8Michael Blast Greaser

95% · 352 · 5%

Battery Life
Braking
Suspension
Practical bike that handles lengthy commutes
Comfortable on long rides
Cool, good-looking bike
See the Best Electric Bikes in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Owjan
OwjanNSWSydney, NSW13 posts

Best Toy Ever

One of the best toys that a middle age man can have. I had a pleasure to ride this bike for 3 years and if not a head in collusion accident hadn't put me away from 2 wheelers I could ride it to the ground. Not suitable for conservative mind. Show details
Suspension
Norm2 posts

Love the greaser and have 2. BUT can’t get any support or reply from Michael Blast for 6 months

No reply from Michael Blast. Even listed repairs can’t contact them. Love the bikes but will buy different brands as no support from Michael Blast. Send messages over 6 months with no response. Very poor Show details ·  1
SpankyHamACTCanberra 2600, ACT15 posts

Great bike and reliable service

It’s a beautiful head turner and I love riding this slowly so everyone can see it. Had problems with the battery but a solution was provided by the manufacturer. Thanks. Show details
private name
private name

Throttle only intermittently works. Headlight same thing. Dies each ride despite 3/4 charge indicated

Maiden voyage, throttle did not result in speed increase. Minutes later throttle worked. Headlight-intermittently works. Stopped working 1st ride despite having 3/4 of battery left per indicator. 2nd ride-almost made it around the block before motor stopped working. Looks beautiful and is comfortable but not functional. DO NOT PURCHASE. Show details
Michael Blast
Michael Blast   DM
George Collazo
George Collazo2 posts

Tristan
TristanWAPerth, WA

Best Purchase In The Longest Time

I've just clocked my first 1000km on my Greaser and i've never been so happy with any purchase. Ever.

I now ride to work, every day, and save a fortune on both parking and driving - And i have to admit it's pretty cool turning heads and having conversations with people who are so taken by it along the way.

It is literally faster, cheaper and easier for me to commute now on my Greaser than in a car, and it's of course great fun to just cruise on the weekends.

Only possible gripe would be maybe one or two extra gears given i'm riding in flat/downhill areas regularly and can pick up speed easily, but that's truly nitpicking! Other than that the build and quality is fantastic, couldn't fault it.

By a Greaser today, you won't regret it. Show details

Phil Coster
Phil CosterVICGippsland, VIC4 posts

NZ Maverick
NZ Maverick4 posts

Awesome bike

Bike has an exciting riding position. The balance and steering set up are quite different from most bikes I have ridden, it makes travelling at higher speeds a real pleasure. Show details ·  1
Richard
RichardWASouth West, WA2 posts

2000 km and still going strong

Purchased 2 yrs ago, great fun to ride . Saving heaps on fuel licence etc , everyone you meet wants to know details. i ride it every chance i get , couldnt be more happy . Thanks Conrad. Show details
Fab
FabWAPerth, WA2 posts

Fab ride!

I have lost my car license for 6 months and I thought it was the perfect way of getting the mobility i still need. Not sure I want my car back now!

March 25th 2019 Update: Just Ok

I love the look of it. It feels good to ride but the battery capacity is not great. Looking at buying a second one. Not cheap either $600-$650.
Also some design issues with brackets rubbing, taking the paint off the the body...only after 3 weeks. A bit annoyed. Show details

Michael Blast
Michael Blast   DM
lagosite
lagosite

Steve
SteveQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Fair Incentive

Almost at 1,000km. Love every k. Use it to get to work - to hit the beach - to just go and clear my head

They are attractive & functional.
I didn’t put a throttle on so I can get some exercise while having fun
Some battery on way to work. A touch of power coming home. Show details ·  1
Awesome
Awesome
  Fair Incentive

Could not be happier with my bike

From my earliest enquires to my subsequent purchase & the fun of riding a bike after many years not riding the whole experience has been awesome.
My greaser has opened up a whole new world & enables me to ride further with the battery when I get tired. A very well built bike that will give anyone who purchases one years of reliable service Show details ·  1
Josh.S
Josh.SACTCanberra 2600, ACT

Excellent A++

Well built. Well powered. Excellent, fun machine. Excellent for easy daily commutes or just cruising and looking good, Gets all the attention and questions from the public young and old alike. an ability to lock off the electronics and wheel and some storage in the "tank" would be some handy improvements that would make an absolutely awesome machine even better Show details ·  1
Kendrick
KendrickNSWSydney, NSW

The future

Absolutely addicted to this machine and it ticks all the boxes. Easy to assemble, fast, fun, bloody good looking! Since receiving my Greaser I have barely even used my car. Onlookers can’t help but stare... These are definitely the future! Show details ·  2

CTS C.
CTS C.

I have been dealing with Error 30 for over a month. I live in CA and I bought my Greaser through Surface604.com in Canada. At first, their customer serve was great and they helped me with an Error 13 code. Unfortunately, Error 30 has been more of a challenge. After going through a series of try this, try that to no avail, I stripped the bike and mailed all the parts to them ($650 for shipping). They said it was a bad wiring harness; so they were supposed to mail me a good harness but it comes back marked as the bad harness and I still have the same Error. It's been 5 days with no reply. Now I'm worried about getting stuck (when it's fixed) and limited customer service.

Debbie K.

Hiya, does anyone know where I can purchase a new battery for 500 W grease a bike in Queensland Australia please?

Debbie K.

Thanks soooo much for your information
Much appreciate it

Hi ya
Any idea where and how i can purchase a new battery for a 500 watt bike please in Queensland Australia?

SpankyHam

I would contact the company via their website. They can ship a new battery to you.

Debbie K.

Ive tryed there Australian distributor, but don’t they don’t seem to reply and are you referring to the USA distributor the main area?

See all Michael Blast Greaser questions

The GREASER by Michael Blast is a 100% Australian designed vintage electric bike and 2019 winner of the Good Design Award in the Product Design - Sport and Lifestyle Category.

Inspired by the timeless 1920's board tracker, this e-bike features a vintage style LED headlamp, 5 speed electric motor assist with 7 Speed Shimano Acera-MF-TZ31 gears and a Tig welded aluminium bike frame. The 250 Watt model is EN15194 certified and legal for use on all shared pathways and public Australian roads.

In the Box: 1 x Greaser Electric Bicycle, 1 x Charger, 1 x Owner's Manual, 1 x Pair of Pedals

Key Specifications:
Motor 250/500 Watt Model - BAFANG 250/500W - Geared Brushless Rear Hub Electric Motor
Battery 250 Watt Model - Samsung™ Lithium-Ion 36volt 13ah, 500 Watt Model - Samsung™ Lithium-Ion 48volt 14.5ah
Speed 250 Watt Model - 25km/h, 500 Watt Model - 40+km/h
Range 250/500 Watt Model - 50+km*
Propulsion 250 Watt Model - Pedal assist, 500 Watt Model - Pedal assist with thumb throttle
Gears 5 speed electric motor assist with 7 speed Shimano Acera- MF-TZ31 7sp 14-34 Mega-range Multi Freewheel Cassette - ProWheel Solid Crankset 46t
Brakes Tektro Hydraulic Auriga (180mm front / 160mm rear)
Wheels and Tyres DURO Beach Bum 26’x 3.00
Weight 250 Watt Model - 28kg inc battery, 500 Watt Model - 29kg inc battery
Certification 250 Watt Model EN15194 safety/compliance *500 Watt Model Classed as Non Road Vehicle (Private Use ONLY)
Warranty 5 years on frame, 1 year on electrical components