McGrath

1.5

John holmes

John holmesSydney, NSW

Gangsters do not use

Gangsters. They will try to keep your bond. Absolute joke of a company, especially the non educated real estate agents who try to manipulate your words, by only calling and not responding to emails.... because an email would be evidence against their non existent Property and people management skills. Please think carefully before using.

Investor

InvestorSydney, NSW

Best Real Estate Sales Agent - Anne Stone (McGrath Bowral)

Anne Stone was the selling agent of my property and I always found Anne to be extremely professional, knowledgeable, approachable, enthusiastic and genuine. Anne had many adversities such as fires and COVID-19 to deal with during the process of finding a buyer for my property but dealt with them all, remained positive, focused and persevered until the property was sold. Anne made the process seamless for us and communicated regularly. Lots of agents promise the world but don't come through with their commitments once they have your listing, which we experienced first hand, but Anne delivered on her promises. I highly and unreservedly recommend Anne Stone and McGrath Bowral to anyone looking to sell their property.

Vera

VeraSydney, NSW

Same old

All the usual: upon vacating the property inventing damages to try and keep the bond, nitpicking on cleaning (some of the outlined problems were leaving a bunch of hangers in a cupboard and a tiny piece of sticky tape on the floor). Very poor communication upon vacating the property.

The agent/landlord tried to unreasonably increase the rent half a year after the start of the contract (the original explanation for a 6-month lease given to us by the agent was that the landlord was scared to rent long term for the first time, not that they were planning to manipulate us into paying a higher rent). The agent haggled with me for ages, even though I gave firm conditions in response to that request.

Find out how McGrath compares to other Real Estate Agents

Disgusting people who mock the disabled

The people in this office are horrible. They are cruel to disabled tenants behind their backs, they have a terrible attitude towards their staff and they are arrogant. I wouldn’t recommend them to my worst enemy

Ebony

EbonyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They suck

Erin

ErinSydney

Poor real estate conduct Sutherland Shire

Andr3a

Andr3aSydney, NSW

Reduction in rent relating to Corona virus impacts

Facts are the details from accountants showing a huge reduction in jobs affecting our business were unfairly rejected, no negotiation or support from chloe or the landlord! Govt direction ignored

Bill Basha - An outstanding property manager one of the very best

Skye

SkyeSouth East Queensland, QLD

If I could do zero stars I would

Moved into our rental through McGrath and it was absolutely filthy. Infested with cockroaches like you wouldn't believe it's been an absolute nightmare. Getting the en entry report from the property manager took us over a month and that was only because my partner contacted the area manager and even then it was because she told him we didn't have smoke alarms yet and because they could get fined it got a move on with a couple of things. We can't wait for our lease to end already. Hopefully we get our bond back coz I'm planning on leaving the place how we found it. Well even without us doing a major bond clean it'll still end up cleaner than how we got it though.

Salman siddiquie

Salman siddiquieSydney, NSW

5 star service

Due to ongoing coronavirus. I was not able to move to my new rental property. I explained this to my agent Bill Basha. He helped me cancel my agreement and get my refund. Thank you for the amazing service. Highly recommended !!!

Michael

MichaelNSW, 2000

McGrath Sutherland Shire

Absolutely non - existent communication and customer service skills. I would not recommend the property manager, completely unhelpful. I'm not writing any further as I've wasted enough time dealing with these idiots, Stay away.

McGrath manly

Be careful using the manly office Tim Cullen will try to gazump you he’s well known for his shady tactics so be carful ! He tried his best to milk us out of 10k extra but luckily didn’t succeed

Sharon

SharonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Be careful!!

be careful when signing a contract. During my campaign it was a nightmare. Day of sale a nightmare. I had the auctioneer during the week demanding my reserve and I didn’t give it until the day, I felt bullied on the day when they said we are not coming back in to degioate. I told the owner of McGrath and all staff to go back out there. My reserve was met only under my instructions as they were dictating to me.

Jane

JaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bully salesman tactics designed to extract private contact details for marketing purposes

Nicky

NickySouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Rental Agents

Steve

SteveSydney, NSW

Beware of the fine print

I put my property up for auction with McGrath Real Estate Top Ryde. There was a lot of interest and 3 weeks before the auction the agent came to me and told there was an offer for 650k. it was around what we expected so we took it. later I found that there had been a verbal offer for 680k with the buyer needing to check if dogs were allowed before submitting a written offer. I was not made aware of this offer and took the 650k. I found out about the higher offer when the buyer who missed out contacted Dept of Fair Trading who contacted me. The agent said that he didn't pass on bid because it was not in writing which is in the agreement everyone must sign. if this in your agreement then make sure it is taken out before you sign.

Cranky Alice

Cranky AliceHunter Region, NSW

McGrath Real Estate Mollymook - money to spend and they can’t be bothered to contact me!

I sent an email to the listed agent a few days ago seeking information. No one has been bothered to get back to me. Called the office today and it was all too hard to leave a message. I’ve got money in the bank to spend!!! Appalling service. If you are a seller don’t touch these agents. Judging by previous reviewers no service is an issue across the board.

Tara

Tara

Very disappointed

I was told over the phone that they had 15 potential buyers to look through my apartment then they made up a lie saying they can no longer show these people through unless I pay for marketing. I dont like being lied to and played.

Faina S

Faina SSydney, NSW

Unpleasant experience

Very unpleasant experience in selling our investment property. False expectations of the selling price, bullying during negotiations, holding up deposit after the settlement. Unethical and unprofessional. Will be advising all our family and friends to give them a miss.

John F

John FGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Inaccurate price guide and dishonest

Nothappyasked

Our tenancy was set up as Direct Debit rental payments. Everything was fine for 3 and a half years then, “someone changed something in our system so your payments were changed from weekly to once every 4 months”
We’ve now been given a Notice to Leave for rent arrears.

Nothappy

Oh! QCAT dismissed the case due to yet another error from McGrath. McGrath Property Management has no idea how to operate. Ripping off tenants and owners alike.

Pelimuffy24

Pelimuffy24asked

Why cant the agents call you in regards to viewing a place????

Phill P

Phill Pasked

Can anyone tell me if it s legal for the first two weeks rent to be held and not use as rent for the first two weeks. I am renting a flat in Queensland and McGraths have told me it is, they wrote it in the lease and I signed but believe I don’t have to follow the requirements as the 2 weeks are not a legal requirement. Please advise if you know anything about this matter.
powergo98@hotmail.com
The principal at the McGraths behaved like an absolute dictator and I wish I had never signed a lease with this office. Something is really wrong!

Get an answer from our members and McGrath representatives