Maytronics Dolphin M400

Maytronics Dolphin M400

Sonia E.

Sonia E.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

I love our Dolphin, can't live without it!

We had actually ordered a different robot pool cleaner when we built our pool until my friends told us about the Dolphin. They had done a lot of research, so we decided to change to the Dolphin Supreme M4 and I'm so glad we did!!! It climbs the walls and spends a couple of hours vacuuming the pool, we usually chuck it in the water at night after we've finished swimming and it goes about it's job cleaning the pool so we get up in the morning and it's sparkling clean, ready for us to swim!
It's a fantastic product that cuts out soooo much of the work of owning a pool. I now recommend the dolphin to everyone I know who owns a pool!!!

Purchased in February 2015 for $2,500.00.

Wall and Step Cleaning

Dolphin left holes in liner

Have only had my dolphin m400 for 1 year. This year our pool was losing water, pool leak specialist found 2 holes where wall and pool floor meet both same size. He asked me what I use to vacuum, I showed him my dolphin and he informed me that I was the 3rd person that used the dolphin that had holes. I have vinyl liner , and I’m not sure why this would be happening.
Have tried contacting Maytronics and have not heard back. Not happy having an expensive vacuum I am affaird to use for fear of more holes in liner.

Purchased in August 2018.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Terri. Could photos please be sent via email to customercareau@maytronics.com of your robot, your pool and also the sticker within your robot that shows the serial number? Could your location and post code also be provided in the email. Thank you.

Luke

LukeCentral Queensland, QLD

Doesn't climb that well

The dolphin M400 has cleaned the floor of our pool amazingly. The pool now looks 100 percent. One of the downfalls is it will rarely climb walls or the beach we have at the entrance of the pool. Not sure if there is something wrong with it but i thought for 2100 bucks it would do this easily.

Purchased in August 2019 for $2,100.00.

Stacey KGippsland, VIC

Our pool looks amazing with minimal effort!

The M400 is easy to use, the filters are easy to clean, it’s runs for 2 hours straight, it climbs the walls of the pool to the top lip, it even cleans our spa including the straight edge seats! It’s perfect for people who don’t have hours to waste on cleaning, worth every cent!

Purchased in March 2019 at Traralgon heating for $2,100.00.

Workhorse

Great pool cleaner it does what it suppose too and leaves my pool nice and clean when finished ( glass pebble)
I usually leave the fine debry basket in as my pool gets alot of dust & settles to the bottom, this Dolphin cleans it right up no worries!
What would of been nice on this model is an app to control manual navigation/ cycle time/ and clean modes, should be a standard thing on this model range.
Happy with my Dolphin M400.

Purchased in February 2018.

Lisa

LisaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Fantastic

After dealing with pool cleaners and the like which was a rip off and stressful, I finally bought a Dolphin. It is a revolution in pool maintenance ... just magic and has made owning a pool a pleasure.

Purchased in December 2018 for $2,000.00.

Love my Dolphin!!

My Dolphin M400 has been life changing - no more untangling the old robot driven by the booster pump and no more manual vacuuming! Easy to use, covers every part of the pool floor and picks up everything the gum and jacaranda trees can throw at it.
I leave the super-fine filters on there all the time and they’re great for collecting everything from big bits down to the fine sediments that get blown into the pool. The pool is kept nice and clean by running the Dolphin once a week and it’s east to flush out afterwards - the filters pop out and can be hosed down. Note it is a heavy unit though, especially when you first lift it out and it’s full of water.
Overall I’d highly recommend if you’re in the market for a new robot!

Great robotic pool cleaner

Fantastic pool cleaner

Purchased in March 2019.

Craig Smith

Craig SmithGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No sick days or personal time required

Tony P

Tony PMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Works well. Good customer support.

We bought an M400 after getting a demo by our local pool shop. Right from the start our unit had trouble as it would get caught on the lowest step in our pool. After some back and forth between ourselves, the pool shop and Maytronics, Maytronics provided a set of different side covers and the cleaner has been performing perfectly since. It now does a great job of picking up dirt and debris from the pool. Recommended.

Purchased in July 2019 for $1,950.00.

Lisa M.

Lisa M.South East Queensland, QLD

This little machine runs great cleaning the pool with no fails!

This cleans all size materials and even dust from the water!
This machine has been working great I have had it now 6 I have a large 90k sqm fibreglass pool!!
I would happily go recommend this product to anyone wanting to update cleaners.

Eric

EricGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sensational cleaning machine

We purchased a home with a pool of around 50,000L and no pool cleaner. Not knowing much about how pools operated, we engaged the local pool shop who were supportive and sold us a machine that looked like a stingray and didn't really work leaving soot on the floor and other debris. I spoke with friends in Qld who have the M400 and swore by it, so I contacted Maytronics, had a demo of the M400. Unbelievable machine, simple to use, easy to clean and does what you expect. Our pool floor has never looked better. A free demo, cost nothing, give it a try.

Purchased in February 2019 for $2,100.00.

Kris Steadman

Kris SteadmanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome cleaner, great service from maytronics

contacted Maytronics for a demo of the m400 and i was contacted almost immediately by a local dealer who arranged to come around with the unit and give it a run in my pool. The agent from the pool shop was able to answer all my questions which ultimately lead to me purchasing the M400.

The M400 does an excellent job of cleaning fine debris from my pool, i don't really have a problem with leaves. Seeing as i've got a cartridge pool, having the M400 frees up my skimmer box to just filter the top of the water. I'm also able to save power by running my pool pump on the eco setting.

All in all, great purchase, should have picked one up ages ago.

Purchased in July 2019 at Augustine Heights Pool and Spa.

GTorrens

GTorrensSouth East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT BUY FOR ABOVE GROUND POOLS

Was a gift, cleans ok, spends too much time up walls, has now punctured liner. Power supply failed, and had to be replaced. Does not like curved surfaces, stairs, etc. The edges (front and rear) are too sharp for tight spaces.

Purchased in October 2017 for $2,000.00.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi GTorrens. We would like to discuss this with you in depth to understand how we are able to assist. Could you please contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or at customercareau@maytronics.com at your earliest convenience.

MarkR

MarkRSydney, NSW

Excellent Cleaner

Had an old Polaris pressure cleaner which gave up the ghost just before Christmas and decided to replace it with a robotic cleaner. We have a rectangular pebblecrete pool and after the recent storms in Sydney I put this cleaner in the pool for 4 days in a row. The amount of fine dust this has managed to remove from the pool is incredible. Very happy with the performance. The only downside I can find is the weight of the cleaner when you remove it from the water. I guess that's a small price to pay for its ability to scrub surfaces as well as vacuum debris.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

not happy

we have just been told that it will cost more than a new one to repair . it run out of warranty 2 months ago . i expect that its life would be longer than that . out last one lasted 12 years with annual services different brand . It has been a good cleaner . but dies just after warranty grrr .NOW WHAT TO REPLACE IT WITH

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Suzzie Q

Suzzie QSydney, NSW

great product

I replaced a Dolphin M4 which I had for 5 years, with a newer M400. I am using it for the first time today. I can see a big improvement already. I am so happy about the change and would recommend this model. It's so easy to use. Easy to maintain and clean.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

It get stuck easily on the steps of the aquatechnics fibre glass pool

Got this robot cleaner for cleaning the rectangle shape fibre glass pool for dirt and leaves plus brush the surface of the pool. It get stuck at the corner of the steps very easily which I have to constantly check on it to make sure it is doing its job. I wish I can just switch it on and leave it. Not sure if it is because it is with form rollers in stead of the silicone flips rollers.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Ryan, you have the correct brushes for your pool type. If you would like some tech support to get your Dolphin performing better in your pool, please call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657 and we will gladly help you.

RSB

RSBAU

Cleaning the pool very very well but damn it's heavy

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Garry

Garryasked

Can I stop my M400 from trying to climb the walls of the pool?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Garry. The Dolphin M400 is programmed to clean a pool's floor, walls and waterline. It's programming is unable to be changed. The robot will climb approximately every four minutes. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or customercareau@maytronics.com for further information.

Nicolas L.

Nicolas L.asked

Is there supposed to be polystyrene inside the Dophin M400?. Had to remove sides in order to get the protective plastic film off the rollers...almost successfully. I saw 4 x pieces as of polystyrene which surely should have been removed during factory assembly?

Stacey K

I do not recall seeing polystyrene packing inside the unit when first opening it. Sorry.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Good Afternoon Nicholas, the foam you mention is part of the buoncy float inside the Dolphin M400. If you are able to message me your preferred contact number, we would be happy to asssist you. Kind Regards, Dee on behalf of the Maytronics Customer Care Team.

Queenslander

Queenslanderasked

My Dolphin cleaner has been working perfectly for months but in the last week it simply regurgitates the leaves on the bottom of the pool through the front vent rather than sucking them into the filter basket. I also have to frequently clear debris out of the impeller. I used to do this once every 6 months bit now it happens every time the Dolphin runs. The whole unit is clean. What is going wrong?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

When debris is escaping from the filter cartridge or basket, it may be due to the filters themselves being blocked or clogged or, the filters not being correctly fitted to the cartridge or basket. Ensure to give the filters are thorough rinse and/or soak them with warm water and cartridge cleaner. Also ensure that each filter screen is snapped into place and that no gaps are visible. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance.

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives

CategoryRobotic Pool Cleaners