Macoda Mattress

Macoda Mattress

Double, King, King Single, Queen and Single

The mattress is fantastic

Our mattress was old and we were both having lower back and hip pain. After spending days comparing mattresses we chose Macoda. We have not looked back and could not be happier in our choice. Over a two week period our pains slowly disappeared. Have recommended to family and friends. Thanks Chris

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Perceived FirmnessMedium
Awesome to hear, Chris! Thanks so much for the review :)

Pretty comfortable and does not retain heat.

So pleased that I finally have a mattress which does not get hot. The cool gel layer works well. I prefer a soft bed, and the softer layers didn’t quite meet what I needed. A mattress topper has fixed this so now very comfortable sleeping.
Less back and hip pain during the night. Any hesitation was removed with the 100 nights guarantee, which I have not had to use. Thanks.

Purchased in June 2019 at On line. for $800.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

Although the mattress wasn't for me the whole experience was excellent from the delivery to answering all my emails even the refund stage and the old mattress going to the salvos is a great thing .. the mattress is very comfy it just wasn't for me as I like a very flat top . I would highly recommend giving it a go cause my father in law tried it and loved it and he is purchasing one for himself.

Purchased in June 2019.

Hey Paul! Thanks so much for leaving a review, we're glad our service left a good impression. Here's hoping you find your dream sleep soon :)

Great matress and customer service

Our Macoda mattress is great.
It's well designed, and seems to be made from high quality materials. The customisable firmness options are very convenient, and results in a plush, comfortable feel, which is also supportive thanks to the pocket spring base layer.
The matress was a huge improvement on our previous one, and I definitely feel less stiff when I wake up in the morning.

We did notice some black marks on the underside of the top cover when we first received the matress, however when informed Macoda they happily sent us a replacement cover for free.

Purchased in June 2019 for $840.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium
Thanks for your kind words, Michael! Happy sleeping :)

It is so, so comfortable, and minimal partner disturbance

Sleeping heaps better now, missus is no longer have hip pain after sleeping. Next day delivery to Perth was awesome as we needed a new mattress quickly. Will recommend it to friends & family

Purchased in April 2019 for $840.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Perceived FirmnessMedium
Woohoo! Thanks for your review and recommendation :)

A great mattress

The mattress arrived the next day and was easy to install. It is certainly much more comfortable than our previous foam/memory foam mattress. One of the reasons we bought it was because I have been developing hip pain at night which interrupts my sleep. The mattress has almost completely stopped that, I can still get a slight discomfort from my hips but it depends on how I lie. My wife also complained that our previous mattress sagged in the middle the new mattress does not but it's too early to tell whether that could become a problem. When either of us turns over or gets up at night there is almost no disturbance to our partner. I think our sleep has improved considerably and I can recommend the mattress. I have a couple of minor gripes nothing to do with the quality of the mattress. When I ordered it there was a discount code for about $200. It didn't work but they did fix it up after I complained. It is annoying that most mattress in a box manufacturers offer a discount of about $200 so the quoted price is not the real price. It's a bit like JBHiFi or Harvey Norman just a bit of a con to get those who don't ask for discount. Also they don't provide any paper or pdf documentation with the mattress including no record of the 10 year warranty.

Purchased in July 2019 for $840.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium
Thanks for the great review! We're always looking to improve our product and our service, and feedback like yours helps us to do so - so thank you :)

Cannot review something that does not arrive!

No idea how this mattress feels...it's still with TNT!
TNT have ignored my specific instructions 3 times now, as a result I am still waiting for delivery. TNT admit they have ignored my instructions and yet have no explanation why.

I suggest Macoda Matress get themselves a reliable competent and honourable courier. TNT are none of those. Whilst TNT's failure is not the fault of Macoda it will be if they do not change to someone better.
I believe that I am not the only one who has suffered from TNT's incompetence.

Macoda are you listening?

Purchased in June 2019.

Hey! We're really sorry to hear you're having a bad experience with delivery. Can you please contact us at info@macoda.com.au and let us know your order number so we can help resolve this for you straight away :)Hi! Just following up as I can see your mattress has already been delivered. I'm sorry for any frustration and inconvenience and I hope everything went smoothly this time. If you have any other issues please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email or submitting a contact form on the website. Happy sleeping :)11 days to deliver....no I am not in the bush. Unacceptable! 4 times now TNT have failed to do what they have said they would do. N.B not me asking, them saying "we will do this", then they just do not bother doing it. The mattress may be good, we will see, but the delivery is rubbish.

Good value, comfortable, customisable.

Extremely effecient delivery - ordered Sunday night, delivered regional WA by 9 am Tuesday. Satisfying watching it "inflate"! Comfy to sleep in with no partner disturbance. We haven't changed the comfort, but a simply process to customise. Be prepared - very heavy, but hey, lots of pocket springs. Good value with EOFY special.

Purchased in June 2019 for $900.00.

Amazing comfort!

An amazingly comfortable mattress, and great customer service! My partner and I both love it, after suffering from pain with our previous mattress.

It’s very heavy, but so worth it once it’s in place.

Purchased in June 2019 for $850.00.

Perceived FirmnessSoft
Thanks so much for your review, Veronica! We're happy that you're happy :)

So comfortable

Purchased my mattress about a month ago. And holy cow, going to work in the mornings is killer, I must admit my afternoon naps have also massively increase on the weekends. Also a massive warning to all potenical customers, your partner is not going to be happy, after after no time at all I’m sound asleep. 10/10. Thanks Macoda

Purchased in April 2019.

Affordable, firm mattress that improved my nights sleep!

Upgraded my mattress after a few years of constant back pain, first night on it I slept like a baby.
I'm using the mattress on the firm setting, so far so good, I've owned the mattress past the 100 night period and can honestly say its improved my sleep by tenfold.
Very affordable and was able to receive the mattress within 4 days of ordering it.
Macoda was willing to answer all the questions I had regarding the mattress as well which I appreciated.

Purchased in December 2018.

Perceived FirmnessHard
Thanks for your positive feedback Luke! Happy sleeping :)

Terribly uncomfortable - avoid if you don't like very hard mattresses

I wish I hadn't bought this mattress; it was nothing but agony for the over 28 days that I had to wait until it could be returned. My experience right from the start was horrible, and it never got any better. For me, the firm setting is diamond-hard, there's no discernable difference on the medium setting, and the soft setting is hard like concrete - there was just no softness to this bed at all. It took me over an hour each night to get to sleep, trying to find any semblance of comfort, and I would wake up after an hour or so in agony, and unable to get back to sleep until I went to sleep on the couch (which is not designed for sleeping). I didn't get one full nights sleep the entire 6 weeks I had this mattress. 3 massages and hours in the hot springs couldn't alleviate the pain I felt from sleeping.
If you like a mattress that is very firm, then this might suit you, as plenty of other reviews would suggest many people like it. However, if you prefer something with some give and an element of softness, then I wouldn't recommend this at all.
The returns process was also painful - it took 4 days to even acknowledge my refund request, and then the process is dependent on when the Salvos can come pick the mattress up - this happened 2 weeks after I made my return request. I got my refund about a week after the salvos has picked it up.
When Macoda actually respond to an email request, they're quite helpful, but overall I didn't find the experience a positive one.

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,050.00.

Sleeping PositionBack
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Discomfort Yes
Perceived FirmnessVery Hard
Hi Eva, I'm sorry to hear you had such an unpleasant experience. We try to make things as easy for customers as possible, and I'm disappointed to hear this wasn't the case for you. While our records suggest that the waiting periods you've expressed are somewhat overstated, your experience still reflects poorly on us and I am sorry. I do want to genuinely thank you for your feedback - it helps us to improve and keeps us accountable. Again, I'm extremely sorry that you've had this experience and hopefully we can improve in the future. Good luck finding your dream sleep! - James.

The best mattress I’ve ever bought

This is the most comfortable mattress I have ever bought. With the different firmness inserts, it makes it a mattress for everyone. I am sleeping so much better since changing to my new Macoda mattress. My wife has neck issues and has also noticed a difference in the regular soreness that she suffers - less trips to the physiology since having the new mattress.

Very satisfied. Having rotated through 2 other Bed in a box

Hope this helps prospecting buyers.
Me and my partner are relatively light, 70kg myself and 50kgs

Had tried Ec*** and Lu**; they had their share of issues. So we decided to give macoda a try.
(Please see below if you are interested in finding out my experience with others)

Ordering was easy; taking delivery was not. The mattress is shipped from WA and we are in Melb.
Toll missed the scheduled delivery date by 3 days. (Scheduled 30th April; Delivered 3rd May)
Not impressed;

Packaging, was literally just a box. Given the weight (heavy), would have appreciated some handle cutouts or wheels. Moving it was difficult as there was little to no grip. (Fortunately, I have appropriate gloves which helped)

Unboxing it was straightforward as with all bed in a box. The first layer is the easiest to remove compared to what i have experienced before.
Took a couple of hours for expansion, a little slower than some but no issue there.

Offgassing was okay, noticeable but not overly pungent (ie we both didn't feel sick), took about 2 days of ventilating before the smell becomes unnoticeable.

Now, comfort.
This mattress is COMFORTABLE. Caveat, me and my partner are relatively small sized and light, so our experience may differ.
The stock arrangement that came was with the latex layer on top (marked soft).
Feels plush, and very well supported (feels like a memory foam based mattress)
I am a side sleeper and my partner back sleeper. Only have good things to say about the comfort.
I have pains on my lower back, shoulder and knees (from both sport and pressure points on older mattresses); and happy to report they aren't present from the mattress.

Temperature wise; happy to say that macoda lives up to its advertising. Slept relatively cool.
Edge support is decent and very little partner disturbance (my partner is quite sensitive to that, and she's fine, so i'd call it pretty good)

Conclusion: very satisfied; would recommend. If you're based outside of WA, would advise that once the connote/tracking is provided, register it to your phone number. Don't bother to stay home on the scheduled date; just check for when it scans into the local depot and wait at home the day after.
Now only time will tell if the pocket springs will sag.

Do note; YMMV; I really hope this helps a lot of buyers out there, as we spent months (some were painful)
Hopefully this helps you pick the right mattress.

My previous mattresses as below.
Lu** was very comfortable and supportive, was very very pleased with it. Unfortunately its modular construction meant that it was marginally weaker in the middle, causing me and my partner to roll into each other in the middle of the night.
Well ventilated, slept comfortably; alas the rolling into each other was too much and we decided to return it.

Ec being very hard at first (settled at medium firm at the end, but first few weeks was painfully firm); biggest issue I had was that it sleeps very hot (I have eczema, so if i start to sweat when i sleep, i end up not sleeping). Had major issues with my shoulder (side sleeper); as it very firm to start and would have terrible aches on my left shoulder.

Purchased in April 2019 for $840.00.

Perceived FirmnessSoft
Wow! Thanks for such a thorough review, Dean, we're very glad your sleeping better on your Macoda. We also appreciate your feedback regarding delivery and the box design, and will definitely be working to improve them :)

Glad theres 100night trial

The mattress is comfortable, took a few nights to settle in, has only been a week but i keep getting emails to review.
100 night review appreciated to test out temperature control.

Purchased in April 2019 for $950.00.

Sleeping PositionFront and Side
Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Perceived FirmnessHard
Thanks for leaving a review, Jayne! We're glad your finding the mattress comfy and making the most of the trial. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any issues :)

Amazing!

Extra supportive and very comfortable - highly recommend!
The best sleep that I have had in a long time. My sleep now is uninterrupted and I wake up feeling rested without any pain.
So far, I haven't noticed any difference in my mattress regarding shape or firmness. It has remained the same since day 1.

Perceived FirmnessMedium
Juliana! Thanks for an awesome review, we're very glad to hear you're already sleeping better :)

Why did it take so long?

It’s nearly two weeks now. I have slept every night all the way through. I,m trying hard not to jump into bed during the day. This mattress is so comfortable I can’t wait to get to bed. Get rid of your old one and take the plunge....you will love it! Seriously! I thought I had a sleeping disorder. Maybe I do but this has helped me sleep and sleep and sleep. I wake up feeling REAL again. You won’t be disappointed!

Purchased in March 2019.

Perceived FirmnessSoft
Woooo! Thanks for your stellar review :)

Good Quality & Back Relief

so far so good!
I have had the king mattress for about a two weeks and have been sleeping very well.
after opening and letting the mattress expand my first experience lying down was instant relief on my back and has continued to be a pleasure to sleep on.
very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,000.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

Good mattress and very versatile

Very comfortable mattress. Easy to configure to your preference (hard/ soft). Great customer service and quick mattress delivery. The only thing I don't like is the soft edges - no hard frame on the mattress. Otherwise it is perfect in every other way.

Purchased in November 2018 for $400.00.

Value for Money!

Had an amazing experience from day 1. Delivery was quick and it delivers straight to your door. The bed was supportive and comfortable at the same time. Will definitely recommend to others about this product!

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,000.00.