Manheim

Manheim

Bunch of Crooks!!

If you are expecting to get a good deal at the auction. this is not the place. They have goons going under the name of "Business Development Mangers" who call you even after winning the auction to extort more money out of you. Only use this if you are buying a wreck.

Dodgy Manheim Be careful if you buy from manheim

Bought a car from them. looked like the odometer in it I replaced with a low kms one. when I bid the car it was 3000.and bidding was raising with $100,they said I bid for $3500.But its ok I decided to buy the car.No service history, paints look good, engine room is washed, when they brought the car before cusstomers there was about half tank fuel,when I went to collect key,the car is not starting at all,the guy jump started the car said must be low battery,the fuel light was showing,asked why so less fuel said that's it,on the way luckily near to shell fuel pump car was out of fuel pushed to the pump, filled petrol ,not starting at all pushed to parking area, realised battery is flat, bought another battery, started the car take to amechanic for inspection because I heard a cranking noise of engine, mechanic said has some issues with engine. Called manheim told the problem asked in your website you are saying if you are not happy with car we will buy it back, answered we won't unless you buy from Saturday auction. They auctioneers signal the dealers if any faulty cars comes and the poor normal people buy such cars,.Manheim help the dealers sto sell cars by changing cluster of the car.(A high kms is changed with low kms one).

Store Locationaltona

Worst experience!

On March 20th 2019. I went to the auction to buy a car. Because my mother's car broke down, I need to buy a car for her as soon as possible. I was bidding on a 2006 Lexus is250 on the third line, starting at 5000, I was the only bidder, price was 5250, the staff told me that if I can rise the price to 7000, then should be able to make a deal because the reserve price is 8000. Because I was hurry to buy a car for my mother, I said 7000 dollars is ok. After I said yes the auctioneer told me that 7000 is not ok now, has to be 7500. I was unhappy with them and refused. Then on Coming Saturday, date was March 23rd 2019. I went to super Saturday auction. Was biding for the same Lexus is 250 I was still the only bidder this time. The starting price was 6500 this time, I was biding to 6750. The same auctioneer came over and talked to me. He was very unkind and scornful. He said to me “how much I told you the car can be sold last week?” I said “your colleague said 7000 then he can make a phone call” he said “you lied!” Then I said “you can call your colleague to find out” he ignored me, I said “ last time you said 7500 the car can be sold, and now I am willing to pay 7500” then this auctioneer said “that was last week, this time has to be 8,000.” I was really confused and upset then asked “ why you said 7500 the car can be sold last week?” Then This auctioneer said to me “ you can leave, no one wants you to stay here.” He was so rude, unhelpful and no customer service at all. I was very angry and feel that I have been discriminated and teased. I think he is racist because I’m Asian. Very very bad shopping experience. I was just want buy a car but been treat like a crap, accusing me I was lying, I couldn’t work out why a company want hire people like this, treat customer badly and rude. Not trying negotiate to make a deal but talk down at me, upsetting me. Because my skin color? Disgusting!

Store LocationManheim Altona

very cunning company

not very good picture on the cars they sale, so they can rip you off, Dishonest advertising,and don,t give very good information BE AWARE OF THEY , are very cunning, and will rip you off any time , in my case i was done 2 times :(

Terrible

Brought a 2010 Ducati from the report and pictures they supplied. They supplied the transport company to have it shipped to Melbourne. On arrival the Steering damper had been removed.. approx value.. $500-$800.
Saying.''Manheim will have to decline to compensate you for missing part, as the evidence is not sufficient enough sorry" Photo at auction on the bike.. photos on arrival... missing...!!
" As this vehicle was signed for at the gate (by someone) and taken as is we cannot determine when this missing part actually went missing"
Pack of crap..!!!

WARNING - HAIL CAR SALE SCAM!!!!

Warning - Dishonest advertising on online Hail Car Manheim Auction.
Cars listed as no or min damage (1 and 2 on scale) when they have substantial hail damage. Photos taken in low light so dents and broken glass do not show up.
Beware!! Don't bid without viewing vehicle in person.

Manheims Auctions my understanding as a buyer.

There is both good and bad when buying through Manheim Auctions. I have purchased a number of vehicles from Manheims Auctions over the years and dealing with the auction process you need a little understanding of how it works and be able to handle stress well. You have to have some knowledge of what your bidding on, Manheims is a disposal outlet for Insurance companies, dealers, repo’s and private people etc. These vehicles are going cheaper for a reason. The staff at Manheims will have no knowledge of the prior history of anything they sell nor will they be giving that vehicle the white glove treatment or detailed description you may be after so if you’re wanting a “YouTube Doug Demuro” type graphic description and a full money buy back guarantee then you probably best to stick to a licensed Dealer and pay the extra for this privilege and there are good and bad within Dealers too.
As a bidder/buyer you must have some knowledge and expertise and acceptance of what you’re bidding on, we in most case are determining the value of that vehicle by bidding.
On a positive note some employees within Manheims stood out and are a credit to them, they were exceptional to deal with and very helpful and deserve some credit when it’s due like Kayla in accounts Melb and Ben in Warehouse in Canberra and Dennis on front counter at Woodpark Smithfield in my case they had been helpful and made my purchases less stressful, thank you, I give them the Thumbs up.
The negative, I wish Smithfield didn’t pick up good running vehicles with no WOVR with their fork hoist and then use the spreaders, in my case a vehicle with minor impact as described and documented with photos shown online can become major damage, bent rims, crushed exhaust and extra panel damage.....just a little gripe that’s all.
I will continue to buy from Manheims, the bidding system seems fair and honest and I feel the vehicles I have purchased have been of good value overall in my view.
I hope this review helps others understand.

Rip off

Got screwed bought Nissan navara at auction not once did they say any thing was wrong with motor I live nsw Queensland border I said will fly down pick up the car paid $75 for unreg permit so can drive back north . Got in car motor making noise no chain of responsibility let me drive out airbag light on hand brake not working tyres almost flat pissing down rain no wipers only got back to Hume high way motor explodes locking whole car up going side ways down freeway almost taken out by truck and other cars rang manhiem was told by person named heather that's how it is too bad and I have emailed manhiem no response at all just after your money nothing else .also I have recording of auction process no mention of motor.

Faulty Faulty Faulty. Dont put your family at risk!!!

Purchased a car around 4 months ago from Manheim Altona, Vic from their 'BUY NOW" department. Last week whilst driving car completely shut off whilst travelling between 60-70km an hr putting the lives of my children at risk, advised Manheim State Manager [name removed] of the issue however were very quick to say that they were not willing to acknowledge any part of the issue as the car was 2 weeks out of warranty. Also i found out that the vehicle was sold to me with an open recall on with regards to a potential danger involving LPG system Recall number A17210440, this recall involves a potentially dangerous LPG leak which can potentially cause a fire danger. I have three young children and I would have never in a million years have purchased this vehicle had I known of this recall. I have expressed my frustration towards both of these issues with both State Manger however he was extremely ignorant and stated very arrogantly that he doesn't want to here about these issues and to seek legal action if I have a problem with his answer. Manheim you have put my family at Risk and I will be sure to make your poor quality standards and the fact of selling faulty cars known.

RIP OFF MERCHANTS

We have bought for the last time from this dumping ground. We have been caught out with cars with severe mechanical problems and recently a car that is to far gone to be repaired due to structural problems NOT what we paid for with our $$$$ over $8000 on an unsalable unsafe UNROADWORTHY vehicle sold from a drive through sale. Absolutely sick of their TO BAD attitude.

Over priced

I've been in the auto industry 25 years. To go to auction and auctioneers are starting auction at almost retail as il prices. Anything worth buying has the legs bid out of it and if it's cheap it's probably cheaper as p for a reason. Premiums are a little pricey on cars under $1000. Staff are please and auction is generally ok.

If you want to sell your car here read this:

When you want to sell your car here, take the price they offer you online, divide it by 2 and -$500. That is the price they will actually offer you. Don't waste your time here unless you're desperate. They will give you some scenario of a car that is way 'better' than your car that they recently sold at their auction. They will say that this car is newer, less kms and whateverthehell and it was sold for peanuts therefore your car is worthless.

Poor service

I bought a manual car from Manheim and when i went to receive the car it was auto and found the engine light ON and they would return it or help me to swap it, it’s actually really hard to trust them again.

No work ethic.

Buy a car with grade2 rating. And when I went to pick up engine light was on. 2nd time after successful bidding they refused to give car, as owner don’t wanna sale for that price. They asked to pay 500 more.. staff is rude as they know we don’t have proof of any bidding. Always do record online bidding as they may say you were put on hold by auctioneer.

No ethics.

I used to purchase regularly from Manheim but find now that the industrial equipment such as large ride-on mowers, tractors, etc seem to be mostly defective items. I completely understand that to some degree, there is risk associated with auction purchases, however I don't think it ethically sound when the auctioneer suggests that the equipment is a great buy because it was ex-council and council maintained (I refer specifically to Dale who has used this line of suggestion for years).
I won't ever return which is a shame as I'd spent a great deal of money with them over the years.

Rude useless terrible customer service, only eager to take your money

Bought a car had issues after the sale. The customer service guy is argumentative dismissive and aggressive. Don't buy from these guys as soon as you walk away they don't care one bit if something isn't right. You won't walk away satisfied and the process is not a pleasant one. Go somewhere else!

They stole off my car

Don't ever, ever let your insurance company take your car to Manheim at Smithfield for insurance assessment. They stole items off my car and in the processes they also scratched and damaged my car. They completely denied it, My car was at no other location. The told me they are not responsible for the damage. The laughed at my face, and the young man on the front counter was so ignorant. I've never met people like this. They are very unprofessional and do not care about peoples property.

Terrible Customer service.

I had the worst experience ever dealing with this group. Totally unprofessional, rude, disgraceful group.
Manager [name removed] is the most racist guy I have come across in my whole life. When I expressed my concern with him over the phone, the only thing he said to me was make sure you spell my name correctly and I can hear everyone around him laughing loudly at the back and hanged up the phone on me. I will be writing a formal letter of complaint to the management.
I wound't recommend anyone to do business with them. Stay away from Manheim Melbourne.

Don’t trust Manheim

I bought Mazda cx3 from Manheim. After two week later we discovered that the car had a problem with brake system. ABS brake was leaking and the whole brake system was damaged. None of these issues were listed in the descriptions. Please be careful if you want buy car at Manheim.

Haven’t had any problems

I’ve bought several cars & bikes over the last couple years, and have been happy with the process. Granted, I have only bought salvage vehicles from them. I initially signed up to buy back my stolen scooter, as most insurance companies sell through them. The only issue I had was, one car I bid on was listed as a repairable write-off. It actually turned out to be NOT listed on the WOVR (a win for me!). I’ve picked up a few bargains from there (a Ford Laser I paid $125 for, which passed pit inspection 1st time after minimal work & I just sold for $1500). I got a Merc for $275 which I just got registered, getting ready to sell for a couple grand, and now working on a turbo Volvo that cost $225. It’s more of a hobby for me, I guess, but my missus isn’t too impressed I have 5 cars out the front! I’ve yet to purchase a fixed price car.

I have now bought a licensed car from Manheim. Fees are a lot higher for licenced cars, so you have to allow for that in the price, but I was, and still am, happy with the whole process!