Medibank Health Insurance

Medibank Health Insurance

See the Best Health Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Medibank

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (13)
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (10)
    • 3+ months (7)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (20) · No (29)

People working in medibank only cares money! Disgusting!

Once you are a member it's hard to reach them, the waiting time takes hours and when someone pick up your call they just transfer you right away, many times, so frustrating and waste of time! When your not a member yet they are easy to reach, disgusting tactics! Money chaser!
People when you decided to get health insurance, please do your research first. Choose insurance company that has good customer service and care, with medibank company they just after your money! I paid so much for it and at the end these people gave me headaches!

WongSydney, NSW

Sham Priority Member

no value for money

they list services and medical appliances on my policy that should be covered , and decline claims when lodged , for someone who pays top cover 600 dollars every 4 weeks, no value for money, look for another provider, I will me and my family . very deceiving insurance

Medibank P.MedibankSend a private message

Hi and I am sorry to hear about your experience. I have just sent you a message. Please reply with your details and we will be able to investigate this further. Thanks, -Ane

Peter
PeterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Harsh people! a company only cares about money!!

Medibank P.MedibankSend a private message

Hi Peter, again I apologise for your experience. I have just sent you a message about your case. Thanks, -Ane

Dul
DulSydney, NSW

Excellent claims app and customer service

Medibank claims were easy for an elderly traveller and the customer service was excellent. It would be good to have an approved provider network to reduce out-of-pocket costs (especially GPs).

Medibank P.MedibankSend a private message

Hi Dul, I would like to thank you for taking the time to pass through your lovely review and feedback. We are constantly working to improve our services, so your comments are greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards,
Neha

Medibank are robbing senior citizens blind !

Gary 60Perth, WA

Member since mid 1970's

In the past two weeks I have emailed Medibank twice and have the copies. Simple query about dental cover advice as I want to change dentist after 57 years. No response even though the emails have been received. Copies can be supplied. This how a long term top cover client is treated.

Gary 60

Hello Cath, please contact me.
Kind regards

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Dominique F
Dominique F

3hrs on the phone and no resolution

I called to open a policy for my son. The sales person sent me details on how to add his Medicare details as her system wasn't letting her do it. It said I needed to register online but couldn't because he is under 16 years old. Then spent the next 2.5hrs going through different teams and no-one could resolve as I don't hold a policy with them. So the result was I couldn't open an online account and I also can't add Medicare for rebate. Cancelled the policy after 3hrs of hassle. Glad I didn't change myself over from NIB. Just going to pay the extra to put my son on my NIB policy. Saving money isn't worth it when you have so many issues just setting up a policy.

Azwer Alam
Azwer AlamBonner 2914, ACT

Worst service you can expect any insurance provider.

too much money for too little service. I am a priority member and have been paying them for 20 years. I rang them regarding a bill that I need to pay had to wait for half an hr and then someone hung up on me. Second time the same issue. This is for a premium member not sure what happens to other clients. I am certainly looking to change my insurer.

sarah
sarah

Scary

I am apparently a priority member. After waiting more than an hour to talk to a priority member expert about an upcoming admission to hospital, a specific question about my cover was answered by " I assume....." and then a totally incorrect response - when I pointed out the error of the response the "expert" didn't know the answer - many more hours on hold over 2 weeks and 3 more "priority member experts" have still not been able to tell me if I have any cover for my procedure or complications. There is NO WAY of emailing with this company, phone calls are on hold for - in one case more than an hour and in all cases more than 15 minutes - I need my phone for work
THEY ARE THE SICK joke

Medibank P.MedibankSend a private message

Do not used Medibank Private!

extremely hopeless company

Website is deliberately very confusing to avoid claims. Majority healthcare don't recognise Medibank, ended up paying bills myself. Took my 5 year old child to the emergency department and they refused to see her because they didn't recognise Medibank Insurance, told me I had to pay $500 to get her checked.
I paid close to 7k to Medibank and the hospital rejected to provide healthcare to my child in a time when I'm facing extreme poverty. This is a fraudulent company who will immediately start to ignore you once you've paid them. Do not spend your money on these people. I hope some Authority see's this message and investigates this company and shuts them down.

Claire
Claire

Terrible customer service and little transparency

Medibank P.MedibankSend a private message

Hi Claire, I am very sorry to hear about your recent experience with obtaining a quote for your Osteopathy consultation.

We have sent you a private message to get some of your details and assist further with your enquiry. Thanks, -Ane

DeanoPerth

Medibank Will Raise Your Blood Pressure

Maria
Maria

'Gabby' had one job to do which she couldnt.

MedibankMedibankSend a private message

Joan Elizabeth N.
Joan Elizabeth N.asked

Does Medibank Private cover Cataract surgery

damian
damian
Krystyna
Krystynaasked

For most of the last 2 years we are paying full premiums, on top of that we copped it increase in premium charges and all of that when most of the time elective surgurgies are cancelled (this time untill April!). My reason for joining private health was to ensure all time access to so called "elective service". May I ask what is the point of paying all those premiums when they are not accessible? In emergency I will get help free of charge and will not end up with out of pocket expenses. Why Medibank does not look after existing/long term customers by at least offering them discount? As it is at the moment I am seriously contemplating to "drop out" from the "privladged" group who pays for empty beds

Medibank P.MedibankSend a private message

Hi Krystyna, thank you for your question. We are mindful of the current situation within health services. To assist I am sending a private message today, to gather a few details. Kind regards, the team at Medibank.

Pauline K.asked

Victoria has offically been in lockdown over 245 days. I use my private health insurance for preventative medicine, not emergencies generally. I cannot tell you how many optical and dental appointments I have have had cancelled - therefore unabe to use my insurance when and with whom I want. Yet you still keep charging, in fact, increasing my policy. 'Nurse on call' is not going to cut it, especially to an ex nurse. A 3- day or so rebate was insulting. My gym membership stopped when it was unable to provide a service, why did health insurnace not do the same. And it is not the same as car and house insurance - I have been still been using them during lockdown.

Kathy B

Sorry can’t answer no lockdowns in WA
Chin up one day we will return to normal

Pauline K.

Thanks Kathy - awesome answer!!!

MedibankMedibankSend a private message
See all Medibank Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance