Methven

See the Best Bathroom Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Disgraceful customer service on warranty

Opened a warranty claim in November for a tap replacement which was agreed and that's the last I heard. I have enquired 4 times as to what's happening and also have the place of purchase chasing them up too. Never get a response and it's totally unacceptable at this point.

maloc

malocSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very poor service

Crap taps even worse warranty service!

The title says it all. Avoid Methven! After purchasing another methven tap was promised that future renovation needs would be looked after. At that stage no further responses to emails.

Toufic

TouficSydney, NSW

Methven going silent after warranty claim

Methven customer support and post sales support is atrocious! Simply ridiculous. I have been emailing them for the last two months about a warranty claim for a shower head and I have only had one response to an email asking me for details and proof and nothing since! Showerhead is under 3 years old and they supposedly have 25 years warranty!

Don't buy from them and dont buy thinking you are going to get peace of mind with their extended warranty. It's a load of crap.

danielrAU

Good solid well designed stainless steel tapware. But expensive, DOA , extremely faulty and bad customer service

David B.

David B.Perth, WA

Customer service magic

Our satinjet showerheads are failing. I called them and described the fault. I don't have a receipt as they were supplied by the builder. They asked for my address and immediately posted out replacements.

They're wonderful shower heads - they really don't feel like they're using so little water. And the customer service was amazing.

judbSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Great customer service

Great customer service from Methven when our Satinjet showerhead which is probably ten years old and a great showerhead stopped working efficiently. I emailed them a description and a photo of the problem and in less than a week they sent a replacement free of charge. My shower is back to normal - brilliant. Thank you, Methven.

Greg

GregSydney, NSW

Choose another brand

I purchased three fittings to be installed in the bathroom wall, two of the brass sections of the fittings split once the water was turned on, fortunately the plumber checked it before the wall was rendered. Under the warranty I was obliged to accept replacement ones however I would have preferred to buy a different brand. The rep blamed my plumber for using too much tape and spanner pressure however my plumber has been doing this for 20 years and the excuse given has no merit in my opinion, just an excuse. Under consumer laws I believe I was entitled to a refund, I should have pursued it but I will not buy any Methven again, nor will my plumber.

John Costello

John CostelloGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Methven customer service are awesome!

Gail w

Gail wSydney, NSW

Service wasn't helpful

I bought a Methven future shower rail/head, 5 years ago, it started leaking from the head after turning shower off, no it' not the washers in the taps. I contacted Methven with all the details, they told me to turn the head pointing to the ground then put a face washer over it. Great help guys, thanks for nothing!!

Simone P.Methven

IrishPat

IrishPatCanberra 2600, ACT

Methven Kiri Satinjet 5L ultra low flow version

Got one as part of a free bundle (normal price $135) with a Sanden hot water heat pump. Absolutely fantastic that it can save so much water while still giving a really enjoyable pleasurable shower. Highly recommend. Had to buy my own Flexispray dual pivot arm to go with it as the existing one was a cheaper all-in-one press fit one.

Fatima N

Fatima NMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Methven Kiri Satinjet Ultra Low Flow showerhead

I bought 2x Methven Kiri Satinjet Ultra Low flow showerheads. 1x Rose on modern arm and 1x Handheld. Excellent performance, I can't imagine a shower being this good using any less water. 5 Litres per minute is really impressive. Suprised how difficult they are to find. It's either UK import on Amazon (risky warranty) or buy from the Pure Electric online store I did the latter for peace of mind. Please be aware this is the 9 hole 5L version whereas the Bunnings 21 hole version is a gusher by comparison. This also has a way better pelting feeling than any other low flow showerhead I've tried.

Extra_GPerth

No serviceable parts

Simone P.Methven

Methven Ovalis Kitchen Mixer replacement

Emailed Methven re a fault in our 5 year old kitchen tap. Our tap model has been discontinued so we were advised to choose another mixer from their website. It arrived within a few days free of charge, then was fitted, free of charge, by their nominated plumber! Excellent, friendly service. Could not have been happier. Thank you

Slowriser

SlowriserThe Mallee, VIC

Great customer service

I recently renovated my bathroom and decided to go with Methven tap ware throughout, based on Methven shower heads I had used in some of the hotels I regularly stay in. I purchased a Kiri Hi Rise and a Krome rail shower.

While I loved the Krome, I was disappointed with the Kiri Hi Rise. After persevering for some months, I contacted Methven to let them know I felt the shower rose didn’t have the coverage I expected. After a bit of back and forth, they offered to send a replacement rose (Kiri Mk II) at no charge.

Fabulous customer service, on par with brands such as Apple and Dyson.
Highly recommend!

Meg D

Meg DSydney

Outstanding Customer Service

The customer service from Methven has been second to none. From the minute I contacted them they organised part and service, kept me informed along the way then followed up to ensure I was satisfied with the outcome.

An absolute pleasure to deal with. Will definitely look for their taps on my next purchase. They stand by their products. I wish more companies were like them.

Herb M

Herb MAU

Great warranty experience

I contacted their office to inquire about purchasing a replacement wand for a kitchen mixer as we damaged it. They offer a replacement under warranty as the item was purchased just under 5 years. Had to provide a couple of photos and proof of purchase.
Received it less than a week after the initial inquiry.
Great service Mertven!

Jimb

JimbGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Metven Flexyspray

I bought a metven kitchen mixer with flexible spray,after 5 years it had a leak still had receipt contacted supplier who contacted metven who organised a plumber to inspect,then replaced cartridge.Prety good service but took a bit of time to fix.

Elaine

ElainePerth, WA

A terrible product. Buyer beware!

Why such a bad quality at such a big price?

They certainly look very professional on the shelf.

I bought a Methven WELS 3 Star 7.5L/min Trigger Spray Kit Including Bracket And Hose from Bunnings for $99. It did not impress me while installing. The hose is too stiff for it’s use and so is the trigger. It is broken within 8 months after installation. Extremely frustrating to see the money flushed away like this. Would not recommend to buy this product to anyone.

Ron

Ronasked

Have a new Turoa Vjet. Slider bracket for shower head not tight enough to stop shower head falling. There is a grub screw inside the bracket but this will not tighten. Rob

Allan D    Highett

Allan D Highettasked

I have a Satinjet hand shower. The holder on the rail is loose and the hand shower keeps on falling down to face the wall when we shower. Can we tighten this up so it does not fall down?

judb

Hi Alan Can't help you with your problem but try contacting Methven direct. My problem was different from yours but I was very impressed with their customer service. https://www.methven.com/au/home or you can phone them I think. Judith

danielr

They sell faulty parts and know it. Avoid. See my review. I have to tell Bunnings.

You have to request for a new holder part. Mine was faulty from purchase and installation. My hose was damaged because of this and they sent the wrong hose, I have a stainless steel shower and was sent a chrome one. I responded with photos and its been two weeks since they responded. I now have to spend time chasing them up and micro managing mistakes which is tough right now.

Barry Quayleasked

The satinjet shower head is leaking on the bottom of the head - The black seal inside the satin jet shower head appears very worn and thin compared to an identical same age head that is less used in another bathroom
Is this under warranty or if not where can I get the seal replaced - I live in Coffs Harbour NSW

judb

Look up methven's website and find the contact. I emailed them, included a couple of pics and had a response within a couple of days. They sent a replacement within a week or so. It was simple to replace it. Absolutely one of the best pieces of customer service I've ever come across.

Barry Quayle

Will take your advice - thanks for replying

Get an answer from our members and Methven representatives