2.4

33% · 917 · 63%

Sensitivity Improvement Yes · No
Whitening Improvement Yes · No
Taste
3.7
Brand Manager for GSK? Claim your listing.

Peter  Jill
Peter Jill3 posts

Macleans has changed, Why

Why has has Macleans Extreme Clean taken the RED Strip out of the tooth paste???? Show details
Jack L.
Jack L.3 posts

I would give 0 stars if I could

This toothpaste made my skin come off, i dont know what kind of weird stuff they put in. Show details
Adriana
Adriana

Best toothpaste

Best toothpaste ever. Been using this for years and have no plans to use any other toothpaste. Show details
Hayley
HayleyNorth Queensland, QLD2 posts

Ripped Off

Just opened a new tube today only to it half empty. Seriously this isn’t good enough. Yeah it’s a good product and it’s a decent price but having a family of 4 this annoys me.  Show details
Taste
Tony
TonySouthern and Hills, SA2 posts

Love the results

Have been using this product for years and at 80 y.o. I have all my own teeth. Macleans Extreme Clean used twice daily suits me just fine.

Chloe
ChloePerth

Got a cavity and my teeth are yellow now

This stuff is very strong but the freshness only lasts like one hour and then your teeth feel gross again, as soon as I started using this my teeth have gotten worse and they were perfectly fine before, they are more yellow and get plaque sooner and the mint is so strong right after rinsing it is PAINFUL. Would just stick with oral b or Colgate, not whatever this stuff is made of.

cecilia.y.p
cecilia.y.pAU6 posts

Taste of bicarb

Bring back the original formula. My mouth do not feel fresh after each clean, it just taste like bicarb. It is considered a fail for a toothpaste. It is definitely missing the refreshing elements which the original formula had.

Eops
Eops

Be wary if you accidentally inhale some

I got distracted while brushing and accidentally inhaled a small amount. Resulted in choking and shortness of breath. Upon being able to breath again my throat is bleeding and feels burnt. Dangerous! Should have a warning label and keep out of reach of children. I don't know what is in this product but it is a hazard.

Chelle
ChelleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA12 posts

I think it works, but it is weird stuff

I bought the Macleans Extreme Clean 'Lasting Fresh' because I struggle with sinus-related breath issues sometimes, and I wanted to veer away from products containing Triclosan.

I really do think this makes my breath fresher for much longer. It ticks the box there.

But it leaves the weirdest feeling in my mouth, as if my mouth has some sort of coating all around it. I think it may be affecting the skin in my mouth. If I drink anything containing milk, it reacts and creates this thick, mucous-like, white substance.

I am really unsure whether to love this product or hate it.

Marie cc
Marie cc

Unlike most, I enjoy the new formula

Yes I did prefer the cleaning experience with the old formula but I much prefer the results of the new one. I'm not fussed. I miss the old flavour and texture but honestly you only spend a few minutes a day brushing your teeth. I prefer the formula of the new one which it more important. Visibally whiter teeth!

Daniel Scott
Daniel ScottAU

Useless Crap

Tried this toothpaste (made in South Africa mind you) from Coles Supermarket in South Australia and the packaging splits down the join seam on the toothpaste body bloody useless crap.

Valphill
Valphill3 posts

Bad packaging

I've used Macleans toothpastes for many many years and I don't have a problem with this toothpaste other than trying to squeeze it out of the tube! The tube in Extreme Clean appears to me to be a thicker type of plastic, almost like a thin aluminium. However, I find it very difficult to squeeze the tube with enough paste to put on my brush.

I communicated with GSK and they very kindly sent me replacements, but not Extreme Clean.

Several months later I bought Extreme Clean again - same problem - too hard to squeeze out of the tube.

Must remember not to buy that flavour/type again. And if Macleans start using the same tube packaging as Extreme Clean, I will be changing brands.

Barca
BarcaSydney3 posts

Ben M
Ben M

Bring back the good toothpaste!

The new extreme clean fresh is a fail. We've gone back to cheap stuff in whatever brand. If it's going to taste bad it might as well be cheap.

LH
LH

Loved the old bubbly formula!

Please bring back the old formula - it was the absolute best!! This new one is so terrible!!! No foam, peeling skin on inside of cheeks, gross taste.