Marley Spoon

Marley Spoon

Horrible and not as fresh as HelloFresh

All their recipes taste horrible and are over complicated to cook ie on recipe required that I make my own sour cream when I already had some in the fridge, stupid. The portion sizes were also very small and under average will never use again.

Timely DeliveryYes
Hi Rachel, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so sorry to hear that you found our recipes complicated to cook and we will certainly pass this feedback onto our Culinary team! All nutritional information can be found on both the recipe card and/or website and includes the calorie count and macronutrient profile (per serve/portion), as well as any allergens found within the dish. As our customers and their dietary requirements are each unique, our portion sizes are largely based on the average set out in the Australian Guide to Healthy Eating. You do however have the ability to customise your meals as you wish at home, adding more or less of something or substituting an ingredient. We will pass your feedback onto our teams and we're very sorry that you didn't enjoy cooking with Marley Spoon. If you would like to leave us more feedback, please don't hesitate to send us a note at contact@marleyspoon.com.au or call us on (02) 6145 2910. Best, Marley Spoon

Worst Food and Service ever.

Signed up at a mall for a one off.
Not impressed with recipes, they are fanciful but don't taste nice and the meal took more than 30 mins to prepare.
But as I thought it was only a one off did not consider it a problem until I saw another payment taken from my account.
Called to question why and was told that I had signed up for weekly deliveries!!!
I then tried to cancel but was unable to. Seems you need to cancel a week in advance according to one of their employees called Jack.
Then I asked if I could at least choose the dishes, as one of the dishes was something I don't ever eat - he said it w too late - this was 3 days before the scheduled delivery.
I did not find them very helpful and asked that my account be cancelled.
I sincerely hope never to hear from them again.
It's deceitful to tell people it's a one off trial and then take advantage,

Hi Katherine, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We have passed your details along with your review onto our marketing and customer care team to action with our kiosk sales representatives that present Marley Spoon in malls. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts on our service. Kind regards, Marley Spoon

Not recommended

Really disappointed, I thought just want to try only but they keep on deduct money from my account and sending the stuff , even I already pause and still sending the boxes, I didn’t ever select the menu as well. Why you forcing someone to try your foods? I didn’t like your foods also. Is like scam if you still doing like this. Stop send your stuff

Timely DeliveryYes
Hi Harchana, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so sorry to hear you haven't enjoyed cooking with Marley Spoon lately. We are a subscription service, so we do require notice if you would like to skip or cancel your orders. You can easily cancel in your account area under "My settings". Please note that you will have to cancel your subscription 6 days before your next delivery (for VIC, NSW and ACT orders) and 7 days before your next delivery (for NT, SA and QLD orders) due to production timelines. If you would like to chat further, we would absolutely love to hear from you. Just send us an email contact@marleyspoon.com.au or call us on (02) 6145 2910. Regards, Marley Spoon

Horrible service

Horrible service. Even after cancelling a box they left it on the doorstep in 34 degree heat. Customer service were useless. They promised the box would be delivered to a person and not left on the doorstep and yet they dumped it there anyway. I do not recommend their service.

Timely DeliveryNo
Hi Kylie, Thank you for leaving Marley Spoon a review. We'd love to find out what went wrong here and how we can resolve this, if you could please kindly call us on (02) 6145 2910 or email contact@marleyspoon.com.au we would love to hear from you.

Just terrible

Your ingredients honestly were not fresh and were missing items. I called customer support and the person I talked to was not very helpful and just said ‘I’ll give you credit on your account’ but I did not receive and email confirming this or telling me how to access this. I do not want to waste my money on your product when HelloFresh was so much better; when the person who signed me up *convinced* me that Marley spoon is better than hello fresh. Waste of time and money and the food was not tasty and just seemed completely thrown together and silly. Sorry but will not purchase again.

Timely DeliveryYes
Hi Yab, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience cooking with Marley Spoon, this is certainly not up to our standards. We would love to chat further, if you could please give us a call on (02) 6145 2910 or email contact@marleyspoon.com.au, we would love to hear from you!

Love Marley Spoon

You have saved us money, time and wastage.
You have inspired us to to cook again.
Local sourced produce.
I love choosing the meals
I get excited when our delivery arrives, always on time.
Julie

Timely DeliveryYes
Thank you Julie for your lovely review! So glad you're enjoying Marley Spoon.

Haven’t had a tasty meal

Me and my girlfriend have tried this for 3 weeks the 3rd week it just turned up and we were charged for when we didn’t order as we have not enjoyed a single meal. We have tried other organisations they are a few dollars more but every meal is 9/10 (hello fresh ). Would not recommend unless they hired actual chefs to design meals

Timely DeliveryYes
Hi Brad, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so sorry to hear you haven't enjoyed cooking with Marley Spoon lately. We are a subscription service, so we do require notice if you would like to skip or cancel your orders. You can easily cancel in your account area under "My settings". Please note that you will have to cancel your subscription 6 days before your next delivery (for VIC, NSW and ACT orders) and 7 days before your next delivery (for NT, SA and QLD orders) due to production timelines. In regards to our recipes, we do have an in-house team of chefs and nutritionists who come with years of experience cooking for magazines, TV shows and their own cookbooks. We will pass your feedback onto our culinary team regarding the recipes. If you would like to chat further, we would absolutely love to hear from you. Just send us an email contact@marleyspoon.com.au or call us on (02) 6145 2910. Regards, Marley Spoon

Money debited from my account

Despite me not ordering any choice of food from the website , a box was sent to my place when I was away and $70 were debited from my account without me authorising that. My account was paused but I came to know when I got the text mesg saying about the delivery.
No one looked after my query, I wasn’t expecting this for a company like Marley spoon especially when I was away for 2 weeks

Timely DeliveryNo
Hi Garima, We're very sorry to hear that you've had an unpleasant experience cooking with Marley Spoon. We'd love to chat further and find out why your account was resumed without your authorisation. Please send us an email contact@marleyspoon.com.au or call (02) 6145 2910. Thank you, Marley Spoon

Healthy and convenient

After 20 years of planning and cooking for a family, I’m now an empty-nester.
Having food and recipe inspiration delivered to my doorstep each week takes the drag out of having to think about what to eat. Also a bonus when leading a busy life.
My partner and I have loved all the meals so far. Good vegetarian options.
Pricing is alright too I reckon.

Timely DeliveryYes
Hi @Helmunga, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a lovely review! We're so glad to hear you're loving cooking with Marley Spoon and that we're making dinnertime easier :) Happy cooking, Marley Spoon

Great for Shift workers

Marley spoon has more options for Vegetarians than Hellofresh which is great for me.

The means are always on time, fresh and somewhat healthy (I can often alter the recipes).

But for someone who is either just starting to learn to cook or doesn't have a lot of time to think about what to cook or the time to go shopping this is a great option.

It is a little more expensive then just buying from food markets or supermarkets but you can paying someone to think for you.

All in all a good product.

Timely DeliveryYes
Hi Victoria, Thank you so much for your glowing review! We're thrilled you are enjoying cooking with Marley Spoon and you're trying lots of delicious, healthy, vegetarian meals. We'll be sure to pass on your valuable feedback to our team. Thanks again! Happy cooking, Marley SpoonYes more healthy veggie meals would be amazing

Disappointed

I reactivated my account and Whilst browsing through the menu it automatically charged me $84 not even sure how this happened anyways cut a long story short I paid this amount for two meals which I normally pay out on a dinner not impressed

Timely DeliveryYes
Hi Adriana Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We would love to chat further with you, please send us an email at contact@marleyspoon.com.au or call (02) 6145 2910 during business hours. Thanks in advance, Marley Spoon

The food was mostly good

Only recently started with Marley Spoon. The food was generally good except for the last order when one of our meals was not so great. The vegetables were limp and dead. We also had problems with the delivery of our box. We live in an apartment block and sometimes the driver managed to get the order to our front door and other times he did not - we had to go searching for it. It was left at the front of our apartment block near the letter boxes - not ideal! Customer services also seems to be slightly lacking, pretty well non-responsive to emails. It's a shame, as the concept is good and I loved the variety of the recipes and not having to think about what to cook for dinner and buy it. Lift your game Marley Spoon and I may come back :)

Timely DeliveryYes
Hi DandD, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so sorry to hear that you've had an unpleasant experience cooking with Marley Spoon. We'd love to find out what went wrong with your deliveries on our end and get back to you with a solution so that we can have you back in the kitchen cooking delicious dinners with Marley Spoon soon! Please send us a note at contact@marleyspoon.com.au with more details and your account email. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Marley Spoon

Annoying staff wont take no for an answer

I was shopping at small suburban shopping centre in Sydney. A Marley Spoon team was set up in a portable kiosk in the centre. They asked me three separate times to speak with them, even though I made it clear I was not interested. Last time I passed the table one of the men tried to get my attention, and when I said no, he waited until I’d walked about 10 metres away, and called me a crap. Not loudly, but I certainly heard him.
Unprofessional response to a person saying no. Perhaps they could do with some staff retraining.

Hi @Lavendercat, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so sorry to hear that you've had an unpleasant experience with our kiosk team. This is unacceptable on our end and we'd love to chat further to find out what shopping centre it was so we can investigate with our team. If you could please kindly send us an email at contact@marleyspoon.com.au or give us a call on (02) 6145 2910.

Waste of money and such a scam

Ordered 1 box to try out, paid 20 and got exactly what it’s worth. Didn’t want to pay 55 for such quantity and quality so skipped all upcoming weeks showing on their webpage, thought that’s it. But no, they just take 55 from your account directly without letting you know what’s coming. Called them to say I don’t want the box, customer service replied in a mocking tongue “nothing I can do now”. Such a fraud and scamming company. Never want to order again and will tell my friends never to. And yes I have ordered from lite n easy and Youfoodz before, sometimes their food doesn’t taste perfect, but at least they are honest and you have a chance to decide

Timely DeliveryNo
Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so sorry to hear that you've had an unpleasant experience cooking with us. We are a subscription service, so we do require customers to skip or cancel with 6 or 7 days notice (depending on your location) if you do not want to receive a box. If you would like to chat further, please don't hesitate to contact us at contact@marleyspoon.com.au and our team would love to hear from you!

Shocking soggy packaging

For the past 3 weeks in a row the box has been severely damaged and soaking wet. To the point the box has caved in and falls apart when touched. The inside is wringing wet and all packaging dripping wet. I then have to wash everything and dry it before placing in fridge.

I haven’t been able to put the brown bags straight in the fridge. Even inside the bags is soaked. It took me half an hour this morning to get everything to a stage I could place it in the fridge.

This was meant to make my life easier but instead takes more time. I’m bitterly disappointed.

First time this happened I contacted customer service and it took several days for a reply. $30 credit was applied to my account. That occasion a sheet had been left in my box stating I was to get a free tea towel - it was missing and never replaced. I’ve had about 7 or 8 orders now and only 2 free gifts - spoon and folder.

At $145 a week it is pricey and I expect better quality re the box and packaging. Not soggy, drenched, wringing wet and broken.

One of my brown bags was conpletely open and unsealed today. I’ve also had to take produce out and place in my own bags because the brown bags soaked through.

Recipe cards have been saturated 2 wks in a row now. I’ve had to leave on the side to dry all day in order to make them usable.

Photos will be attached of this delivery. I also have video, which shows full extent of damage and inconvenience.

Things weren’t just soaked with water either. It was slime on all 3 deliveries this has occurred. Slime. Like meat slime. Which is why I’ve had to rinse everything. My tea towel ends up soaked, as does my kitchen side. A huge mess to clean up and such a time waster.

I will say too that I have been up when delivery has occurred around 5am. So it isn’t as if the box has been sitting outside for hours. It gets delivered and I bring it in straight away.

I don’t know that I’ll continue ordering due to the past 3 wks of shocking deliveries. Which is a shame given the meal portions are great, as is the taste and quality of the meals.

Terribly, terribly upset.

Timely DeliveryYes
Hi Amandeez, We're so sorry to hear that you have had an unpleasant experience cooking with Marley Spoon, this is certainly not up to our standards! We'd love to chat further, if you could please provide us with your account email we would like to hear more about your experience, as well as pass on feedback to the relevant departments so we can improve on our service. Kind regards, Marley SpoonI believe I have given more than enough of a description of my experience and have been in touch with your team via email. Regina gave me a less than favourable response and I felt completely dismissed. I have since replied to her, so please see that for more information. While it may potentially assist future deliveries, ‘improving on service’ and passing on ‘feedback’ to ‘relevant departments’ doesn’t help my 3 weeks of poor quality service, packing and presentation. Not to mention the inconvenience and time wasting it caused me.Just to add to this, 2 x batches of chicken from this delivery were off. I opened a pack on the 4th (use by date 6th) and it was putrid. I then opened the other pack (meant for a different meal) and it too was off. The smell was horrendous. I contacted Marley Spoon that day (the 4th) but am yet to receive a reply. I have no idea if the off chicken was due to the poor packaging of my entire delivery or not. Or whether it had been left out of a fridge prior to reaching me. All I know is that the meat from 2 out of 4 meals last week couldn’t be used.

Did not warn before next order

I tried marley spoon out for a week and the meals were alright, nothing amazing so I had postponed up to 3 weeks of meals and completely forgotten about it. I wasn't aware that you needed to cancel the subscription entirely so that was my bad. I got no email, nothing at all asking if I wanted to adjust my next meal plan, instead I got a text message saying that my box was on its way?!? I was so shocked, so I immediately went online to deactivate my account. Not even worth the money at this point and they said the order had already been processed so nothing could be done about it. Would not recommend at all.

It just rip-off your pocket

The web did not say that it will charge your card in perpetuity (until you cancel it).

I only paid for the first week and by the time I even have a chance to cook my first dish,
I was charged for second week without being able to get a refund (it was 6 days before the delivery date).

I would not recommend this service to anyone.

Timely DeliveryYes
Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are a subscription service, which means that the boxes roll over unless you edit, skip or cancel your subscription. You can easily do so in your account area under "My settings". Please note that you will have to cancel your subscription 6 days before your next delivery (for VIC, NSW and ACT orders) and 7 days before your next delivery (for NT, SA and QLD orders) due to production timelines. We hope this helps clarify any questions and if you would like to chat further regarding your editing your account 6 days prior, we'd love to hear from you! Just contact us at contact@marleyspoon.com.au Best, Marley SpoonWell, I was charged $20 for the first delivery. But when I made I payment I WAS NOT INFORMED that the charge will be recurring every week. Nor will I be charged normal price of $55 per week starting from the second week. If you;d like to do so, please make sure you state that clearly rather than relying on cheap fine prints technique to deceive your customers. The worst thing is you would not want to provide a return, 6 days before the delivery date (it usually delivers on Wed morning, while I cancelled it Thursday the previous week). Most other companies I have been dealing with in Australia, would gladly provide a refund caused by confusion over the fine prints (remember you never quote the price as $55/WEEK in the payment window). So, you are basically just want to steal people's money over the fine print.Hi there, We sincerely apologise for any confusion here. In the sign up process, during the payment stage we reference the terms and conditions. Please note by clicking "Place order & choose meals" you are accepting our Terms and Conditions and are entering into a flexible subscription for weekly Meal Kit deliveries that can be paused or cancelled any time within the following windows prior to your chosen delivery date; 6 days notice for VIC, NSW and ACT, and 7 days notice for QLD, SA, and NT. If you would like to chat further, we'd love to hear from you. Please send us an email at contact@marleyspoon.com.au or call us on (02) 6145 2910. Kind regards, Marley Spoon

Quality ingredients and menus

My son often says you can't beat these meals at restaurants. He even cooks occasionally with good results. When I have rarely had a problem it's been fixed by staff.

Timely DeliveryYes
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review Terry! So glad to hear that you are loving Marley Spoon.

No longer delivering at the start of the week

We loved Marley Spoon but our delivery day was changed, without notice, from Monday to Wednesday (Permanently).

This does not help meal planning for a household with Mon to Fri full time professionals!!

So unfortunately we are back to, the very inconvenient and wasteful option of, shopping at Coles and Woolworths every week.

Please consider delivering at the start of the week in the future!!!!

Timely DeliveryYes
Hi Mat Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so sorry to hear that you weren't informed of the delivery date change. We would love to find out what went wrong here. If you could please kindly send us an email at contact@marleyspoon.com.au, our customer care team will look into this. Thank you, Marley Spoon

Loving it!

I don’t often review but I blown away with the quality of Marley Spoon, I had tried hello fresh a few years back and was disappointed. I love that you can choose from about 15 different recipes and that the portions are really generous we almost always have leftovers and I’m a 6 foot 5 bloke that can eat! I am working away so it’s perfect that they offer Saturday deliveries so I can share some meals with my partner in the weekend and then take meals away with me too. I have not had a bad meal yet so keep it up guys loving what you do!

Timely DeliveryYes
Thank you so much for leaving us a review! So glad to hear you are loving Marley Spoon. Happy cooking!