Medela Swing Maxi

• Suction
  • Comfort

Kristin
KristinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unreliable and poor customer service

The connectors kept popping open, I was told my connectors were faulty but one of my replacement ones still does the same. The pump also randomly shuts off or halves suction. After 6 weeks of asking for help I was told the pump was faulty and to return to where I purchased.

Purchased in March 2021 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $300.00.

mnp
mnpGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't waste your time

It is really disappointing!

I bought Swing maxi breast pump when my first son was born. After a while, it was not expressing milk. I sent it back for check and i was told the motor is faulty. They asked me to go to the shop again and get the replacement. Again, after a while same issue happened. I sent it back and received a response saying it is working and only the tub need cleaning. Their message was saying they have replaced the tube and connectors out of courtesy. The new connectors were not mine obviously, Because one of them was broken. I had enough of their support. Now my second son is born and i just thought try it one more time with another connector and it just do not work! Now i am going to buy another pump from another brand!

Purchased at Baby Kingdom Physical store.

Invaluable device

I have found the medela swing maxi to be so simple to use and effective. I love I can use batteries and walk around while pumping. It’s a relatively quiet pump and is not too big. Highly recommend in conjunction with other medela products.

Purchased in August 2020.

Medela A.Medela

Review collected in partnership with Medela

MummaBNorthern Region, NSW

Don’t waste your money

The pump parts needs to be completely dry before it will provide any suction whatsoever. The motor doesn’t seem to have enough power to fully empty my breasts in a reasonable amount of time. Save your money and buy a hospital grade pump. The only upside of this pump is that it’s portable but that is negated by the need to remain completely still or the flanges become loose and the parts fall off your breast.

Purchased in July 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $220.00.

Medela A.Medela

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Adel w
Adel wGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Can't live without

Excellent customer service from medela.
Esp when parts are broken / faulty, they send out one immediately with express post! Often for free.

My first pump broke after 2.5 years! Machine faulty. Dint bother to repair it but gave it to someone else to trade in (medela overseas offers trade in programme! Not Australia unfortunately).

Anyways, I Love this double pump. Fast and efficient. Reasonably good suction and works for me.

Can also buy USB connector and connect to power bank / car port and pump on the go.

Good to buy when chemist warehouse has sale. Often can price beat.

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $289.00.

Medela A.Medela

Hi Adel, thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with us! We are thrilled that you loved your Swing Maxi pump.

DO NOT BUY THIS PUMP!!!

Purchased in April 2020 for $450.00.

Medela A.Medela

I wish I had gone through the reviews

Bought this in feb2020 right after delivery from baby bunting, but this pump is frustrating. It only worked on the first day, it has lost suction and i have to keep struggling with the wires, upon examining I be found there are cracks in the connector base. Such a poor make, I wish I could get any other pump, be from medela but durable at least

Purchased in February 2020 at Baby Bunting.

Samia
Samia

Thanks Pauline, I have been there, got the equipment checked and they replaced the motor. However I had to buy the new tubing as the warranty doesn’t cover that( as told by the representative at baby bunting)

Medela A.Medela

That's great Samia, I hope you are happier now. Unless you got milk in the tubing there should be no need to replace the tubing.
Kindest regards

UserGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lack of suction and noisy......

Purchased in February 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $274.99.

Hi
We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please contact our customer service department and we will attempt to rectify this for you. Your pump has a 2-year warranty, so is well within the warranty period.
Kindest regards

Find out how Medela Swing Maxi compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

So unhappy I am actually crying.

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Ruby
Ruby

Hi Pauline,
Thank you for getting back to me.
I’m going to assume I would need my receipt or proof of purchase for further assistance which I do not have. I have moved from Victoria to Queensland and would not be able to find it.
Thanks anyway.

Hi Ruby
Would you mind contacting our customer service department and ask to speak to Mili?
Warmest wishes

Kirsty
KirstyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can't live without it!

I am so happy with my medela swing maxi double pump it has cut my pumping time in half. the customer service was absolutely amazing when I was having trouble with my pump they immediately sent out a new part for me to use within 1 day :) definitely recommend this pump!!

Purchased in November 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $280.00.

Hi Kristy
Thank you for your feedback on our product and customer service. Always great to hear from our customers and lovely that they take time out of their busy schedules to take the time to leave a review.
Best wishes
Pauline

Poor suction, poor pump, Waste of money

Purchased in January 2019 at Wellington Neonatal Trust.

Shopaholic123
Shopaholic123Perth

Time saver

Previously had the Medela swing pump and it would take half an hour, 15 mins on each side, to empty each side. But now with the maxi, double pumping at the same time has allowed me to put the extra 15mins saved each time towards something else, like changing nappies haha!

Purchased in July 2018 at Baby Bunting.

Waste of Money

I've had so many issues with this pump. I've replaced the connectors three times, purchased new shields however nothing seems to work. There's barely any suction and completely unrealiable. Insanely disappointed as Medela doesn't even want to bother replacing the pump for me.

Purchased in January 2019.

Usage Frequency Short-term

Good and does the job

Bought this as I heard good things about Medella. And used a similar medella one in the hospital after giving birth. Have only used it a few times as a double pump (with a pumping bra otherwise it is impossible to hold). But still use it at least once a day as a single pump. It does the job well. And haven’t had any issues.

Purchased in October 2018 for $300.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Vaishali M
Vaishali Masked

Hi. I am in Dubai and I have a medela maxi swing which is 5 years old. I need new spare parts which are currently not available. Is there any other model spare parts which i can use?

Hi Vaishali,

Thanks for asking! We do have spare parts you can use, the best thing to do would be to either call our customer services team directly on +61 (0) 3 9552 8600 and they will be able to tell you exactly what you need, unfortunately we only ship to Australia, so you will need to contact your local distributor for parts.

Medela Team

Priyal
Priyalasked

Hi, I have Medela maxi flex double electric pump. Size of the flange that came with the pump was 24 mm. I didn’t know that there are different flange sizes available. Now I realised that my nipples are too big and they rub against the wall of flange and it hurts a lot. I just found that there are different size flanges available. How can I change the flange? If I want to use 27 mm flange, does it for the existing connector or do I have to buy a new connector too?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Priyal, thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing pain with the Medium size breast shield. You can purchase the size Large (27mm) from our webstore via the link below, or at your local Baby Bunting/ Chemist Warehouse. You do not need to purchase a new connector or any other accessories.

Cher
Cherasked

Can I buy new medelaflex spare parts (breastshield connector and tubing) and use it with the old Medela swing maxi machine?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Cher, thanks for reaching out! You certainly can purchase the new Flex accessories and use them with your previous model Swing Maxi pump. Be sure to purchase the Flex connector, Flex tubing, and breast shield (both old and new Flex breast shields are compatible with your machine.)

Natasha

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps