Medela Freestyle

• Suction
  • Comfort
Sarah C.
Sarah C.Sydney, NSW

Not great for single breast pumping.

Purchased in November 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $349.00.

Helen
HelenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great pump!

I had to invest in a pump when I had my Bub at 26 + 5. I’ve had to pump 8 times a day for the last three months while she was in the NICU. We also live over an hour from the hospital so the fact I can do this in the car while my husband drives is fantastic.
The pump has been great, battery lasts and portability was a must. The only thing I would say is the strength could be better, but that is comparing it to the hospital ones which isn’t really fair.

Purchased in June 2020 at Baby Bunting.

Mrs R
Mrs RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent product!

I love the freestyle! Has really helped me with my breastfeeding journey. The freestyle is super comfortable and easy to use, easy to transport. The freestyle has been excellent in keeping my milk flowing. I have used this everyday at least 3 times a day the motor/battery has never skipped a beat.

Purchased in May 2017 at eBay for $200.00.

Review collected in partnership with Medela

Find out how Medela Freestyle compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

Great to keep milk supply going

Kept milk flow going while baby was away for a week. I pump instead of direct breastfeeding so use pump up to 6x a day. Great pump to use for all the expression. Also easy to travel with. Comes with handy bag and cooler
Only downside is to clean and dry all the seperate parts after every use which takes a little bit of time to do it good.
Overall definitely worth the money and life safer for us.

Medela A.Medela

Hi Kristen, thank you so much for taking the time to review our Freestyle pump. We are so happy that it has helped you on your breastfeeding journey.

Best Wishes,
Natasha

Review collected in partnership with Medela

Kate
Kate

Great breast pump, worth the price tag

Purchased at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Medela A.Medela

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Naomi
Naomi

Never let me down

Worth every cent.
Pumped every 3 hours for about 2 weeks and then quite regularly for another 4 weeks.

Hand washed and steralised after every use.

Pumping was effective and thought it was more effective than the hospital grade pump

Peeb
PeebPerth, WA

Great pump!!!

The pump is comfortable and effective and does the job well. It is easy to operate and the programming feature makes it easier as I don't have to select the function every time. I have been using the breast pump on a daily basis and few times a day. A great little pump that doesn't need to be plugged in to the wall. Has been a life saver as a new mom.

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Bunting for $389.00.

Anne
Anne

Overrated for the price you’re paying

Jess
JessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can not say enough good things about this pump

I love this machine!

I love you can express both boobs at once, super convenient. You can adjust the suction to what suits you.

What I hand pumped in 4 hours I got in 30 mins! Well worth the money.

Easy to clean and sterilise.

The only thing i would complain about is the noise but I’d still buy and recommend it 100%

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $389.00.

SJE
SJE

Great pump for home use

I have used the Medela Freestyle pump for both of my babies and have had excellent results. It is very simple to use and gentle but still gets ample milk, making expressing a stress free experience. Highly recommend this to anyone looking for a pump.

Purchased in November 2017 for $350.00.

Horrible expensive useless

Breast pump shut give comfort. This crap product gives me stress nothing else. Sometimes it works amazing, mostly not working at all. Every part it seems to be ok but when it comes to pump is not pumping with means it leaves you with full painful breasts

Purchased in November 2016 for $414.00.

Kirsten S.
Kirsten S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love it!

I use this everyday and can honestly say it is one of the best things I have ever bought. This has been an absolute life saver for me and I have recommended it to many others who have been looking for a good pump

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting for $300.00.

Hi Kristen
Thank you very much for your review and your recommendations. It is always a pleasure to hear from a happy customer that goes to the trouble of writing such a positive review.
Kind regards
Pauline

Liv
Liv

Easy to use pump

I have used the freestyle double pump and found it to be effective. I was glad to have the double to make it more time efficient. It is easy to operate and stores in a nice bag.

Purchased in March 2019 at Baby Bunting for $398.00.

SStrac
SStracGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great for a busy on the go mum like me

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby Bunting for $379.00.

Charles C.

Helen
Helenasked

My pump auto shut off in like 5 mins for few time already what should I do now

Hi Helen
We will probably need a little bit more information. Please call our customer service team on 1800 787 345 and we will be more than happy to assist.
Kind regards
Pauline

Chris
Chrisasked

Can this be used as one pump at a time or does both have to be used together?

Keira
Keira

Yes, I think so. Use plastic wrap between shield and breastshield connector. Then you can transfer Freestyle to a single pump

Mandy Y
Mandy Y

Yes, it can be used either one pump or two pumps.

Medela A.Medela

Hi Chris, yes the Freestyle can easily be converted from a double to a single pump and back again simply by unplugging the tubing from one of the pump connectors and plugging it into the square shaped adaptor in the centre of the tubing. This needs to be done to regulate the vacuum otherwise it will be lost out of the side not being used. Thank you Medela Australia.

Nat
Natasked

Are these fixable / good for a service once out of the warranty period?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Nat, generally we do not fix pumps however should the need arise please contact our customer service team to discuss the options available and we will do the best we can to help you. Thanks Medela Australia

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps