Miele

Miele

Misleading information! - don't be fooled by 20 year usage or 10,000 hours use!!!

Don't be suckered in by miele's misleading sales pitches!!!
10 years ago my wife and I bought a Miele Washing Machine for around $2100 believing that it would be a quality product and last around 20 years or for at least 10,000 hours. This is a misleading sales ploy you encounter in-store and also online.

Our machine stopped working and we weren't quite worried as it's a "Miele"

The Miele service man arrived and told us that the motor had blown and would need a new one at a cost of $940 plus the $179 service fee.

He also said he was very surprised that the motor had failed because the machine had only done 5500 hours. He was perplexed.

We therefore declined to have the repair done then and there as we thought we'd get in touch with Miele thinking they'd honor replacing the faulty part after all I had bought a "Miele". After calling the service centre again they told us we'd need to email this request through.

I emailed Miele requesting the part be replaced or the cost be offset against a new Miele machine due to half the service life we had expected. They responded offering 25% off the cost of the part and service call out fee. $940 + $179

So they still wanted me to pay $840!!!

I was floored! Really! Are the joking! I can't believe how much of a let down this is! I've owned cheaper washing machines that last longer!

I also own a Miele Dryer and have installed a Miele kitchen package. I won't be recommending Miele anymore! Buy a Bosch!

Ben C

Absolutely Fantastic

The service and professionalism I have received from miele over the past couple of weeks has just been phenomenal. Daniel the service technician was second to none and Muhummed along with the installation team were just great. Am 1 very happy customer.

Thank you Joyce for taking the time to leave this review!

Bad delivery service

Took a day off to have my Miele dishwasher installed. Given a time frame of between 12 and 5.
5pm rolls around and the delivery guy calls and says he isn’t coming. No reason is given until I ask and he says”oh, a bit of car trouble”! He says he has organised with customer service to call me to make another time. I called customer service and they didn’t know anything about it!
So another 2 days of waiting until it is “supposed to arrive”
Not happy!

Hi Melinda, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.

Abysmal service

My oven had issues in March 2019. I have had to take time off work and wait at home for the assigned 4 hour window for the technician.
So far they have come six times and failed to fix the problem. There has been instances of failing to turn up, poor handover to multiple technicians, not arriving with the necessary parts. It is like groundhog day.
I will update when I have the 7th visit, but for premium equipment, the service is anything but that.

Hi Wayne, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.

Poor service experience

Rang Miele service department early April regarding a Dishwasher door dropping heavily when opened. described problem in detail and provided model number and purchase date. I was assigned a third party repairer- Appliance Care Services- who scheduled a service call on 16/4. He was here for less than 10 mins -$165 service call out to be offset against next visit when it was to be repaired. Waited weeks to hear back from them. Contacted Miele who rang them and they said they had tried to call-I have no record of any attempts on m y mobile. When finally able to speak to them they asked if I wanted to order parts?? Of course that's the whole point of the call. waited a week or so and still no contact. Contacted Miele again and apparently parts were on back order due May 9th. It's now the 14 th and still no contact from Miele and ACS. Very poor customer service from providers who charge more than a premium price

Hi, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.Thank you Anna. I have done that and look forward to hearing from someone.

Miele Washing Machine

Clothes being ruined and stained, what might cause this. Most of our appliances are Miele and when contacting Miele direct they explained that it couldn't be an oil leak. You cannot get the oil like stains out. What a dissapointment not to mention ruining cloths

Hi Simone, thank you for reaching out and please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We would be more than happy to discuss this with you further so we can investigate what could be causing this. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.

Miele ovens - Sensors are irritating to use and insanely expensive to repair

We have an 8 year old 90 cm Miele Oven model H 5981BP. It uses touch sense technology to increase/ reduce temperature and to set the timer. This is not an improvement on knobs. A touch is required for every hour or minute you want to increase the timer, so 40 minutes requires 40 stabs with the finger. What a waste of time. Now , after 8 years it no longer works and the cost to repair it is a staggering $800. We are architects and we have had trouble with every Miele product we have bar the vacuum cleaner. We won't be buying Miele again and nor will we be recommending these to our clients.

Hi Pen, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible (please note this contact method is only for residents in Australia & New Zealand)? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.

Miele washer, dryer, dishwasher

DISHWASHER G6365SCVI XXL, W1 POWER WASH & TWIN DOS, T1 STEAM FINISH AND ECO
TAUBMAN BALMAIN
Report all three products having constant faults, warnings rendering the machines inoperative. Large delays for service, service not rectifying faults. Repair people highlighting large numbers of issues with products and sensitivities stopping the machines mid cycle. Miele Service seem to just act as this is standard and have not corrected the issues.

The products are not fit for the purpose sold and require constant attention to complete cycles and do standard operations.

The machines were expensive and do not function properly. They are requiring constant servicing to get operational from new. Previously we have had Bosch and never had an issue. I have other properties with Westinghouse and no issue. These products have a reputation due to price, the product performance appears very low on the current range. Something has changed in the standard of the manufacturing and service. They frequently have no capacity to service and send in third parties when under warranty.

We express extreme disappointment.

Hi Rob, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.Anna, thanks for asking us again to help you and to provide you with extra information. With 9 logged service calls and 14 visits in under 2 years, I think it is your companies turn to do some work. We are forced to move to Consumer protection law and take this via govt channels. Miele is consistently being asked to escalate and help us , yet all you do is send surveys re satisfaction and free offers of washing powder and fragrances . The products are hopeless and we are left suffering as the consumer. Your database has us on file , we spent over two hours again on the phones to you today trying to tell you this complaint was going live online. I reiterate to the consumer, be careful, something is wrong at Miele, the products appear highly unreliable and not fit for purpose and the service teams horrifically understaffed. You spend hours on hold, weeks waiting for warranty service and a left stranded.I have to be honest, this is the worst customer experience we have ever encountered with a whitegoods brand, and at this price point we are shocked at the products poor operational reliability and the company Miele’s inability to provide warranty service back up or repair or recognise when a customer is being totally inconvenienced. We have two machines down again, they cannot do ordinate service. Basically is is a con for high end people who don’t work and are available 24/7 for fitting in with Miele ... but the real question is how after 20 months and 14 visits and months of machines not working can the company still think this is all normal or acceptable. Why should a customer be forced to the point of feeling compelled to warn others?

Miele failed to deliver dishwasher as scheduled .... much delay

Beware of dealing with Miele! Miele confirmed via text that my new dishwasher would be delivered today between 12 and 5. They outsourced it to an external delivery and installation company who tried to contact us at 9 am to deliver it immediately. Of course, this was not suitable as we had rearranged our day around the 12 to 5 delivery. The delivery and installation company were apparently not advised by Miele of the scheduled 12 to 5 delivery slot. Unsatisfactory customer service, as I was told there was no way the dishwasher can be delivered today. Still waiting.... if you do purchase Miele, I would reconfirm delivery details repeatedly up to delivery time.

Hi Bel, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.I'm dealing with Tindara, Customer Advocate customer ref 3161449

Excellent...

New house, everything works except the disk washer. Troy came out and was AMAZING, sorted and working. It is not often that I would take a one star review up to a five but he had that effect on me, awesome.

Hi Michael, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.Hi Michael, thank you for taking the time to update your review. We are glad to hear you had a good experience with Troy and please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you require any further assistance. Kind regards, Anna.

Miele classic ovenExpensive, often repaired, does not maintain temperature

We have had the door hinges replaced three times. Baking is chancy as the oven struggles to gain and maintain temperature. We have never felt happy with our purchase or the service from Miele.

Hi Stephen, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.

Plinths under Miele washing machines

I like Miele products and I recently bought a washing machine. This review is about policy rather than product. Miele say they will not install washing machines onto a plinth or platform. We have a very strong purpose built plinth because of a disability. Apparently the issue is not the suitability of the plinth but an OH&S one to avoid heavy lifting. There were 2 men to install the machine but they had no lifter. If Miele is really genuinely concerned about this OH&S issue they should ensure that those installing their washing machines have a lifter just like the person who later installed it at an extra cost of $140. I would be happy to pay extra to avoid someone hurting themselves, however Miele just need to communicate more clearly about what the issue with plinths is and how it can be resolved. By the way, plinths under washing machines are a great help to avoid bending and twisting but they need to be strong and purpose built to take the weight and vibration.

Warranty repairs

Washing machine removed to workshop for repair over 2 weeks ago.
When I contacted Miele for update on repair status nobody knew what was happening and promised to ring back that day with an update. Never rang so I contact Miele again the next day and got the same run around with another promise to call with an update. Meanwhile I wait and my very expensive machine sits somewhere in a workshop who doesnt answer their phone.

Hi Tom, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.Already emailed Miele. The name given is wrong Its Margaret Gill A rep has just rung me and the machine is ready for pick up. The problem appears everything goes through the Melbourne office and there is no direct contact for the consumer living in Perth. This is very poor for those living in the west. If I had not preserved over the past 2 days trying to find out the repair status of my machine I would still be here waiting for a call. I have no idea how long the machine has been completed for pick up and would still be in the dark on the repairs. Again really poor customer service.

Miele washing machine leaking oil and ruins clothes!!!

We have a 5 year old Miele washing machine which has been leaking oil and staining our clothes. Tuning them! We contacted Miele support who advised it will cost $175 for technician callout plus additional cost for every 15min after first 30min - additionally the cost of any parts! Correct me if I am wrong, but one of the main reasons people buy a Miele is it is supposed to be a quality product and meant to last longer than 5 years! What a joke. We won’t be buying Miele again.
Tom

Induction cooktop

Half of our induction cooktop stopped working, 6 years old cost $830 to repair.
Dishwasher pump stopped working after 5 years
Very disappointed in quality.Will not buy Miele again as they advertise that their products should last 20 years

Hi Jan, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.Thank you to Chloe from Miele responded very quickly to our concern.She was very understanding and offered us fair compensation

Extremely poor delivery service

We bought a 7 litre Miele washing machine from The Good guys. Delivery of all Miele is handled directly by Miele. We ensured that our salesman at Good guys put into the delivery instructions that we had 60 stairs as access. Delivery arrives and they flatly refuse to bring it down. Ring customer service who say they only have 2 trucks so sorry, we will refund you, can’t deliver/ install. Our previous machine is 10 kg - installed by the Good guys to the same spot! I am so disappointed with this company. So much expectation from a company that is so reputable and to be let down by poorly arranged service.

Hi there, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of this matter. The weight of the machine is about 100 kgs which is why for safety reasons we could not take it down the stairs. We apologise that you were informed otherwise. If possible, can you provide your full name and best contact details to prsupport@miele.com.au so we can look into this further? Kind regards, Anna.

Adding some balance to other comments

We have had a Miele oven, cooktop and dishwasher since a renovation in 2004 and have never had any issues with them apart from a blown bulb in the oven and just recently, the drain hose on the dishwasher sprung a leak. I phoned Miele on Thursday morning this week for a replacement hose, which had to travel from Melbourne to Brisbane. I fitted said hose this evening when I got home from work. That was 24 hours door to door. I think that's pretty exceptional service (Thanks Jon). On top of that I have to admit, somewhat surprisingly to me, it was significantly cheaper than I could get it from any other online stores. I guess I'm one of the many happy ones who perhaps don't comment because everything works well.

Thank you John, we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback!

So disappointed with Miele service

41/2 years ago the hinges on my Miele oven door broke and I phoned Miele to have a technician come and repair. The hinges had to be replaced which took about 3 weeks. When the very unfriendly technician finally completed the job (whilst complaining about the how my oven was difficult to pull out of the cavity), I opened the oven door and noticed how heavy it was and that I could not keep the door ajar anymore. I told the technician that the door was not right and he opened and closed it and said there was nothing wrong with it. I again said that it was not right and he told me that these hinges were the correct hinges and he could do nothing more as the door was fine. Myself and my family and lived with this heavy (and now realise dangerous)oven door for 4 years. Just recently my range hood needing fixing and instead of calling Miele I called a local repair place who deal with Miele appliances. Whilst the technician was there I asked him about the oven door and he said it should not be like that. He thought the tension was gone which caused the heavy weight of the door and the reason I could not keep it ajar, he wanted to pull the oven out and unscrew the oven side panel to be sure but I wouldn’t let him given the problems your Miele technician had out previously with taking my oven out of its cavity I thought it would end up taking at least an hour . He was confident it was the springs and ordered the parts and came back to fix it. When he easily pulled out the oven from the cavity and unscrewed the panels we both noticed that the springs were quite fine but the Miele technician from 4 years before had incorrectly attached the spring to the wrong part of the hinge on BOTH sides of the oven door therefore creating no tension. The existing springs were fine but I had to have them replaced as it was not the fault of my current technician. For the last 4 years I have had to put up with an oven door which as you can imagine is so heavy on the arms and hands when there is no tension, always being careful when opening and closing and telling my family to be careful, worrying constantly that the door will just fall and break and cause damage to people standing near and of course not being able to keep the door ajar has affected my baking as well. Miele, I questioned your technician and was given false answers. I had no choice but to trust his judgement because he was theMiele technician and he specialised in Miele products, and now I so disappointed with you Miele for creating such a dangerous situation for myself and my family.

Hi Silvi, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.

Appalling quality and service

Purchased brand new kitchen- range hood, 2 x oven, induction stove and dishwasher. Moved in on Friday. Tried to turn on the induction stovetop and it’s fault with a E47. Followed manual and called Miele this morning. They have given us a technician to call. Rangehood has a dent in the flue - it’s 4.5k. Was told nothing can be done. Dishwasher also has been dented in the corner resulting in catching on the kicker below and breaking this. Again was told we would have to be consulted by the local representative of the area. So far very unimpressed. Miele - you advertise and charge premium prices but what are you delivering!??! I will be updating the progress

Hi Michelle, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.

Immer Schlimmer! Nie Wieder!

Made the big mistake 9 years ago when I renovated. Spent almost $A30,000 on integrated fridge, dryer washer, wine fridge oven cooker etc

After 4 years the fridge broke down. Spent 1.5 months waiting for repairs and resolution (successfully in the end) and now my $A3k Medic Wash Font Loader has broken down.

Unfortunately I believed their "Immer Besser" (always better) slogan , as well as their line that their products are tested to 20 years. I live by myself and use my washer twice a week. Now its stuffed.

Customer service was a waste of time. Waited 30 minutes on hold until the operator told me that someone would come out after a week. I told them the Error code (as appeared on the machine screen).
The cost $180 for 20 minutes, and thereafter $22 per 5 minutes. And then that was just an inspection.

The reality being that I would be spending several hundred dollars and POSSIBLY get a repair.

Unfortunately I've learnt my lesson. Don't believe the propaganda Miele sprout.

Miele- Immer Schlimmer! Nie Wieder!
Miele - Never Better! Never again!

Hi Frank, we apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused. Due to your machine being 9 years old, costs will be incurred to repair the machine as it is no longer within the warranty period. If you would like to know more about our products that are engineered and tested to the equivalent of 20 year's average usage, please visit this website http://miele20years.com.au . You can also contact our Miele Customer Care Centre if you wish to discuss this further on 1300 464 353. Kind regards, Anna.Anna Your propaganda is false. I have learnt my lesson and have bought a superior, cheaper washing machine from one of your rivals. I will never again buy from miele.

I have a Miele washing machine for 3.5 years. It had the problem of stop washing once 2.5 years ago. But when took the power plug out for about half Hour, then plug the power on it work back to normal. Last week it happened again, I tried that again, it didn’t work. So it looks the machine is dead. How much would cost for a service ? If it is over 500 dollars, I will throw it to the street. Buy another one.
Hi Yun, thanks for your question. Unfortunately, we are not able to determine the issue regarding your washing machine. If you can please book a service call using https://www.servicebooking.miele.com.au or if you have any questions don’t hesitate to call us on 1300 464 353 (please be aware these contact methods are for Australia only). Kind regards, Anna.

What would you recommend please ? Just installed a brand new Mielle dishwasher, into my renovated kitchen, the dishwasher is brand-new never used, only it's been stored at our rental property, not installed there ! Turned on the power at the wall not the machine , could hear it trying to drain? Had a plumber install the pipes and a sparky install the power, can't find original purchase docket? What do I do?
Please ring Miele.They will help you.Customer service are really good.Check also the hose at the back as sometimes there might be a kinkNo real option but to call miele. Depending on age they may rebate some of the remediation work. Did the plumber test it after installing it and find the problem?Hi there, thanks for your question. If you purchased the product through a Miele approved retailer (i.e. Harvey Norman, E &S Trading etc) or directly through Miele we should have all your information in our system. You can call us on 1300 464 353 (Australia number) or you're welcome to email me at prsupport@miele.com.au (please be aware this contact method is for Australia & New Zealand only) and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible. Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Miele.

Hi Miele May I have a functioning customer service number to call - been trying to call the number listed online & it keeps going to a voice message
Hi Tracy, thanks for reaching out. You can reach our Customer Care team on 1300 464 353. If you would like, you can also make a service enquiry via this link https://www.miele.com.au/domestic/service-enquiries-3077.htm . Kind regards, Miele.

Similar listings