Medela Freestyle

• Comfort
Helen

HelenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great pump!

I had to invest in a pump when I had my Bub at 26 + 5. I’ve had to pump 8 times a day for the last three months while she was in the NICU. We also live over an hour from the hospital so the fact I can do this in the car while my husband drives is fantastic.
The pump has been great, battery lasts and portability was a must. The only thing I would say is the strength could be better, but that is comparing it to the hospital ones which isn’t really fair.

Purchased in June 2020 at Baby Bunting.

Mrs R

Mrs RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent product!

I love the freestyle! Has really helped me with my breastfeeding journey. The freestyle is super comfortable and easy to use, easy to transport. The freestyle has been excellent in keeping my milk flowing. I have used this everyday at least 3 times a day the motor/battery has never skipped a beat.

Purchased in May 2017 at eBay for $200.00.

Review collected in partnership with Medela

Great to keep milk supply going

Kept milk flow going while baby was away for a week. I pump instead of direct breastfeeding so use pump up to 6x a day. Great pump to use for all the expression. Also easy to travel with. Comes with handy bag and cooler
Only downside is to clean and dry all the seperate parts after every use which takes a little bit of time to do it good.
Overall definitely worth the money and life safer for us.

Medela A.Medela

Hi Kristen, thank you so much for taking the time to review our Freestyle pump. We are so happy that it has helped you on your breastfeeding journey.

Best Wishes,
Natasha

Review collected in partnership with Medela

Kate

Kate

Great breast pump, worth the price tag

Purchased at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Naomi

Naomi

Never let me down

Worth every cent.
Pumped every 3 hours for about 2 weeks and then quite regularly for another 4 weeks.

Hand washed and steralised after every use.

Pumping was effective and thought it was more effective than the hospital grade pump

Peeb

PeebPerth, WA

Great pump!!!

The pump is comfortable and effective and does the job well. It is easy to operate and the programming feature makes it easier as I don't have to select the function every time. I have been using the breast pump on a daily basis and few times a day. A great little pump that doesn't need to be plugged in to the wall. Has been a life saver as a new mom.

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Bunting for $389.00.

Anne

Anne

Overrated for the price you’re paying

Jess

JessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can not say enough good things about this pump

I love this machine!

I love you can express both boobs at once, super convenient. You can adjust the suction to what suits you.

What I hand pumped in 4 hours I got in 30 mins! Well worth the money.

Easy to clean and sterilise.

The only thing i would complain about is the noise but I’d still buy and recommend it 100%

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $389.00.

SJE

SJE

Great pump for home use

I have used the Medela Freestyle pump for both of my babies and have had excellent results. It is very simple to use and gentle but still gets ample milk, making expressing a stress free experience. Highly recommend this to anyone looking for a pump.

Purchased in November 2017 for $350.00.

Horrible expensive useless

Breast pump shut give comfort. This crap product gives me stress nothing else. Sometimes it works amazing, mostly not working at all. Every part it seems to be ok but when it comes to pump is not pumping with means it leaves you with full painful breasts

Purchased in November 2016 for $414.00.

Kirsten S.

Kirsten S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love it!

I use this everyday and can honestly say it is one of the best things I have ever bought. This has been an absolute life saver for me and I have recommended it to many others who have been looking for a good pump

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting for $300.00.

Hi Kristen
Thank you very much for your review and your recommendations. It is always a pleasure to hear from a happy customer that goes to the trouble of writing such a positive review.
Kind regards
Pauline

Liv

Liv

Easy to use pump

I have used the freestyle double pump and found it to be effective. I was glad to have the double to make it more time efficient. It is easy to operate and stores in a nice bag.

Purchased in March 2019 at Baby Bunting for $398.00.

SStrac

SStracGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great for a busy on the go mum like me

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby Bunting for $379.00.

Charles C.

Charles C.Sydney, NSW

Great for busy moms

Purchased in April 2019.

Salena B.

Salena B.Hunter Region, NSW

Gentle and easy to use

Great little pump held its charge really well and was easy to use and gentle. Great for being able to move around and do things when pumping with the use of a pumping bra of course.

Purchased in December 2018.

Not reliable.

When the pump works it works really well. However the connectors are very finicky and regularly don’t work. I frequently have to pump only on one side as the connectors often lose their suction and have to be put back together again. Quite frustrating when you’re trying to pump late at night and you’re time poor

Purchased in December 2018 at Baby Bunting for $400.00.

LydiaPerth, WA

Broken connector, poor suction

Purchased in December 2018 at Baby Bunting for $450.00.

Nat

NatSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of money, time and stress a new mum doesn’t need

What an absolute waste of money. Purchased this and had issues with it since day one. It’s almost like the pump isn’t strong enough to get the double effect and I would have to pump separately. It then got to the point where I would get more with a manual pump and absolutely nothing, NOTHING with the pump, even individually. I would swap all pars around, wash and dry correctly. It was so temperamental and unpredictable. For someone who was exclusively expressing to feed bub it was the last thing I needed.

Purchased in December 2018 for $400.00.

Emily

EmilyHunter Region, NSW

Double pumping not working!!!

Purchased in September 2018 for $400.00.

Pauline T.Medela
Joe

JoeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great product mega expensive to maintain

We bought a freestyle breat pump from babybunting about 1.5years ago. It is a great pump however, now shows a battery sign on screen. Called medela said buy a battery for 150$ read online pump failure faults same symbol so now to repair or swap mega $$$. Not happy so far is very hard to make a decision on what to do. Only works plugged into the power outlet. Now I am considering buying the Spectra since all I hear is good stuff and cheaper price. Hopefully medela costumer care will help me change my mind.

Pauline T.Medela