Maytronics Dolphin X40 Plus

Maytronics Dolphin X40 Plus

Tangles constantly

When it works it’s great. However it only cleans half the pool. I’ve had it replaced. Same issue. The cleaner tangles itself up no matter what you do. Very poorly engineered. Ive done everything suggested - no difference. Sounds like many have the same problem.

April 2nd 2019 Update: Feedback from prev review

Hi
Customer service responded very quickly to my issues. They are now replacing the lead and adding a swivel. Cleaner itself is fine. Was only the tangling issue. Well done guys.

Purchased in January 2018.

Noise Level
Pool Size Small
Functionality
Small Debris Cleaning
Large Debris Cleaning
Wall and Step Cleaning
Hi David. Maintenance is required to assist in the minimisation of twisting and kinking of a robot's cable. Please contact us on 1300 693 657 or at customercareau@maytronics.com and we will look into this with you to understand in depth as to what you are experiencing. Thank you.

Best investment I made for our pool

I was considering various pool,cleaners for a new pool wemjusncommisionec in our back yard. I was having trouble cleaning the walls and waterline. I dicusscused this with Poolwerx’s Somerton Park Adelaide and they recommended the Dolphin X30 or X40. Initially, I was put off by the price compared to traditional suction cleaners. After some deliberation, I thought the price compared to the investment we put into the pool justified buying one. We decided on the X40 as it had a caddy and bluetooth connectivity.

Having had this now for a few months, I can say it’s the best investment I have made. I could not get the pool,as clean as the:X40,can. Just drop iitmin the pool,switch it on and let let it do its thing. Fantastic results. My wife wa dubious but she has now christened it Jawsmas it climbs the wall, surface and the cleans the waterline. That leaves me with time to do other things knowing Jaws will leave my pool sparkling clean.

Expensive but worth it. Also recommend Poolwerx Somerton Park for their no,pressure service and advice. Great shop.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Hi, if I buy an x40 can I get a swivel for the cord with it? Tks Giles
Hi Giles. The Dolphin X40+ cable does not come with the swivel feature. If you are seeking to have the swivel feature on the cable, a new cable would require to be purchased. Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2 for via reply email to customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance.

I live in Brisbane. Where may I purchase the Dolphin X40 Plus Robotic Pool Cleaned? Thank you.
Hi Hugh. We have several retailers in and around Brisbane that will be able to assist. If you could please contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2 or at customercareau@maytronics.com, we can locate a retailer via your postal code that is closest to your location. Have a great day.

The cable for my x40 is always in a tangle. Why is there no swivel on the cable? Each time we have to unplug the machine to untangle the cable it interrupts the program so the machine forgets when to operate the next clean cycle.
Hi Cherry. Thank you for your enquiry. The cable on the X40+ does not come with the swivel feature as standard. We do recommend, however, to only put as much cable in the pool water as is needed to reach all corners of the pool. The remaining cable should stay neatly rolled up on deck. We also recommend to straighten and lay the cable on the ground (in the sun if possible) once a week for 30 minutes before rolling it up and, if using the Dolphin caddy to store the unit and cable, circle the cable in big loops around the caddy hooks. The cable should never be rolled in tight circles. If the cable reaches from the caddy hooks to the middle of the Dolphin on the base, you have the proper size roll. Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 693 657, option 2 for further assistance.Thanks for your reply Maytronics A. We have a large pool, the X40 is used every day and it uses the full length of the cable to reach one end of the pool to the other. Every other day we have to lift the X40 out of the pool and have to untangle the cable, as it constantly twists in an anticlockwise direction, your point about having the cable shorter surely would just compound the problem, I feel that after only a couple of months, looking at the cable, by the time it is a year old, it will need a new one. We purchased a top of its range unit through our pool builder, and we were looking forward to being able to control it using an iPhone (why I chose this model) Unfortunately, this is not possible, as the app came with no functionality, and yet if I bought it from a local pool shop, the app would come will full functionality, why do you have different levels of app functionality, I specifically chose the top of the range model for this iPhone control, in addition unless I stand within 1 metre, or close to the unit, it will not link, this seems a bit pointless, by the time I’ve walked to the X40 I could just have switched it on by pressing the button. I am interested in your thoughts on this Thanks CherryHi Cherry. Please contact us on 1300 693 657 or at customercareau@maytronics.com so that we can discuss your enquiry with you in depth.