Maytronics Dolphin M400

Maytronics Dolphin M400

Listing monitored by Maytronics

Pros

• Easy to remove and clean filters

• Thoroughly cleans pool

• Has handy storage caddy

Cons

• Less effective on curved surfaces

• Pool Size

P.R.
P.R.Sydney, NSW

This cleaner never worked well

Unfortunately this cleaner has been a frustrating experience. It never cleaned all the pool and spent most of it's time in the deep end. The cartridge type leaf catchers have a small capacity and they kept bursting open inside the unit. The impeller would frequently get clogged. It was too heavy to easily take out of the pool. Numerous parts failed: the brushes, the cable, the cartridges, the s clips holding the cartridges closed, the power supply switches and now it has stopped working completely. The parts are so expensive it is not worth rebuilding it. I thought I was buying a top of the line cleaner but it has been disappointing.

Purchased for $1,800.00.

Laura
LauraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Product!

This is a great product and worth the money. Perfect for a fully tiled pool. Highly recommend https://www.pooltronics.com.au/ to purchase any Dolphin product as they really spent time to help select the best product for our pool and even did a person delivery and demo to talk through how to use it.

Purchased in January 2020.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Laura. Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad that the Pooltronics team were able to assist in demonstrating how the robot functions and in finding the best suited model for your pool.

Robin
RobinNortheast, VIC

Works well.

This is the second season that we've had this cleaner. It does a really good job, but the wonder brushes are worn out already.
I was shocked to find out that it costs over $100 a pair...and you need two sets..!
That's a lot of money in maintenance costs..

Purchased in April 2018.

Country boy
Country boyLitchfield, NT

Very good, but disappointing user manual

Purchased in September 2020 for $2,200.00.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Great cleaner with easy to empty filters!

I have a large 80,000 litre Pebble Crete pool and it cleans it perfectly every time. I put it in once every week or two as required. The cartridge type filters are easy to remove and clean.

Purchased in August 2020.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Michael. Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that the robot is cleaning well and that the filters are easy to keep clean. Have a great day!

Phil and Bron
Phil and BronFar North Queensland, QLD

Makes the resort lifestyle easy!

What a great cleaning unit the Dolphin M400 is! Easy to use, easy to maintain and it has its own trolley to relax in when it’s not hard at work cleaning the pool.

Gets right up to the waterline and steps.

Purchased in August 2020 at Placid Pools Smithfield.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Phil and Bron. Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are so glad to hear that your Dolphin M400 is easy to use and is doing such a great job in collecting debris and is keeping the pool clean. Have a great day.

Josh
Josh

Seems like a winner

Early days but very impressed so far. Picks up much more than our previous suction cleaner. Seems very easy to operate and emptying the waste compartments is an absolute breeze

Purchased in June 2020.

Pool Size Average
Functionality
Small Debris Cleaning
Large Debris Cleaning
Wall and Step Cleaning
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Josh. Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that your Dolphin M400 is doing such a great job in collecting debris and keeping the pool sparkling clean. Have a great day.

suzanne
suzanneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing Product M400

I purchased my Matronics M400 yesterday from Brisbane Pool.
My previous M400 had died after 7 years of solid service without ever having one fault. My new M400 is perfect and does such a wonderful job keeping my pool sparkling clean. I have lots of trees and leaves, but this model is absolutely perfect and does a wonderful job cleaning floor, walls and waterline. Its a really good quality build and I would recommend anyone to buy this model.

Suzanne

Purchased in May 2020 at Brisbane Pool Robotics.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Suzanne. That is fantastic to hear! We are so glad to hear that your new Dolphin M400 is just as amazing as your previous.

Vasu
VasuSouth East Queensland, QLD

Reliably good

The Maytronics M400 is very good at cleaning large and small debris equally. It also does a good job at picking up the fine dust from the bottom of the pool. I am happy with the product.

Purchased in January 2020 at Billabong Caloundra for $2,199.00.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Vasu. Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you are happy with your robot and that it is doing a great job in filtering the finer dust and debris from the bottom of the pool. Have a great day.

MHS
MHS

Great cleaner that reduced cleaning needs

Easy to use, simple to clean filters, just plug in and it does the job, in addition cleans the walls as well, removes fine debris from floor and walls. Good warranty as well

Purchased in April 2020 at Pool and Spa Direct.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi MHS. We thank you for your positive feedback and we are glad to hear that your robot is doing a great job in keeping your entire pool clean. Have a great day.

So east to use!

We love our new M400 pool cleaner. It is so easy to use and does a great job cleaning the floor and walls of our pool! Love the storage caddy too.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Amy. Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that your M400 is doing such a great job!

Nicolas N.
Nicolas N.Sydney, NSW

Filter options vs function

Purchased in November 2019.

Wilson M
Wilson MVictoria

Never have seen the pool so clean in my life!

I've been using a suction pool cleaner for a while, and I've gone through about 5 of them. They're annoying to operate and restrict the features of your pool's pump system. I then came across the Maytronics Dolphin M400. It was the first time I'd seen a robotic pool cleaner in action, and I thought it was pretty amazing. I took a free demo and was amazed to find my pool sparkling clean when it was finished. The robot isn't cheap, but it's worth it. I highly recommend this product.

Purchased in February 2020 for $2,000.00.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Wilson. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that your Dolphin M400 has made such a difference. Have a great day.

Sonia E.
Sonia E.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

I love our Dolphin, can't live without it!

We had actually ordered a different robot pool cleaner when we built our pool until my friends told us about the Dolphin. They had done a lot of research, so we decided to change to the Dolphin Supreme M4 and I'm so glad we did!!! It climbs the walls and spends a couple of hours vacuuming the pool, we usually chuck it in the water at night after we've finished swimming and it goes about it's job cleaning the pool so we get up in the morning and it's sparkling clean, ready for us to swim!
It's a fantastic product that cuts out soooo much of the work of owning a pool. I now recommend the dolphin to everyone I know who owns a pool!!!

Purchased in February 2015 for $2,500.00.

Dolphin left holes in liner

Have only had my dolphin m400 for 1 year. This year our pool was losing water, pool leak specialist found 2 holes where wall and pool floor meet both same size. He asked me what I use to vacuum, I showed him my dolphin and he informed me that I was the 3rd person that used the dolphin that had holes. I have vinyl liner , and I’m not sure why this would be happening.
Have tried contacting Maytronics and have not heard back. Not happy having an expensive vacuum I am affaird to use for fear of more holes in liner.

Purchased in August 2018.

Pool Size Average
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Terri. Could photos please be sent via email to customercareau@maytronics.com of your robot, your pool and also the sticker within your robot that shows the serial number? Could your location and post code also be provided in the email. Thank you.

Read more reviews - page 2

MiMi L.
MiMi L.asked

What would stop one side of the brushes from moving?

Hi MiMi

Thank you for reaching out.

There may be an obstruction in the track that can cause this from happening or it may also be an issue with the drive motor.

If you are able to call our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 opt 2 one of our team members will be able to go through some troubleshooting with you over the phone.

Keith
Keith asked

Hi,
I have an M400 which is 4 years old. I have changed all of the brushes and the white pads. Since I put it back in the pool the robot doesn’t seem to scan the pool correctly. It does stop now and again seeming to scan but doesn’t turn 90 degrees. It then just moves back and forth to each side of the pool. I have looked at all of the brushes to check if there is anything obstruction but there is nothing at all.
Can you tell me if there is a problem with the electrical scanning printed circuit or anything else to help me .?
Keith

Pat M.
Pat M.asked

I have a M400. I changed the climbing rings, and also noticed the drive brush had a broken/stripped gear and bearing assembly on one side. I bought a new piece and installed it in the dolphin. it does good on the bottom and half way up the side but when it gets to the vertical angle of the pool one side runs faster than the other. What can I do to fix this? it is probably why the gear stripped out last time.

Hi Pat
Thank you for your inquiry - if you could call our Customer Care team on 1300 693 657 opt 2 when you are able our team can go go through some troubleshooting with you regarding the issue you are experiencing.

See all Maytronics Dolphin M400 questions

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives

Features:

• The Maytronics Dolphin M400 is a robotic pool cleaner that is designed to deliver a deep clean.
  • It has 3 brushes and super scrubbing power to pick up fine debris.
  • The pool cleaner is able to be programmed, so you can schedule weekly cleanings and spot clean at the push of a few buttons through the MyDolphin Plus App.
  • A tangle-free swivel allows the cleaner to move freely around the pool, making for a precise clean.
  • This product has a 36-month limited warranty.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the cleaner’s filters were easy to remove and clean.
  • They also found that it thoroughly cleaned their pool, and was able to pick up fine dust and debris that other cleaners could not.
  • Reviewers also appreciated the storage caddy for the cleaner, saying that it was handy to keep the cleaner tucked away when it wasn’t in use.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers found that the pool cleaner didn’t perform as effectively on curved surfaces - some people with kidney-shaped pools noted that it didn’t cover and clean the whole surface area of their pool.
CategoryRobotic Pool Cleaners