Maclaren Techno XT / XT Elite

Maclaren Techno XT / XT Elite

Techno XT and XT Elite

See the Best 4-Wheel Prams & Strollers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mike

MikePerth, WA

Best travel pram

We used this pram for the first time for our travel to Malaysia. It was the best idea ever as it folds easily and light to carry around. Its has a cover that keeps bub dry in case of rain.

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby Baby Online for $495.00.

Safety
Functionality
Manoeuvrability
Ease of Packing & Storage

Noura

Noura

Great quality

Very good safe and strong pram. My baby loved it it's so comfortable I put him in it straight away go to sleep

Love this pram

I bought this after having a second child. Before this I had a iCandy strawberry (which I Loved but had to sell to get a double pram) and baby jogger city select double. I bought the mclaren to use it on holidays and when I have only one child to take with me. I absolutely love how light this is and how easy it is to manouver whereas the bigger peaks don't do that. Only thing I wish was a bigger basket and easier to get to it, but I understand you can't have that in an umbrella pram. Really love this and having this as a 3rd pram I understand that you don't necessarily need a big pram unless you do heaps of walking with it. This one would be enough.

Cheerful Girl

Cheerful GirlMelbourne

Forget the pram, buy this stroller from the start!

Most amazing stroller!

Lightweight, easy to close, top of the line features that are well thought out, outstanding quality material and ultra comfort...I have had many strollers but none compares to this!

IvydawnWellington, NZ

Perfect!

EmiliaGeelong

I can't find fault with this pram

Sade+AyoMummy

Sade+AyoMummySYDNEY

best pram ever.

buy one. buy one now. its light, folds to nothing. baby lays back. fits a newborn basket. the sun shade goes all the way down. wheels are sturdy and absorb bounce. i had bought with my first child a massive does everything very expensive pram with air tyres. i broke it within a year pulling the stupid thing apart to put in the car over and over. it was heavy and large. everything this pram isnt. you can fit anywhere with a maclaren.
light. steer. design - its pretty. bought it on sale!

Ellie

EllieLiverpool

Worth every dollar

This stroller is perfect for a small car and is very light. It easily fits into my Hyundai Getz. There are some cons to it but the pros far outweigh them. I love using this stroller and enjoy shopping with it. The absolute winner for me is the very easy and smooth manoeuvrability. I can turn it around with one hand. I used it for my son since birth he's 18 months now and still using it.
Reclines all the way down, Very easy and smooth ride, easy to manoeuvre, canopy goes all the way down blocking all the sun, very light, fits into hatchback boot, easy to fold and unfold, good for newborns too.
Canopy starts sagging to the side after a while, weak canopy, small basket.

Rae73

Rae73Cromwell

After loads of research

I bought this stroller 2nd hand after loads of research and I am definately impressed and glad I spent more then I had originally intended to. It's super easy to steer, is lightweight, easy to fold down. It folds down nice and small. My seven month old is really comfy in it. The sleeping bag is so toasty I want one for myself :)
Nice and small but sturdy enough to take almost anywhere.

lw3526

lw3526AU

Not User Friendly!

ACP

ACPCanberra

A great stroller for every day

Bad

This pram is not suitable for newborns, I think it would be better to buy one of the other (cheaper) Maclaren umbrella strollers for 3 months and up as you will not use it much for your newborn - they can't see you, which many dislike, and it just doesnt look that comfortable. By 3 months and older they are more happy facing forwards, and for that stage you can happily buy a lighter and cheaper Maclaren.
Very light, easy to collapse, easy to push around confined spaces such as shops. Good sunshade.
NOT suitable for newborns. I bought this for my newborn and regretted it. I ended up getting another pram which was rear-facing, so my son could see me, and also was more comfortable.

bongo

bongoAdelaide, SA

lwho

lwhoSydney, NSW

Brilliant stroller/pram from birth

Sturdy light stroller that's suitable for use from birth. It has cover for the feet for winter months and the hood can be opened and lowered down for wind and sun shade. Most brilliant design.
Suitable from birth and folds up easily. Easy maneuverability.
Difficult to access the basket when the seat is laying down

pinkkitty

pinkkittyAU

Convenience +++

6053gail

6053gailGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good

I do love this pram except for the basket and the price. There would be other strollers out there that do the same thing for a much cheaper price.
The best sun hood around. Goes all the way over and blocks out sun perfectly or gives baby privacy to sleep. Very lightweight. So easy to push one handed. Easy to fold. Love the footwarmer as there is no need to bring blankets which get lost. Good looking pram.
Basket is terrible. Whatever can go in is basically not coming out! Pockets on back of hood feel weak. The recline feature could be made easier to use. Price is way too expensive.

Aims

AimsAU

tachisan

tachisan

Yazzzy

Yazzzyasked

Techno XT

I'm currently looking at buying either the Maclaren techno xt and silvercross pop2. They both have similar features but I'm mainly after the high weight capacity and the zipped extendable hood. Can anyone confirm that the tehno xt actually does have a zip extendable part in the hood?

Thanks in advance!

Emilia

Yes. The Maclaren TecnoXT has a zipped extendable hood with breathing mesh to protect from the sun and from over heating. It does not take weight well so it can warp if you put too much weight on the hood when its zipped (supermarket trips etc)

Janin

It does! That is one of our favorite thongs on this stroller. The hood extends completely and is extremely sturdy. Honestly, for me this was a best buy and I would not change it. It is easy to maneuver and super lightweight. The full recline is amazing too...still find it hard to believe that it is an umbrella stroller.

2cents

2centsasked

Techno XT

Does this recline to fully flat? Can it take a buggy board?

Emilia

It does recline fully flat. I used it for my first from day one. The buggy board i am assuming its those skate board thingies you attach at the back and if that is the case yes you can. The buggy board is an issue if you are short like me however. You cant push the pram properly as your feet crash against the board and its very uncomfortable.ive seen most short women walking beside as opposed to behind which can maybe cause injuries.

Ivydawn

Not fully, but very nearly flat! It's so easy to just pull the little lever at the back up with one hand and slowly lower it when my daughter falls asleep and now that she's 2, also very easy to push it back up just with one hand again and it clicks into place itself.

Janin

It does recline all the way! It's awesome and comfortable because the baby stays sleeping there long lengths of time. However, I'm not sure what a buggy board is...

Get an answer from our members and Maclaren representatives

Maclaren Techno XT