Medela Swing

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
AGRAYVictoria

Ok for an occasional pumper only.

Good size pump, easily attaches to waistband and batteries allow for extra pumping convenience.

I bought this pump due to brand reputation and wanting a powerless pump option.

I ended up having to pump a lot more than I'd hope as my daughter has issues breastfeeding. I ended up buying a spectra and I was able to pump three times as much volume of milk in a third of the time. Cannot recommend the spectra enough.

Purchased in August 2019 at Baby Bunting for $199.00.

Great

Very good pump. I’ve used it with both my children. Currently using for my second but trying to decrease use and let nature do its course with supplies. Love it! Very satisfied.
Thanks for the assistance of the Medela team: you were amazing: efficient, quick, professional and kind

Kassandra Martin
Kassandra MartinLaunceston, TAS

Going 10 months strong with this great pump

10months pumping ranging from 4-2 times daily from day one - taking from 30-15 mins each side. Travels well to work with me, I haven’t tried it with battery’s only. Easy cleaning. Recommend having spare membrane. Easy use and good suction.

Purchased in January 2020 for $270.00.

Amy G.
Amy G.South East Queensland, QLD

Amazing! So helpful for bringing and maintaining my milk supply. I don’t know what I would have done without it!

So helpful at collecting and maintaining my milk supply! I don’t know what I would have done without it!
The pump is so easy to use coupled with the bra, bottles it makes pumping and feeding so much easier!

Purchased in October 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store.

Hasna Maroun
Hasna MarounGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great products and customer service

Highly recomend not just their products but also their customer service. The staff are exstreamly helpful and knowlegable. The Madela swing is exstremley easy to use. So thank you Madela

Purchased in February 2016 at Toys R Us / Babies R Us for $280.00.

Medela A.Medela

Hi Hasna, thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with us, we are thrilled that you found our Swing breast pump easy to use and that our customer service team were able to help you.

Natasha

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020

mendela breat pump swing

I only used for 6 months had it for 2 years and 3 months and the warranty was 2 years but they would not replace it after the motor had gone they should be ashamed to sell such a product that does not last

Dan
DanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Happy with purchase!

Purchase single pump back in 2019!
Haven’t had any issue it a pretty amazing pump love that if portable and you can take it on the go with you!

I do wish the overall machine was smaller.

Purchased for $199.00.

Medela A.Medela

Hi Dan, thank you so much for taking the time to review our Swing single electric breast pump! We love that it has helped you to be able to pump on-the-go.

Natasha

Milk keeps going into tube

I don’t know how many times I’ve had to clean out pipe because milk goes into it. So frustrating, so difficult to clean and so over it. After four months of being annoyed I have upgraded to Spectra and it’s amazing.

Purchased in January 2020.

Shanice
Shanice

It worked just fine

I bought the maxi double pump, however if I used both at the same time it dramatically made a difference if the suction ability and therefore milk production. I resorted to using just the one at a time which made for a long process, about an hour to pump both sides.

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Bunting for $400.00.

Bianca J.
Bianca J.Goulburn Valley, VIC

Exactly what I need!

Easy to use, comfortable and easy to take anywhere. Was able to take to work and use and able to pump lots of milk. Wouldn't support way to clean. Would highly recommend!!!

Purchased in March 2019 at Baby Bunting Online store for $199.00.

Ashley Craig
Ashley CraigCentral West, NSW

Easy to use, comfortable, reliable

This product was the best during my two pregnancies. Well designed for easy use. Good quality materials. Quiet. Great to use on the go as it is portable (when ran on batteries). Love this product.

Purchased in July 2019 at Baby Bunting Online store for $219.00.

schmo
schmoSydney Surrounds, NSW

great little pump

Struggled to get good amount of expressed milk intially and had some discomfort associated with pumping, but then I realised I needed to use a smalled flange.. and after that it was all smooth sailing! Love that I could put batteries in and it was pretty handy to take with me to baby-free events.
Luckily I wasnt a regular pumper though. It took a while, and in hindsight might've been better to purchase one with a double pump.

Purchased in December 2017 at Baby Bunting Online store for $186.00.

Kristy
KristyFar North Queensland, QLD

Best on the market

Best one there is, I’ve had 6 kids and I dont mind spending extra on this breast pump if it means I won’t get mastitis, I breast fed twins for 6 months because of medical reasons they couldent have formula and I wouldn’t have been able to do it with out my Medela pump, I failed at breast feeding with my 2 kids prior to the twins because I purchased cheap breast pumps

Purchased in February 2020.

UKatSydney, NSW

Terrible! Noisy and low suction

I am disappointed at how bad this pump is. The suction isn't that powerful and i have tried cleaning it as per medela youtube videos. All in vain. It is very noisy and has such a bad suction. Also the pump parts are so bad that i almost replaced all of them so far in expectation to have it working properly, I feel cheated!

Purchased at Pharmacy for $265 and i want to return it but the pharmacy says medela should take it back and Medela says the retailer should take it back.

Very disappointing! I hope it gets resolved by Medela that they take it back and refund me.

Purchased in January 2020 at Terry White Chemists for $265.00.

UKat

I have messaged personally now. Thanks

Hi Natasha,
I have recieved no help from customer service. Can u help in returning this product?

Ky N
Ky NGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy to use

I bought this one when my son was born. I feel that it is very reliable machine cause it took out all of my milk. I recommend this product for someone who find that it is hard for breastfeeding.

Purchased in July 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $249.99.

Read more reviews - page 2

Shimeji
Shimejiasked

Hi,
I've got medela swing as second hand from my friend. She said I better replace some hygienic parts to new ones but not sure which parts.
Could you give me some advice please?

AGRAY

I would definitely replace the tubes and flanges.

Nancy
Nancyasked

Hi Medela team,
I have a swing flex single breast pump from 8 years ago when I got it for my first child. I am just wondering if the new edition accessories such as tubing and connector will fit my old motor? Plus do I need a valve and membranes as the replacement for it? Thanks!!

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for asking! We do have spare parts you can use, the best thing to do would be to either call our customer services team directly on +61 (0) 3 9552 8600 and they will be able to tell you exactly what you need or visit our store, medelastore.com.au and purchase directly what you need.

Medela Team

Anonymous
Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Natasha

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps