Macquarie Leasing Car Loan & Vehicle Finance

Macquarie Leasing Car Loan & Vehicle Finance

1.5

Josh

Josh

Don’t do it. You will regret it

Very poor robot like customer service, so many hidden fees, $500 to just pay a loan out early. If you can get a personal loan through your bank do it, Trust me, do it.

Sharks stay away! Worst bank to deal with.

Worst people to deal with! Extremely unhelpful and rude. I ask for assistance over and over again for extensions and other payment options, all I got in return was rude unhelpful responses. They are absolute sharks! They will rob you blind do use their business be warned...

identity theft

Had a loan in my name with my information. Not my loan, they clearly don't look at identification clear enough and accept any customer without proper identification. Very annoying and time consuming unnecessary matters

Car Loans

Find out how Macquarie Leasing Car Loan & Vehicle Finance compares to other Car Loans

No weekend service

They have no way of creating a login account online if you do not already have an ID number. They are only contactable during office hours and no weekend service.

iamagirl1969South Australia

Listen to my sad tale of financial woe, so you don't make the same mistakes I did!

Loan Start DateAugust 2016
Car ModelMazda 2

Worst 4 years of my life.

Horrible customer service. Incorrect payout figures. Fees for obtaining a payout figure. Inconsistent advice from different representatives. Avoid at all costs! Phone lines were confusing and misleading. Also if you ask for an email detailing why you didn't get a refund, you can't as it breachs their protocol.

Loan Start DateDecember 2015
Mel

MelDarling Downs, QLD

AVOID AVOID AVOID

Every dealing with Macquarie Leasing has just been dreadful! Poor customer service, lack empathy, condescending and just plain rude. One male spoke so disgusting to me that he should have been fired if his superior's had heard the conversation. Just awful. 0 stars not 1 star. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

sydney

sydneySydney, NSW

Shady and massive time waster - don’t get sucked in by the low % promise

Murky processes, hard to reach and inconsistent - had approval / deposited on car and then silence for 5 business days? I’ve been told by others, the statements are also once a year if lucky. Now seeking alternate finance.

Macquariesuck

MacquariesuckNorth Queensland, QLD

What an experience

Worst customer service ever. These people have no idea what they're doing or any ambition to assist you. One time it took them 45 minutes to tell me how much interest I was paying. This was after they tried to tell me that I had to ask a company I hadn't worked for for 12 months that had nothing to do with my car anymore. They will do anything they can to avoid telling you an exact answer to any question. It takes them close to a week to return an email and 48 hours plus to send you a document you request. Don't even bother with me. You're better off to sell a kidney than deal with this incompetent company

dbrar

dbrarPerth

Declined without any reason and st georges acepted my car loan

Macquarie declined my Car loan application without giving any reason whatsoever. It will be good if companies let you know the reason on basis they decide. Broker then applied with St george bank and got approved within 24 hours.

Loan TypeVariable Rate

A Macquarie Leasing Loan is costly !

I regret taking a loan from Macquarie Leasing. This loan is costly with lots of add-on costs (admin fees, $1000 establishment fees, interest etc). The App doesn't show the balance of the debt. It's hard to warn people off because they get the loan from other company e.g. Broli Finance, so you will never know it's Macquarie Leasing, and therefore you are unable to research the company.

Loan Start DateDecember 2018
Car ModelKia Sportage
Samantha

SamanthaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't do it...….

I was young when i signed up for this car loan and got completely taken advantage of. Multiple hidden fee's, insane interest rate and awful customer service. I once called to change my bank details and home address and about a month later had some debt collector thug calling me and threatening me that he was going to come to my house that day and take the car by force. obviously Macquarie didn't update my details. It was paid in less than 20 minutes and Macquarie apologised. I noticed at the end of my loan that I had been charged over $800 for that thug debt collector and Macquarie just said "oh we don't know what the charge is for, they charge us so we just pass it on to you". Absolute thieves. Don't bother.

Nic G.

Nic G.South East Queensland, QLD

Shocking customer service

Cocky customer service based in Manila reading from a script.
Do not deal with these people.
Hidden fees and very poor customer service.
Was advised deferring a payment for one week would impact my credit rating.
Wish I never signed up through them.

Loan Start DateJuly 2017
chaithbandara

chaithbandaraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extra Fees for refereal fees and direct debit not setup (even though i have set it up)

Please read the agreement carefully when you dealing with this company so many hidden fees and terrible service charge service fee for everything including the early termination fee it's pretty crap

Car ModelAudi A4
Rhe

RheSouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid if you do not want hassles

My loan was transferred from Esanda and I have not missed any payments. They need a proper system. Every now and then I get accused of not having cash in the bank to serve my debit order. They have now changed my debit order to deduct the instalment before the end of the month. It takes 15 minutes for them to review everything on a phone call and every time the system gets the blame.
Over the Christmas break when I phoned in to confirm there is cash in my account, they transferred me 3 times to confirm there is cash in the bank. I felt like a criminal, although I haven't done anything wrong.

Car Loans

Terrible! Online platform difficult to access and still locked out 6 months later!!!

Leased my car over 6 months ago. Instructed to log on and start a new account so I can review all my payments etc however the account is inaccessible due to constantly being locked out. After repeated calls to the company and having my password constantly reset nothing has changed. My impression is that Macquarie Leasing don't want you to access your account and make extra payments - seems like they are happy to lock you into a contract and extract as much interest out of you as possible. Even promises from company Reps to call back never happen. Will soon be referring this matter to the Ombudsman.

Loan TypeLine of Credit
Loan Start DateFebruary 2019
SoOver Macquarie

SoOver MacquarieSydney, NSW

Avoid avoid avoid

I have started a new job and I'm six weeks in now. Still can't organise for payment to be made. They won't take credit card either to fix up payments.

Loan TypeLine of Credit
Car ModelToyota Kluger GSU50R
Bill

BillGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No customer service

From day of signing the loan papers no schedule provided. Six phone calls and a month later after speaking with a manager got the schedule
Loan now paid off but again 3 calls later still no final receipt. Wow

Dazza O.

Dazza O.South East Queensland, QLD

Little hard to get help on the phone

I had to wait a month for my loan to finalise and my bank put wrong account number on payout of loan that didn't help the cause, but they got it sorted and happy now...

Keith

Keith

Horrendous. Avoid to preserve your sanity!

Loan TypeSplit

Criste B.

Criste B.asked

How does the calculations work When you do an early payment? Eg loan term 84 mths monthly repayment is $600. The full Loan schedule based on settlement date is $52k. Early payment by 65 months. What is the amount to pay?

Rose P.asked

Where can I get updated car loan statement?

iamagirl1969

That depends on who you got the original car loan through. If it was directly with M.L. then they need to provide you with the requested document. If it was with another provider (e.g. your loan originally started out as a novated lease for example) then you need to go back to that source. I hope this information helps you out.

Brittneyasked

What is included in the payout figure? Do you have the pay the whole loan term of interest if you pay it out early?

Joe Bloggs
Joe Bloggs

Yes, our payout figure included all loan term interest. So yes you do I believe

Brittney

What’s the best way to get my bank details changed ASAP?

Hi Brittany,
I am no expert in finance payouts but from experience, your payout figure can include (but is not limited to) the following;
term of personal loan/lease and or HP arrangement. Amount of original purchased item, (e.g. Car purchased for a total value of $35k using this as an example) the interest rate of the finance, any fines or extra fees incurred for paying out a sum of money early, any balloon payments and how long you have been paying out (e.g. there will be a lower payout figure for a term that is near the end of its arrangement, than a payout that is made earlier. I hope this information helps you out. If you still need assistance you can try ringing a financial counsellor from the National Debt Helpline on 1800-007-007. The service is anonymous and free.

Get an answer from our members and Macquarie Bank representatives