MG ZS

MG ZS (2017-2021)

Also referred to as: MG ZS 2020 and MG ZS 2022. Essence, Excite
See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for MG? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features

SteveW
SteveWPerth, WA

Very Impressed so far. Zippier than I expected and plenty of built in extras.

Use my car daily - both work and private. Not serviced yet as only got it 3 weeks ago. Going really well so far and will hopefully continue to do so.

Purchased in September 2021.

Reader
ReaderRockhampton

DO not buy this car

Great for first 6 months and downhill all the way from there. Dealership say they can't find anything wrong. Gave them a list of the problems including an engine that dies. Kangaroo jumps in reverse, makes terrible sound when started, tried to stop and brake didn't work, had to use hand brake to stop. Dealership had my car for 6 days and haven't called me .I called them twice. Problem is intermittent and understand can be difficult to diagnose but shouldn't be happening anyway. Engine dying is a safety issue .Car is rubbish. Customer service is atrocious.

Purchased in June 2018.

Best car I’ve ever owned

I use my car every day and I’ve driven it on two long trips, my MG handled both trips with ease and was extremely comfortable to drive over long distances. The ride was very smooth na the drivers comfort and the comfort of the passengers was second to none. Plus it also came with MG Roadside assistance which gave us peace of mind. Great car exceeds all my expectations

Purchased in October 2020.

Belinda S.
Belinda S.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

This is my new car post car accident

I sell Lorraine Lea this car, it is easy to drive and its features are easy to operate. Its comfortable. I use this car everyday and feel great driving it.

Purchased in July 2021 at MG Werribee for $27,000.00.

Midsize / Medium SUVs

Find out how MG ZS compares to other Midsize / Medium SUVs

Tracy T.
Tracy T.Sydney, NSW

So Far im impressed !

Purchased in May 2021 for $25,990.00.

Spends more time on a tow truck than driving

Purchased in December 2018 for $23,000.00.

TransmissionAutomatic

Great Car Great Price

I bought an MG Essence in November of 2018 and haven't looked back. Beautifully designed, wonderful to drive and without a doubt a lot of automobile for a great price. At around 25K the Essence comes with alloy wheels, sunroof, blue tooth Apple Car play connectivity and reverse cameras among other features. Worth the test drive.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews

Owjan
Owjanasked
ZS Essence

My question is why would you buy a bran new Chinese car when you can have a few years old Japanese or Korean car for the same money?

Nick
Nick

Exactly what I think also

Marty
Martyasked
ZS Essence

Has anyone purchased the new Mg Hs suv excite model and what are your thoughts?

Jarrod E.
Jarrod E.

Picking mine up next Monday. Will give you an update when I’ve got it. But from the test drive, I loved it.

Robyn22
Robyn22

Friend has one and says its a real disappointment - as they say "Buy Cheap . . . . Pay Twice". Buyer beware they are in fact made in China and are a bit like the first Hyundai's - they were cheap, but they were rubbish.

Robert G

as an owner of 7 months and 14000k i can say im thrilled with my MG HS Essence. Best car ive ever owned by far. Moved from a Sonata HyundI Premium The MG much superior

Trish81
Trish81asked
ZS Essence

I enjoyed reading your review. I’ve just bought the MG ZS Excited and I’m waiting for it to be delivered. Do you have a boot liner and if so where did you get it from? Were there any other accessories that you bought apart from the Excite and I’m waiting for it to be delivered. Do you have a boot liner and if so where did you get it from? Were there any other accessories that you bought apart from the Matt and the Floor mats?

brett w

Hey Trish81 I did get a tow ball. I did want a particular hitch, but because the brand and car was new at the time, the hitch I was after wasn’t available and that was the same with roof racks. It’s almost a year now that maybe different. Apart from that nothing on top of what you get with base model .... which was a lot considering the price. Happy driving.

Robert G

Aliexpress has many very well prices accessories

MG ZS (2017-2021)

Compare both MG ZS (2017-2021)
CategoryMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVs
Starting Price $21,990$25,990
TransmissionAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrol
Phone ConnectivityBluetooth
Safety Features
CamerasRear
Parking SensorsRear
Compare both MG ZS (2017-2021)

Other Midsize / Medium SUVs