Medibank Health Insurance

Medibank Health Insurance

LJ

LJSydney, NSW

Staff who love to defame and slander customers and misleading and deceptive conduct

As a very longstanding customer with this so-called company, i have been treated with outright contempt by one particular staff member at my local Medibank office, defaming, slandering, ridiculing me in front of other customers even laughing at me. As for the Medibank policies, they are ambiguous and totally misleading. Appalling lack of loyalty to long-standing customers. I am now looking for an alternate insurer or even risking having no health insurance. A Royal Commission should be held into these companies whose methods are tantamount to fraud.

Mad90

Mad90Sydney, NSW

Covered but we dont pay

My corporate basic plus plan states that I am covered for Hernia repair, but when I wanted to claim they advised me the procedure code wich on the MBS website is for hernia repair comes up as digestive system by them and I am not covered although my plan states otherwise. They adviced me that there was changes in government system and that is the reason for my procedure code now falling under digestive and not hernia although my procedure clearly states OPEN HERNIA REPAIR. DISAPOINTED!!!!!

Coverage TypeFamily Extension
Medibank P.Medibank

They lie and will not cover for your expenses

Fraud. Do not buy insurance from this company. My family changed insurance company from Bupa to Medibank this April. Before signing the contract, my husband and I asked the agent numerous time about the covering of pregnancy and fees of delivering in hospitals. They made sure that everything will be covered without waiting time. That was why I left Bupa, I am 20 weeks pregnant now and they Medibank just informed the hospital that they will not cover for the pregnancy expenses which will be 16k AUD today because there were 5 days in between the contracts of Bupa and Medibank (even though they promised in April we will be covered). I am so angry and frustrated. NEVER NEVER use Medibank. FRAUD!!!!!!

Coverage TypeFamily
Samuel Haynes

Samuel HaynesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Complete rip off

Shocking customer service. Took me four or five attempts to finally leave Medibank after being transferred to another policy. However staff were rude and used pushy sales tactics to try and prevent me from leaving, and they weren’t in a hurry to refund my final premium. Fortunately my premium has been refunded now though. Will never return.

Medibank P.Medibank

Terrible customer service attitude, MONEY GRABBING CROOKS after I canceled my cover

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Vivian W.
Vivian W.

Jules

JulesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Coverage decreases every year, premiums increase.

My wife has been a medibank customer for over 10 years. In that 10 years premiums have gone up almost every year. Never had to make use of her insurance until now. She has a 7cm x 8cm growth on one of her ovaries and medibank covers neither the hospital stay nor the cost of the procedure. But private health companies dont understand why so many Aussies are leaving. If you charge money for nothing thats what you get.

beau a.

beau a.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Want to upgrade policy? Don't bother

Called to upgrade extras cover going forward. Got told have to serve 2&6 month waiting periods again. New customers get them waived but loyal customers have to reserve them. Got told to join another fund for 31 days and then transfer back to get the new customer waiving of these periods.

Happy to take 6 months of premiums to have you wait for eligibility but any joe blow can sign up and be instantly eligible.

Seems a bit unfair to throw mud in the face of longstanding customers.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Medibank P.Medibank

Out of pocket expenses when we have Top Hospital Cover with no Excess???

My husband had a biopsy procedure at Epworth hospital to find the status of prostate cancer. It was a short procedure (3-4 hours in total from check in to discharge) and we had the following out of pocket expenses:
The urologist charged $200, the anaesthetist charged $195 and now I received a pathology bill for nearly $275, then in total $670 out of pocket expenses for 3-4 hours when we are supposed to have no excess? The pathology sent us a flyer with the bill and it shows that Medibank is one of a handful of Health insurance providers that do NOT fully cover the pathology with (the majority of other providers there is no gap)

Coverage TypeCouple
diaznancyn
diaznancyn

Will promise anything to get you to sign up!! No compassion!!

I went to Medibank when I was being treated poorly by another fund during a hard financial time; they promised that despite a 90 day lapse in cover, my wait time from said fun would be recognized on my new Medibank cover. After checking up on them "waiting for my clearance certificate" multiple times, I'm sent a letter stating that the clearance statement can not be honored because I did not join Medibank within 2 months of leaving the other fund. I wish I had never changed cover!! AVOID AVOID AVOID THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO COMPASSION WHAT SO EVER. JUST MONEY GRABBING CROOKS!!

Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family

SusanOzBrisbane

Deliberately confusing, misleading and overcomplicated

not happy

not happyCentral Queensland, QLD

what a load of B.S.

Joy C.

Joy C.Western Australia

Takes money out of your account even after you cancelled

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJuly 2019
Medibank P.Medibank

Might as well not have insruance

Got sick and had to go to the hospital. Had emergency surgery and thankfully recovered. Imagine my surprise when the hospital contacted me saying my insurance was suspended. Not sure how, it had been paid, confirmed, I had a policy number and everything. 4 months and many emails later I still have yet to see Medibank do it's job and cover me. The hospital is running out of patience and I am wondering why I even bothered getting insurance because its not like I have any.

Ayibogan

Ayibogansydney

STAY AWAY !!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!

I used this company for about 4 years. not even 1 time I got my right/benefits without any hassle. they always do the wrong thing first in case you do not know your rights or make you frustrated to give up!!!. EVERYTIME!!!!!!. I even ended up with ombudsman to get my refund. Staff is not aware of what actually they are doing. ask the same question to different people, the answer is different.

Manipulative service

An C.Perth, WA

Premiums going up and up and up.....

Whilst coverage is becoming less and less. I seriously have to look elsewhere soon as I am certainly not impressed with their standards anymore. Any suggestions who is better yet covers dental, optical and remedial massage??

Plan CoverageExtras Only
An C.

I knew I would get a 'sorry'.....same old crap! No thanks!

Lorraine Patricia

Lorraine PatriciaAdelaide

Medibank Private Tax Statement 2018/2019

I cannot say that I am overly impressed with my recent contact with MBP. I need my MBP Tax Statement to complete my tax and to date I am still waiting for this. MBP cannot give me the details over the phone and tell me that I have to wait until 15 July 2019. I find this unsatisfactory considering all of my other organisations have provided this information at the beginning of July 2019. They certainly do not mind taking my premium payment every fortnight. I had a very long wait for an operator despite the fact that I had priority access. One wonders how long one would have had to wait without this priority access. MBP need to lift their game.

Mesti

MestiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Visitor Visa Cover Ever!

Coverage TypeCouple
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMay 2019

Snow

SnowSydney, NSW

Poor services and NOT acknowledge your loyalty to them, rip you off for benefit of the share holders !

keith p.

keith p.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor Service

Lee-Ann F.

Lee-Ann F.asked

Hello We are Australians living and working abroad. Consequently, we are no longer entitled to access Medicare. So, this is the first time we are shopping for private health care insurance. Are there any restrictions as Australians overseas or are we able to freely pick and choose between levels of cover with Medibank?

Hi Lee-Ann,
Thanks for submitting your question. We will need to confirm a few more details to be able to assist you.
I just sent you a private message.
Thanks, Anna

Rob

Robasked

Medibank,

I have joined this fund before I red these reviews, a lot of negatives and not a lot of positives, I. Really hope I will not be disappointed.

Hi Rob,

We are really pleased to have you on board as a member and we would love to make your joining with Medibank as smooth as possible.

If we can help in anyway, please don't hesitate to give us a call on 132 331 between the hours of 8am - 8pm, Monday to Friday or from 9am -4pm on Saturdays.

Thanks,
Dave

Shashi

Shashiasked

Hi, If we change OSHC to Overseas Workers Standard Hospital and Medical, are waiting period still applied or waived? Are waiting period applied for GP consultation and Radiolody such as scanning, utrlasound, blood test etc..? Please clarify.

Loreena
Loreena

I was told yes...waiting periods do apply

Hi Shashi,
Thanks for getting in touch.
We’d like to look into that for you. I just sent you a private message asking for a few details.
Thanks,
Anna

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance