Makita DUR189M Cordless Grass Trimmer

Makita DUR189M Cordless Grass Trimmer Questions & Answers

MPN: DUR189M
Brand Manager for Makita? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4 questions from our users

Not Happyasked

Mikita DUR 189. I have problems with the cutting line retreating into the housing after only a few metres of cutting. This happens again and again. I am totally frustrated. The Trouble Shooting section in the manual does not address this problem.
Can anyone please help.

John S.

sounds like poor quality line is breaking at the contact point with the reel, you can tell the sound, feel and spin speed all change. If your using the line that came with the unit, then that's the problem. A good quality line should work better.

Not Happy

Thanks for your answer. This could very well be the cause. I will try a different line next time.

christopher p.
christopher p.asked

How to record the whippersnipper

Ash
Ash

The housing has press tabs, so easy to take off and on again - spool sits loosely inside the housing, so it too pops straight out. Instructions state to prepare approx 3meters of chord, then need to self wind into the spool. It proved an easy straight forward process, although instructions weren't fully thorough and I had to guess what one particular notch was for.

John S.

sorry, can't help. I returned it to the store and received a refund as it was sold to me with inferior cutting line.

lawrance
lawranceasked

What is the part number for a replacement bump head?

Bob E
Bob Easked

I have a Makita charger DC 18RA is this ok to charge a 4ah 1840 B battery I already have?

Other Cordless Hedge Trimmers