Medibank Health Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (7)
    • 3+ months (6)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (17) · No (22)

Ana D

Ana DSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible service

RafaelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good customer service

Just had great experience over the phone, Nicholas was the attendant and was very helpful to backdate a suspension due to overseas travel. It’s the first time I had an insurer being helpful instead of using every opportunity to make your life hard, so big advantage there!

Hi Rafael,
Thanks for submitting a 5 star review.
Please send us a private message with your details so we can pass on your positive comments to Nicholas' manager.
- Mary

Rafael

Hi Mary, which details do you require?
The policy is under my name - Rafael Fernandes Vendrame

Gabriel

GabrielSouth East Queensland, QLD

Claims by mail is terrible

For some claims they ask you to fill a form and send it by mail, taking your time and money. Why do they make our life harder? Why don't they allow us to do all the claims online?
And when you need to call then prepare yourself to listen to 20 automatic messages before you have an option to talk to someone.
I am a client for 6 years but Medibank is changing now and I will looking for another company.

Fleur B

Fleur BGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hopeless customer service

Website online log in not working and customer service terrible. Wasted so much time just trying to update credit card expiry date. Not only did the online system fail repeatedly when you finally get a person on the phone (Medibank claim it is a personalised expert consultant) you are forced to read out your credit card details to them which is very concerning from a security point of view and very unprofessional as an online system. Other companies manage a more secure system where the credit card information is recorded separately over the phone not to an individual. For such an expensive health service the customer service is woeful

Hi Fleur,
I am sorry to read of your recent experience and that you haven’t been able to update your credit card details online.
I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Anna

Refused to pay ambulance fee

Hi Phil,
I am sorry your Ambulance invoice hasn’t been paid. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.
Thanks,

Phil
Phil

It's paid now after multiple phone calls, and dealing with both the Ambulance service who wanted to fine me for late payment and the Medibank who simply couldn't even pay this ontime - useless.

MedibankMedibank

Hi Phil, thanks for letting us know. We're very sorry to hear of your experience with Medibank. If there is anything we can help you with, please feel free to reply to our private message. - Kindly, Jade

Parshad

ParshadSydney

Wait time on phone

I am called priority member and waiting desperately to talk to human being for last 27 minutes and counting.
If I am priority member then wondering what a Normal customer has to wait .

Ayesha Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Long Delay On My Claim

It’s appalling to see that Medibank keeps holding up my claims for months now. After my surgery I submitted my bills expecting that they would react fast & settle the claims. But so far it’s dragging without any clue that they may pay my claims.

Medibank being a one of best reputed insurers in Australia has to work differently than this when they cater to their clients. Their service has to be focused on the interest of the clients. That’s essential but as I have understood that does not reflect on their service. That they have to improve fast for the betterment of their clientele.

Medibank P.Medibank

Hi Ayesha, I’m so sorry to hear there has been a delay with your claim. I’ve just sent you a private message to see is there is anything we can help you with. – Cath

Hi Cath

Noted your feedback. Thank for the prompt action taken to resolve the matter

Worst health provider ever

So bad

Bern on the phone for so long , estimated waiting time is so wrong , it told me to wait 6 min 4 in the queue I waited for 15 mins over the estimated time and I gave up. Pointless imagen if you have to sort you problem and you calling from hospital. Horrible, also on line person gave up on because I was to slow typing on my mobile phone . I changed my mind by transferring from my carent provider ..

Crooks

Offered us a discount in person. First bill comes and discount has disappeared. How convenient for them. No record on their end of the discount but I have the original statement. Still dealing with their customer service to try and get it applied. Hours of wasted time.

Anna N.

Anna N.Perth, WA

The call centre is awful .

The call centre is awful, waiting for hours to speak with someone regarding overcharges , the lady couldn’t provide answer or explanation . Like just couldn’t care less. Transferring me around , even more wait .

MedibankMedibank

Hi Anna, I’m so sorry to hear you were on hold for so long when trying to contact us recently, and that you were transferred which extended the wait times. I’ve just sent you a private message to see if we can assist. – Jade

Bert

Bert

All they do is rip you off

in 24 years I have claimed less than 1000 up to 4 times and it gets knocked back with "oh sorry you are not covered" Its is time to leave this rot once and for all

MedibankMedibank

Hi Bert, I’m sorry to hear your recent claim was rejected. I’ve just sent you a private message to grab some details and look into this for you. – Kindly, Jade

Cover for aged care parent - edited and updated from 1 star to 3 stars

MedibankMedibank

Hi Jay, we’re so sorry to hear this. I’ve just sent you a private message to escalate this for you. Kindly, Jade

Jay
Jay

Thank you for the response, someone at Medibank has given me a call and looking to resolve the issue. I will update the post and the review once i have had a resolution.

Hi Jay,
Thanks for the update, we are glad the issue has been resolved. If there is anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Thanks, Anna

Karen and lyndenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

PEC Approved But Claim Rejected

Simply amazing

Called one of the specialist team members regarding the cancellation of the policy and been told that my voice is not 'deep' enough to be identified as a male, and asked to visit the nearest store to verify my identity to proceed cancellation of the policy. Is this some kind of joke? I have never encountered such a situation where someone is questioning my gender based on my voice. Simply amazing, you could have asked security questions to verify or could have done something else other than to check the pitch, tone, volume of the voice to identify your customers. Very funny

Hi James,
I am so sorry to read of your recent experience. I just sent you a private message so that we can get this resolved for you. Thanks, Anna

JooMid North Coast, NSW

Impossible to contact

I am looking to change my private health insurance or drop it altogether!!! Very expensive and for that you can no longer email them from your login site to ask questions and when you call no one answers I have left countless messages None ever returned…….

Hi Joo,
I just replied to your private message. Thanks, Anna

Joo

I answered your private message with my full name and phone number as you asked and still No one has called me !!! Why ???

Hi Joanne,
I just replied to your message. - Anna

Andrew

Andrew

Medibank

We lost a child and wife had to undergo a d&c procedure. Medibank made us to jump a few hoops to make a claim, we put the claim multiple times and we got 0 dollar reimbursed. It's not as if it's painful to have that incident, Medibank made it even worse by refusing a valid claim and blaming it on to the hospital.

Update:
Medibank rep approached me and helped us to resolve the issue. The claim went through and it was helped to untangle the miscommunication between the hospital and medibank. The customer rep Annete was very humane and gentle while helping us. Thank you.

D Van Luyn

D Van LuynPerth, WA

Medibank is the best

Great value, quick process for my claims and I’ve been with Medibank since 2012
Not sure why they have low star ratings.

Customer services are also great.

I personally think they should have 5 stars rating

MedibankMedibank

Hi D, thanks for your lovely review! If there is anything we can help you with, please don't hesitate to reach out. - Jade

Medibank = Daylight robbery

MedibankMedibank

Terrible experience closing my policy

Be aware that it will be a $50 administration fee when closing the policy, and they may try to mislead you before with an statement as "refunds will be processed after this fee". I cancelled my policy 5 days after my monthly payment and, right when the closure was effective, i was confirmed that no refunds will be done for the rest of the month.

Roger T.

Roger T.asked

If I pay for 12month cover before the April 1st can I get it at the current rate rather than the rate from April 1st.

Hi Roger,
Generally you can. However please don’t hesitate to send us a private message so that we can check your premium for you. Thanks, Anna

Hildaasked

My husband has throat cancer. We can have the operation immediately if we pay the specialist $5000. Could we get any kind of medicare rebate on the amount as we are both elderly but in otherwise good health. My husband is in pain and the waiting list has lengthened due to the corona virus.

chris tedbury
chris tedbury

Well I take it you don’t have private health cover, I did and was basically forced into public If your catagory1 like me they said we must do within 30 days perhaps sera a more sympathetic doctor and beg him to get to catorgy 1 they cannot watch him die

Hi Hilda,

Thanks for getting in touch. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Please note, if your question was intended for Medicare please get in touch with Medicare at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/contact-us.

Thanks,

Hilda

Hi Anna, thank you for your message. The surgical team at John Hunter Hospital at Newcastle has taken care of my husband and he is down for surgery next Friday and it will be fully funded by Medicare. The relief for both of us has been dramatic. Hilda

Reddy

Reddyasked

Why do medibank doesn't have claims via email? It is always not possible for us to go to stores or post at this stage and submit our claims. It would help customers if you have some generic email to submit claims which other insurance companies offer like BUPA?

Hi Reddy,
Thanks for your question. Most claims can be submitted via the My Medibank app.
If you need help accessing your online account, please don’t hesitate to send us a private message or contact our Contact Centre on 132 331 from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday & Saturdays 9 am to 4 pm (AEST) for assistance. Thanks,

See all Medibank Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance