Metro Solar

Metro Solar

Excellent service.

6 kw system install by metro solar almost 2 years ago and it has been very efficient. Had noticed a few months of slightly lower output via iPad app. Turns out an optimizer had died leading to one panel not generating. A few phone calls later and replacement optimizer fitted in super quick time, all under warranty, no questions asked. Another still very happy metro solar customer. Was never fobbed off to another person, and dealt directly with the people/ person who knew what they were doing.
Keep up the Great work
Ps app has now been updated and individual panels are now monitored.
I enjoy watching my panels generate real savings to me and the environment.....

Warranty Claim MadeYes

Great system

Have had no problems with my system. Any issues that may arise are only a phone call away and Metro are happy to help, thanks guys you’ve been great. Looked at other systems but are really happy I went with metro, as I can see all the information with the app I have, I see how my system is producing and what the house is using it’s great.

Brilliant system

We found had a very good knowledge of the advantages of Solar. He was courteous and respectful at all times. So much so we have recommended him to our neighbours and several of them have also dealt with .We live in a lifestyle village and I have not met one referee that wasn't please with him

Metro Solar Recommended

Our system was ordered in November 2108, installed at the end of January 2019, and has been working very well since. Jordan was very helpful with coming out to our home and explaining everything that he could, and answering all of our questions (the ones we could think of at the time anyway). The installation was completed on a very hot day in January by two hardworking young men, and then checked by Colin a week later, who also spent extra time answering my many questions about the system. The enphase monitoring has been useful in helping us to know what appliances use lots of power and when, so we can make adjustments where possible. Metro Solar were also very helpful with the documentation and paperwork required to apply for the government rebate and for feed in tariffs. Be weary with that one though, as it has been nearly 3 months, and we are going to have to follow up on the government rebate (more time consuming phone calls) and we have found that even though we have been importing anything from 10-30 Kwh per day to the (electricty wholesaler) grid we have still not been 'approved' to recieve feed in tariffs for any of it, and if we are ('if' at this stage!) we will have no choice about them (the retailer) switching our plan to Time of Use, which means when we do have to import power from them (which is peak time when the sun is not out) we will have to pay twice as much per Kwh to them for it. I would strongly recommend you talk to others who have solar and ask them to explain how it has worked for them before making an investment. If you still decide to go down that path, I highly recommend Metro Solar (in Melbourne) and the enphase micro invertors. At this stage we are only importing a third to a half of our daily usage and are still on the same plan, which means our astronomical electricity bills will only be a third to a half of what they were, so we are loving it...

Panel Purchased Longi Mono Perc

Brilliant system - Thank you, Metro Solar!

I recently had Metro Solar install solar panels on my home. I am extremely happy with both the level of service and quality of the product provided by them - being from the first initial point of contact, right up until installation.

Throughout the whole process, Metro Solar were very easy to deal with and were always happy to answer any questions that I had. I can see that the cost savings are immediate, by having access to the "Enphase Energy - Enlighten" apt, that Metro Solar have provided.

I will highly recommend them to any member of my family or friends who might be looking at getting solar.

Panel Purchased Enphase Micro-Inverters
System Size3 KW
Purchase Price $4,945.00

how service should be

Belinda showed her skill and competence by referring a problem outside her skill set to Anthony who happily worked with me to resolve my problem, an example of excellent service

Panel Purchased canadien
System Size6.6 KW
Purchase Price $9,700.00

3 storey house, I think not!

I engaged Metro Solar on 7/12/2018. Communication was good and a quote was given via google Earth or the likes very quick. On the 21/2/19 the installers came out and told me the place needs fall protection and they would get it sorted and come back ASAP. Next thing I had a call from Metro Solar saying the installers are classing the house as 3 storey and I need to pay an extra $700 for fall protection which was heavily discounted according to salesman Jeremy. As I owner built the house I know there is no third storey and my wife didn't sneak a storey in. I explained to their salesman in great depth my house was tall and had a steep pitch and high gloss tiles (very slippery) at the sales stage. Should have been no surprise to them. If your house is single storey and standard build they will probably do a reasonable job. I suggest you go a local electrician as I did with Teaselec. From time of engagement it took them just over two weeks with $350 worth of fall protection. Get Metro Solar to come out to quote. Don't accept a google earth quote. Or go a local sparky.
Metro Solar wasted two months but to their credit they refunded all of my money and quickly.

Installed in 2013, pathetic follow up

MetroSolar (VIC) installed our system in 2013 (in Newcastle NSW). Lots of "promises" about monitoring our system, never happened because the wifi "connection" between the meter to our modem stopped working within days of the install.
When I phoned them I was told "it" is my problem. So our system has NEVER been monitored by MetroSolar as promised.
I am about to get a local reputable company to check our system to see if it is all working. At our cost !

The only correspondence we have had in the last 6 years is an email selling batteries.
Not even with a very long barge pole thank you. And now that MetroSolar VIC went broke, their promises are not even worth the 6 year old paper, they were written on.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

The very best professional company

From my initial phone call to Metro Solar and the panels being installed, were really terrific. Elaine kept me informed through out the entire process, the three men, Colin in charge arrived on time, had the system connected the same day, and cleaned up after the job. I normally find trades people very untidy and disrespectful to property, but Metro Solar, was the exception to my rule. Happy to give out my mobile number if necessary.

10 & 1/2 months job still not finished, been told not coming back. Paid $14,000

Yes everyone, one star should not be rated, as one star is too high. Solar installed 24/01/18, to this day still not hooked up and working. I have had 3 different contractors sent by metro solar on 3+ separate occasions. Firstly, wiring in roof cavity had no conduct used at all, no dektite rubbers used on roof, inverter burnt out within 2.5 months, all sorts of faulty workmanship. The last contractor who came and rewired the job properly to aus standards has to this day not been paid by metro solar. Please also be aware metro solar have previously gone bust mid this year, and are now trading as metro solar in nsw instead of victoria Metro Solar.

Excellent companies do still exist.

From my first dealing with Metro Solar I was very impressed. Everything was put in writing to me, friendly, helpful customer service (Jordan, you were amazing and extremely helpful) They made the process of getting my solar panels installed a seamless process. Communication was exceptional, Elaine the Installations manager was completely on the ball with the paperwork, they even complete the paperwork for you to apply for your rebate. The installers were friendly and polite. The entire process has just flowed and been stress free. Two of my friends are now getting their panels through them as they have been mucked around by other companies. I cannot recommend Metro Solar highly enough.

top quality service support & products

They made getting solar a breeze , no fuss installed extremely quickly and great to deal with.Very professional approach and service

Metro Solar is Number 1

I knew very little about solar, but Metro Solar guided me all the way. We have the perfect system for our home and I only have praise for the whole team

Don't go anywhere else

Regards Rob

Where’s my money

Where do I start at the beginning perfect communication 5 star but when I paid that’s it 4 months have yet to hear anything no installation date no nothing where did my 7,200 go???

Hi Sandie, Thank you for your review, we apologize that your job could not go ahead and we had to refund your deposit. It did take longer than usual but we really wanted to ensure there was no possible way of installing your system. Unfortunately, due to the unique design of your roof and after two different installation teams reviewing the installation, it has come to the conclusion that we could not install a compliant system and was left with no option but to full refund yourself. We do apologize again we really do not like having to cancel any jobs, and this was not the outcome yourself or Metro Solar wanted, but everything must be installed in a safe and compliant manner. Regards Metro Solar

Pass the buck merchants - jokers

Have an approx 2.4kw system on my roof installed a couple of years ago. The monitoring (power tracker) function was handy at the start but starting giving hassle within a couple of months. Contacted metro solar who gave me the run around, blaming powertracker and the delco box which is suppose to pick up the reading from the inverters. Looked at my bill recently and exported 9kw over the month of March, which seems pretty poor. Panels are north east facing so would think they should produce more than that in a month. Rang metro to see if I could get the monitoring back up and running. Giving me the run around again, speaking to a guy at metro solar he just says hang on a second and transfers me to power tracker without even letting me know. In fairness the lad at powertracker tried to assist, sent me a number of Delta guys - phone number disconnected........ shambles

Change of wifi modem

Pity I can't give more stars. The support team at Metro Solar are a legend.
Patience of Methuselah, or so it seems.
Thanks for all the help.

2nd Time as a customer

Had an additional 5Kw system installed by the same company. Install was on time and efficient, nice people to deal with over the phone and in person. Have recommended Metro Solar to people over the road. All good!!

Great job

We're very professional, punctual. Polite and the inspector told us the job was done exceptionally well. Very happy customers And would highly recommend metro solar

Very bad experience.

I Purchased 5.6kw system with 3 batteries from Metro Solar in Melbourne. It was very good price. Was promised installation on or before my summer billing cycle (01/12/2017). System was installed on the 30/11/17. All great so far.

The only thing that changed in the installation setup was they had to swap me from Canadian solar panels to Jinko panels because of US imposed tariffs on imports or exports or something similar due to the Trump administration. I believed this and accepted it with no issues and no delays in my installation.

On installation day (30/11/17) I did notice that all the installers were very young but it all seemed to go fine. I didn't get any paperwork or run down on anything, i just got a thumbs up and off they rushed as it was now getting dark.

I rang Metro solar the next day to see if the system was working and how i could monitor it, i was then told that the system was fine but no meter had been installed due to the NSW government changing the rules on the (01/12/17) on who is allowed to install the meter for solar systems. At this stage I started feeling a bit off about Metro solar considering this was my second change in our deal due to a government story.

I did bring up the fact that it was installed the day before the law was changed and that id payed $500 in the price for the meter, and that i felt a bit cheated as nothing was said about this to me prior. I was then told to ring my electricity supplier to arrange meter installation and i was refunded the $500. After that I was promised that my system was fully operational and all I would be missing out on was my feed in tariff until the meter was installed. I was told it would be a few days until they sorted a MyEnlighten login so i could monitor my system. I then was asked to pay in full the balance, and i did.

As soon as i payed the balance communication between me and metro solar became much harder.

I didn't receive my account login for two weeks and it was only because there accounting department contacted me and requested i sign a form so they could claim there REC's. Then when i refused to sign until i had my account setup i received it the next day. Then when i logged in I can finally see that my system is not working properly, actually its hardly working at all, now commence months of phone calls and emails of me being brushed and lots and lots of lies.

I’m going to jump ahead here because it’s important for people to know that these guys won’t lift a finger to help unless you’re pushing to get it sorted. My system was installed on the 30/11/17 and wasn't working correctly until 07/03/18. I had to go through NSW fair trading and send emails to Metro solar management on LinkedIn before they final sent someone out to fix it. They sent out [Name Removed] who spent two half days at my house to correct all the mistakes from the install and remount batteries that were hanging off the wall because they had been screwed into gyp-rock.

There is so much more i need to put in here but I’ve been battling with this for four months and i just can’t spend anymore time on it. It’s really burnt me out. $14000 investment to then show no savings at all over summer and with all the back and forth and being constantly brushed off.. Any decent company would have offered to pay my summer electricity bill and when i asked for 50% of it through fair trading Metro solar just went back to what they know best which is lies, telling me and NSW fair trading that it was bad data from Enphase and my system was working properly the whole time. I responded to this by asking what where the guys from Eris McCarthy doing there for two half days at my place fixing it? Of course there’s been no reply.

I noticed there is some good reviews on here for metro solar and after my experience i honestly question there legitimacy.

Also Google Metro solar Liquidation, its important information and may have something to do with the way this company conducts business.

Never have i left a bad review before, but I’ve never experienced this type of poor workmanship and terrible after sales service and care.

I was warned to stay local when choosing a solar company but the price was too good at the time, but in hindsight that money I saved has now gone into paying my electricity bill for the summer.

Please think twice before choosing to go with Metro solar, these people do not deserve your hard earned cash.

Thanks for reading and good luck with your solar purchase.

Incredable savings are possible.

Extremely good company to deal with since first contact with Adam Blacker, and right through to the installation and technical support with Anthony O'Connell.
It took a while to get there but it has al been worth it.
Having a very high grid usage with quarterly charges around $1900, 2nd to last usage $144 and last quarter $4.50, I am elated.
I have a large system with 40 cells & 9 batteries.
Great installers, Metro Solar back-up back & professional approach with top class workmanship.
I have and will continue to recommend Metro Solar with total confidence to anyone thinking of going solar.

Our solar power has been installed by Metro Solar in June 2017, we spend $5000 to installed 4.29KW Optimizers system, but at 12th February 2018 stop working till now, during this one month time, we made many calls to Metro Solar, and they send people twice to tried check the system, but could not find problems, is anyone have similar problems and any solutions please give some opinion?
Hi John, Apologies for responding here but i thought i would answer your question. Firstly please check your system as it is working correctly. The issue was a faulty manufactured plug on the optimiser which is extremely not common and have never seen this before. Under instruction form Solaredge we checked the isolator and cabling and gave all the data back to SolarEdge Engineers, this proved to still be inconclusive. So Solaredge shipped a brand new inverter just incase it was the inverter. On the final site visit, we waited for a new inverter to be shipped from the manufacture just in case it was the inverter, the team removed all panels and found that one of the optimiser has a pin in the plug of the optorisier was short in the pre manufactured plugged. This was extremely challenging fault to find, and considering the team complete uninstall all panels and re installed and spent a total of 12 hours between our site visits. Metro Solar and SolarEdge are extremely proud of the boys to find such a difficult fault. Sorry if you were at all inconvenience for the two week process. Regards Meto SolarYes I too have had metro solar install a 4.9 system lucky if it generates 14 kwh/ day have had many phone calls to them but still no fix.

Similar listings