Mainkon

Mainkon

See the Best Bathroom Renovators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great value. Amazing bathroom.

Paul did an amazing job with my bathroom.
Of the three quotes collected, Paul’s included the most work at the best price.

He offered lots of tips on materials, where to buy the best products and at the cheapest price.
He also made great suggestions on what would suit this particular bathroom.

The job was completed in the timeframe specified and there were no extra hidden costs.

He even did a few other jobs around the house and they too were the best of the quotes.

I would definitely recommend him and will be using him for any future projects.

Reliable, consciencious and transparent

We found Paul of Mainkon on the HiPages, we chose Paul after meeting with 5 builders because he listened carefully, provided terrific ideas and was overall an excellent communicator during the quoting process and throughout the job. We had saved for years for the renovations so the stakes were high. Paul, Jake and Loui were professional, considerate and always on time. They undertook their tasks with great care and respect and a great eye for detail. We are extremely happy with the end result and would have no hesitation in recommending Mainkon.

Would definitely recommend Mainkon

We are very happy with the outcome and quality of work in our three bathroom renovation by Paul and his team. Paul was very approachable, easy to talk to, and consulted with us every step of the way. He listened to our ideas, explained what would work best and made some great suggestions too. Paul and his team were reliable, and the work was completed within the timeframe given. We were so happy with the outcome, we asked Paul to come back and do a laundry renovation and some other work.

Job completed to high standard and on time

Mainkon renovated my 2 bathrooms within the agreed timeframe and to a high standard (with no fuss). They helped with selecting the right fittings and tiles for my budget, which saved a lot of time. Then they supplied all tiles, fittings plumbing and electrical work. They sent regular updates with images on progress, and they contacted me about any variations that needed to be made in advance. They are especially good for interstate investors who don't have the time or ability to closely manage their renovation projects.

Very happy

Paul was a referral from a friend. After interviewing a few people, we found Paul to be the best communicator and most experienced person. We weren't sure about a few bathroom design elements and he steered us in the right direction by sharing his thoughts and experience. His knowledge and the way he wanted to work with us made us choose him for our first renovating job.

During the job, any question we had, he was happy to answer and if he didn't know, he was quick to make a phone call and find out. We spoke frequently and was quick to respond to any messages.

He and his team take pride in their work. There was a tile that didn't quite sit properly so Paul called me to let me know that he wasn't happy with it, and that it would be fixed. I noticed the bathtub sealant was cracking so Paul found out why and then fixed it. We were always confident that if there was an issue, Paul would be on top of it.

We're very happy with Paul and his crew. We highly recommend him for his experience and customer service.

Perfect bathroom reno

Thanks to Paul from Mainkon for a excellent bathroom reno. Paul and his team were polite, professional from start to finish. The job done in his estimated timeframe. Paul gave great advice with ideas on how to get the most from our budget and the finished room was fantastic. Everyone that has seen the new room has commented on how excellent it looks and the quality.
I would highly recommend MAINKON to anyone wanting renovation works

5 star bathroom

This job was to renovate my home bathroom - which is also a home office with a few staff. Paul had to deal with my Interior Designer who selected all the finishes and did the floor plans and elevations.
The end result is really a WOW bathroom. There were occasions in the process where Paul offered an alternative design recommendation and also an alternative fixture to save money but equal quality and look.
The job was on budget and on time too! That's not common.
I think he took some photos of the bathroom - so see for yourself if you are thinking of using him.

Exactly what we wanted

This job was for my parents, who are 89 years of age and needed to update a 50 year old bathroom to a disabled shower. Paul Mainkon and his team were truly wonderful to work with. Paul had some great ideas, but took into consideration everything that Mum and Dad wanted, and the work has been very successful, on budget, on time, and everyone in his team have been respectful, helpful, and a pleasure to have in their house. Definitely recommend Paul. Possibly the best thing about Paul and his team, Dad didn't have to look anywhere else for removal of asbestos, or get his own Electrician, painter etc, Paul organised everything. We got 6 different quotes, lots of ideas among them, but the best ideas, some design, some financial, came from Paul Mainkon. We are very happy with the completed work.

Terrible Experience

Stay away from this builder. He is quick to want payment and then refuses to fix any problems. Worst experience i have ever had with a tradesman.

A year after installation and somewhat disappointed

Paul and his team renovated our ensuite and initially we were pleased with the finished result. There were a couple of minor problems but nothing to make a fuss about (2 slightly damaged floor tiles and the invoice given was not updated from initial quote so we paid for a couple of things we didn’t get done). I was also disappointed when the person came to fit the shower screen and it was an adjustable one, not made to measure even though I had asked during the reno and been assured it had been measured up for. Paul and his team were friendly, on time and always respectful. The site was left quite clean on completion. Paul was very easy to deal but didn’t seem to listen well. He was always in a hurry and very busy and although it took a while to get started (from the initial, competitive quote), we were made aware of, and agreed, to this from the outset. Paul gave us some ideas which we hadn't thought of and we appreciated him going the extra mile by picking up all of the materials we had chosen and bringing them to the site. He was on site at some stage during every day of the renovation. We have had some wall tile issues which Paul’s tiler came back to deal with on 2 occasions but unfortunately hasn’t fixed the problem. The grout in the shower is a dirty brown colour (originally white) apparently caused by bleeding from the back of the tiles. It looks awful and at some stage we will get it all redone as ruins the look of the bathroom. These tiles were ones that Paul got for us so I’m not sure if they were seconds. All in all, not a bad experience, you get what you pay for.

Angry man if you question him

[name removed] from Mainkon came into our house to renovate two bathroom and build a cupboard. It took two months for the work to be started after quote. We kept being pushed back but that in itself wasn't too much of an issue. Part of the job was to install shower screens that I had from a supplier, however [name removed] installer could not install one of the shower screens even with the supplier on the phone giving instructions. So now I have to get the supplier in to finish the job. I thought my cupboard quote included the whole cupboard. I was given an additional quote just before the work was due to be completed. [name removed] had been sitting on this quote for 2 months. When I said I was confused as to why there were two quotes I got abused. Was I stupid enough to think that a cupboard could be built for $2,300. What planet do I live on? etc. Late work. Incomplete work. Expensive work. You don't need the hassle. Get someone else.