McGrath

McGrath

See the Best Real Estate Agents in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

gmbrown2

gmbrown2Sydney, NSW

Very Poor Customer Service

As a landlord, I have been charged a $33 fee for the issue of an annual tax statement which was never requested, nor required as I keep personal records. I have spoken to several people and been promised a refund of this amount numerous times but several months later this refund has never transpired. On occasions when my tenants have requested maintenance, the company has contacted me several times in relation to the same issue when a go-ahead has already been given at the initial contact. Really quite poor!

Hard working and prompt in response. Easy to communicate and work with.

Hard working and prompt in response. Easy to communicate and work with. Respectful and kind, very helpful and very understanding. Honest and professional with high working ethics. I appreciate Julie excellence

SamSydney, NSW

Not genuine price guides

Tom.o

Tom.oHunter Region, NSW

Mcgrath Hunter Valley

Horrible communication and customer relation skills. Was commited to a sale subject to finance which we had done through their chosen mortgage broker. Followed step by step instructions as per the realtor including paying for building and pest inspections only to have the property sold from underneath us less then a week away from having the finance sorted. The realtor avoided all communications during the process including not returning phone calls and not replying to various messages in relation to the property. Worst customer experience of my life and a waste of money.

Jay

JaySydney, NSW

I caught them committing fraud (with video evidence).

Mike Escher

Mike EscherGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

McGrath Real Estate Lower North Shore Sydney

Found Gareth at this agency to be very professional. Recently looking for an investment property and found all their listings had full details, copies of contracts, building reports and Strata reports where appropriate. Agent has been pro active in finding properties for me and stayed in contact advising price ranges etc. A shining light compared to some of the other cowboys in this industry.
Highly recommended.

Bad service.. never answer the phone

very Bad service.. they never answer the phone..even the office always going to answering machine. they take forever to fix anything let alone to get a call back .. i will never rent from place they manage

Find someone else to 'manage' your investment rental house.

$6,700 and more reasons to avoid Mc Grath Blackburn like the plague

Carla

CarlaSydney

Lost the sale because of greedy, cocky agents

Kawaii chan M.

They don't care

Kim

KimSydney, NSW

Dishonest and Unprofessional

I expressed my interest in a rental, I called, emailed and sms the agent and asked for a private viewing to be set up as the home was exactly what I was looking for and I was desperate to move. The only reply I got was to say a viewing was not yet arranged and that the agent would be in touch when one was set up. The very next day I got another email to say that the house had been filled. Firstly, the place was on the market for a day, secondly if they had a prospect lined up why didn't they just say! There is no honesty or integrity, what do people have to do walk directly into the agency and demand to see the place? SO UNPROFESSIONAL!

Edouard

EdouardSydney, NSW

MC grath Hunter Hill The worst experience with a real estate agency ever

McGrath St Kilda - Jesse Jones

Just had the worst experience with a real estate agent in a while. Jesse Jones was deceitful and dishonest. I would never deal with him again and would strongly not recommend him to anyone

McGrath Hunters Hill - Horrible staff

Dealing with the 2 lady property managers was a nightmare . Repeated maintainance requests ignored, unannounced property inspections and their emergency tradesman contacts are dodgy to say the least! The elderly property manager who calls herself the ‘senior property manager’ seems to think being condesending and belittling people is how you speak to tenants. Also she repeatedly ignored our request for a joint final inspection only to conduct it at 5am!! I’m fairly sure that isn’t allowed by law! Also many positive reviews on Google are not legitimate. The property managers have asked their friends on their social media accounts to write fake positive reviews. Pathetic.

Qvm

QvmGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

BAD AND DISAPPOINTED

They keep calling several times without concern if I am busy. Meanwhile, They also keep calling my landlord and bother her. My landlord even told me this agent is so unprofessional and ask several silly questions. Why they cannot email me first instead of calling me in the early morning during my exam. So disappointed. I will ever never use this agent anymore.

Electrical faults

Electrical faultsVermont

Dishonest at best

Mcgrath box hill and Blackburn both knew of electrical faults and appliances not working in the property they rented and continue to do and also trying to sell. Dishonest, unsafe.

Tth

TthSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very very bad property magement

MelN

MelN

Cold agents only focused on the $$$

Due to unforeseen circumstances (me having to travel overseas to care for my dying mother) I had to pull out of the purchase of a unit I had signed a contract on, the agent Cayle from McGrath in Wilson was cold, unfeeling and extremely rude.
I would never approach this agent for the sale of any of my properties.

Pelimuffy24

Pelimuffy24asked

Why cant the agents call you in regards to viewing a place????

Phill P

Phill Pasked

Can anyone tell me if it s legal for the first two weeks rent to be held and not use as rent for the first two weeks. I am renting a flat in Queensland and McGraths have told me it is, they wrote it in the lease and I signed but believe I don’t have to follow the requirements as the 2 weeks are not a legal requirement. Please advise if you know anything about this matter.
powergo98@hotmail.com
The principal at the McGraths behaved like an absolute dictator and I wish I had never signed a lease with this office. Something is really wrong!

Andrea

Andreaasked

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had trouble getting their bond back from Ballina McGrath when you have done all the cleaning Yourself (except carpets). We moved to the area for 1 year from Townsville and was warned by many not to go through McGrath. But they really only had the places we were looking for. So really stressing that I am going to spend a week scrubbing walls and cleaning everything to be told they are taking our bond. When the house wasn't even clean when we moved in.

Leon
Leon

The best thing is to go tribunal with them. You should have photo the condition at the beginning. However that is too late so try your best to clean as much as you could or use their recommended cleaner to avoid hassle . If you want full bond back thats nearly impossible. If they take more than 1 week rent from you then definitely going tribunal with them. Normally the judge lean towards the tenant. Remember to be polite and show how reasonable you are in the court and you will win!

Blondie-ness
Blondie-ness

I agree with Leon, the Tribunal is the next step and NSW Tenancy Hotline can give advise for preparation. Normal wear and tear in a tenanted property is normal. Real Estates rely on you not taking it to the Tribunal. My experience in July 2016 was with a Sydney McGrath. I ran into the Owner, who knew nothing of what I had been through with the agent. She ended up terminating them and leasing with another agent. They lied, tried to blame me for pre-existing damage and never fixed anything I brought to their attention. I left the apartment cleaner than when I came into it. Photos don't show the marks, stains and damage clearly. Prepare your documents well and use the Tribunal to get your matter dealt with. Also have a witness to the condition of the property other than yourself. Don't let them take your bond if they are not justified.

Jocelyn
Jocelyn

I am having a similar problem with McGraths in Qld. Having rented a property for near 15 years, they want me to repaint walls in kitchen and toilet as marked and about 6 picture hook holes which were filled but not good enough according to them to repaint over also pay $400 to cut down Palm Trees I didn't plant and the list goes on. The owner often visited the property up to 11 years ago when it was with PRD (3 years) and Ray White (8 years) but McGraths told him not to do any maintenance or visit anymore as that is what the agent is for. Now when we try to claim bond back they come up with all these excuses. I have spoken to RTA many times since 1st Sept when I handed keys in after giving 3 weeks notice to vacate as rent goes up and maintenance goes down, they were to inspect house on 2nd but didn't go there until 5th. RTA said trees are owners responsibility and after this long term rental property would need repainting anyway. I have rented 10 other properties over the last 43 years and never once lost so much as $1 from my bond. This is now in dispute with RTA as agent never gave back update exit condition report and have not to date given anything in writing regarding what was being claimed (I only found out the particulars from RTA), so McGraths are in breach as they had to do this within 3 days of vacating. They also lodged in claim unpaid water bill yet this wasn't read until 6th Sept and legally have to give 30 days to pay even on final bill, the account reads to pay by 29th Sept yet in bond claim this was disputed on 21st Sept. So again they have lied.
Never again would I have any dealings with McGraths, located anywhere in Australia and I wouldn't recommend a owner or renter to go thru them if there is a choice of another agent. All the reviews here speak for themselves.
Now agent phoned me yesterday they want me to come into office to discuss this as they don't want it to go thru tribunal, well guess what, NO WAY. I have the RTA support and recommendations in this matter.
They will have to fight me for my bond and no way is the owner going to get my bond to paint his house and lop his trees when he would have to do this anyway.
Cream carpets in 45 year old house are over 20 years old perhaps as old as house, yet we got them professionally cleaned every year.
I can understand if this place was rented for 1 year, 5 years but 15 years, you cant make an old place look like new. It hadn't been cleaned when I moved in but was completely cleaned when I moved out. Back in early 2000s I didn't possess a computer and camera films were expensive to process so photos were limited unlike today where agents and renters can take 100s.
Entry condition report states walls, carpets etc badly marked and stained. Window screens needed remeshing as had holes. I rescreened every one of them prior to moving to ensure house was up to standard. Rent was paid on time or before time week after week, never late, never a breach for anything. Water was always paid on time as well, yet agents seem to look after scum renters and abuse good renters. Well guess what McGraths thank god you are no longer my agent. I love my brand new home and thank god no longer in the termite ridden 45 year old house that kept making me ill and that landlord was too stingy to get treated or do repairs.

Get an answer from our members and McGrath representatives

CategoryReal Estate Agents