ! And one last thing is that the microwave is superrrrrrr quite, best reason to buy it hahah

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Jess

JessSydney

looks great and works well without too many confusing buttons

I bought this at a good price and it works very well, It is also is very stylish and looks nice on my kitchen bench. the panel with the buttons is easy to use and not too hard to work out even without the manual. I would recommend this microwave.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Nicola

NicolaAU

Does the job

Good microwave. Looks good. Makes a sound at the end of cooking just once. Doesn't continually beep like my old microwave. Heats fairly evenly. It is quite deep so didn't fit well in my microwave cupboard. Only the width measurement was provided. Purchased from Goodguys eBay. I don't regret purchasing.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Airship11

Airship11melbourne

Good Looking and functions well

We are very happy with this microwave. It cooks so fast compared to our old one and very thoroughly too. The main reason we bought it is because my wife is on a "styling" binge and insisted it "went with" everything else in our house and the fact that it works well is just good luck as she didn't look into that side at all. Anyway it is all good as it does works well and we are happy with it

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Darwish

DarwishAustralian Capital Territory

nice one

bought at a good price from good guys,
nice shape, colour and look
very powerful
not much noise
nice finish music
bought another one for mother day and other for sister
good packaging, it had movie offer two tickets that must be claimed from the LG website
overall good to buy if you have the budget for it

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Belinda

Belindaasked

Is it normal to have a lot of condensation around the outside of the microwave after use?

Rich

I haven't noticed but ours is recessed into a cabinet

Peter

not on the outside - lots of condensate on the inside
after getting mine repaired (replaced complete door and electronic panel due to water ingress) I'm following repairers recommendation to keep the microwave door open when not in use to keep insides dry and avoid the F3 fault (water inside door electronics) again

Hannah

Hannahasked

What does the dial knob do when it’s pushed in vs not pushed? I can’t find anything in the manual

Sharon

I think it's just that you can push it in to "hide it" if you don't need to use it.

blinkybillasked

Does anyone with this inverter model of LG microwave find that the microwave struggles with dishes that need long periods of cooking eg 20-30 minutes? I have noticed that the microwave gets quite hot externallly. Also when it is cold, it will boil a cup of water with about 1:50, I've noticed that immediately after cooking a dish for an extended period, and when the microwave is hot, it may take 2:30 or more to boil the cup of water. Is it possible that the electronics are reducing the power due to it being hot. Is this something seen with all inverter microwaves? I never noticed anything with my previous non-inverter microwave.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives