Maytronics Dolphin X40 Plus

Maytronics Dolphin X40 Plus

Tangles constantly

When it works it’s great. However it only cleans half the pool. I’ve had it replaced. Same issue. The cleaner tangles itself up no matter what you do. Very poorly engineered. Ive done everything suggested - no difference. Sounds like many have the same problem.

April 2nd 2019 Update: Feedback from prev review

Hi
Customer service responded very quickly to my issues. They are now replacing the lead and adding a swivel. Cleaner itself is fine. Was only the tangling issue. Well done guys.

Purchased in January 2018.

Noise Level
Pool Size Small
Functionality
Small Debris Cleaning
Large Debris Cleaning
Wall and Step Cleaning
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Best investment I made for our pool

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Shaunasked

Hi I just bought a dolphin X40 plus. And I was disappointed to find out that it is not compatible with my dolphin plus app. I was told by the shop that I bought it from that this was the top of the line model. Why is it not compatible with this app?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Shaun. The Dolphin X40+ is not compatible with the My Dolphin Plus app as this was designed for a newly launched robot. The Dolphin X40+, however, is compatible with the My Dolphin app. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or customercareau@maytronics.com for any further information.

Shaun

Thank you for your reply. Im aware that it is compatible with the my dolphin app. But that app is lacking in features. Basically all it does is allow you to turn the robot on or off. Cant even set a timer on that app. 1.9 out of 5 stars on the reviews on the App Store and it shows why. Some extra features are desperately needed on that app.

Judy H

Judy Hasked

What are the pros and cons of the M500 vs the M500 Liberty - attracted to the Liberty but concerned about need to take battery out and recharge after each use - does that make it more labour intensive?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Good Afternoon Judy, The M5 Liberty is recommend for pools that may have a number of features that the cable could potentially become entangled. Examples of this, water features, plants, pool bar and stools to name a few. The M500 is the best of the best. If you would like to go through the features please call 1300 693 657 Option 2 as we are happy to help. Kind Regards Dee on behalf of the Customer Care Team.

Ross JL

Ross JLasked

i am considering buying a S300i pool cleaner by maytronics, it seems the these models, X40 & S300i, are made by the same company only with different branding! my concerns are cable tangling, does the s300i have a swivel to avoid this and does the app and bluetooth actually work and from what distance?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Thank you for your enquiry Ross. The S300i and X40+ are exactly the same model and both manufactured by Maytronics. The S300i has a swivel but the X40+ does not. The blue-tooth option is via WiFi so you would need to be near your pool to utilise this feature. Kind Regards Dee, on behalf of the Maytronics Customer Care Team.

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives

CategoryRobotic Pool Cleaners