Masport Bunnings 470 2'n1

Masport Bunnings 470 2'n1

MPN: 578760

See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

ZaneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect little beast for half the price of others

I brought mine from Bunnings almost a year ago now. It is so easy to manoeuvre, it’s light, it starts first try no matter what and stands up to anything thrown its way. Perfect sized catcher with larger sized wheels for rough or uneven grass areas. Couldn’t complain in any way. 5 stars for me

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $475.00.

Safety
Product is used: Weekly

Karen S.

Karen S.

Great lawn mower for females

Bought this model from Bunnings. It caught my eye straight away. The shop assistant was excellent; answered all quires. Easy to assemble, easy to use. Light weight. Great to use on buffalo grass and easy to push up hills. Catcher is large and easy to remove. I recommend it to female gardeners and older people that do not have the strength of a 20 year old body builder.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Safety
Product is used: Weekly

Myreview

MyreviewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good for the $$$$

I purchased this mower from Bunnings 5 years ago 22/06/14 for $400 and it only just gave up the game today 28/06/19 half way through a mow.
Service wise, I never did anything to it other than 1 or 2 oil top-ups, 1 set of blades and a quick air filter clean. It was perfect for regular residential use on an average block. It seemed to have decent power as well and would handle the job even when I let the lawn get a little longer than desired.
Needless to say, I walked out of Bunnings today with the same mower again for $450.
If the new one lasts me another 5+ years and gives me no grief, I’ll be happy! I can only go off the experience I had from the last one. At the end of the day, what do you expect for a $400+ budget mower.

Purchased in June 2014 at Bunnings Warehouse for $400.00.

Toolmaker

ToolmakerSydney

Snapped Drive shaft

Same problem, drive shaft snapped while using on small back lawn, looks to be rubbish steel as the beak shows large grain structurw. Good quality steel does not snap leaving large grains visible. What can be done to repair or replace the drive shaft, is there a recall of faulty ones?

Date PurchasedMar 2013

RobnRob

RobnRobMelbourne

Read the warranty carefully...

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Masportcrap

Masportcrap

Not the best

Date PurchasedNov 2017

OK but some design issues

This is a lightweight mower. Fair enough then that power is modest but a few design features make it unnecessarily 'heavy' to use. The wheel base is too long (I think the transition to the catcher is awkward - might be to do with what's necessary for mulching). The handle is at a relatively low angle and the mower seems to have more mechanical advantage than the pusher would prefer. That makes mowing hard on the lower back which is not a good thing at my age. I have not had my mower for long and the other things I find odd might go away with familiarity. I hope so.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Bob A

Bob AMelbourne

Broken Drive Shaft

I've had the Masport for about four years and have been very happy with it. Today the drive shaft broke. The machine wasn't cutting. I'd just started it after changing the oil. Coincidentally two days ago I saw one advertised on EBay that had done exactly the same in the same spot. The shaft looks to be cast iron rather than steel but I may be wrong.
Unfortunately it did everything I asked of it. Started easily, cut well and also mulched. Of course it is out of guarantee so I'll just forget about it.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Kitten

KittenHunter Region, NSW

Absolutely love my Masport

Starts first go (which is a bonus for me as with my previous one I was exhausted by the time it started) the mulching attachment is wonderful for when you just want to give it a quick run over. We were so impressed my Mother ended up buying one for herself after hearing how happy we were. Wonderful warranty.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Slazmo

SlazmoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Strong mower

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Dan

DanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great lawnmower

This mower cuts beautifully, love using the mulching function and it works so well that you can’t even see the clippings on the lawn. The large wheels and light weight make it easy to use so much so that my wife has taken a liking to using it. It starts very easily and the oil changes are simple.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

JT1

JT1Sydney, NSW

Good mower but lacks power and does cut perfectly

The Masport mower is good quality but it does lack in power, I used someone else's who was a cheap Aldi mower and it was almost twice as powerful as mine, I usually have to make 2 passes with this mower as it leaves strands of grass behind (doesn't cut perfectly)

Date PurchasedOct 2016

George G

George GAU

reliable mower

I bought the Masport 470 2n1 in Bunnings Warehouse. It is a very reliable mower, easy to start, easy to be pushed around the lawn. it is a 4-stroke so you don't have to mix petrol with oil, also quieter than a 2-stroke mower. The only problem I had with it was that once I tilted it too much when cleaning it and some lubricant oil leaked out from the engine. But it did not cause any damage,still works perfectly.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Linda

Linda

Hard to start

Brought lawn mower from bunnings, found it really hard to start and it wasn't long before the lead that you have to move to put in start, soon got loose and end up having to do it manually. The wheels wear out really quick too. Not meant to last like the ones made in the 70s80s ect

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Shelley

ShelleyMelbourne

Mid Range Model

Cutting is clean and even with easily adjustable height setting
Middle of the road for maneuvering, handle nuts need to be checked often as they come loose easily
Mower can take quite a few pull cords starts for motor to kick in especially in winter
It is easy to check and top up oil

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Sachin

SachinVIC, 3150

Good Machine

We bought this Mower almost 15 months ago from Bunnings, was looking a bit overpriced for 425 AUD because Victa was coming cheaper, but the sales guy there convinced us by one statement that you would be blessing me few years down the line.

And he was so true, even in harsh winters, starts like a charm, does the work and go back to shed, simple and powerful Engine.

Must buy

Nope

Nope

its a lawn mover

cuts the grass like you would expect from a product that is purchased to cut the grass. assembly form the box is easy and operation is easy.
mulching function is great and provides an alternative to the catcher.
easy start and has an excellent mowing width to speed up mowing

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Robert P

Robert P

New mower that I like so far

Starts shortly, within two pulls. Four stroke good.
Folding handle is fantastic to store the mower in a small space as the handle stands vertically.
The chute for mincing the sticks is great as the odd twig that comes along.
Love the black and red colour.
Easy to pour in petrol and oil caps located on the top.
Choice of mulch, catcher and side push out.
Good now while it’s new, and hope it continues.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Rod R

Rod RCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Almost Perfect

Great mower, follow the recommended starting procedures and it will start 1st pull, I've had mine for almost 2 years and it still starts 1st pull. Cuts great, ideal cutting height adjustments, light and easy to manoeuvre. I change the oil, spark plug & blades yearly and only use pulp 95 in all my garden tools. Mechanically has never missed a beat and I use it often.
The only issue I have, is the catcher keeps falling off whilst mowing, very annoying.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Masport Magic - 470 Lawn Mower

After lengthy research I decided to go with the Masport 470 Lawn Mower from Bunnings. The 470 ticked all the boxes: 4 blade, 4 Stroke, large catcher that wasn’t material but plastic and seemed simple to operate. To my satisfaction the Mower didn’t take too long to prep before first use. A bit of oil, fuel, snap the catcher together and I was ready to get started. First pull did the trick and the 18inch base made cutting the yard quick and easy. Best thing was that I could cut my entire back yard with only having to empty the catcher once (usually 3x being the norm). Highly recommend thus far...fingers crossed my good fortune with this continues for many years!

Date PurchasedJan 2018