Lloyds Auctions

1.2

David W.

David W.Queensland

Dishonest and misleading

As the auction draws to a close the time is extended mysteriously without warning. This is dishonest and deceptive conducted under consumer law and certainly auction practice. Don't deal with them.

Inflated jewellery valuations

Please be careful if bidding on any jewellery with a valuation.
We had our jewellery valued again upon receipt, to be told the valuations lloyds provided us with are greatly inflated. Our valuer also pointed out gems were glued in the setting, not something that Karma gemmologist identified. Karma appears to provide cut price valuations to Lloyds so the items will sell,buyer beware.
I do not rate Lloyds st all. An honest auction room room would provide a proper valuation without hiding.
Lloyds were incredibly difficult to get hold of, with phone numbers scarce.

Item Not Delivered

I have been emailing for 1 month since i paid for an item to find out where it is. They delivered it to another person by accident but wont tell me when i will get it, if i will get it, or give me a refund. They delivered it to Toowoomba and my address is in Brisbane yet say its delivered. I have dealt with a number of auction houses and they are the worst.

FobbedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of $100 for useless items

Bought a box of spray paint with hardly any gas in the cans so the liquids just poured out of them creating an unimaginable mess. Still have 7 cans left if anyone wants them. The other flop was the printer that was sold without any ink cartridges or cords so there is no way of telling whether it works or not until I buy 4 ink cartridges and cords. For all these junks I traveled 200kms there and back to Brisbane but luckily the last time. On a different note, it was a $100 lesson not to buy again from an auction.

DanSydney, NSW

Missing goods

Ray

RaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware of what you buy from here!!!!

Won the bid and emailed me and next day we have bad news as we didn't meet the vendors price,what a waste of our time. They rang us and asked for more money of what i bid. Ridiculous!

Communer

CommunerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Warning!

It is imperative that you inspect anything before you bid, for it could be seriously damaged, even though it is offered for sale. All items are sold "as is," regardless.

Dishonest company

Angela

AngelaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Damages

I purchased many things from the auction house, received one antique item that was not even wrapped, just left in the bottom of the box, broken and beyond repair. Freight costs are a joke, $130 to get from Queensland to Melbourne, and you do not know that until AFTER you have purchased item. My first and last time.

Deb T

Deb TSouth East Queensland, QLD

Have purchased from 2 auctions and received items damaged beyond repair both times.

Because of COVID-19 you can't collect the items but they sure know how to charge you for freight. The photos are of the damaged items I've received so far. The glass in the frame looks like it was smashed before it was wrapped. I'm still waiting for a purchase from 2 weeks ago to arrive and as it hasn't been assigned a despatch number I expect I won't receive it.

• +2
SmartShopper124

SmartShopper124South East Queensland, QLD

Have reported to the ACCC

Gary

Gary

Lloyds what a joke

Lloyds Auctioneers and Valuers are complete rip off merchants. the Hidden costs and sales tax they stick on every item you buy is outrageous, even the price of shipping by them is a crazy high. you buy an item and by the time they have added all their crap ON TOP you could buy the item cheaper in a shop.

Can I not give them ZERO stars?

Frederik Pramana

Frederik PramanaSydney, NSW

Never dealing with Llyods

Llyods staff rang in the evening & asked us to come to their office to view & make an offer for the items we are interested. Their office is 60 km away and the appointment is at 10:00 am the next morning. We drove with our granddaughter ( 3 yo ).
Arriving there we had to wait for over 30 minutes then told the items were not in their office. No apologies offered and the staff is rude.
Never ever again dealing with this llyods auction house!!!

adam

adamSouth East Queensland, QLD

No Stars

Please don't purchase anything from these fraudsters
All jewellery items for sale are rubbish and not worth more than costume jewellery

They make no attempt to verify the rubbish that they're selling and hide behind terms of purchase

I can see a class action against this company soon If I was working there I'd be looking for new employment because they won't last much longer

Tip for those who get ripped off go to your bank and have them reverse payment due to fraud

Truly disgusting organisation now

Timothy

TimothyWestern Australia

Bought laptop. description fraudulent no warning saying not working.

Bought laptop in auction Description did not match what I received. Photos in auction showed it turned on and working and saying RRP $550 but when I got it does not work screws missing from back showing signs of tampering when contacted them they just said basically buyer beware but it showed as working in picture with a rrp of $550 I'm sure no one would pay $555 for something that doesn't work and missing screws and doesn't come with charger absolute rip off False descriptions wanted a laptop to study but needed to buy second hand and now I'm left with a pile of rubbish do not buy from them unless you don't care about wasting money. Everything looks good but it is as you say to good to be true.

DebSouth East Queensland, QLD

Buyer beware - do not use

Steve C.

Steve C.South East Queensland, QLD

Something smells fishy

Lloydsisdodgey

LloydsisdodgeySouth East Queensland, QLD

Dodgey dodgey dodgey

Totally agree with the fake bidding. My bid instantly was out bid, then the exact same item showed up with a couple of items from the same lot again.... The next week.... In a new auction.

Also took payment then didn't reply that they won't send unless I pay postage. Should have let me know before taking my money?!?

Cougs

CougsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fake bidders

Every time you bid on an item with seconds to go there always seems to be another bidder that bids over you with a second left, apparently Lloyds have bidded on items to bump up the sale price then if thats the case STAY AWAY!