Maytronics Dolphin M400

Maytronics Dolphin M400

DO NOT BUY FOR ABOVE GROUND POOLS

Was a gift, cleans ok, spends too much time up walls, has now punctured liner. Power supply failed, and had to be replaced. Does not like curved surfaces, stairs, etc. The edges (front and rear) are too sharp for tight spaces.

Purchased for $2,000.00.

Noise Level
Pool Size Average
Functionality
Small Debris Cleaning
Large Debris Cleaning
Wall and Step Cleaning
Hi GTorrens. We would like to discuss this with you in depth to understand how we are able to assist. Could you please contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or at customercareau@maytronics.com at your earliest convenience.

Excellent Cleaner

Had an old Polaris pressure cleaner which gave up the ghost just before Christmas and decided to replace it with a robotic cleaner. We have a rectangular pebblecrete pool and after the recent storms in Sydney I put this cleaner in the pool for 4 days in a row. The amount of fine dust this has managed to remove from the pool is incredible. Very happy with the performance. The only downside I can find is the weight of the cleaner when you remove it from the water. I guess that's a small price to pay for its ability to scrub surfaces as well as vacuum debris.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

not happy

we have just been told that it will cost more than a new one to repair . it run out of warranty 2 months ago . i expect that its life would be longer than that . out last one lasted 12 years with annual services different brand . It has been a good cleaner . but dies just after warranty grrr .NOW WHAT TO REPLACE IT WITH

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Good Morning Kaz, I apologise that your robot does not seem to be functioning the way that it is meant to. Could you please contact us on 1300 693 657 or at customercareau@maytronics.com so that we can discuss what you are experiencing and we will do our best to assist you.

great product

I replaced a Dolphin M4 which I had for 5 years, with a newer M400. I am using it for the first time today. I can see a big improvement already. I am so happy about the change and would recommend this model. It's so easy to use. Easy to maintain and clean.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

It get stuck easily on the steps of the aquatechnics fibre glass pool

Got this robot cleaner for cleaning the rectangle shape fibre glass pool for dirt and leaves plus brush the surface of the pool. It get stuck at the corner of the steps very easily which I have to constantly check on it to make sure it is doing its job. I wish I can just switch it on and leave it. Not sure if it is because it is with form rollers in stead of the silicone flips rollers.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Ryan, you have the correct brushes for your pool type. If you would like some tech support to get your Dolphin performing better in your pool, please call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657 and we will gladly help you.

Cleaning the pool very very well but damn it's heavy

We have only had this cleaner for about 3 months and it's our first robotic. (Tiled pool) The bad, it's very heavy, pulling it out of the pool full of water it must be about 15 to 20 kg. The unit weighs 10 kg. My wife couldn't do it plus you are bent over lifting it up. Good; so far doing a fantastic job of cleaning my pool. I get a few leaves but more fine dirt dust and it's excellent. I like that you get two types of filters, one for heavy and one for finer dirt. Very easy to clean the filters and having the filters easily accessible from the top of the unit is a great design. My pool has never looked so clean. Old cleaner was a Hayward pool vac which was running all the time with the pumps being a vacuum unit. I use this about once a week and I'm amazed how much fine dirt and debris it picks up. It really does climb the walls very well, pool coverage very good, misses the corners but I don't see that as an issue, to be expected and I just quickly brush corners then put the cleaner in. No kinks or tangles the swivel cable function works well. The stand is good quality and well designed. I'll update this in 12 months but so far all good, I do love it but seriously needs to be lighter. I bought the cover for the unit and the stand, don't waste your money, buy a good BBQ cover far cheaper and far better quality. I would give it 5 stars for its cleaning but only giving it 4 as it is just so damn heavy.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Really great robot

Water is crystal clear and catches everything. It can’t climb my steps unless I reduce the angle on the floaters, that seems to help it climb them easier?? Does everything and is fun to watch. I now want to sbuy the cover to keep it dust free on my patio. Excellent scrubbing.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Factually piece of crap!

This is a grossly over rated and over priced product. Does not come close to living up to its claims. Shame on me for purchasing it based on over inflated advertisement. Anything else I have to say would be offensive. I only hope no else get suckered on this product or its claims,

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi, we are sorry to hear you’re not completely satisfied with your Dolphin. We at Maytronics strive for this with every robot we produce. The vast majority of our customers who buy this product provide great feedback on it’s performance hence our global leadership in the robotic pool cleaner category for over 30 years now. Please contact our service department directly in your local state so as we may try and get an understanding as to why you are not satisfied with the hope that we can assist you. You can call us on 1300 693 657.Hi, we are sorry to hear you’re not completely satisfied with your Dolphin. We at Maytronics strive for this with every robot we produce. The vast majority of our customers who buy this product provide great feedback on it’s performance. As you purchased your machine about one month ago, if your machine is faulty and is impaired by a manufacturer’s defect, we will gladly fix any fault promptly and free of charge under warranty. However, should there be no manufacturer’s defect, please call us on 1300 693 657 and we can help provide some tips to get the best performance in your pool type.

Owned nine months and really happy!

My experience with this pool cleaner has been different to a number of the other reviewers, maybe the majority of those who write reviews are the unhappy ones? But I have been delighted with our M400 after 9 months of fortnightly use in a smallish concrete rectangular pool. For starters the company staff really tried very hard to help me select the right unit. Secondly the unit does all it is claimed to do — climbs the walls, moves slightly horizontally when it reaches the surface, and covers the pool comprehensively in the 2.5 hour cycle. Negatives? The cable is a little inflexible to rewind, the unit is fairly heavy when lifting out of the water, and the carrying caddy is not a perfect design. I clean the filter cartridges on the unit after each use, which maybe some people do not, and that is a quick exercise. I was originally also critical of the company for the confusing marketing approach they were using in applying different badges to what was essentially the same machine for different distributors. But the M400 I have has done all I expected and more.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Do not buy if your pool is curved in shape or has curved sides!

What a mistake for the price! My old Creepy-Crawler got around to every corner of my pool, but unfortunately for me this M400 Dolphin gets stuck as soon as it hit the curves. Wheels are spinning and nothing moving!! I took it back to the retailer and complained it was getting stuck. I commented it had the wrong brushes - (they were the foam Wonder brushes(?), instead of the PVC brushes). They said no, I had the right brushes for a fiberglass pool but I had the wrong angle on the handle float. Hogwash - I adjusted it and made no difference. Now, every time I use this M400 I have to keep an eye out so when it gets stuck I have to move it to get it going again. Admittedly, the areas it does clean, it does a good job, but I always use the Ultra-fine filter cartridges instead of the net filters. I just wished it would clean the whole pool and without my intervention to get it going. The advertising for the Dolphin is that you sit back, relax and never have to worry about the pool cleaner. Yeah right!!
I am really sorry that this product is over-priced, over-hyped and over-here...in my pool.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi, we would love to help you get the best experience with your Dolphin M400. Please call us on 1300 693 657, we are here to help.

Good product

Had the same problem threw a golf ball in which sat in the deep end and solved that problem. It ran over the golf ball and sent in on a new direction now cleans both ends of the pool. I have had the same machine for 12 years and it has had an active 12 years in the pool. Replaced motor drive after 6 years

Date PurchasedMar 2006

Kidney Pool

Just doesn’t work on kidney shaped pool... It may work on a rectangular or square pool but the curved sides on a kidney shaped pool knock the machine out of any pattern to cover the pool. The machine I trialled spent 95% of its time down the deep end of the pool. After a couple of hours I dragged it down to the shallow end but it soon crept down to the other end. Shame, I would love to have a robot cleaner that worked!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Noel, Please call us on 1300 693 657 and we can help you get the best performance out of your pool. We would love to help you.Further to my note: I don’t believe that the machine actually maps the pool and systematically cleans the pool as implied by the advertising. My observation is that it’s largely random, steered only by the various weights on the machine.Hi Noel, there are dual features of the M400 that help map your pool. We call these features CleverClean(TM) and Gyroscopic navigation. The CleverClean(TM) system allows the robot to learn how your pool is set up. Eg, where there is a wall, where the floor slopes, how long it takes to climb the wall. The gyroscopic navigation keep the cleaner on its cleaning path. The M400 is a dual drive machine, meaning there are two motors that steer the robot around based on the intelligence of CleverClean(TM) and gyroscopic navigation. We invite you to get in touch on 1300 693 657, we would be happy to explain this feature for better understanding. If you need product support we are always here to help.

Don't waste your money

Lasted less than a year and won't even attempt to turn on. Wasn't cleaning the entire pool when it was working, always missed the same part of the pool no matter what setting I used. Really disappointed that it won't even turn on anymore. I was told that this pool cleaner was the best one on the market but I could have bought two of my last pool sweeps and it lasted a whole lot longer than a year.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Hi Chris, your cleaner is covered by a comprehensive 3 year warranty, we encourage you to contact your retailer or us directly on 1300 693 657 to have your cleaner fixed asap under warranty at no charge. We are sorry to hear you’re not completely satisfied with your Dolphin. We at Maytronics strive for customer satisfaction with every robot we produce, hence the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty you have been received. This is unmatched in the pool industry.

Very unsatisfied!

Very expensive product. Bought it in late May. Stopped working in early July after just a few weeks. We sent it in for "repair" and they held on to it for 2 weeks, replaced some part (drive motor, I think), and then called and said it was fixed. When I brought it home it still was not working at all!!!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Lmt, we are very sorry to hear about your experience with your Dolphin M400. We want to make this right for your so you can experience how good the product can be. This sounds very unusual and we would like to investigate what has happened in your case. Will send a private message so we connect and get our local brand to fix your Dolphin quickly.

Maytronics Supreme M4

Worked well for about a month. Then left small dirt on bottom. We bought it last summer and this summer didn't clean that well and the end of June it completely quit working. Won't turn on or anything. Messaged customer service and we still have heard nothing from them. Do not think it was worth the money considering it only worked for 1 summer. Also very disappointed we heard nothing back from customer service.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Hi, please call us on 1300 693 657 and we can definitely help you quickly. Please note that we believe your cleaner falls inside the warranty period and shouldn’t incur any costs associated with repair. We have a philosophy at Maytronics to keep our spare parts for repairs as low as possible to ensure long term customer satisfaction for our product . I will message you privately to connect you to technical support who can help.Hi, I believe you are up an running again. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Dead after less than a year

Blue power lights come on for 2 seconds then goes off. Checked all outlets and ground fault. Cleaned filters still doesn't work--not happy! Checked all troubleshooting info i could find, nothing works. Hope this is not a bad sign of things to come. Would expect more than one year of service!

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Hi William, best option is to call us on 1300 693 657 so we can help you and get some further details. Your cleaner is under warranty so you have some peace of mind.

Disappointed

Just started with our third season with the M4; first year it would not climb the pool walls effectively and would not break the surface of the water to clean the water line. Sent it back under warranty and didn't receive it back until the end of the pool season. The M4 cleans about 70 percent of the pool and no matter what settings are selected it seems to clean the same spots repeatedly and missed large sections. It doesn't clean the corners but wasn't expecting it to as it's a residential model and not a commercial version. The robot that my pool supply store loans out is 10 years old and has been abused and is twice the cleaner as the M4, it's also a Dolphin so I thought I made a good purchase. Disappointed with my purchase, wish I had went with either a commercial model or different manufacturer all together. Maytronics only allows the local pool supply store to service the commercial models and not the residential ones which is very disappointing.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Hi, we would like to follow-up with your experience. I would like to connect you with a technical person as there are many variables which can effect performance. Our dealers are certainly trained to service domestic cleaners. I want to make sure you get the best service and therefore best possible cleaning experience. I am sure we can help, will send a private message to connect.

Turns itself off.....

We purchased the Dolphin Supreme M4 just on three years ago, as soon as we got it the machine started turning itself off 10 seconds after it has been turned on...so we always need to restart it.We purchased it from Byron Bay and as we live in Ocean Shores the Dolphin has to be sent to the Gold Coast for any warranty work.Because of this we decided to wait until we got a service under warranty and get it all done at once.I had lost track of time and just realised that the warranty ran out just 3 months ago so I contacted Maytronics on 0732729633 today to ask if they would still honour the warranty on the machine and I was told "bad luck".I am very disappointed with the after sale service and feel that a company of this size should have better customer relations!!!

Date PurchasedNov 2013
Hi Allan, we always recommend as soon as you think there is a problem with your cleaner to contact us at Maytronics - we do try our best to help every customer. Had you contacted us when you purchased 3 years ago when the problem first started there would be no issue. I'm sure you can understand that as your cleaner is now 3 months out of warranty it is hard to bend our guidelines. Anyway, we will send you a private message so we can connect.We replied to the Maytronics official as soon as we received his e mail and have had no contact sinceHi Alan, we have offered free labour to fix any out of warranty issue with your cleaner as a gesture of customer service, but are waiting to receive your contact details as requested so we can arrange follow up. Please note that we don't contact any customers as their Dolphin approaches the end of warranty. We have sent another message now.

Excellent cleaner

After purchasing this, I couldn't ever own a pool without having one of these. Makes my life so much easier, now I can get on to the other outside jobs whilst this cleans the pool for me. Cleaning the robot takes 2 mins before I put it away in the garage.
Expensive at 3k but honestly for the fact it makes my life easier, it's worth it.
Only negative I have is that since I've purchaed it over a year and a half ago, absolutely no communication from the Maytronics company, no emails no phone calls no post asking if I'm happy. Other brand names like Miele for my white goods are in constant contact.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Worked for 1.5 seasons and now won't turn on anymore.

Worked for 1.5 seasons and will no longer turn on. What a waste of money. Tried everything. For this kind of money it should be better quality then this. Now I have to attempt their warranty process and see if they will live up to their warranty promises. Sad that this happens.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Hi Franco G, we will help you fix the issue and get your Dolphin working to satisfaction. I will send you a private message to ensure you are supported properly through this process. This is a reliable pool cleaner that shouldn't just stop working. I sure we can you back on track.

I've had a Dolphin 400 for 10 months. I have a tiled pool and it used to climb the walls but recently it stopped climbing the walls. I have checked the impeller which is clear. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Hi Iain. When a robot stops climbing the walls it could be due to a few factors. Firstly, we recommend ensuring that the filter cartridges are clean as if these are dirty or clogged, it may affect the robot’s ability to climb. We also recommend a full water test to ensure all of the water chemistry levels are were they need to be. A manual brush down the pool surfaces will also loosen any build up of body oils, sunscreen or algae that may have started to form. The Dolphin should then be able to grip these surfaces and maintain them on its own going forward. If the above does not rectify the problem, please contact us on 1300 693 657 or at customercareau@maytronics.com and we will look into this with you further. Thank you.

I clean my pool approx 3 times a fortnight. Dolphin is now just blowing the green algae up through the impeller and out into the pool. Pool will be really clear when starting cycle and end up murky once cycle finished. Filters are always clean before starting . any ideas
Hi Peter. Thank you for your enquiry. In the first instance, it is recommended to isolate the source of the algae and treating it from there. A full water test is also recommended to ensure that all of the chemical levels are as required. We also recommend ensuring that the filters are clean and are snapped into place with no visible gaps. If this does not resolve the problem, please send a few photos of what you are experiencing to customercareau@maytronics.com with your best contact number. Our Customer Care Team will be able to assist you them there.

I just got my new M400 and used it right away. It climbed the wall to the waterline once very early on in the cleaning cycle. Aftr that, it just went up to the wall sitting at the bottom of the pool, stayed there, brushes rolling, and then went back. The walls of my pool and waterline were not cleaned. I have a rectangular pool, 90 degree corners and material of the pool is polypropylene. Please advise.
Hi David. Please contact us on 1300 693 657 or at customercareau@maytronics.com and we can discuss what you are experiencing with your robot in depth. Thank you.

Similar listings