Masport Bunnings 470 2'n1

Masport Bunnings 470 2'n1

MPN: 578760

Push Mowers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of push mower would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Product is used
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency
George C

George CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Started first go out of the box

Purchased from bunnings for $399, the mower started first go out of the box. Light and easy to manoevre, it had no problems mowing a block of 700m2, of long wet grass. The catcher is just a little on the small side, needed to empty quite often.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Great Mower

I have a professional garden maintenance business. My usual mower broke down during a very busy period on a Sunday. I needed a mower urgently and bought this one, expecting it to just get me out of a bind. I've had it for 4weeks now. Better than my professional mower and it has done the equivalent of 5 years domestic work and hasn't skipped a beat. Pleasantly surprised. Oil still looks new and hasn't burnt any. Fuel economy good too. It's great value, in my opinion.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Product is used Daily
Flyguy

Flyguy

Race car of mowers

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Scorsby for $400.00.

Mick65

Mick65South East Queensland, QLD

Not worth the money

Used this mower 3 times since buying it.
#1 it can not handle very long grass at all, engine can not handle it and tends to die in the butt and bogs down.
#2 the first time I started it the engine started second pull the second time it took up to 4 pulls, the last time it never wanted to start at all and when it did it chugged and chugged and chugged for at least a minute before picking up revs, and if you stop it temporarily for any reason there is a good chance it won’t start again and tends to backfire every time you stop it.
Mine now won’t start at all after a 5 minute shut down.
Worst purchase I have made to date when it comes to lawn mowers.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $500.00.

Anthony

AnthonyDarwin, NT

Poorly assembled does not last

Had mower 6 months will no longer start. Has been serviced carby cleaned. I have looked after this mower and should not be having trouble with such a new machine. Will never buy a Masport or Bunnings mower again.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $450.00.

Dave

DaveIllawarra, NSW

Excellent mower for money

Purchased in November 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $460.00.

Peter

PeterSydney, NSW

Base dislodged when mowing. Just missed my legs

Base plate came off whilst mowing. Not happy as it could have resulted in a serious injury. I had a Victor for 20 years without problems. This Masport is only about 2-3 years old.

Purchased in November 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $400.00.

Zane

ZaneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect little beast for half the price of others

I brought mine from Bunnings almost a year ago now. It is so easy to manoeuvre, it’s light, it starts first try no matter what and stands up to anything thrown its way. Perfect sized catcher with larger sized wheels for rough or uneven grass areas. Couldn’t complain in any way. 5 stars for me

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $475.00.

Karen S.

Karen S.

Great lawn mower for females

Bought this model from Bunnings. It caught my eye straight away. The shop assistant was excellent; answered all quires. Easy to assemble, easy to use. Light weight. Great to use on buffalo grass and easy to push up hills. Catcher is large and easy to remove. I recommend it to female gardeners and older people that do not have the strength of a 20 year old body builder.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Myreview

MyreviewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good for the $$$$

I purchased this mower from Bunnings 5 years ago 22/06/14 for $400 and it only just gave up the game today 28/06/19 half way through a mow.
Service wise, I never did anything to it other than 1 or 2 oil top-ups, 1 set of blades and a quick air filter clean. It was perfect for regular residential use on an average block. It seemed to have decent power as well and would handle the job even when I let the lawn get a little longer than desired.
Needless to say, I walked out of Bunnings today with the same mower again for $450.
If the new one lasts me another 5+ years and gives me no grief, I’ll be happy! I can only go off the experience I had from the last one. At the end of the day, what do you expect for a $400+ budget mower.

Purchased in June 2014 at Bunnings Warehouse for $400.00.

Toolmaker

ToolmakerSydney

Snapped Drive shaft

Same problem, drive shaft snapped while using on small back lawn, looks to be rubbish steel as the beak shows large grain structurw. Good quality steel does not snap leaving large grains visible. What can be done to repair or replace the drive shaft, is there a recall of faulty ones?

Date PurchasedMar 2013
RobnRob

RobnRobMelbourne

Read the warranty carefully...

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Masportcrap

Masportcrap

Not the best

Date PurchasedNov 2017

OK but some design issues

This is a lightweight mower. Fair enough then that power is modest but a few design features make it unnecessarily 'heavy' to use. The wheel base is too long (I think the transition to the catcher is awkward - might be to do with what's necessary for mulching). The handle is at a relatively low angle and the mower seems to have more mechanical advantage than the pusher would prefer. That makes mowing hard on the lower back which is not a good thing at my age. I have not had my mower for long and the other things I find odd might go away with familiarity. I hope so.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Bob A

Bob AMelbourne

Broken Drive Shaft

I've had the Masport for about four years and have been very happy with it. Today the drive shaft broke. The machine wasn't cutting. I'd just started it after changing the oil. Coincidentally two days ago I saw one advertised on EBay that had done exactly the same in the same spot. The shaft looks to be cast iron rather than steel but I may be wrong.
Unfortunately it did everything I asked of it. Started easily, cut well and also mulched. Of course it is out of guarantee so I'll just forget about it.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Kitten

KittenHunter Region, NSW

Absolutely love my Masport

Starts first go (which is a bonus for me as with my previous one I was exhausted by the time it started) the mulching attachment is wonderful for when you just want to give it a quick run over. We were so impressed my Mother ended up buying one for herself after hearing how happy we were. Wonderful warranty.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Slazmo

SlazmoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Strong mower

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Dan

DanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great lawnmower

This mower cuts beautifully, love using the mulching function and it works so well that you can’t even see the clippings on the lawn. The large wheels and light weight make it easy to use so much so that my wife has taken a liking to using it. It starts very easily and the oil changes are simple.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
JT1

JT1Sydney, NSW

Good mower but lacks power and does cut perfectly

The Masport mower is good quality but it does lack in power, I used someone else's who was a cheap Aldi mower and it was almost twice as powerful as mine, I usually have to make 2 passes with this mower as it leaves strands of grass behind (doesn't cut perfectly)

Date PurchasedOct 2016
George G

George GAU

reliable mower

I bought the Masport 470 2n1 in Bunnings Warehouse. It is a very reliable mower, easy to start, easy to be pushed around the lawn. it is a 4-stroke so you don't have to mix petrol with oil, also quieter than a 2-stroke mower. The only problem I had with it was that once I tilted it too much when cleaning it and some lubricant oil leaked out from the engine. But it did not cause any damage,still works perfectly.

Date PurchasedMay 2014