LG NeoChef MS4296

Buying Guide Banner

Squiggles

SquigglesCentral Queensland, QLD

SENSOR COOKING DREADFUL

Purchased LG Neo Chef MS4296 on 24th November 2020. Extremely disappointed with the sensor cooking. Frozen peas came out burnt, like bullets and jacket potatoes like dried prunes. Not happy at all with this model. Friends say that they only use microwaves for heating up. This one did that well but I use the microwave as it is designed to be used and this one does not measure up. Cleaning is extremely easy and there are some good features.
So unhappy, we purchased another brand and gave this one away!

Purchased in November 2020 at Harvey Norman for $290.00.

alanloganjacksonconnor

alanloganjacksonconnorGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good product until it wouldn’t heat food

Purchased in December 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $239.00.

Elijah L

Elijah L

Very disappointed despite assurances from Harvey Norman

We bought this microwave from Harvey Norman to replace our previous one which was heating food unevenly. Even after assurances from HN that this would be better it heats food so unevenly that you have to do it twice or thrice. It seems to heat the plate the food is in more than the food itself. It's not a good appliance at all. The only thing this thing has is the looks and stops at that...

Purchased in August 2017 at Harvey Norman.

SueMurray Region, NSW

Love this microwave!

Purchased in October 2020 at Bing Lee Physical store for $299.00.

LG A.LG

Good till it didn't heat

I brought this in 2017 and it worked till 3 weeks ago. It is a manufacturing issue as it won't heat anymore, as it has a 10 yr manufacturing issue I thought I was covered but LG have been painful to deal with. Basically making it a nightmare to get replace. I have to pay for a call out fee or take it to them to be looked at to see if they will replace it. The Same thing happened to my parents one (exactly the same model).

Purchased in April 2017 for $280.00.

HAKWerribee, VIC

GOt one and it's ok nothing as claimed by LG

Date PurchasedSept 2018
HAK

the comment was there fora while and LG didn't even bother to sort it out , that shows customer service failures , so won't buy Lg anymore

rp85Willoughby

Good LG Microwave

Purchased in May 2018 at Betta Home Living for $249.00.

rp85

Hi, we have updated our review. There was an issue with the wall socket, not the microwave. We didn't expect that as we only recently renovated the kitchen, but it happens :-)

Don’t buy anything from LG, poor quality and no service at all!

Called up LG customer service hotline, was told to take the faulty unit (1.5 year old) to POWER ELECTRONICS & ALARMS at HOLBECHE ROAD ARNDELL PARK for repairing.

Called up POWER ELECTRONICS, was told to take faulty the unit to their workshop for on spot repairing.

When I arrived the repairing centre, the lady told me they do not provide any service for small goods in 2 weeks time because they are too busy.

Absolutely ridiculous! 40 mins drive to the there and was told they cannot help me at all!

NO LG Product in my life again, shame on you LG!

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $299.00.

Gary W.
Gary W.

If you have no control over the quality and SLA of your service centre - then simply don’t sell anything in Australia. After sales service is extremely important and I cannot see LG is offering any assistance after reading my comments above.

Alfred

Alfred

Good looking product but disappoints

I bought this to replace my ageing LG microwave to use mostly for reheating food and cooking rice. The microwave looks very smart too. But cooking rice disappoints. My old LG has an autocook function for rice and cooks it for 14 minutes. This new oven with sensor cooking cooks the rice for 33 minutes. That is more than twice longer and makes the rice very dry in the end. I am disappointed. I think they programmed this incorrectly.

Purchased in November 2020.

Yunis

YunisPerth, WA

6 weeks old and not heating food quick...

We have had the LG Neochef for 6 weeks and up until today it’s been a great microwave but now it’s taking ages to heat things up. Looked on google for advice and came across hundreds of people having the same issue with this microwave. We are taking it back this week for a refund as I don’t think a new replacement one will last.

Purchased in October 2020 at The Good Guys for $325.00.

enandja

enandjaCanberra 2600, ACT

Disappointing microwave, underperforming and noisy.

Swayed by the reviews, purchased this microwave over 12 months ago.
It has always been noisy with the plastic guides/ wheels possibly the cause. After 5 minutes of use the glass turntable is untouchable due to its high temperature. Also appears slower in cooking compared to our previous Samsung which was not an inverter.
Could not recommend.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for $263.00.

SamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great after sale customer service from LG.

Received a great after sale customer service from LG. I was responded ASAP by Alicia and kept me posted with my queries. Amazing customer services specially in the lock down period.

Thanks Alicia !

Purchased in February 2018 at Harvey Norman for $319.00.

Sam

Thanks for you contacting me immediately and assisting me.
Appreciate it.

LG A.LG

Stopped heating and warranty is worth nothing

We have had this for just over 2 years and it has stopped heating! LG don’t stand by their warranty and have told me I love too far away from a service centre for them to help me!
Appalling customer service. For such an expensive microwave and no help with warranty and have been told to buy a new one.

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman for $279.00.

Chicko's

Chicko's

Will not buy LG microwaves again.

Purchased in October 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Rav S.

Rav S.Sydney, NSW

Do not buy!

Unpacked my brand new microwave and tried to heat something. After 20 seconds, receive F11 error. I unplugged, tried different power functions and still get the error. Error does not exist in the manual so I have to google the error. I find out my new microwave has an motor control unit failure. I cannot use the microwave. Thankfully I did not throw out my previous 12 year old microwave. Seeking refund.

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman for $285.00.

Gagingi

GagingiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wouldn't buy again!

We bought this microwave, largely because it had great reviews. Three months on, and we still cannot work out how it got such reviews. Hubby hates it. It's difficult to set and you cannot choose a specific time - you need to go through in 10-second jumps. To reset the time, you need to pull the whole thing out at the plug (it's heavy). Its programming features are indecipherable. It heats okay, but not better/worse than others. It does have a nice jingle when it finishes cooking. It is slightly larger outside than its Sharp predecessor (but same power/internal literage). We definitely would NOT buy it again.

Purchased in July 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $310.00.

Melanie T.

Melanie T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good microwave

It works really well and doesn’t burn your food while maintaining the foods taste and texture to a higher degree but nothing will beat a first round cooked meal. It’s well made and looks like a quality oven.

Leolass

LeolassGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Was OK for two years then the door shattered!!

Purchased in August 2018 at Betta Home Living for $247.00.

Plutopup

PlutopupSouth East Queensland, QLD

Reading the buttons is impossible

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman for $283.00.

Byrno

ByrnoHighfields

Another great LG product

Great machine, cannot fault, cooks things through properly, smart machine alright. Hard to get, but then, usually the good stuff sells first. More room than we really needed, but smaller size was just too small.

Purchased in August 2020 at Joyce Mayne for $279.00.