7Maytronics Dolphin M400
Part of Maytronics Dolphin M Line  3.8 (207)

Maytronics Dolphin M400

Easy to remove and clean filters
Thoroughly cleans pool
Has handy storage caddy
Less effective on curved surfaces
See the Best Robotic Pool Cleaners in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Maytronics Dolphin M Line › M40079 reviews
Fred
Fred3 posts
  Top Review M400

Owned nine months and really happy!

My experience with this pool cleaner has been different to a number of the other reviewers, maybe the majority of those who write reviews are the unhappy ones? But I have been delighted with our M400 after 9 months of fortnightly use in a smallish concrete rectangular pool. For starters the company staff really tried very hard to help me select the right unit. Secondly the unit does all it is claimed to do — climbs the walls, moves slightly horizontally when it reaches the surface, and covers the pool comprehensively in the 2.5 hour cycle. Negatives? The cable is a little inflexible to rewind, the unit is fairly heavy when lifting out of the water, and the carrying caddy is not a perfect design. I clean the filter cartridges on the unit after each use, which maybe some people do not, and that is a quick exercise. I was originally also critical of the company for the confusing marketing approach they were using in applying different badges to what was essentially the same machine for different distributors. But the M400 I have has done all I expected and more.

• Date Purchased:
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
JtotheR
JtotheRSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts
  Top Review M400

Do not buy if your pool is curved in shape or has curved sides!

What a mistake for the price! My old Creepy-Crawler got around to every corner of my pool, but unfortunately for me this M400 Dolphin gets stuck as soon as it hit the curves. Wheels are spinning and nothing moving!! I took it back to the retailer and complained it was getting stuck. I commented it had the wrong brushes - (they were the foam Wonder brushes(?), instead of the PVC brushes). They said no, I had the right brushes for a fiberglass pool but I had the wrong angle on the handle float. Hogwash - I adjusted it and made no difference. Now, every time I use this M400 I have to keep an eye out so when it gets stuck I have to move it to get it going again. Admittedly, the areas it does clean, it does a good job, but I always use the Ultra-fine filter cartridges instead of the net filters. I just wished it would clean the whole pool and without my intervention to get it going. The advertising for the Dolphin is that you sit back, relax and never have to worry about the pool cleaner. Yeah right!!

I am really sorry that this product is over-priced, over-hyped and over-here...in my pool.

• Date Purchased:
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Maytronics   DM

Hi, we would love to help you get the best experience with your Dolphin M400. Please call us on 1300 693 657, we are here to help.

Ronaldo W.
Ronaldo W.NSWSydney, NSW

Well impressed

Just got our new Dolphin over the weekend and unpacked it, put it in the pool and away it goes. Its pretty much cleaned the whole pool and even did some of the steps. Well impressed. Show details ·  1
Gary M
Gary MQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Dolphin M400

Purchased the M400 just over a mth ago. This is an excellent auto pool cleaner. Cleans floor/walls/steps to perfection without me lifting a finger. Luv the notification on my ph when the cleaner has finished. Collects everything. Show details ·  1
Karen B.5 posts
  M400

This is the best cleaner on the market

I so love this machine, I've had it for 5years ,it cleans my 60,000 litre pool so beautifully, it does the walls ,it's so worth the money, and makes life so easy for me Show details ·  1
Graeme Newton
Graeme NewtonQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Great all rounder

I’ve had mine for several years and it has worked really well. It cleans and filters fine silt. If you scoop majority of leaves before running it, there’s absolutely no problem. Wouldn’t be without it! Show details ·  1
Ralph R.
Ralph R.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD
Sally
Sally2 posts
  Fair Incentive M400

Relax with a beer while your dolphin does all the work

Got our M400 a few months ago as we bought a house with a large gumtree in the adjacent property as well as a quarry behind. We were spending hours with the upkeep due to dust and gum leaves so decided to buy a dolphin after a lot of research. Would recommend it for dust/dirt and tree debris, and also for the entertainment when cleaning the water lines. The dolphin app is convenient as it occasionally needs a hand with curves, haven’t had an issues with the cable due to the swivel and the caddy is a great bonus. Show details ·  1
Ian S.
Ian S.SAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA6 posts

Dolphin 400

Mostly dirt from bottom some small leaves not many runs 2hrs every day Show details ·  1
Mel
MelQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD
  M400

Hoping for a good outcome

Great pool cleaner just out of 2 year warranty. Couldn’t rate the cleaner enough!! UNTIL a week ago it stopped working!!!!! So we tested the power sockets etc at the wall and the power supply and they were all good. Still not working. YouTubed the matronics troubleshooting etc pulled it apart as per the videos and the whole electrical part was FULL of water!! Got in touch with our pool installer who was amazing and Maytronics called me straight away to tell me where to send it for a service (even though I highly doubt it could be serviced now after what we saw) luckily I videod the whole thing so they can’t tell me I’m lying. I’m really hoping Maytronics will replace this. Wish us luck!
Daral
DaralQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Pool Cleaner

My M400 is over 5 years old now, and it’s still like new, never replaced a single part. As someone else said, the best $2000+ I ever spent on pool equipment. Show details ·  1
PKR
PKR9 posts
David Bloom
David Bloom
  Verified M400

Works very well

Very happy with it and would recommend. It does the job that it was purchased for and if you want a good pool cleaner then this is the one for you. Show details ·  1
Mandy
MandyQLDFar North Queensland, QLD2 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified M400

Fantastic machine!

This machine is an amazing cleaner for our 12 m pool. It has a wonderful trolley to store it all on so that everything is easily stacked and stored away. Show details ·  1
Tim Allen
Tim Allen
  Verified M400

Pricey but does a great job

This wasn’t cheap but I’m glad I stumped up for it…does a brilliant job of genuinely set and forget pool cleaning. No regrets of not opting for an infloor self cleaning system- this is perfect Show details ·  1
Small Debris Cleaning
Large Debris Cleaning
Wall and Step Cleaning

Fiona C.
Fiona C. · Dolphin M400

We installed a pool this time last year and bought the M400 cleaner with the pool. My cleaner keeps getting stuck on the corner of our bottom step. I've tried adjusting the handles to different positions but it doesn't seem to make a difference. It means I have to go out every 5 mins or so to check on it and I can never put it on and leave the house.

michael f.
michael f. · Dolphin M400

What is purpose of the handle slides that slide out of my m400

Karen B.

He is so right ,that will work .a great machine. You will get used to it then will love it just remember not to leave it in the pool when not in use ,then you will have many happy years with it

Sally H.
Sally H. · Dolphin M400

My Dolphin has scratched a few of our pool gunite stairs on the edge climbing has anyone else experienced

See all Maytronics Dolphin M400 questions

Features:

• The Maytronics Dolphin M400 is a robotic pool cleaner that is designed to deliver a deep clean.
  • It has 3 brushes and super scrubbing power to pick up fine debris.
  • The pool cleaner is able to be programmed, so you can schedule weekly cleanings and spot clean at the push of a few buttons through the MyDolphin Plus App.
  • A tangle-free swivel allows the cleaner to move freely around the pool, making for a precise clean.
  • This product has a 36-month limited warranty.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the cleaner’s filters were easy to remove and clean.
  • They also found that it thoroughly cleaned their pool, and was able to pick up fine dust and debris that other cleaners could not.
  • Reviewers also appreciated the storage caddy for the cleaner, saying that it was handy to keep the cleaner tucked away when it wasn’t in use.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers found that the pool cleaner didn’t perform as effectively on curved surfaces - some people with kidney-shaped pools noted that it didn’t cover and clean the whole surface area of their pool.
Compare all Maytronics Dolphin M Line listings
Pros
    Easy to remove and clean filters
    Thoroughly cleans pool
    Has handy storage caddy
Cons
Less effective on curved surfaces
CategoryRobotic Pool CleanersRobotic Pool CleanersRobotic Pool CleanersRobotic Pool Cleaners
Price (RRP) $2,510.10$3,399
Cord Length18 m18 m
Pool SurfaceConcrete, Fibreglass, Glass Beads, Pebblecrete, Quartzon, Tiled and Vinyl Lined
Pool TypeAbove Ground and Inground
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)4 year(s)
ManualDownload manualDownload manual