4Britax Safe-n-Sound Compaq

Ease of Installation
Ease of Height Adjustment

Mia T.
Mia T.Sydney, NSW

No side impact head protection

This seat has been great rear-facing, however we have recently turned it around to be front-facing and I am curious as to why there doesn't seem to any much side-impact head protection compared to the other Britax models? His head is entirely self-supported in the seat and he can tilt his head from side to side very far, which I feel would cause a neck injury if the car was hit from the side. I am considering purchasing a different brand seat with more side cushioning.
Oow5 posts

Easy long lasting seat

Good price for a ERF seat! its easy to install yourself following the instruction book and baby always looks comfortable and extremely safe! Nice fabric for hot weather We love ours would recommend! Show details ·  1
Tilly187
Tilly187Perth, WA4 posts

Great price point

This is such an affordable car seat! Not only is it a great price point its suitable from ages birth to 4 years so it will have a good life. It was also one of the only car seats that would suit my car-Nissan Juke. Show details ·  1
Safety
YSL
YSLPerth, WA3 posts

BABY car seat

The most uncomfortable car seat we purchase for my love. It is very narrow even for my tiny little Angel, te surface is difficult to take out to wash, the worse car seat we purchased. Show details
Ease of Installation
Ease of Height Adjustment
Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi YSL, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we're sorry to hear that you're not happy with your seat. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Andrew Nguyen
Andrew NguyenPerth, WA119 posts
Jessica
Jessica17 posts

Very happy with it

We researched and bought the Compaq as quite a few people told us we wouldn't get a rear facing seat into a Mazda 3. It just fits behind the passenger seat, although I believe that is more to do with the car itself than the seat. Both my partner and I can travel comfortably in the passenger seat though we are not really tall.

Having bought it for a second baby we were aware that newborns may need head support so we didn't feel this was an issue. (Happened with an Infasecure as well)

Bubs seems quite comfy and I have no concerns regarding his safety in this seat, he is quite securely strapped in. The only thing I would not is that the arms straps are hard to loosen as he grows - you do have to pull quite hard.

Show reply

Kate
KateSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good seat for older bubs, NOT from birth! (MKII)

This seat is great for bigger bubs with head control. I purchased this for my newborn and the product needs to advise customers that a head insert is needed for younger babies. This seat became dangerous for my bub even at 2 months old due to there not being any head support and risking my daughter airway. If a car seat is going to be recommended from birth appropriate supports need to be included.

Juz
JuzSydney5 posts

Great seat!

This car seat was easy to install. The soft covers come off easily for machine washing. Just remember where the snap buttons are! Baby is very comfortable looking. We tested the seat for comfort by putting him in a few and this one was the stand out. Happy with our purchase.

Ioanna
IoannaAdelaide20 posts

buckle is very hard to lock "click"

Quite disapointed in this seat as my husband was sure he didnt want to buy a "cheapo" seat so we went to baby bunting and spent quite abit on this. My issue is that the buckle is very hard to click in and lock .. you really have to make sure its locked because it easily comes undone and has on multiple occasions while driving. My mum was also quite surprised when she put my daughter in and it just came undone cos it didnt click. Safe to say i probably would have been better to buy one from target for under 200 would have faired better and that is what im going to do.

Alesha N
Alesha NBrisbane3 posts

Great Seat

Great seat! Really easy to install and use. Havent had any problems. We have used this as a back up seat and it has been Really easy to clean and take in and out of the car and easy to pack away. Baby loves the seat. Was a great price and all round great product

Cymkyan
CymkyanCanningvale9 posts

So so

Very compact which is good for my tiny car. It's easy to remove the washable parts to clean .however , none of this matters when my baby hates sitting in it. She would scream every single time we put her in. We have since changed to another car seat and she stopped screaming.

Lauren46
Lauren46Perth, WA7 posts

Seems comfortable but those bloody straps!

Once in, our bub seems comfortable (albeit he's only 9m now). But the STRAPS! As with many other comments, the button was clearly broken. It would take me pulling with all my weight and my foot in the seat to loosen the arm straps - not exactly practical if my son was actually in the chair! We had it fixed (free under warranty) by an authorised repair shop (thanks Britax!) who also just removed the button. So we have to reach in and blindly find the lever with a thumb but it is still pretty stiff. I essentially reach behind the seat and pull the straps from the back...which I suspect wont be practical once he's facing forward. Very frustrating, not to mention Grandma really can't manage it at all.

jsscah
jsscahGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts

Carseat

Easy to install in to my Mazda 3 sedan. Fits just find with enough room in the front seat for my 6ft partner to sit comfortably. Baby seems comfy enough too. But it seems the straps loosen when I don't want them too.. Forever tightening them (which I find difficult)

Dissatisfied
Dissatisfied

Straps don't tighten up once Bub is in the seat

When I put Bub in the baby seat, the straps don't move at all when I press the button. We have two cars so I bought a different brand of car seat for my other vehicle and no probs with that one at all. I've had friends help me out with no success. The back padding also doesn't stay up. Would definitely not recommend this one.

Olivia
Olivia

Ok

I have used this car seat for a while but the button you press to readjust the straps keeps popping out. Highly annoying - especially when you are in a hurry and you need to search the car floor for the spring and button! Not sure if I would recommend this seat.

Julie Abell
Julie Abell

After I hv installed the compaq into my car, tightened the seat belt as much as I can and tightened the other strap that clicks in the boot the seat still moves. How do I go abt getting the seat from moving once it has been installed and all straps hv been tightened? Thanku

Karen N.

I just bought this seat and after concerns with babies head not getting enough support...I will return it tomorrow. What do you recommend with the product since this may happen? That seems to be a few peoples concerns

Oow

If you have it installed on the correct angle it won’t be a problem :)

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Karen N. Thanks for your question. Please email us at au-support@britax.com so we can further assist you. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Abbey
Abbey

Hi, I bought a second hand Britax Safe-n-Sound Compaq from a good friend had a back up for my mother’s car. When my little one is in the seat rear facing, the harness straps won’t tighten, very hard to pull. I have to fiddle with the back for it to work. Though without my little one the straps can be easily pulled?

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Abbey, thanks for your question. Please email us au-support@britax.com and include your contact number in the email so we can further assist you. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

CategoryConvertible Car Seats