Metro Solar

Great Service and Support

We have just recently had our new solar system installed by Metro Solar and would like to say that their support and service was outstanding.

From my initial inquiry and contact with one of their agents Jeremy Furness who went above and beyond his duty. He kept me informed and even phoned me on several occasions to keep me updated on what was happening to their support staff.

I have not hesitation in recommending Metro solar to anyone who is looking to get a solar system installed.

Panel Purchased 345w Canadia Solar modules
System Size6.55 KW

Residential Solar PV Installation

Overall a very good experience. Jordan was helpful, knowledgeable and responsive in designing the system. The installation team did a good job and I am enjoying watching the results flowing back into the grid.

Peter Briggs

Warranty Claim MadeNo

I would have given up if it hadn’t been for Jordan Loone!

The process of organising what I would have installed was seamless. Jordan was professional, efficient and informative. I liked the transparency. He was also extremely helpful with my application owing to problems with portals, duplication of digital materials provided etc. 10/10 for Metro, 3/10 to the Victorian Government.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Do NOT purchase from this company

We purchased a 7kw system in 2015 at a cost of $17,000.00. All worked well until May of 2018. We have a system that is now working at a capacity of 2kw. We have noticed that 12 of the 14 micro inverters are NOT working and queried to Power Tracker why they are not working? We were told that the 'unit' must be too far from our WiFi. We produced photographs to Power Tracker showing that their 'unit' was only recording a reading of 2kw, and that in fact it was not too far from our WiFi. Power Tracker then referred to Metro Solar, claiming that the fault is with Metro Solar. When we made contact with Metro Solar regarding this issue, no replies from any sales/service team member had occurred. We were then forced to use the services of Consumer & Business Affairs, and during this time [Name Removed] the General Manager of Metro Solar has only responded twice, all the while stating we have to pay for a service to determine the issue. We have sent proof to Metro Solar on Power Tracker's system that the inverters are not functioning, and that a service is not required but a repair. Both companies are trying to pass blame as to who is at fault. [Name Removed] now no longer returns correspondence to either us or Business & Consumer Affairs. As we reside in South Australia Metro Solar hope that we will just fade away as their South Australian Branch appears to have closed. We have noted that their business has been deregistered in all states including Victoria (which has had a name transfer) from the time they went into liquidation in June of 2016. This is a warranty issue, and a lack of service issue. We are now having to rely on the services Consumer & Business Affairs, social media (including mainstream media) and the possibility of legal action. DO NOT BUY FROM EITHER COMPANY!!!!!!!

August 21st 2019 Update: Update of Service From Metro Solar

After my post/review of Metro Solar on the 18th of June 2019, I am providing an update as of the 21st of August 2019. After many correspondence between us and Metro Solar they finally agreed to send a technician out to inspect the solar panels and inverters at their cost. His diagnosis was inconclusive as he was unable to see whether the lights on the inverters were operational. Metro Solar then advised us to relocate the WIFI unit in the shed where the panels are located to able to read the inverters. After several weeks we were informed that in fact 13 of the 14 inverters are in fact nonoperational, and that Metro Solar were now able to make a a warranty claim to APS (The micro inverter manufacturer). Metro Solar queried us 2 weeks later whether as to we have heard from APS as to the despatch of the inverters in which we had not any correspondence from Metro Solar or APS. We received the micro inverters on the 13th of August and informed Metro Solar on the the 14th of August that we had received the packages on the previous day. They e-mailed us to say they have 'ticketed' our installation and that their Adelaide branch will contact us to arrange a date and time for installation. Surprise.....surprise! We are still waiting for any form of contact regarding the installation. My advice to any potential customer is that if you live outside of Victoria do NOT purchase this system!

System Size7 KW
Purchase Price $17,000.00

Good choice

All went smoothly, Metro Solar were very easy to work with , Jordon in particular, he was always available to answer any questions. We had every confidence with the installers , and inspection was done on time.

Excellent service

Jordan is very efficient and knowledgeable. The process from initial discussion to installation was smooth. Had no problem since our solar system was installed in June 2018. Happy with everything.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Quality product and installation by Metro solar

A first class service from start to finish with Elaine and her team answering and dealing with all my concerns.
Very happy with the quality of the product and workmanship.
Whenever I needed to contact Metro solar there would always be someone taking the call and an action or answer provided promptly.
Overall, a hassle free and smooth experience.
If you need solar I highly recommend speaking to Metro solar first.

Panel Purchased Canadian panels
System Size5.175 KW
Purchase Price $7,300.00

Slow installation however worth the wait

Great knowledge and advice from the sales team, Jordan in particular. Many phone calls made to Jordan in regards to best system for my needs. Changed my decision several times however was never a problem. Paid deposit then the waiting began.

Took about 6 months for the system to be installed with little follow up. Had to keep calling for updates and was at times given false information.

Installers were great, punctual and reliable.

Had numerous issues with the inverter needing replacing on 2 occasions. Anthony was very helpful and looked into the system and arranged to have new inverters sent to me for installation. Anthony is very knowledgeable and helpful Assisting in any way he could. He still assist me over a year on with issues I have with the system.

Overall, very happy with the price, service, sales and support however the installations department needs some work.

Panel Purchased Solar Edge
System Size6.5 KW

Excellent service.

6 kw system install by metro solar almost 2 years ago and it has been very efficient. Had noticed a few months of slightly lower output via iPad app. Turns out an optimizer had died leading to one panel not generating. A few phone calls later and replacement optimizer fitted in super quick time, all under warranty, no questions asked. Another still very happy metro solar customer. Was never fobbed off to another person, and dealt directly with the people/ person who knew what they were doing.
Keep up the Great work
Ps app has now been updated and individual panels are now monitored.
I enjoy watching my panels generate real savings to me and the environment.....

Great system

Have had no problems with my system. Any issues that may arise are only a phone call away and Metro are happy to help, thanks guys you’ve been great. Looked at other systems but are really happy I went with metro, as I can see all the information with the app I have, I see how my system is producing and what the house is using it’s great.

Brilliant system

We found had a very good knowledge of the advantages of Solar. He was courteous and respectful at all times. So much so we have recommended him to our neighbours and several of them have also dealt with .We live in a lifestyle village and I have not met one referee that wasn't please with him

Metro Solar Recommended

Our system was ordered in November 2108, installed at the end of January 2019, and has been working very well since. Jordan was very helpful with coming out to our home and explaining everything that he could, and answering all of our questions (the ones we could think of at the time anyway). The installation was completed on a very hot day in January by two hardworking young men, and then checked by Colin a week later, who also spent extra time answering my many questions about the system. The enphase monitoring has been useful in helping us to know what appliances use lots of power and when, so we can make adjustments where possible. Metro Solar were also very helpful with the documentation and paperwork required to apply for the government rebate and for feed in tariffs. Be weary with that one though, as it has been nearly 3 months, and we are going to have to follow up on the government rebate (more time consuming phone calls) and we have found that even though we have been importing anything from 10-30 Kwh per day to the (electricty wholesaler) grid we have still not been 'approved' to recieve feed in tariffs for any of it, and if we are ('if' at this stage!) we will have no choice about them (the retailer) switching our plan to Time of Use, which means when we do have to import power from them (which is peak time when the sun is not out) we will have to pay twice as much per Kwh to them for it. I would strongly recommend you talk to others who have solar and ask them to explain how it has worked for them before making an investment. If you still decide to go down that path, I highly recommend Metro Solar (in Melbourne) and the enphase micro invertors. At this stage we are only importing a third to a half of our daily usage and are still on the same plan, which means our astronomical electricity bills will only be a third to a half of what they were, so we are loving it...

Panel Purchased Longi Mono Perc

Brilliant system - Thank you, Metro Solar!

I recently had Metro Solar install solar panels on my home. I am extremely happy with both the level of service and quality of the product provided by them - being from the first initial point of contact, right up until installation.

Throughout the whole process, Metro Solar were very easy to deal with and were always happy to answer any questions that I had. I can see that the cost savings are immediate, by having access to the "Enphase Energy - Enlighten" apt, that Metro Solar have provided.

I will highly recommend them to any member of my family or friends who might be looking at getting solar.

Panel Purchased Enphase Micro-Inverters
System Size3 KW
Purchase Price $4,945.00

how service should be

Belinda showed her skill and competence by referring a problem outside her skill set to Anthony who happily worked with me to resolve my problem, an example of excellent service

Panel Purchased canadien
System Size6.6 KW
Purchase Price $9,700.00

3 storey house, I think not!

I engaged Metro Solar on 7/12/2018. Communication was good and a quote was given via google Earth or the likes very quick. On the 21/2/19 the installers came out and told me the place needs fall protection and they would get it sorted and come back ASAP. Next thing I had a call from Metro Solar saying the installers are classing the house as 3 storey and I need to pay an extra $700 for fall protection which was heavily discounted according to salesman Jeremy. As I owner built the house I know there is no third storey and my wife didn't sneak a storey in. I explained to their salesman in great depth my house was tall and had a steep pitch and high gloss tiles (very slippery) at the sales stage. Should have been no surprise to them. If your house is single storey and standard build they will probably do a reasonable job. I suggest you go a local electrician as I did with Teaselec. From time of engagement it took them just over two weeks with $350 worth of fall protection. Get Metro Solar to come out to quote. Don't accept a google earth quote. Or go a local sparky.
Metro Solar wasted two months but to their credit they refunded all of my money and quickly.

Installed in 2013, pathetic follow up

MetroSolar (VIC) installed our system in 2013 (in Newcastle NSW). Lots of "promises" about monitoring our system, never happened because the wifi "connection" between the meter to our modem stopped working within days of the install.
When I phoned them I was told "it" is my problem. So our system has NEVER been monitored by MetroSolar as promised.
I am about to get a local reputable company to check our system to see if it is all working. At our cost !

The only correspondence we have had in the last 6 years is an email selling batteries.
Not even with a very long barge pole thank you. And now that MetroSolar VIC went broke, their promises are not even worth the 6 year old paper, they were written on.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

The very best professional company

From my initial phone call to Metro Solar and the panels being installed, were really terrific. Elaine kept me informed through out the entire process, the three men, Colin in charge arrived on time, had the system connected the same day, and cleaned up after the job. I normally find trades people very untidy and disrespectful to property, but Metro Solar, was the exception to my rule. Happy to give out my mobile number if necessary.

10 & 1/2 months job still not finished, been told not coming back. Paid $14,000

Yes everyone, one star should not be rated, as one star is too high. Solar installed 24/01/18, to this day still not hooked up and working. I have had 3 different contractors sent by metro solar on 3+ separate occasions. Firstly, wiring in roof cavity had no conduct used at all, no dektite rubbers used on roof, inverter burnt out within 2.5 months, all sorts of faulty workmanship. The last contractor who came and rewired the job properly to aus standards has to this day not been paid by metro solar. Please also be aware metro solar have previously gone bust mid this year, and are now trading as metro solar in nsw instead of victoria Metro Solar.

Excellent companies do still exist.

From my first dealing with Metro Solar I was very impressed. Everything was put in writing to me, friendly, helpful customer service (Jordan, you were amazing and extremely helpful) They made the process of getting my solar panels installed a seamless process. Communication was exceptional, Elaine the Installations manager was completely on the ball with the paperwork, they even complete the paperwork for you to apply for your rebate. The installers were friendly and polite. The entire process has just flowed and been stress free. Two of my friends are now getting their panels through them as they have been mucked around by other companies. I cannot recommend Metro Solar highly enough.

top quality service support & products

They made getting solar a breeze , no fuss installed extremely quickly and great to deal with.Very professional approach and service

Our solar power has been installed by Metro Solar in June 2017, we spend $5000 to installed 4.29KW Optimizers system, but at 12th February 2018 stop working till now, during this one month time, we made many calls to Metro Solar, and they send people twice to tried check the system, but could not find problems, is anyone have similar problems and any solutions please give some opinion?
Hi John, Apologies for responding here but i thought i would answer your question. Firstly please check your system as it is working correctly. The issue was a faulty manufactured plug on the optimiser which is extremely not common and have never seen this before. Under instruction form Solaredge we checked the isolator and cabling and gave all the data back to SolarEdge Engineers, this proved to still be inconclusive. So Solaredge shipped a brand new inverter just incase it was the inverter. On the final site visit, we waited for a new inverter to be shipped from the manufacture just in case it was the inverter, the team removed all panels and found that one of the optimiser has a pin in the plug of the optorisier was short in the pre manufactured plugged. This was extremely challenging fault to find, and considering the team complete uninstall all panels and re installed and spent a total of 12 hours between our site visits. Metro Solar and SolarEdge are extremely proud of the boys to find such a difficult fault. Sorry if you were at all inconvenience for the two week process. Regards Meto SolarYes I too have had metro solar install a 4.9 system lucky if it generates 14 kwh/ day have had many phone calls to them but still no fix.Hi Justin, Sorry for the late reply, unfortunately, we did not see your question as it has been added in with some else question. Please reach out to us we would love to make sure your system is working 100%, we do have performance guarantees in place with some customers. Again, please contact support@metrosolar.com.au as I can not find a Justin with a 4.9kW system in our database. Regards, Metro Solar

Metro Solar