Michael Blast Greaser

Michael Blast Greaser

Awesome bike.

Bike has an exciting riding position. The balance and steering set up are quite different from most bikes I have ridden, it makes travelling at higher speeds a real pleasure.

Purchased in December 2018.

2000 km and still going strong

Purchased 2 yrs ago, great fun to ride . Saving heaps on fuel licence etc , everyone you meet wants to know details. i ride it every chance i get , couldnt be more happy . Thanks Conrad.

Purchased in October 2017 at Melo Velo for $3,000.00.

Fab ride!

I have lost my car license for 6 months and I thought it was the perfect way of getting the mobility i still need. Not sure I want my car back now!

March 25th 2019 Update: Just Ok

I love the look of it. It feels good to ride but the battery capacity is not great. Looking at buying a second one. Not cheap either $600-$650.
Also some design issues with brackets rubbing, taking the paint off the the body...only after 3 weeks. A bit annoyed.

Purchased in March 2019.

Hi Fab, thank you for your review mate if you have any questions please reach out to us via our website - www.michaelblast.com.au Cheers Conrad Lovett CEO Michael Blast AustraliaHi Fab, thank you for your updated review. Firstly our battery capacity is as we have claimed in our description you can obtain 50+ Klm per charge when ridden as intended. We did explain to you that if there were any concerns you could take it back to the place in which you purchased it for them to check the bike over and make an assessment. We have a great warranty claims process however warranty is only ever on manufacturing defects and does not cover wear and tear from general use. You can reach out to us at anytime via our website or put your concerns within the Michael Crew FB group Kindest regards Conrad Lovett CEO Michael BlastThank you for your email. I have bought the bike 3 weeks ago because i have lost my driver's license. the battery is probably doing what you said it was doing. i am doing more kms than expected probably. Looking at how easy it was to change the battery i noticed, the rubbing on the battery cover not because of miss use but because of the design. I have sent you the photos. I was expecting a different response from you in all honesty. it is a real inconvenient for me to have to drop the bike to have it assessed because of a bad design on the headlight bracket, i need the bike every day. i need a battery in the meantime, i thought it would just simplify each other life if you were going to be more generous than $50 (also i appreciate the gesture) just because of the inconvenience. I like the bike, i like the ride, battery so-so, the service not too sure at the moment.

Perfect Bridge Between Bikes and Motorcycles

Function: I love the fact that this bike let's me travel on roads and pathways designed for either cars or people. This has let me cut my travel time from 1 hour to about 15 minutes now since I can weave through traffic easily.

Design: I love the retro cafe vibe of this bike and most of the people I meet on the road share the same sentiments.

Technical: The pedal assist system is on point and responsive. The added throttle is very convenient especially during times that pedaling would be awkward or difficult. The 250W motor is apt for daily use and sucks up just enough juice for the battery to last me 3 back and forth commutes which adds up to about 42km. The frame is very sturdy and surprisingly light for the design. The wheel thickness makes sense aesthetically as well as functionally with Philippine roads having a good share of potholes.

Customer Service: Customer service is superb. I had problems with either the BMS, trip computer or ECU. Since it was difficult to troubleshoot as my bike is offshore, the company opted to send me all three parts free of charge. They are very responsive to questions and requests.

Purchased in January 2018 for $3,350.00.

Hi Lagosite thank you for the kind words and we appreciate your thorough review. Please reach out to us via our website if you have any questions www.michaelblast.com.au

Almost at 1,000km. Love every k. Use it to get to work - to hit the beach - to just go and clear my head.

They are attractive & functional.
I didn’t put a throttle on so I can get some exercise while having fun
Some battery on way to work. A touch of power coming home.

Purchased in April 2018 for $3,500.00.

Hey Steve, much appreciated for the review mate if you have any questions please be sure to reach out to us www.michaelblast.com.au

Could not be happier with my bike

From my earliest enquires to my subsequent purchase & the fun of riding a bike after many years not riding the whole experience has been awesome.
My greaser has opened up a whole new world & enables me to ride further with the battery when I get tired. A very well built bike that will give anyone who purchases one years of reliable service

Purchased in February 2018.

Awesome, thanks for the review mate, we really appreciate it and hope you get many years out of your GREASER. If you have any questions please reach out to us via our website www.michaelblast.com.au

Excellent A++

Well built. Well powered. Excellent, fun machine. Excellent for easy daily commutes or just cruising and looking good, Gets all the attention and questions from the public young and old alike. an ability to lock off the electronics and wheel and some storage in the "tank" would be some handy improvements that would make an absolutely awesome machine even better

Purchased in February 2019 at Pushys for $3,080.00.

Hey Josh, Thank you for the suggestions mate, they would be great if we do a different GREASER version when the time comes. We hope you continue to "Snap Necks" whilst cruising If you have any questions please reach out to us via our website www.michaelblast.com.au

The future

Absolutely addicted to this machine and it ticks all the boxes. Easy to assemble, fast, fun, bloody good looking! Since receiving my Greaser I have barely even used my car. Onlookers can’t help but stare... These are definitely the future!

Purchased in November 2018.

Hey Kendrick, thanks for the review mate if you have any questions please reach out to us via our website Cheers to "The Future" www.michaelblast.com.auYou are more than welcome to join our MB Crew page on FB if you want to chat more and post up pics of your ride or just want to connect with other Greaser owners in your area. https://www.facebook.com/groups/129583961059656/

Love This Bike

This bike has become my every day commuter. Purchased on Amazon (supplied by a store in Alberta), shipped fast, assembled easily and enough charge out of the crate to take the first ride. I was instantly giggling like i was ten years old again (I'm 50). I got the black on black with white walls. I have been asked questions every time I take it out and I ride it every day. The big headlight casts good light a fair distance, if i had one complaint it would be that there is no tail light. I am now Canadian winter testing it. I swapped out the white walls with something a little more aggressive. So far (its january 29) I am very impressed. It well out performs my mountain bike in the snow. The sprocket and chain aren't very happy, lube don't last long in the salt, sand and slush. I would definitely recommend this bike, it is an absolute BLAST! I am not babying this thing, I'm beating the crap out of it and any warranty is likely void. 5 stars all the way. Heres hoping I don't kill it. I love the Greaser, thank you Michael Blast.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Red, thanks for leaving us a review mate, i see you are in Canada it must be Brrrr Chilly there :) We are really happy that you are loving it! Makes us smile when we read reviews like this You are more than welcome to join our MB Crew page on FB if you want to chat more and post up pics of your ride https://www.facebook.com/groups/129583961059656/

Love it!

I have had mine for just on a year and it is the best purchase I have ever made. I get out most days especially over summer and ride 35km’s+ Per day. The down side is everyone wants to stop you to have a chat to find out what it is!!! It is a pleasure to ride making longer ride super comfortable. it is hard going riding it if the battery goes flat but I’m planning my rides better now so I arrive back with power to spare.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hey Slig, Glad you love your MB GREASER mate, we try and make our products as cool as possible. You are more than welcome to join our MB Crew page on FB if you want to chat more and post up pics of your ride or just want to connect with other Greaser owners in your area. https://www.facebook.com/groups/129583961059656/

Happiness is a Greaser

My Black on Black with White wall tyres, is a classic that makes me smile! Love riding it every chance I get and enjoy the Electricity assistance, that makes hills and riding into the wind a breeze! I added saddlebags to the Rear Pannier Rack, so scooting to the shop. Just adds to the pleasure of riding my Greaser!!! This bike is the best investment, in my Happiness and Health. The whole set up, is ergonomically right from me. Win Win all around I say!!! I can see my Greaser Happiness, as a never ending story!

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Buckles, Thank you very much for your honest review, We are stoked you are loving your Greaser, it genuinely makes us proud of the product we have created when we get reviews like yours :) Enjoy your Greaser and keep in touch Cheers Conrad Lovett CEO Michael Blast AustraliaYou are more than welcome to join our MB Crew page on FB if you want to chat more and post up pics of your ride or just want to connect with other Greaser owners in your area. https://www.facebook.com/groups/129583961059656/

Celebrity Status in town

I absolutely love the bike and after bringing it into an E Bike dealer in Corvallis they fell in love with it after I gave the owner a ride. I've been on multiple trips and it performs flawlessly. I recently took a 20+ mile round trip and returned home with over a half charge remaining on the battery. I have recently been advised that this site only covers Australia. I attempted to remove my review but unfortunately I am having a bit of an issue.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Bob, thank you for your review, yes mate Michael Blast Australia only services customers in Australia. Each country is independent of each other. Kindest Regards Conrad Lovett CEO Michael Blast Australia

A bike that is a work of art

I have not stopped smiling since I got my bike it’s great I love it even when you are not riding it it’s like a work of art. I have add a rack and throttle finger switch and am now hoping to get some panyers made up for the back rack so they match the seat and grips

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thanks for the review Richie boy, Panniers would look sweet on the back of the Greaser. The Greaser sure is a great bike to have a chinwag over and stops people in their tracks when they see it. We are very happy that you love it! if you require anything or have any questions please contact us via our website - www.michaelblast.com.au Cheers Conrad Lovett Director Michael Blast AustraliaYou are more than welcome to join our MB Crew page on FB if you want to chat more and post up pics of your ride or just want to connect with other Greaser owners in your area. https://www.facebook.com/groups/129583961059656/

Cool and Practical

Have recently purchased a Greaser. My poor car is now lonely in the garage and the Greaser is in the lounge room!! The Bike is not just fun it is a true commuter. I’m doing nearly 40km a day and having a blast. Quality is great and a very comfortable ride. Need to find Greaser club for weekend fun!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Thanks for the review Steve if you require anything or have any questions please contact us via our website - www.michaelblast.com.au Cheers Conrad Lovett Director Michael Blast AustraliaYou are more than welcome to join our MB Crew page on FB if you want to chat more and post up pics of your ride or just want to connect with other Greaser owners in your area. https://www.facebook.com/groups/129583961059656/

The BEST!

What a bike! Great build, great quality and great style.
Where I live is quite hilly and I wanted something to take the sting out of all the climbs on the way home. I was a little apprehensive if the greaser would perform on some of the steeper hills but it did so with ease!
A very fun bike to ride!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Lisa, thank you very much for the awesome review if you require anything or have any questions please contact us via our website - www.michaelblast.com.au Cheers Conrad Lovett Director Michael Blast AustraliaYou are more than welcome to join our MB Crew page on FB if you want to chat more and post up pics of your ride or just want to connect with other Greaser owners in your area. https://www.facebook.com/groups/129583961059656/

Don’t usually write reviews, but really good product deserve a thumbs up

It’s the real deal guys.... great build, individual styling with real character, GREAT value (do your research and there is nothing quite like it for the price), and five star service. If you want a fun and practical cruiser it’s absolutely top notch, and it really has presence In the flesh...

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hey Pablo, thanks for the knd words mate, also i appreciate you answering questions that are asked by other interested riders :) The GREASER is truly a fun bike to ride! If you require anything or have any questions please contact us via our website - www.michaelblast.com.au Cheers Conrad Lovett Director Michael Blast AustraliaPeace bruv =)

This is more than an electric bike

I recently got my Greaser in classic black with brown leather - and it is gorgeous. Not only do I think that, but it’s a genuine head turner. I have comments all the time when riding past and even the most battle hardened cyclist in full lycra stops to appreciate it. I have the 250w version and use it to ride a commute of 12km each way and it’s perfect. I have a steep hill near my house and it makes that morning lift up it so much easier than before. Stunning!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Mathew, thank you so much for your review of our Greaser, we are very happy that we have another Greaser rider amongst us :) if you have any questions or issues please reach out to us at anytime. Cheers Conrad Lovett Director Michael Blast Australia www.michaelblast.com.au

BOOM ! THERE THE GO !

Well finally made the disision to buy one could not be happier great quality just a all round good think

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Clay, we are glad you decided to pull the trigger and buy a Greaser, it will give you many trouble free years of service. If you have any issues or questionsplease reach out to us at anytime Cheers Conrad Lovett Director Michael Blast Australia www.michaelblast.com.au

The Best and Coolest Purchase I have ever made !

When you ride it, you cant wipe the smile off your face. I have always been into bikes and the Greaser is well designed and really well put together. I have been looking at electrics bikes for at least 5 years. Almost bought one from the states, but so glad I waited. Like some of the other lucky owners, lots of looks and questions from people on the streets. Overall - Awesome! Would highly recommend the Greaser.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Stickman, thanks for the awesome review mate! We are happy that our Greaser puts a smile on your face, we would love some photos of you and your Greaser please send them through to our email address lovettindustries@yahoo.com.au and we will put them up on our FB page with a link to your review. Please reach out to us anytime if you have questions relating to your Greaser, we are always happy to help. Cheers Conrad Lovett Director Michael Blast and Lovett Industries Australia www.michaelblast.com.au

A wonderful bike at a Great price point.

Im very happy with my Greaser. The overall quality is great.

I've had loads of strangers approach me to comment on the wonderful looks of this beast, and it *is* a beast. At 28kgs The Greaser is no lightweight but even with the PAS off she's still completely rideable thanks to the 6/7 (?) gears.

Also, she's physically large. Any vid you watch showing short folk riding The Greaser....well they aint short folk, its a huge bike.

It has a really long wheelbase and is taller than I expected. At 5'10'' I have to have the saddle very low. Dont let the pics fool you this is no BMX size bicycle.

I've never ridden an electric bike before but even with the UK's strict rules on motor size and speed, this bike is still a joy to ride.

Is it perfect? No, there's one or two little tweaks I'd personally make but any small issues pale in comparison to the rest of the bike and the whole experience of ownership.

There's an Electric Bike in my local cycle shop that has a similar spec as The Greaser but at 100 quid more and without the looks and charm she has.

Other vintage bikes I looked at were far more pricey.

Im so happy to have mine I just want to constantly show her off and normally I'm a hugely shy person.

Lastly, this isnt a "gimmick" bike

For me, it's my sole form of transport and once I get my fitness back up will be doing a 30mile round trip daily.

My only tip for new owners is don't underestimate her size so when buying a U/D lock get one longer than normal.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Frank, thanks for your awesome and informative review on our Greaser electric bike, if you have any questions please reach out to us at anytime. Cheers Conrad Lovett Director Michael Blast Australia www.michaelblast.com.auI do have a couple of questions, whats the best way to contact you?Via email - lovettindustries@yahoo.com.au Or FB message via our main page - www.facebook.com/lovettindustries

I have a greaser 25km/h Can you please inform me about error 3 please? Thanks, Alain

Hi, I was going up a hill and all power went. Battery was reading full but have charged it just to confirm. Still no power. Is there a main fuse? I have checked all connectors seem connected. If not what do you suspect is the culprit?Thanks Richard

Just took delivery. LOVE IT. Not sure if you overexcited but the throttle thumb lever got pushed all the way around back and now doesn’t throttle properly. Sorta works but not to full speed. Pedal assist fine. Any ideas? Can I take apart and fix?
Hey Michael, join our FB group mate and post some pics of your problem. I’m sure we can advise what to do to rectify the issue. It sounds like It is a simple fix. Here is a link to our dedicated group https://www.facebook.com/groups/michaelblastcrew/?ref=shareI think I joined but I hate facebook..but will check in for this. wife ran off with old high school boyfriend. Just a loose screw on throttle, opened the body and tightened. Works perfect!

The GREASER by Michael Blast is a 100% Australian designed vintage electric bike and 2019 winner of the Good Design Award in the Product Design - Sport and Lifestyle Category.

Inspired by the timeless 1920's board tracker, this e-bike features a vintage style LED headlamp, 5 speed electric motor assist with 7 Speed Shimano Acera-MF-TZ31 gears and a Tig welded aluminium bike frame. The 250 Watt model is EN15194 certified and legal for use on all shared pathways and public Australian roads.

In the Box: 1 x Greaser Electric Bicycle, 1 x Charger, 1 x Owner's Manual, 1 x Pair of Pedals

Key Specifications:
Motor 250/500 Watt Model - BAFANG 250/500W - Geared Brushless Rear Hub Electric Motor
Battery 250 Watt Model - Samsung™ Lithium-Ion 36volt 13ah, 500 Watt Model - Samsung™ Lithium-Ion 48volt 14.5ah
Speed 250 Watt Model - 25km/h, 500 Watt Model - 40+km/h
Range 250/500 Watt Model - 50+km*
Propulsion 250 Watt Model - Pedal assist, 500 Watt Model - Pedal assist with thumb throttle
Gears 5 speed electric motor assist with 7 speed Shimano Acera- MF-TZ31 7sp 14-34 Mega-range Multi Freewheel Cassette - ProWheel Solid Crankset 46t
Brakes Tektro Hydraulic Auriga (180mm front / 160mm rear)
Wheels and Tyres DURO Beach Bum 26’x 3.00
Weight 250 Watt Model - 28kg inc battery, 500 Watt Model - 29kg inc battery
Certification 250 Watt Model EN15194 safety/compliance *500 Watt Model Classed as Non Road Vehicle (Private Use ONLY)
Warranty 5 years on frame, 1 year on electrical components