Medela Pump In Style Advanced

Medela Pump In Style Advanced

hobnob

hobnobPerth

Essential!

This was given as a gift and is used about 3-4 times per day. Easy to pack up and bring to grandparents house or to work to pump at lunch time. Easy to cart around and relatively discreet with the tote bag style. Pocket to store the tubes when not in use and extra room inside the bag for whatever else needs to be brought (wallet, phone, bottles etc).

Excellent product

This Medela breast pump is Simple to use and very easy to clean, I bought it for one of my daughters who had mastitis and now uses it all the time so hubby can feed child with a bottle, will buy it again for my other two daughters when they have their own children.

ZMum

ZMumSydney

Very easy to use and clean

I got given a Medela Pump in Style Advanced. At the beginning the baby was having trouble latching and I had to pump all the time. It was not able to pump my milk because I was very full. In the end I had to see a lactation consultant who told me that I shouldn't use the double pump, and should just focus on pumping one side. After my supply started to settle, this worked quite well. I would be interested in trying other brands though. It's easy to travel with and maintain.

Dr tanya

Dr tanyaAurora

Most lactating mothers can't live would this

Use for 1 year. Good use bilateral and good suction so more breastfeeding milk in a 15 minute period. Easy clean with soap and water.
I would definitely use this product again. Travelling with this product is also easy to consealm looked like a computer bag. Also can store other needs in the bag.

Awesome pump - makes expressing a lot easier

I never usually right reviews but I've tried other pumps and found this to be far be superior. I usually only need to pump for around 5 -10 minutes and can get up to 200mls in this time. I highly recommend this pump. It is comfortable to use and would recommend this to anyone looking to express either regularly or occasionally. 10/10!

not good for the baby

I have been trying to breastfeed my almost 3 months baby for hours and it is most the frustration he is and I am than the solution I was expecting. not easy to breastfeed the baby. I wouldn't use this product again ever, it upsets the baby without any results

Angel R.

Angel R.Jacksonville

Good pump but not the best

Used the Medela Breastpump for a few months until I decided to look into a new one because it eventually started hurting my nipples. The suction on the Medela has a strong rough pull and it really hurt to the point where I didn't even want to pump anymore (but I kept going).
On positive note the pump is easy to clean, maintain and travel with.

Kate R

Kate RBrisbane

A real life saver for a Mum pumping regularly

MalouVMelbourne, Victoria

Best investment ever

Katey8

Katey8Concord

Excellent Pump!

I have now had this pump for almost five years and it's great! I can empty both breasts in seven minutes with little to no pain and discomfort. I have used other pumps before and never been as successful as this one. The accessories are great, parts are easy to come by (but somewhat expensive) and I love that I can pump, store and feed all from the same bottle. All four of my children favoured the Medela teats, so it was a win win situation all round. Using it as a double pump can make you feel somewhat like a jersey cow, but I think that's a small price to pay when you take into consideration the ease of use.
Easy to use, reliable, comfortable.

Harvs42

Harvs42Perth

I can read a mag while I pump...bliss!

BelindaGallagher

BelindaGallagherAU

I used this several times a day and loved it. Don't know how I could survive with out it. I went back to work when bub was 4.5mths and breastfed / expressed till she was almost 10mths.
Would absolutely reccommend. It can be pricey, I got mine from www.soulmothers.com.au on sale for about $400. I haven't had any problems, discouloration wasn't an issue for me and I am keeping mine until I have my next child.
Electric, dual pump, Hands free with a bit of imagination (ie. pull your bra up over the breast sheilds sit back and read a mag!) quick to express and it's fairly discrete in the backpack. Cooler bag is great too.

Wish I'd found it sooner - brilliant, quick, comfortable, efficient... But pricey.

I loved this pump. When I first started pumping I began with a single basic hand pump, then upgraded to the electric version of it. When the motor blew after only a few months of daily use I was lent the Medela Pump in Style Advanced. Couldn't believe the differencce! So comfortable, so quick, so efficient. What a liberation. I've used it a few times a day for about four months now and feel I should return it to it's rightful owner to on-lend. I'll be buying my own to keep! The price is a real off-putter, but on the other hand I can't imagine a better pump, so really it's a bargain. Now to find the actual money...

Would absoultely recommend it.
Reliable, efficient, comfortable, fast, portable, quiet
Expensive

Pioria

PioriaAdelaide, SA

Expensive but worth every penny and more!

juliez

juliez

Good

If you don't want to spend over $2k for the symphony this is great value at around $400-$500. Overall I really like this especially if you are going to make good use of it. I think paying that extra couple of hundred instead more and get this instead of the electric hand pump.
Pumps very similar to hospital grade medela symphony. Does pretty much the same job. Comes in a back pack with handy cooler for individual bottle coolers for expressed milk. Can be used either as single pumping or double pump action. Can be operated with 4x AA batteries.
Its just abit noisier than medela symphony. Other than that its great.

ozzyturn

ozzyturnNSW, 2074

Good

I've not experienced a problem with let down that others have mentioned. I bought this pump to replace avent isis I had last baby. Have found it to be slightly better due to 2 boob function. I really like the breast cups - soft plastic is comfortable. I wish I had this last time as I expressed more then than I have this time.
Portable, quiet, backpack, parts readily available, strong pump - but adjustable for times when you have sore boobs etc. Fast & convenient (2 boobs at once is fab option). FAST.
Bit pricey, but worth it if you are expressing daily.

nickybee

nickybee

i used this pump for 15 months every 3 hours and it is still going strong. currently packed up in case bub 2 decides to not breast feed too. pricey to start with but cheaper than formula in the long run and better for bub as well. if you are a committed mum looking for the best to pump out the best food for your bub this is it!!!! i was so happy with it!!!!
easy to use, double pump, very portable
liked everything

GoGoGoanna

GoGoGoanna

A good quality tool for serious breast milk pumping. Keeps its value for resale. Bottles can only be sterilised by boiling or using the Milton bleach system, which eventually clouds the plastic.
This has everything you would need if you are regularly expressing breast milk. It all fits quite tightly into the back back but there is really no room to store anthing else. It is a very powerful and effecitve pump which can be used as a single or twin pump. the insulator bag is handy if you are working and expressing milk to take home. It can be resold after use to recoup some of your cost.
It is relatively heavy. The initial investment is quite high so I would only buy it if you have a need for daily expressing.

MUM1111

MUM1111CHATSWOOD

Just like hospital pumps

I've bought my pump before my daughter was born w the intention of using it when i went back to work. it's been 4 weeks since DD was born and having a tongue tie I've had to rely on this pump to keep breastfeeding her. I've used the medela symphony in hospital and to me this pump works just as well.

Hi, can I ask whether you had trouble purchasing your pump via Amazon in the USA and using it here in AU? I am thinking of doing this but wasn't sure it would work here with the different voltage? Thanks!!! Liz

ngogood
ngogood

Hi - It depends on what it says on the power pack if it says something 110v/240v then you're okay. you just need to get a converter. We use 240v here in aus.

GBaker