Manheim

Manheim

PeevedMe

PeevedMeWestern District, VIC

Registering is a nightmare

Absolute ridiculous process in order to register to bid - more personal details and verification than opening a bank account! I had to ring customer service and the person I spoke to was very good - however they had all my personal information entered for verification - full licence details. Talk about an opening for identity theft.

Chris Kozy

Chris KozySouth East Queensland, QLD

Misleading scammers, Not an auction of any kind

Absolute garbage, ripoff scam, misleading, do not waste any time on it unless you want to overpay. I've been bidding for some time now, won a couple of cars at good prices and then what happens, every time they call me and say i have to pay more than what i won it at or they cant sell and will relist to look for another sucker. Absurd! If starting price is 3000 and i bid 3250 and win, why would i have to pay 4000? Makes absolute no sense, that's not how auction works, they are running a rip off scheme. There's not a chance of getting a car at a good price, like the ponzi mafia casino, house always wins. Stay away from this garbage! Not to mention cars can not be inspected, driven, nor even the engine started. BIG NO NO will report to ACCC

Store LocationEAGLE farm
Jay

JayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Starting prices are more expensive than buying one from a dealer

Starting price is quite expensive, when a car have been passed on, you are no longer able to enquire about it, every other auction i dealt with you are still able to enquire and put it an offer.
All they care about it their fees not the vendor not the customer.

Richard C.

Richard C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not buy a car from these scam artists!!

Car came severely damaged, had been in an accident and was not told about it at all. I now have to do major repairs in order to get it road worthy.

• +6
Murtaza H.

Murtaza H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY

bought a hail damage car, only 35k kms on the clock and when received the car, it turns out the car has mechanical issue and this was not listed in the website and wasnt told to buyers during the auction. in dispute for two months and finally they said they will give me $1000 refund and thats all although they accepted that it was their fault. Honestly service integrity non existent, these people are shocking absolutely shocking, would never deal with them again ever.

Store LocationCanberra
Arthur S.

Arthur S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not what it use to be

No stars, the current Manheim is a shadow of it glory days. Minimal cars, staff have minimal care and will offer no assistance. They are a corporate business apparently with no regard to the businesses buyer or sellers.. Once again a corporate stance, a company run by accountants with no experience in cars..

I’m not surprised by the low star ratings

nimmy

nimmyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Volkswagon Golf

I bought my first car from Manheim Auctions at the end of 2017, it was a VW Golf which was perfect for a first car. At the end of May 2020 I accidentally crashed my car. The vehicle flipped 3 times before coming to a stop. I jumped out pretty much immediately and was left almost completely unscathed. The entire car looks terribly beat up but I would definitely recommend a VW as I literally was completely unhurt by the accident, the car protected me so so well I was shocked. 10/10 recommend if you are cool with knowing that the airbags may not deploy, as it was in my case.

paulhowrah tasmania

Look hard BEFORE you buy.

Seems to be many complaints, but why no complaints to Con summer Affairs & the Auctioneers & Valuers Association etc? You MUST complain re the fraudulent behavior if you want some action. Auctions are "As seen, as is, with ALL faults, if any" etc. so look VERY carefully before you bid, as some shonks do put their cars thru' auctions. [My purchase was good.]

Store LocationHobart
Daniel

DanielSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dodgy...

Store LocationManheim Brisbane

STAY CLEAR

After finding a car that i liked and wanted to buy, i decided to ring and see if i was able to put a deposit down in which they said no as you need to see the car first. But assured me that they will hold the car an hour prior to my appt, as they are appt only at the moment due to COVID. Heard nothing and drove the hour and a half to get to the appt, got to the appt at 8:55 to be told its been sold over the phone????? So cant take a deposit over the phone, can buy the car over the phone and DID NOT HOLD it for the hour they said to. On arrival they were not helpful and frankly quite rude. Off to another car dealership we go for better service anyway

Lexus330

Lexus330Victoria

Manheim is cheater , stay away as far as possible

Manheim is cheater. i auction for Lexus Rx330. while first the vehicle state that " no assessment " then it's changed to " Air Bag Light ON" after i won auction. the worst thing is they not mention about driver side seat belt is cut off and seat have 4 big knife slashs and oil are leaking everywhere when engine start .Manheim only state air bag light warning. Big cheater. now machenics quote more than $5500 for repair.

Store LocationManheim Altona North
lincoln

lincolnSydney, NSW

Full scam auction stay away

Store Locationmoorebank
onetrack

onetrackPerth, WA

Pathetic attention to website security and personal information security

Store LocationPerth International Airport
Ash

AshAranda 2614, ACT

False Promises. Do yourself a favour and go elsewhere.

After the Jan 2020 hailstorm in Canberra when our existing car was written off we decided to drive to Sydney to buy a used car as there was nothing available in Canberra to suit our budget. We bought a car from Manheim in Feb 2020 and were promised that the second set of keys would be posted to us. This was part of the condition of sale. After numerous phone calls, emails and tracked letters not a single response. I'll now have to get a second set of keys cut at my own expense!
This is a dodgy car dealer you should steer well clear of!

Store LocationMoorebank, NSW

New websites and facebook

Guys I have been trying to access photo's of vehicles and caravans for auctions. You have lost me if it is too difficult i won't be buying from you. Go back to your old website

Pete

PeteCentral, SA

Sale of stolen trailer

Baaaahahahaha!

I've always been disciplined bidding on Mannheim cars because people generally don't sell cars through auction houses unless there is something very seriously wrong with the car. That is basic common sense.

I rarely win, and I am often flabbergasted by the inflated prices that people pay for some of these vehicles. Reading some of these one star reviews had me laughing my butt off at the naivete of some of these chumps!

They need to man up and take some ownership of their mistakes. The fees aren't kept secret, and nobody has a gun to their head forcing them to bid.

Store LocationMelbourne
tony

tonyGippsland, VIC

used truck

I brought a truck from Altona ,when I went to pick it up it had 2 flat tyres ( it was a used truck not new) , the staff was very helpful to get someone to repair , got the permit to drive from them and I was gone , I would buy from them again

Store Locationmanhiem altona
abby

abby

Be careful guys, Manheim used my details on a parking fine.

Manheim staff worker, used my personal details which stored on their computers as I bought many cars from there, they used my details to nominate me for a parking fine somewhere in Broadmeadows with a car I never had, lucky I found out and returned it to them, be careful guys.

Mohaib Irfan

Mohaib IrfanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Junk Cars DONT BUY FROM MANHEIM

So Bought a 2001 peugeot 206 130k driven they say everything looks good with everything working got the car started testing 1 air con not working then break light no working then got to know engine also heats up so ending with buying a junk car.

Not worth IT.