Mickey Thompson Baja STZ

• Dry Weather Handling
  • Off-Roading Frequency
DPB

DPBCentral Queensland, QLD

Good tyres in all conditions. I have done 97000km on my 2015 Ranger, we travel a lot towing a 20ft off road van

These tyres have been very pleasing from when I purchase them. I have had no problem with them in all types of whether and some very hot temperatures on our travels towing a 20ft off-road van through out Australia

Purchased in September 2015 at Mengs.

Noise Level
Durability
Dry Weather Handling
Chris M.

Chris M.North Queensland, QLD

Best tyres I have ever had

I put these tyres on my 2016 Ford Ranger shortly after I got it. I travel 500km every seven days due to my roster, mostly on sealed country roads with a few km of gravel along the way.
At my last vehicle service the tread depth was 8mm. I have just clocked over 70000km and they are still in excellent condition.
They do get rotated and balanced every 5000km and I also get the wheel alignment done at the same time.
Great tyre. I will defiantly replace them with Micky Thompsons when the time comes.

Purchased in May 2016 at Bridgestone Select for A$411.00.

Noise Level

Car2003 Hynundai Santa Fe
Ozburb

OzburbHunter Region, NSW

Best tyres I've ever had

Car came with MT baja STZ's and 40,000kms on the clock (10 years old). Since done another 100,000kms in 3 years, and the tyres still have at least another 5k on them. Now they are 13 years old and starting to bulge a little bit here and there, upsetting the balance. I think I'll buy another set.

Car2004 Cadillac Escalade
tcam

tcamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wow did they last the distance!

I travel hundreds of kilometres (282k in 3yrs) over rough terrain and unmaintained roads and these tyres have lasted the distance and then some. Keeping up the 10000 rotation service has made them do well over my expected used by on the tyres. Maybe not the quietest tyre but definitely the hardiest and in Australia we need hardy. Edit Update: 113700km travelled to changeover.

CarMitsubishi Triton
Jimmy wheels

Jimmy wheelsNew York

STZ discontinued ... Thank God

CarBeen using Mickey Thompson's since the 70's

Great Tyres

I had these on my previous PJ Ranger 245/70 16's and did almost 50,000km on them before I sold the vehicle. They were the best tyres I have ever had on a 4x4.
At 45,000km they hardly had a mark on them. I was told by the dealer at purchase that looked after and rotated every 10k expect 90 to 100k out of them.
I have no doubt the new owner will get another 50k + out of them.
Great on road even better off road.
When my OE chineese HT's wear out first call will be my local dealer for a set of these in 265/65 17's.
I sure hope that MT don't stop making this tyre/tread pattern
I would suggest that anyone having balancing issues that there may be some other issue with rims, warped brake disks etc causing your problems.

CarFord Ranger XLT Dual Cab 4x4
D R

D RDarwin

Great tyres

Traveled 95,000 klms towing 17 foot caravan without Evan a puncture only 1 wheel alignment and didn't rotate tyres hope this new set do as good as I expect to do a lot more traveling
I have total trust in these tyres I will not buy any other brand of tyres

Car2007 d40 navara dual cab

jay

jayCincinnati

315/70/17 Mickey Thompson STZ

This is the worst tire I've ever purchased. Completely impossible to balance and badly out of round. I've had all 5 of these balanced 12 times in the past 15,000 miles and each time its a headache. Mickey Thompson and 4 wheel parts could care less also. I pretty much have 5 boat anchors on my Jeep.

Car2015 jeep wrangler

Great tyres on or off road

These tyres have been great both on and off road, 50.000 on them now and still going strong. I have rotated them every 10000 with only normal wear and NO punctures. Very sad they are discontinued, still got spare never used. I'm looking to get new as I want to do big trip up north pulling caravan, that wil be another 10 to 15000.

CarToyota Landcruiser Prado 150 series 2013
Joe b

Joe bGreenbank

Seriously can I really rely on Mickies

Car2008NS Pajero
dave

daveYorba linda

uneven tread wear

made of a poor quality compound that requires over maintaining by rotatating tires every 3000 miles as directed by mickey thompson ,when buying these your buying a problem, if you do not rotate these tires over 5000 miles they will fail and without proof of rotating mickey thompson is unhonorable and will not warranty. i am throwing these in the trash and going back with problem free michelin tires

Carford f150
waza

wazaHunter Region, NSW

stz

2013 Dmax owner, original desert dulers were bad in the wet, very noisy and the worst handling tyre I have ever owned they lasted 30,000km after constant rotations and alignments it drove like a pig !
after fitting STZ mickey Thompsons the truck has became a gem to drive brilliant handling on/off road, wet/dry still quite with 50,000km on tyres should get another 25,000km at least, I will be buying the same tyre when due again I will buy nothing else can't fault them

Car2013 isuzu Dmax

Great all terrain tyre

I have had these tyres for about 4 years, down to about 6mm tread, cant wait till they run down, I want to buy some more! Great on the blacktop fairly quiet, done lots of off road including the Canning stock route. No problems at all, no punctures, a few chunks out off the tread blocks but thats to be expected, I have given them a rough time.

CarToyota Hilux with slide on camper. weight approaching 3 tonnes.(GVM upgrade)

Best tyres ever

These tyres are absolutely the beat option. Forget price, i've found to be far better off paying the extra money and getting tyres that im happy with, last longer, handle better, more mileage, good in the wet, etc etc!! Would truly recommend to anyone who is looking for something new.

Car2016 ford ranger

Best 4x4 tyre

Had a set of these (LT version) on our Terracan for the last 7-8 years well over 80,000k's and still got tread left.
Been all around S/W Victoria including the Grampians (dirt tracks), and 2 years in Broome up along Cable Beach every week and in some nasty sand to boot. No problems with these at all. No road noise on the highway and very versatile with mud, rock, sand and a bit of snow too. Next set not far away.

CarHyundai Terracan
Didgee

DidgeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not too bad, a little noisy.

Not too bad, a little noisy. Used them on the beach for the first time in Coffs Harbour. Did well considering the car was not actually traditional 4WD. Not too bad, a little noisy. Used them on the beach for the first time in Coffs Harbour. Did well considering the car was not actually traditional 4WD. Not too bad, a little noisy. Used them on the beach for the first time in Coffs Harbour. Did well considering the car was not actually traditional 4WD. Not too bad, a little noisy. Used them on the beach for the first time in Coffs Harbour. Did well considering the car was not actually traditional 4WD.

CarSante Fe

Great tyres

Had five of them fitted to a brand new Triton (245/70R16) in 2013 - didn't even bother trialing the rubbish it came with - and am about to sell the car with 86 thousand km on the clock and ~4 mm of tread still to go. Unbelievable. No punctures, uneven wear or anything wrong with them in those three years. New car is ordered and is coming with a set of the same, thanks very much.

CarMY02 Mitsubishi Triton

DazzaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good tyre

I bought these Tyres and fitted to my prado,love the Tyres but can't find anyone here in Caboolture that can do wheel alignments,I've done around 5k on them,took the prado back to redo the alignment and they made it wear more. Can anyone help? Should I go back and request a refund ?

CarToyota prado

Jim

Jimasked

Can I get a M/T STZ for my 2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak which has 18 inch tyres?

Yes you can,265/60R18.

Kate

Kateasked

I'm looking for new tyres for a Nissan Navara dual cab that does mainly road work (80/20) with some gravel/dirt and tows a horse float (near 3 tonne when loaded). Have airbags on springs to help with towing and have tried the General FR Grabber AT2 and most recently the BF Goodrich All Terrain, running a 265/70R16. Mileage for both in the low 50's but did like the ride of the BF's particularly. I have been recommended the Goodyear Wrangler Adventurer and to move upto a 265/75. The BF's are a new tread pattern and rather flash new price to match, any advice on what would be good? Am a bit concerned some of these treads maybe a bit too aggressive for my needs but doesn't seem to be much in between.
Cheers, Kate

Dazza

Hi Kate,I paid $417 each,very quiet tyre,had Atz Mickey thompsons on my prado last,got around 65000k out of them,I don't tow as much as you. I can say they are just as good as the ATZ tyres on the sand,you can't tell your in a four wheel drive on the freeway its that quiet. They still have a high load speed rating, good year wranglers are the same price as the mickeys. The new Atz p3 Mickey thompsons are good from what I hear,my boss just put Yokohama at's on his land cruiser and loves them,fraction of the price.

Prajero

Prajeroasked

Why do my tyres make so much road noise?

Wisey
Wisey

G'day Prajero,

I have no idea - sorry. All I can say is that in our application - Jeep Grand Cherokee - they are about the same as the factory ones noise-wise, or maybe a teeny teeny bit more if you wanted to really nitpick. CERTAINLY nowhere near as bad as we were expecting given their aggressive looking structure. They've done over 10K now and we still have no complaints whatsoever. We will probably put the same onto our old Prado when its are due for changing.

All I can suggest is that you correct any wheel alignment/balance issues and re-check for correct air pressure.