Maytronics Dolphin Swash

DavidS

DavidSSydney, NSW

Good, but could be better.

Review after 2 months from purchase. Easy to set up and use. Captures leaves and loose matter from the pool floor, but does not effectively scrub fine matter which requires a pre-brush to dislodge. Accordingly, I will usually set it to run twice to clean the pool (about 60kL) in about 3-4 hours. Caddy to transport the unit for storage works well. Reasonably happy so far.

Purchased in October 2019.

Pool Size Large
Wall and Step Cleaning

Works perfect except no swivel always tangling

Can I purchase aftermarket swivel and install. I have tried straightening anti twisting leaving in sun but till tangles daily.only 1 month old and I thought was expensive but the best. I should of made sure it had a swivel when I bought it.
It works great apart from tangling

Purchased in September 2019 at Poolwerx for $2,000.00.

Pool Size Average

X40 plus

Yes quite right dolfin X40+

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Grahame. Cables with swivels are definitely able to be purchased and fitted to your robot. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team via email to customercareau@maytronics.com or on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Ok cleaner, but just died

Has just died after 4+ years. Not impressed. Multimeter tested the output side of the transformer. Still getting 29v at the outlet and also at the end of the cable. Therefore the motor has died. This shouldn’t happen after this short a time. There was no blockages and the cleaner was always cleaned out regularly. It isn’t a cheap cleaner and I expected more from this brand. Maytronics have been in touch, but won’t do anything because of the age. I understand it’s out of warranty but it only got used once a week for the duration of my ownership and then only during the swimming season. I estimate that it wouldn’t have done more than 300 hours of running and that’s being conservative. I won’t be buying another.

Pool Size Small
Jock Norton

Jock NortonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Did not last

The machine worked hard but after two years the handle broke in two completely (I fixed it myself), then after two more years the motor and the cable packed in. These are very expensive devices and if they cannot provide reliability and durability for that price then I am not going to purchase this brand again. Disappointed.

Purchased in December 2014 for $2,599.00.

Pool Size Average

HowardSydney, NSW

Worked well but died after 4 years - not repairable

Date PurchasedJul 2014

normand

normandMelbourne

Great Product an Service

We had the robot for more than two years and it served our pool devoted. Recently we had a breakdown with the robot but unfortunately was out of warranty. Nevertheless, when Maytronics was contacted for help they committed to cover the repairs under warranty free of charge so I can get my robot back into the pool.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Mandy

Mandy

If only I’d bought this years ago!!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Andy

AndyMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Amazing cleaner and time saver

Date PurchasedJul 2018

CharlesSydney

The worst pool cleaner you will buy.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Charles, we have sent you a private message to resolve this matter quickly for you.

Long Term (3 Year) Proper Review of Dolphin Swash TC (Bonus Swash CL minor info)

Date PurchasedJan 2015

RhodriSydney

Great when it works but doesn't last long

We bought ours a couple of years ago and in the past few weeks it stops 5 minutes into it's automatic cycle. Blue power like flashes on the base unit and the impeller stops working. Would have expected a few more years out of such an expensive product. Not happy!

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Rhodri, would love to help you. Please call us on 1300 693 657, sounds like it maybe a setting on the power supply, we may be able to sort it out over the phone.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Rhodi, we are here to help should you ever need it or if you what to verify RRP for parts. Glad to hear you are up and running.

Rod S

Rod SBendigo

Scared of deep end!

Excellent pool cleaner if you want only the middle of your pool cleaned. It would seem that it is scared of the deep end. I have footage of the robot heading towards the deep end, then getting scared and running back to the shallow end! Seems to spend 95% of its time going back and forth across the middle of the pool, just like a scared four-year-old! Not worth the cost, would have probably been happy if I'd paid about $200.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Didn't last 3 years

Date PurchasedMar 2014

great product

I have had my cleaner for two years now, purchased in the package with the new pool installation. Very happy with it. are they perfect no, do they clean every part of the pool not quite. It will not get into the tight corners of the steps. This thing is easy just drop in, turn on come back in 2-3 hours take out of pool and wash out the filter bag.
That's the bit you have to do yourself, bit like you still have to unpack the dishwasher :)
I may add that my pool is a rectangular in shape therefore has lots of flat surfaces, this may aid is effectiveness ?

The cons, cleaning the bag and the cost of the bags at around $60 each. My Filter bag has lasted two years

Date PurchasedSep 2014

TomBrisbane

A heap of rubbish

My pool builder supplied me with a Maytronics Swash. It is complete rubbish. It would only run for 10 minutes to 30 minutes maximum before stopping. Sometimes it would not work at all. Worst of all, Maytronics don't do service calls. I had to organise for my local pool shop to pick up and bring it to the Maytronics workshop. That's very poor service from Maytronics.

Tom

Thankyou. I will be in touch.

Brad

BradBrisbane

Doesnt clean all of pool

Seems to work, but only tracks along one side of the pool. This is a brand new cleaner. I would not purchase another dolphin cleaner. It just runs from shallow end to deep end along the wall the entire cycle. More efficent to manually clean the pool, at this stage i wish I had saved my hard earned coin.

MTAU A.Maytronics

Hi Brad, I know this follow is a long time after your review, but please let us know if you there is anything we can do to help.

Ron the plumber

Ron the plumberSydney

Don't waist your money

Unriliable it broke down in the first month,& the pool shop in forge st Blacktown were I purchased it from are not interested in my problem, they were happy to take $ 1700 from me but no after sales service.
The dolphin swash cleans my pool but missed the same spots every time no matter how I ajust it
It's a lot of money for a doggy product.

MTAU A.Maytronics

Hi Ron, I know this follow is a long time after your review, but please let us know if you there is anything we can do to help.

Sue

SueGold Coast

A great investment!

Jeremy

JeremyPerth

Is there 10 stars?

We purchased our Swash two years ago and it hasn't missed a beat. The pool always looks spotless after having the cleaner do its thing and its so easy to use. We purchased a second bag and rotate them between uses. We get a lot of leaves in our pool, and this cleaner does the job effortlessly. We have not had to replace a single part on it in the two years we have had it, unlike our old Barracuda which needed something replaced every six months. Well worth the money and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a reliable pool cleaner.
Low maintenance, easy to use, light and reasonably priced.
Nothing

fed up

fed upcondobolin

dolphin swash

the most terrible experience of a pool cleaner ever. i understand that all things need fixing. but the fix was as almost as much as the unit new - complete rubbish. the thing fell apart in the pool, had it sent off for repair, six months later it wouldnt work, sent it off again. too expensive to repair, in fact i haven't heard back from Maytronics.. terrible experience
nothing,
did not clean the entire pool, had to physically move it to the other end of the pool.

Nikki H.Maytronics

Can you please supply us with your name and phone number. Someone will be in contact with you immediately.

Rex B.

Rex B.asked

How long is the cycle and does it have a set travel pattern? Do all models have Bluetooth?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Thank you for your inquiry Rex. The following current models have Bluetooth / Smart Phone Application;
-M500 - 1.5/2.5/3.5
-S300i - 1.5/2.0/2.5 hours cycle time
-X40+ - 2 hour cycle time
Please do not hesitate to call our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 Option 2 if we can provide any further information. Kind Regards Dee.

Howard

The cycle time is about two hours

Tracy R.asked

I have a dolphin swash co. The power supply works fine..nothing is clogged, filter and propeller is clean. I had it on its side on the ground while cleaning it out with hose and my Pomeranian knocked it on its side(Not hard as she is small but I honestly don't know if it was on the side with the cord or not) and seems odd that it stopped working right afterwards?. After that well, the lights are all on but no go, poor thing just sits in the pool. Doesn't blow bubbles and doesn't move an inch. Do I need to replace the blue cord with the float? Where do I get a diy replacement? My in ground pool is 20x40. I love this cleaner and really want it to work again pls. Thank you. Tracy & Judd

Tracy R.

Supposed to say that i have a dolphin swish CL.. not co. Sorry

Tracy R.

Going to purchase upgrade tomorrow. Was hoping for a quick response. Think i will try one that lasts longer than 5 yrs and doesn't stop working when tipped on its side.

Howard

The blue lead can be changed and it is fairly straight forward. The leads vary ensure you order the right one. But before you change the lead check the output of the transformer (24v DC). If that is ok then check the swivel joint is in good order. This is where mine failed). Then you need to check the DC supply at the plug that goes into the machine. Most have a plug that is sealed against water. A simple volt meter check should check the machine has power. If there is power then it’s not the lead. The machine failing could be the in the sealed drive and circuit board. That would be expensive. The lead cost $400! It can be ordered directly from Maytronics.

Shimon Er

Shimon Erasked

My Swash CL get stuck at every edge of the pool and maintain at this positions for many minutes. If it happens at the corner of the poll it will stay there till the end of the program.
Any suggestion?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Shimon. When a robot gets stuck on the edge of a step or ledge, it may be due to these areas being too narrow for the robot to then climb back down. If this happens, gently guide the robot off from where it is stuck and it should be able to then manage on its own. Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2 for via reply email to customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance.

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives