Medibank Health Insurance

Medibank Health Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (5) · 2-4 weeks (2) · 1-2 weeks (2) · 1-2 months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (4) · No (14)
  • Would Book AgainYes (4) · No (24)

lasith k.

lasith k.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible customer care and misleading information

I am highly alerting for overseas students not to buy any type of health covers from medibank. They will change their policies after few weeks of purchasing. Also really disgusting customer service where even they don't have proper internal communication between them. Lost more than 1k because of the misleading information provided by their staff. After complaining they refer the case to a case manager who seems to be having worst attitudes plus bad ironical behavior.

Jackson

JacksonMelbourne

They don't fully cover CT scan charges !

I have been a Medibank private top cover member for last 20 years+, currently paying $6000+ per year for hospital and extra insurance.
Just found out they don't fully cover CT scan charges, I have to pay the bill for expensive gap.
The main thing is most of the other health insurance companies are fully covered but Medibank don't!!
They didn't sign the 'no-gap' agreement with hospitals of CT scan charges which is 30 health funds signed only few not. One is Medibank private !!

Claim DateJanuary 2020

Hi Jackson,
I am sorry your recent CT scans weren’t fully covered. I just sent you a private message so that we can take a look at that for you. Thanks, Anna

Kettle

KettleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of money. Very little coveted

I have been with Medibank for 6 years. Recently has done major dental. $750 bill with $512.90. I pay $1700 a year for what? The information of what they cover is confusing and misleading. No rewards for being a long term customer. It is my goal this weeks to transfer funds.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Hi there,
I am sorry to hear you haven’t received the benefit you expected. We would love to look into that for you. I just sent you a private message.

Alinta no morePerth, WA

No rebate on online purchase of spectacles - beware

Seil OVIC, 3122

Medi Claim for GP Consultations

Dear Medibank,

Thank you for assisting me with medical care. As you can imagine, this process is very emotionally draining on the situation. However, the cooperation of the fine staff at Medibank makes it a little easier.

At this time, I would like to request that Medibank review the category that Dr. Helmy's services have been placed into. It appears that I am being charged a copay for GP consultation and treatment as a health service when in reality he provides me with a blood test and ECG. Please review this issue and kindly pay consultations fees.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateDecember 2019

Hi Seil,
Generally the benefit depends on the item number the provider charges. I just sent you a private message so that we can look into that for you. Thanks, Anna

Seil O

Thanks for replying to me. I have been charged a copay for GP consultation fees of $ 75 per visit. I visited twice. Kindly pay consultations fees.

Thanks Seil, I just replied to your private message. - Anna

Eeshan

EeshanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ultra-professional phone sales rep

I didn't end up getting a policy with Medibank because HCF ended up giving me a better quote, but massive props to the guy on the phone - Stephen (Steve?) Foden - who gave me all of the required info, genuinely took the time to understand my situation, and was perfectly polite and continued being friendly even when I informed him that I was going with HCF.

If anyone from Medibank is reading this, please pass on my thanks again to Steve! If it hadn't been for HCF's lower quote I would've gone with Medibank, and I'll have Medibank at the top of my list for switching if HCF doesn't deliver.

Would Book AgainYes

Amber

AmberGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Where is your customer service!!!

Been a member since 2011, changed level in 2016. Ive spent over $38,000 to just be told my husband cant get his hip Replaced!!

What a joke, for an extra $7 a week he would be covered! Where is the customer service to your loyal customers, you give new members no waiting periods, free gifts etc!!

Start looking after your customers, Im done with medibank!!

Hi Amber,
I am sorry your husband is not covered for the procedure he needs to have. I just sent you a private message so that we can look into that for you.

Dimu

DimuPerth, WA

So far... good!

Been with Medibank over 7 years, and so far our experiences have been pleasant. However, premiums keep on increasing tempting us to use the insurance more just to justify our payments.

Hi Dimu,
Thank you for submitting your lovely review. If there is anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate to let us know.
I hope you have a lovely Christmas and a happy New Year! - Anna

Reckless Abandonment, Failed Duty of Care

Hi Wendy,
I am sorry to read of your recent experience over the phone with us, and I am sorry you aren't covered for the services you want. I just sent you a private message asking a few more details.

Sag

SagSydney, NSW

Overseas Health cover for students- dont even dare.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2019

Hi Sag,
I am sorry your recent diagnostic claims weren't covered. Wed love to look into that for you. I just sent you a private message asking a few more details.
Anna

Poor customer service from Medibank private

Claim DateNovember 2019
Unhappy customer
Unhappy customer

Jac H

Jac HGoulburn Valley, VIC

Does not look after their members

Been a member for 30 years. When I tried to contact medibank via phone it took hours to get through. When I tried the number for wanting to join my call was answered straight away. Then when I told them I was an existing member the line was disconnected. Unacceptable service. Take your money for years then when you need your private health care they are uncontactable!!! Disgraceful.

Tough

Tough

Greedy company. Do not use! Quick at taking your money but will leave you high and dry.

DO NOT use Medibank

Claim DateOctober 2019

Hi there,
I am sorry to hear you have been waiting long to have your claims assessed. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. We would love to get this resolved for you as soon as possible.

Phill D.

Phill D.Sydney, NSW

Terrible ripoff

Left on phone for hours, never called back BUT miss a payment on they call you. I liked that, it gave me the chance to cancell the policy. Bad business

Coverage TypeCouple
wendylou

wendylouSydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't know why

Don't know why I stay with them .The fees keep going up with nothing extra added . Can't even have a massage covered.Nib is no different . got a quote ,it was about the same.

Plan CoverageExtras Only
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes

Hi Wendylou,
I am sorry to read that you are finding difficulty seeing the value in your cover. I would suggest that now is the perfect time for a review. Just sent you a private message asking you to confirm a few details.

Jing

JingPerth, WA

scam!

Bought travel health insurance for my mum twice in the past, every single time after she left Australia, Medibank will just continue deducting money from my account monthly although I had informed of the cancellation after three months. Signing up process is easy but the cancellation takes time and has to fill in the form!! I won't deal with Medibank for the rest of life and will tell everyone not to use Medibank!

Hi Jing,
I am sorry to read of your experience with cancelling your mothers' policy. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Anna

LJ

LJSydney, NSW

Staff who love to defame and slander customers and misleading and deceptive conduct

As a very longstanding customer with this so-called company, i have been treated with outright contempt by one particular staff member at my local Medibank office, defaming, slandering, ridiculing me in front of other customers even laughing at me. As for the Medibank policies, they are ambiguous and totally misleading. Appalling lack of loyalty to long-standing customers. I am now looking for an alternate insurer or even risking having no health insurance. A Royal Commission should be held into these companies whose methods are tantamount to fraud.

Mad90

Mad90Sydney, NSW

Covered but we dont pay

My corporate basic plus plan states that I am covered for Hernia repair, but when I wanted to claim they advised me the procedure code wich on the MBS website is for hernia repair comes up as digestive system by them and I am not covered although my plan states otherwise. They adviced me that there was changes in government system and that is the reason for my procedure code now falling under digestive and not hernia although my procedure clearly states OPEN HERNIA REPAIR. DISAPOINTED!!!!!

Coverage TypeFamily Extension

Kate

They lie and will not cover for your expenses

Do not buy insurance from this company. My family changed insurance company from Bupa to Medibank this April. Before signing the contract, my husband and I asked the agent numerous time about the covering of pregnancy and fees of delivering in hospitals. They made sure that everything will be covered without waiting time. That was why I left Bupa, I am 20 weeks pregnant now and they Medibank just informed the hospital that they will not cover for the pregnancy expenses which will be 16k AUD today because there were 5 days in between the contracts of Bupa and Medibank (even though they promised in April we will be covered). I am so angry and frustrated. NEVER NEVER use Medibank. FRAUD!!!!!!

Kate

Everything was solved within a week. All costs were covered, Medibank staffs were helpful and quick to answer all of our questions. We were happy with the services and looking forward to the arrival of our little one this Jan.

Hi Kate,
I am so glad it all got resolved. Wish you all the best with the upcoming birth.

Dorota

Dorotaasked

Is robotic surgery for prostate cancer covered by Medibank?..
If not WHY??.

Hi Dorota,

Generally Medibank pays benefits towards in-hospital medical services based on the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS). If a service is listed on the MBS and Included or Limited under your cover, we pay benefits towards it.

However, procedures performed using a robotic surgical system are significantly more expensive than when the same surgery is performed using conventional surgical techniques which Medibank already covers. Members may be charged a robotic technology fee in surgeries where the robot is used, which is larger than a normal out-of-pocket expense by their surgeon. It is the doctor's responsibility to discuss this additional out-of-pocket charge with their patient prior to surgery, whilst signing the informed financial consent.

This additional charge is usually due to a:

- fee for specialist expertise in using the robot
- payment from the doctor to the hospital that goes toward covering the expensive disposable items required for each robotic surgery case
- reimbursement fee toward the initial cost of purchasing and maintaining this expensive equipment.

In most cases Medicare items numbers will still apply to the procedure with the additional technology fee itemised separately, but Medibank does not pay a benefit towards the additional technology fee.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to send us a private message.

Fred Boum Bletterman

Fred Boum Blettermanasked

We are 72 and 77 year old we pay $317.00 a month been with Bupa for years.
We cannot afort this.
Can you advice us.

Hi Fred,

Thank for submitting your question.

Please contact our Contact Centre on 132 331 from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday & Saturdays 9 am to 4 pm (AEDT) for assistance, or you can contact our Live Chat team at https://www.medibank.com.au/contact-us/ who are available 24/7. Once you're on the webpage, please click on Start live chat that is shown in the middle of the webpage.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Lee-Ann F.

Lee-Ann F.asked

Hello We are Australians living and working abroad. Consequently, we are no longer entitled to access Medicare. So, this is the first time we are shopping for private health care insurance. Are there any restrictions as Australians overseas or are we able to freely pick and choose between levels of cover with Medibank?

Hi Lee-Ann,
Thanks for submitting your question. We will need to confirm a few more details to be able to assist you.
I just sent you a private message.
Thanks, Anna

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives