95% · 200%

HomeSpun
HomeSpunCentral West, NSW

Awesome! Depend on it!

Very useful for quenching thirst, great refreshing taste! Conveniently made up the water, easy to travel with. Love it! Show details
Mark Stevens
Mark Stevens3 posts

Took me back to my childhood just as I remember it being all those years ago

When I noticed this on the shelf at the shop, I immediately wondered if it would still be as refreshing as I remember it being. Well what a pleasant surprise it fizzed up when added to the cold water, as I lifted the glass to my mouth those tiny little effervescent bubbles tickled my nose and that lemon flavor hit my taste buds. I sat there feeling quite refreshed and then realized it was also having that calming effect on my stomach. I be making sure that there is tin of this saline in the pantry. Show details
Fiona
FionaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

Live it! Grew up with it. Coles stock it!!!

I was at coles one day looking at hydralite products when I came across this old favourite so I grabbed a tin. $7.50! A bargain compared to hydralite products as I wanted something to help with dehydration after exercise. From memory, it used to be called Fruit Saline. Show details
Brettash W.New South Wales7 posts

Did this drink use to be called Parsons Fruit Saline ????????

Did this drink use to be called Parsons Fruit Saline ????????
Love it we were brought up on this as kids
Please make it easier to purchase please
And who stocks it these days
If it’s been re named what’s its new name ?
 Show reply
Ron
RonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC12 posts

Fruit Saline since I was a kid

Saline is the only drink I know that quenches your thirst when nothing else will. I have been drinking it for 60 odd years, learned from my wonderful parents who enjoyed it.

Chubfun
ChubfunLogan15 posts

Love it but hard to find!

Love this product. It is the best effervescent refreshing drink on the market in my opinion. Unfortunately it is extremely hard to find on the shelf. I drove around to all IGA and Foodworks I know and managed to get 4 tins then I went on line and purchased 6 tins interstate and paid the postage because I wanted the product so much. I have asked shops to stock it and they said they would try. wait and see!!

Deb
Deb2 posts

Less refreshment than I expected:

After finally tracking this old favorite down at IGA, I discover that the packaging has been significantly downsized to 300g

KAS
KAS2 posts

Best ever liquid refreshment for summer

I also am having a hard time locating where to buy this product, which is frustrating because I love it - great for a hot summer day.

Approached Mckenzies in Australia about buying it directly - their response is that they do not sell direct to the public. But it is apparently sold at Foodworks, Spar, IGA (some only - our local IGA does not stock it).

Peter A
Peter A7 posts

Great Refreshment

Very effective in rehydration. Disappointing that it's so hard to find these days. Much better than other sports drinks and less expensive.

jaxxz
jaxxz

375 g to 300 g

another company makes a change for profit with out saying a thing ... beer and others... its a refreshing drink ...

Sue
Sue2 posts

Lactic acid buffer

I am having a hard time finding stores that stock this great product. Best used to rehydrate and as a lactic acid buffer to reduce cramps and muscle sore as a result of dehydration when working out or execercising. Much preferred option to more expensive highly coloured, sugar and salt solutions.

ANDREW
ANDREW2 posts

A Lifetime Of Drinking It

Always had this around as long as I can remember ( I'm now 65 ) great pick-me-up hot day drink and I also mix any flavour cordial -400ml in total with 4 teaspoons of wards, let it go flat, and then pour two trays of small ice cubes -- doesn't go rock hard like normal ice cubes and is divine !!!!!

Maree w
Maree w

LOVE FRUIT SALINE

Mum Always had it in her kitchen cupboard. We all loved it Anytime.. PLEASE DON'..T stop making it. ! Refreshing Drink .

Dan
Dan2 posts

Great quick fix

Great for thirst and if you are felling a little off on those very hot days. Drink quickly while still fizzy to get the best results - I have it after mowing the lawn too as a pick-me-up. I started on it when I was a little kid because my grandmother always kept some in her kitchen up in the Pilliga.

Country man15 posts