Marley Spoon

Marley Spoon

No longer delivering at the start of the week

We loved Marley Spoon but our delivery day was changed, without notice, from Monday to Wednesday (Permanently).

This does not help meal planning for a household with Mon to Fri full time professionals!!

So unfortunately we are back to, the very inconvenient and wasteful option of, shopping at Coles and Woolworths every week.

Please consider delivering at the start of the week in the future!!!!

Timely DeliveryYes
Hi Mat Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so sorry to hear that you weren't informed of the delivery date change. We would love to find out what went wrong here. If you could please kindly send us an email at contact@marleyspoon.com.au, our customer care team will look into this. Thank you, Marley Spoon

Loving it!

I don’t often review but I blown away with the quality of Marley Spoon, I had tried hello fresh a few years back and was disappointed. I love that you can choose from about 15 different recipes and that the portions are really generous we almost always have leftovers and I’m a 6 foot 5 bloke that can eat! I am working away so it’s perfect that they offer Saturday deliveries so I can share some meals with my partner in the weekend and then take meals away with me too. I have not had a bad meal yet so keep it up guys loving what you do!

Timely DeliveryYes
Thank you so much for leaving us a review! So glad to hear you are loving Marley Spoon. Happy cooking!

Food was terrible

I think I will stick with HelloFresh, menu's and food are much better. I tried the vegetarian option and I have thrown out all three meals after trying them. wont order again.

Timely DeliveryYes
Hi Andrew, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our recipes. We really appreciate your feedback and if you could please kindly send us an email at contact@marleyspoon.com.au with more details, our team would love to hear from you.

Worst service ever.

Delivery meant to be 8am to 6pm. You track your order from the morning. Especially came home to be there for the estimated delivery at 1.30pm. The order didn’t arrive until 11pm when you are asleep. Had to go out and buy dinner for the night. Painful. In three years we thought we would try again but it seems nothing has changed. Don’t waste your energy!

Timely DeliveryNo
Hi there! Thank for taking the time leave us a review. We're so sorry to hear that you've had an unpleasant experience cooking with Marley Spoon. We'd love to chat further if you can please send us an email at contact@marleyspoon.com.au

Makes me a better cook

I live in Figtree NSW and have never had a problem with delivery of my Marley Spoon. I love that you often have little left overs such as miren, or a stock cube or sauce that I can use again to create my favourite recipes. I have loads of recipe books but rarely cook from them. With Marley Spoon I get fresh organic produce and have discovered how easy it is to make some recipes that I can repeat at a later date and do so!

Timely DeliveryYes
Hi Lilly, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review Lilly! So glad to hear you are loving cooking with Marley Spoon. Marley Spoon

Expensive, poor customer service, delivery didn’t arrive

I decided to trial this as they were advertising ALOT and the recipes looked good then after I bought it the same meals in the advertisements were not on offer. I changed it to something I might eat (not might like) and had the order coming before 7am. Got a text at 10pm it would be at my house by 12:30am so I stayed up and it didn’t arrive. The text which lets you track your order wasn’t tracking and customer service wasn’t open. It’s now 1am so I try to sleep expecting the door bell will go. 6am comes still no order. 7am no, 7:15am no. I kept taking the stairs to check outside thinking it might be there then was nearly late for work. Emailed them and called and sat on hold. Requested a call back. No call back. Got text it’s coming again tonight. No way am I dealing with them again so I called and got someone and cancelled and requested a refund and I won’t try again. If companies are going to do mass promotions they should ensure they can deal with the new customers. It looked like way too much cooking anyway.

Hi Jo Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review, we greatly appreciate it and will pass everything you have noted onto the appropriate departments at Marley Spoon. Regarding advertisements and recipes shown, we pride ourselves on having the most choice in recipes for meal-kits in Australia and have 20 new options every week to choose from. This means, we regularly feature new recipes on our ads but cannot guarantee that they will be on the menu for the week that you sign up. If there was something that you fancied, just let us know what recipe it was by sending us a screenshot or more information like a description of the recipe and we can get the digital recipe card to you. Unfortunately, unless it is on the menu that week, we won't be able to send it in a box but we can send you the digital recipe card or you can browse for it on our app, available on Android or iOS at anytime. The delivery slot from 12-7am means that your box can be dropped in a secure location according to the delivery instructions you left and can wait there until you are ready to collect it in the morning. Our boxes come with enough insulation and ice packs to be safe to consume for when you wake up and pack it away in the morning. Our drivers for the night time delivery slot will never ring the doorbell overnight as we do not want to wake our customers. Kind regards, Marley Spoon

Great recipes, but produce quality lacking!

I had been getting Marley Spoon meals delivered for almost 2 years, but have just recently had to cancel my subscription due to an issue with the freshness of their vegetables that had been going on for the last 6 months.
Everything started out great, I love the recipes they have. We had been getting Hello Fresh prior to swapping to Marley Spoon and I found the MS meals are a lot more diverse than HF, which I felt was a bit boring (sort of meat and 2 veg kind of meals). Marley Spoon has a lot of stir fry’s and curries which I love, as well as some really nice salmon dishes and pasta. I personally found their recipes a little more time consuming to cook than HF also, they’re not quite as basic, but still easy enough that anyone could follow the recipes. Even hubby, who had not cooked in the 13 years we’ve been together managed to cook some great meals with the Marley Spoon kits after I had my velcro baby and he was forced into the kitchen!
We had a few road bumps with delivery to start with, where they delivered the box to the same wrong house on two occasions. They did refund us for these though and it got sorted out after the second time. Also have had an item missing from the kits here and there. Other than that it was great for a while, but then I started noticing that the carrots we were getting were rubbery. I finally emailed them when I had one that was literally browning and wrinkled and sent a picture with the complaint. They gave me a $5 refund, which was fine, but it just kept happening. They’d be fine one week and then the next rubbery and wrinkled. I kept emailing them about it and got a couple more $5 credits to the account. But when I looked at my emails and realised it had been 6 months since my first complaint, I cancelled the service. I don’t know if it was a supplier issue, or storage issue their end, as I’m a SAHM my boxes are always straight into the fridge on arrival, but it shouldn’t still be happening after 6 months of them being aware. I’d had a few other items that weren’t the freshest (mostly herbs and cucumbers), but their carrots were literally bordering on rotten and I started buying a bag of carrots each week because I knew I’d just be throwing theirs in the bin! Also, after leaving said bag of carrots in the fridge for 6 weeks one time, they still weren’t as rubbery as the ones Marley Spoon was sending me.

In summary:
Positives -
Great recipes
Easy to cook
Convenient

Negatives -
Produce quality is nowhere near as fresh as their advertising claims!!
Their customer service is lacking, they seem to make token gestures rather than actually fixing problems.

Would I recommend them? I actually would maybe recommend giving them a try, their produce issue could be area based, so if you’re not in Central Coast NSW it’s worth checking out, as they may have a different supplier or something where you are. They usually have deals on your first box too and you can always cancel before the next box comes out, after checking quality of the first one received. In all honesty I would have stayed with them if they lived up to their claims of freshness, or had at least fixed the problem after multiple notifications of the issue.

Timely DeliveryYes
Hi there! Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to not only let us know what you thought about the recipes but also the produce too. Our team would love to chat to you further and see what we can do to rectify this as we do have a big focus on providing top quality, Australian grown ingredients. If you could please PM us your account email or send us an email at contact@marleyspoon.com.au we'd really appreciate it. Thank you!Hi there, I sent a PM 3 weeks ago now but have yet to hear anything back.

Discount rip off

A salesperson knocked on my door promoting Marley Spoon and I signed up with the promise of a special deal of 4 x $20 discounts. I wasn't able to order the 4 weeks standing on the porch in the extreme heat (42 degrees) so ordered for the first week and would follow up later to book in the remaining three orders. When I tried to do this the discount code did not work and I was told by customer service that I had to book the 4 orders at the same time to get the discount and that no other discount codes would be provided to me. I was never told this at the time I signed up. The salesperson was helping me on my phone as I'm not that tech savvy too. The salesperson made me sign "a contract" as he called it and even though I have a written and signed "contract" by him as Marley Spoon's representative it seems worthless. I wish I was a lawyer to test this!! If something sounds too good to be true it usually is. We got our first order and it was a bit ordinary. The garlic clove was the size of a peanut and unusable and one ingredient was missing.

Timely DeliveryYes
Hi Tee Bee, Thank you for taking the time to leave Marley Spoon a review. We're really sorry to hear that you've had an unpleasant experience with our sales team and we have passed this onto our marketing team to look into. Regarding the small garlic clove and an ingredient missing, we'd love to hear more. Please send us an email at contact@marleyspoon.com.au Thank you Marley Spoon

Buyer beware - you may not get your food.

Marley Spoon left my box in a spot clearly visible to the entire street, instead of the enclosed alcove 2 feet to the left of it as requested in my order. The alcove is behind a small wall and is not visible to the street, which is why I specified it in my order. The box was, of course, stolen instantly. So unless so have a gate / private property, Marley Spoon is not for you - the drivers will leave your box wherever they like despite your instructions and theft is highly likely.

Timely DeliveryNo
Hi Alex, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so sorry to hear that your box was taken and delivery instructions weren't followed. We'd love to talk further if you could please kindly send us an email to contact@marleyspoon.com.au, we'd really appreciate it. Marley Spoon

Love it!

Love this service! We used to use Hello Fresh (which is another good service), but we prefer Marley Spoon over it. Just better meals and more generous servings we think. Food is always fresh, and meals are easy to cook. Saves having to worry about what to eat when you get home from work. Highly recommended.

Timely DeliveryYes
Hi Angus, Thanks so much for your glowing review. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know you're loving Marley Spoon. Happy cooking!

Delivered to wrong house

Our box was delivered to the wrong house, it could not be replaced with another box, just a refund was offered.

Well done guys at Marley Spoon

Timely delivery, the ingredients were fresh. Marley spoon made cooking fun. I never was so excited about cooking dinner before this. Great service, however, slightly on the expensive side. That is the only reason I won't continue with it.

Timely DeliveryYes
Hi Sandy! Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know you loved cooking with Marley Spoon.

Unwanted Delivery

I thought I had cancelled my subscription as I was going away. Whilst away I get a notice of a delivery.
Waste of food and money as no one there to eat this.
Very unhappy and wont use service again

Timely DeliveryNo

fun to cook, taste great, better than takeaways and reduce waste

the food tastes great if you seriously follow their instructions, however, the portion might not be enough for some bigge eater but overall healthy food and more importantly no leftover results in less waste :)

What a waste of food! Lead in time to delivery is too long to change or cancel

I was overseas and thought I cancelled through the 3 months but something went wrong with the app and so deliveries just turned up anyway.
I think there is an issue with an app that just processes orders even when no one is “ confirming” or updating or“swapping” orders....they just keep sending out the basic order regardless and don’t care if it is wanted or not.
What a waste of food!!

Hi Darlene We're so sorry to hear this. Please reach out to our team at contact@marleyspoon.com.au so our customer care team can assist you.

Just Meh

Had a 3 week run with Marley Spoon after receiving as a gift. Delivery was late one week which would have been very inconvenient but just by chance i was working from home that morning due to an NBN appointment. Packaging good, as was the convenience, but the food was just "meh". I think if you were moving from a "packaged foods" household and this was your first experience with cooking, it would be a good first step. Personally found helloFresh much better and flavoursome. I wish them good luck in the future but i wouldn't go back again

Hi Michael, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so sorry to hear that your delivery was late, this is certainly not up to our standards. We'd love to chat further, if you could please send us an email with more information and feedback at contact@marleyspoon.com.au

Essential in the Modern World

With everyone in our family including older children all working full time, coming home from work avoiding a trip to the shops to get a couple of ingredients necessary to make dinner it makes life easier. Plenty of variety and involves the hassle of having to make decisions daily on what to have for dinner. Highly recommend

Delivery problems, boring food, complicated instructions

Unfortunately had to cancel because the delivery drivers wouldn’t follow instructions to leave box out the back not in the front which is a shop. Food wasn’t amazing, and instructions were challenging and I am a highly literate reader and experienced cook. I’m sure better companies will emerge and give these guys some competition.

HI LJS, Thank you for your review! We're so sorry to hear that you have an unpleasant experience cooking with us. Our delivery drivers don't deliver to the back of properties at night and our team is working to solve this issue and make it more clear on our website during the checkout process and FAQ's. We will pass on your feedback regarding our recipes to our chefs in the meantime. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback. Marley Spoon

Customer service? What customer service.

Being a long term customer of marley spoon, I was quite happy with the recipes and ingredients but did notice that the quality of the recipes went down hill over time.

Recently for the first time I had something missing from my box, small but important, the recipe card.

I choose marley spoon rather than a cheaper alternative partially due to these cards.
So thinking this is a quick fix I email the next day requesting the card to be mailed.
No reply.
As of five minutes before posting this I sent my third email as I am unable to call their call centre as I work in surgery the hours they open.
It is looking pretty unlikely that I'll continue to be a customer of marley spoon at the rate this is going.

Hi AJP, Thank you so much for your review and we're very sorry to hear that you had a missing recipe card in your box and have also felt that the quality of our recipes have gone down hill overtime. We'd love to reach out to you, if you could please send us a direct message on here with your account email, we'd love to jump on this right away. In the meantime, if you are looking to cook this recipe this week, you can search for the recipe in our app - available on Android and iOS. We're so sorry for this hassle and we hope to fix this with you soon. Best, Marley Spoon

Very ordinary vegetarian recipes

Tried Marley Spoon this week after being impressed with Hello Fresh. Ordered the vegetarian box which was delivered on time. Cooking was easy but found the recipes a little too simple (ie. Pre made pesto with vegetables to stir through, pre cooked rice), but could have lived with that. The issue was the complete lack of flavour and in some cases, just not very nice food. With two of the recipes, we discarded the leftovers which never normally happens at our house. Really wanted to like this, but won't be trying again.

Hey Lilian, Thank you for your review. We're really sorry to hear that you've had an unpleasant experience cooking with Marley Spoon and didn't enjoy the flavour of our recipes. We will be sure to pass your feedback onto our culinary team. Marley Spoon