LG WD11020D / WD12020D / WD13020D

LG WD11020D / WD12020D / WD13020D

WD11020D, WD13020D, WD12020D

See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

cheryl.williamsSydney, NSW

Cant be balanced despite many efforts

This machine is only 12 months old and various people including an LG service person has tried to balance it.

I vibrates across the floor and we cant stop it.
Very dangerous

Purchased in April 2018.

LG
LG A.LG

My contact details are 0408537533

Tellasis

Tellasis

Discontinued for a reason no doubt

This machine came with a label saying it had a 10 year warranty. It has only lasted 4 years. LG customer service is so poor they offer no assistance at all. Located off shore in Manilla. They pass you from one person to the next and conveniently loose your call if you want to speak to a Manager (who have no authority to help whatsoever). LG should be building machines that last and they should provide economical parts and repairs. They don't do this at all and expect you go buy a new machine. WHATEVER you do DO NOT invest in this company.

Purchased in September 2015 at Bing Lee for $720.00.

Missing

MissingSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works OK but why does the door stay locked for so long?

When it finished the wash cycle, it plays the (sily) tune, but the door doesn't unlock for around 10 minutes. Just long enough for you to often forget the cycle had finished, so you forget to empty it!
This must be in the programming? LG denied it does this and that was that.

Purchased in February 2013.

Anna I

Anna IPerth, WA

These Cycles are Perfect!

Purchased in May 2019.

Dryer TypeElectrolux EDV505

Excellent machine , no trouble in nearly 9 years

This model has handled everything from overalls, doonas etc down to very delicate (wash bagged) items for nine years without missing a beat. There are three adults that use it, one of whom also washes four grandchildren's clothes, floor runners and dog jackets. It is used almost every day and hasn't missed a beat except for a clogged filter now and then. It does tend to dance across the surface it's on but I fixed that by mounting heavy plastic tubing around a stainless steel wire and wrapping it round the two rear feet and anchoring to the floor. There is about 50 mils of play and that's fine. My next machine is going to be the same or similar.

Purchased in August 2010 for $799.00.

Joeeeee

Joeeeee

Great washing machine

Purchased in January 2019.

Corey T

Corey TMid North Coast, NSW

Still going after 9 years of service.

This machine does a good job at washing and is still going strong after 9 years except for the startup and finish chimes.
The only issue with this machine is that it’s noisy, vibrate the house while on spin cycle and to stop it from walking across the laundry we had to use non-slip stair tread (self adhesive coarse sandpaper) under the feet,

Purchased in January 2010 for $999.00.

Bobsar

BobsarSA, 5000

Brilliant wouldn’t hesitate buying another.

This is a fantastic washer never misses a beat, it’s on it’s 6th nearly 7th year and still as good as the day we got it. We won’t hesitate in getting another LG washer when we eventually upgrade and I’m expecting to be able still sell this for something especially with the 10 year direct drive warranty.

Date PurchasedMar 2012

Matt73Roma

WD1202D

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Kid

KidBrisbane

I purchased this in 2010 and its still going strong

The best washing machine I have ever owned. I am trying to think of one thing I don't like about this washing machine and possibly a little too noisy. In saying that I wouldn't hesitate purchasing the newer model. It gets so much use, and never fails us. Occasionally something will get stuck in the filter but its easy enough to get it out.

Date PurchasedMay 2010

Marky Mark

Marky MarkPerth, WA

Great washing machine

Date PurchasedNov 2009

Alan

AlanBayswater

Shakes the house down

Have run out of patience with this thing - have had it for many years, and whilst it washes well, & is economical with water, you can only spin it on low speed lest it walk out the room & down the path. Seriously - it walked across the laundry door & I had to break-in thru the window!! Bizarre. And you cannot even open the washer door to re-distribute the load once it is apparent that it's horrendously out of balance.
A load of towels shakes the whole house.
I can't think of anyway to resolve the problem - LG couldn't advise anything, they just offered to send a serviceman......like he's gonna help me.

Date PurchasedFeb 2010

saagoo_1111

saagoo_1111Perth

Trustful LG as expected

Works good as we are big family and not all wash clothes together due to hygiene and also lot many clothes. Selected this considering everyone washes separate or me and my partner in same wash at most works good and also less power and water consumption than our previous top loader machine.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Nettie

NettieDrouin 3818

Doesn't clean as good anymore and we are a retired couple which we do not have heavy soiled clothes.

Have had this machine since 2011 now its doing what everybody else is complaining about...walks across the floor and it doesn't matter what you are washing and also has become very noisy, it seems all this happens straight after extended warranty. I dont thi k anything is built to last over five years.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Krystine

Krystine

Great value for money machine.

Clothes always come out smelling clean and dirt-free, even on heavily soiled items. It has a variety of settings for different types of loads, but I usually stick to the 60-min cycle which seems to clean most medium sized loads well. It is relatively quiet - my machine sits inside my bathroom & can't be heard from outside if the door is closed.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Was good, now can't wait to ditch it

Date PurchasedJul 2011

hunter71

hunter71AU

Much more reliable than the previous Bosch

Does everything well, It's quiet, it washes well and it doesn't seem to unduly wear out the washing as tall. It's fairly quiet and love the 30 minute wash option. I wouldn't look at another brand in a hurry. Had this for over 5 years now and it just keeps on going. Our previous machine (Bosch 800 Maxx if I remember rightly) needed a new pump at about the 2-3 year mark and new suspension when we replaced it.

Sometimes get a door not closed error but not if that is our fault or the catch/switch wearing. A little push and it is on it's way. That's the only issue we've ever had and that doesn't happen if we remember to firmly close the door.

Date PurchasedAug 2011

Mick

MickDarling Downs, QLD

Best ever

This is the best washing machine ever. It is quiet and washes clothes perfect and I love the quick wash feature too. I have had this machine for over 5 years now and it's faultless in every way. I wouldn't hesitate in buying another LG washing machine for sure. Another real good thing about it is the amount of water saved each wash.

Date PurchasedJun 2011

Ari

Ari

Disappointed with life span.

A major part of the machine needed fixing and replacing after only 5 years. The drain pump motor needed replacing and was not covered under warranty. We have only three people in the house, so we didn't have to wash every day. Very disappointed with inconvenience, longevity and cost of $257.

Date PurchasedJan 2012

This machine actually stinks

Date PurchasedFeb 2011

mark.  r

mark. rasked

My wd13020d1 front loader won’t stay on. It turns on but then switches off after a few seconds then the PF (power failure) code shows up on display.
I’ve tried all of the recommended resets etc but still doing same thing. Please help!
mark

Kerrieasked

The clip on the door has lost its spring, so now cant use it. I've managed to fet the door off, but looks like the whole assembly is sealed. Does that mean the machine us junk due to one dodgy spring?

Matt73

I bought a new clip and spring for our washing machine earlier this year. I just boight ours from one of the online appliance parts.
There are four screws that hold the front and back sections of the door together. Just remove these and you get access to the spring and door clip. Maybe take photos of it coming apart to know how it goes back together.

If you have one of the very early model front loader LGs, those clips are no longer available.

Kerrie

Oh thanks. Ive now got the door off and apart and have ordered a new part. Looks like its the plastc part that broke, allowing the spring to fall out. Handle Part was $19 plus $15 postage.Just hope I can get it back together again! You tube helps. I found the french video more helpful than the english. There is a whole door assembly available for $125 if i cant re-assemble.

Jock

Jockasked

Suddenly no power at all. I have tried the push the buttons and plug back in thing but nah, that didn't help. I am hoping there is a main fuse somewhere. It washed a load last night. Today no power.
Is there a replaceable fuse somewhere?

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

Download manual