4Mazda Tribute

4.3
Comfort
Features
3.7
Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.

Johnny O

if you take care of car ...is it a good car ? Show details
Monica
MonicaSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Loved my 2004 Mazda tribute but it let me down

Had my 2004 Mazda tribute for approximately 2 years, bought it privately, I was very happy and loved it until the timing chain went. The mechanic put that on and the car hasn't been the same since. The engine light is on and lacking in power and running rough. The mechanic made sure he did it right then went over the car and has no idea what the issue is. An auto electrician tested it and said the wiring in it is fine.
Now it just sits in the back yard. Very disappointed. Show details
Overall
Performance
Design
Klauswitz
KlauswitzNortheast, VIC4 posts

phsycoangel
phsycoangelCentral Queensland, QLD19 posts

Nice SUV

Fuel gauge a bit hard to understand, services at dealership is expensive, starter motor replace is very expensive due to having to remove part of the front end. lots of room inside. great power to weight ratio. V6 has less problems then the 4cyl. Fixed failures have been small level in gear stick that broke and failed stereo but overall a pretty good vehicle for everyday use and for wet weather dirt road use.

Brad
BradNewcastle31 posts

An expensive little car to service

This was an expensive car to service. Looking at our annual budget, we ended up spending $1000 every year on services and engine repairs (not including tyres and minor services). It had a small boot. Fuel economy was poor. There is a known problem with the Tributes towing a heavy trailer on the highway - the transmission will over-heat. This happened to me, and the mechanic said that he had seen over 100 of the same breakdowns like mine on the highway.

tom
tomsydney12 posts

sw
sw9 posts

Would not buy another mazda tribute

I bought my automatic mazda 2003 tribute in may 2016 was ok for the first two months and then thats when the problems started. The interior was clean has alot of room but the bad thing about it the backseat head rests were missing then the car started overheating so i had to replace the thermostat, radiator, waterpump, and a belt then to be told there's a leak When it heavy rains water leaks through the doors replaced the battery as well. Purchased the tribute for $6990 second hand was told it was a good car and ive only had it for 5 months now the car won't start. Will not be buying another mazda tribute.

my mazda sucks
my mazda sucks

Robby
RobbyThe Mallee, VIC5 posts

Love it!

Fairly recently bought a 2001 2.0 litre manual Tribute. Its in excellent condition with 150,000km. Apart from one rear door lock not working, everything works as it should. I'm getting excellent fuel economy and even towing a caravan I still get 14 litres per 100km. Not towing it is usually in the 8 to 9 liters per 100km range. Performance is not exciting, with slow acceleration, but maintains its speed well enough, even towing. Its ride and handling are really good. I like the tail gate arrangement and roomy interior. Its off road capabilities are better than I would have expected. A lot better than a Rav4 with better fuel economy but obviously not in the same class as full chassis 4x4s like land cruisers etc. Very happy so far.

roon
roonAU30 posts

Sally79
Sally79

Great car. Great size. Very Reliable

I brought my 2003 Mazda tribute 5 years ago & it has been a great car. It's the perfect size for our family & 2 dogs & we regularly take it to the beach. Tows the loaded up boat & trailer no worries. Have had to replace the alternator & coils but for a car of this age of course things are going to wear out & need replacing. I find it good on fuel, only filling up once a fortnight.

Dave DJR96
Dave DJR96Beerwah21 posts

Eddie K
Eddie KSouth East Queensland, QLD11 posts

Excellent!

I have a 2004 Mazda Tribute with the 2.3 litre 4 cylinder engine which I've owned for 9 years and done the majority of the k's of highway driving and city stuff. Great fuel economy and so much room yet doesn't feel like a big suv. Have done over 280k and motor still excellent and uses no oil! Well made with tough trim and good fit / finish. Would recommend the 2.3 (4 cylinder)...haven't seen many around as they're mostly 6's.
Fuel economy, looks, build quality, load space, great engine!
Should've had a middle lap sash seat belt in back and rear disc brakes. Show details
mark
mark44 posts

Elijah T.

Hello, can anyone assist me how to go about this electric fan for Mazda Tribute V6 3.0 2001-2006 model wiring harness. I tried putting in new alternator plus new starter motor and even put new radiator but still having a hard start issues and also put in new fuse's but cracking only and not starting. Thank you!

Elijah T.

How to diagnose a Mazda Tribute V6 3.0 engine 2001 - 2006 model electric wiring harness?

Alonzo B.
Alonzo B.

My Mazda Tribute overheated last week...I changed the thermostat...now it will not start. Tested battery...full on charge...switched out starter...still will not start. Battery light continues to stay on while attempting to start.
No crank...no sounds of attempting to start. Any ideas of what could be the problem? Only thing left is to take out the alternator and get it tested...but just put one in just 8 months ago. Even try to reset the theft lock module. Still no go. Any ideas...before I take out the alternator for testing.

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.