Mazda Dealers

Mazda Dealers

DavidMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

customer care line at mazda: False advertising one touch NO walkthrough

Manual page 2.16 and manual page 2.21

4.5
carconnect
carconnect

Customer safety is not important to Mazda Australia

I contacted Mazda a few weeks ago to report a sticky, very reflective melting dashboard in my Mazda 6. The reflection in the windscreen makes visibility difficult on bright sunny days creating a safety concern. Over 300,000 owners in the USA were notified of the issue and full replacement offered. In contrast, Mazda Australia are claiming that its not a manufacturing fault and are refusing to replace it. I have contacted them several times and they refuse to answer my questions and are very dismissive. Having been a loyal Mazda customer for over 35 years, I am really appalled by their attitude and total disregard for customer safety. Needless to say, I will not be purchasing another Mazda vehicle in Australia.

Mija K.

Mija K.South East Queensland, QLD

Mazda Australia very poor management and very disappointed

Mojtaba. Kh

Mojtaba. KhPerth, WA

Rockingham Mazda - Do not TRUST them at all.

Brett M.

Brett M.South East Queensland, QLD

Poor Customer Service, faulty products

So Last week the Service Manager at Tweed Coast Mazda called me yelling and shouting about my review, I stand by my words, and after asking him to call me back a week later he is still yet to do that, no surprise there as thats consistent with the whole claim process with both branch and Mazda Australia, just pathetic don't buy Mazda or anything from the Tweed Coast branch, I wouldn't trust them after my experience

Mandy

Mandy South East Queensland, QLD

Don't buy from Toowong Mazda

Store LocationToowong

Excellent customer service

Sales team at Mount Gravatt Mazda were fantastic and offered great customer service and didn't make us feel pressured into buying, but once we had decided to purchase, they made it easy and stress free. We looked at the car in the morning and picked it up the same afternoon.

Jarret

JarretMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

City Mazda Hindmarsh, Adelaide - Save yourself the drama and buy your car elsewhere!

Rajat R.

Rajat R.Sydney, NSW

Poor customer service

After my servicing at West End Mazda (North Parramatta, Sydney), I noticed scratch marks on my door handle. When I reported this, they said to bring over the car and they would paint it over. When I took the car to them, they said that the marks couldn't have been caused by them, and they had thought that the marks were in some other area of the door handle. If they had asked for a photo before commiting to paint over, at least I wouldn't have wasted my time in taking my car over to them.

Tom M

Mazda CX-9 2013 Grand Tourer

Peter Z

Peter ZSouth East Queensland, QLD

Mazda CX-5 diesel turbo 2012

Recalled for carbon deposit faults in engine / turbo and so on.
Too late, damage is already done thanks Mazda. I was initially told Mazda would come to the party then 2 days later my car is apparently too old. Case by case basis. Too bad mate.
Quote $8695. Gee thanks Mazda. I can buy a car for that but definitely not a Mazda

Aiva M.

Aiva M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Edwardstown Mazda

Recently took my parents BT50 in for a 'major' service. Three and a half hours later car is ready for pick up at a cost of $840. A few days later we hear a rattling sound and on taking it back we find out it will cost us another $850 to fix the problem. Had a lovely chat with the service manager and he kindly offered to look into reducing the cost considering we had just taken the car in for a 'major' service and the problem was not 'detected'. Let's just say Edwardstown Mazda are pretty chuffed about their $1700 windfall. Merry Christmas!

Paul Relia

Paul ReliaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor service warranty

Took my BT50 in for a service on the 4th of December in preparation for our holiday....by the 11th the doors wouldn't lock automatically and if locked manually the parking lights wouldn't turn off so have to leave my vehicle unlocked. The engine warning light is now on as well. Called Mazda Toowong to book it in but was told I have to wait 5 days before they will look it even though it is still under the service warranty....my pleas for assistance fell on deaf ears. I previously had generally had a good experience but unless this issue is rectified with priority I will have to reevaluate my position on Mazda cars...service and their lack of sympathy for their own errors.
I did not have the aforementioned issue prior to the service.

Brittany G

Brittany GMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible service!!!

DPC

DPCMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great service by Ming

We ordered a Mazda CX30 from Edwardstown Mazda in August. Ming our sales consultant sold the car to us. The car did not arrive until November and Ming rang us a few times to tell us where the car was and the expected delivery date. We collected the car on 16/11/20 and Ming went through every detail of the car again and what every button did. Ming is very professional, caring, informative and helpful. Thank you Ming

Carol Hutchison

Carol HutchisonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great car and wonderful service

Have just bought a CX5 Touring from Ringwood Mazda. The customer service from Grant Ephraims and the team at Ringwood Mazda was exceptional and professional. The car (new) is in pristine condition and drives like a charm. I thoroughly recommend the team for your Mazda driving needs.
Carol Hutchison

Darren

DarrenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

2020 BT50 Manual Dual Cab

• +4Thumbnail

Torque converter died at 89,000km

2012 BT50. Torque converter shredded itself at 89,000km and threw metal through the gearbox. Mazda service centre unable to diagnose. $10k fix either complete gearbox rebuild or new unit. Mazda Australia refused to assist, believing its reasonable that their gearboxes fail at 90,000km. Really surprised they don’t have more class actions against them.

Stanasked

How did Mazda Australia or the dealership resolve those issues? Did anyone successful get a refund on the grounds of major fault of the Australian consumer Law?

Brad W
Brad W

Hey Stan,
Unfortunately MAZDA Australia is dragging their feet.
I have a case manager who is less than helpful and have unfortunately needed to seek legal advice due to their lack of action.

MAZDA Australia have inspected the vehicle and I’ll include an extract of their email.

“We advise that the FTS completed an inspection of the vehicle which included a road test and no abnormalities were found during this inspection. The FTS did however record the following:

LHR seatbelt does not always retract properly. Recommend belt to be replaced.
Osram 60 Watt HB3 Bulbs fitted to High Beam headlamp, GE Brand 55 Watt H11 fitted to vehicle Low Beam headlamp. These are aftermarket headlamps with correct specification for vehicle, but they are not OEM fitment.”

I have contacted my local Dealership and have scheduled a full day with an out of town dealership for them to assist me as the local dealership is in my opinion doing little to nothing to assist or resolve the issue.

I have also recently had additional issues that were brought to the attention of my local dealership within the last week and were agreed to be an issue however, were dismissed a matter of minutes later being “normal operation” without a formal inspection taking place.

If you choose to buy a MAZDA, keep in mind what I have indicated when things go wrong.

Thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately I have already gone down that road of buying a Mazda. I'm currently dealing with multiple electronic failures that comes up randomly and sometimes causing power steering and other safety features to lose functionality while driving. I have asked for a refund last year, but they blamed it on a 3rd party dashcam. However since then, they have disconnected the dashcam but the issue still came back. I have asked for a full refund but I do not think I will get a straight answer that they have transferred the money to my bank account.

Maria

Mariaasked

I have a 2014 Mazda CX-5 diesel AWD, I paid $942 for 4 new tyres at 60,000kms, had my car serviced today at 94,000kms and have been told the tyres are unroadworthy, how is that possible after 34,000 kms, I’m a female and take it very easy and mainly drive just around town. Has anybody else had to replace their tyres this often? Is this due to them not being rotated at every 10,000km service?

ben dover
ben dover

sounds like they are trying to make money out of you. Take your car elsewhere

Micky Mykiasked

I asked a 2015 Plate Mazda at Werribee Mazda. and in fact, they give me a 2014 made year and 2014 compliance certificate car. the 2015 plate was written on contract. I realised it after I drove the 2014 car for 2 years. It was my first car! what do I do? This evil car dealer.

John Belshaw
John Belshaw

Rebecca, I suppose that it's 'caveat emptor' in your case.

What did you mean when you said 'plate'. How they took it, deliberately or otherwise, your request for a certain dated plate could have been interpreted as being first registered in that year. There are many, if not all, cars - not just Mazda vehicles - sell well into the year after its build date, particularly if there has been no change in the model and sales are slow. It doesn't make them worse cars and shouldn't, in theory, bother a buyer when you decide to change yours - at least to buyers who know what they're doing.

When it comes to selling the car, Rebecca, anyone worth their salt will have done a bit of research on the car they desire to purchase. By doing that they will have found that a particular build date, say, week 50 of 2014 was no different to that built on say, week 20 of 2015, and thus concentrate on the condition of the vehicle. Anyone fancying buying a 2015 car that is identical to a 2014 car but is showing evidence of harsh usage and poor maintenance is just being silly.

Keep a record of your services and keep a log book. Any discerning buyer will be interested and swayed by those.

Don't worry, be happy.

Cheers,
John

Micky Myki

Thank John for your time and explanation.

Victor
Victor

Hi Rebecca,
It's common some cars are 2014 built although 2015 compliance. It would be good note for yourself in the future that you ask specifically for a 2015 built vehicle.

In the event that you signed the original contract for a new car, you would notice it doesn't have any VIN number or Engine number along with built and compliance details.

It is always a good to ask if car is in stock or ETA of delivery. If the vehicle is in Australia request to have details up front before going into the dealer and signing delivery.

Also note if your purchasing a new vehicle generally first quarter of the year, you don't always get the same year built vehicle.

In the future if you were to sell/trade the car, of course the year of the vehicle contributes to the price and along with condition, maintaince etc...