Miele

Miele

Adding some balance to other comments

We have had a Miele oven, cooktop and dishwasher since a renovation in 2004 and have never had any issues with them apart from a blown bulb in the oven and just recently, the drain hose on the dishwasher sprung a leak. I phoned Miele on Thursday morning this week for a replacement hose, which had to travel from Melbourne to Brisbane. I fitted said hose this evening when I got home from work. That was 24 hours door to door. I think that's pretty exceptional service (Thanks Jon). On top of that I have to admit, somewhat surprisingly to me, it was significantly cheaper than I could get it from any other online stores. I guess I'm one of the many happy ones who perhaps don't comment because everything works well.

Thank you John, we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback!

So disappointed with Miele service

41/2 years ago the hinges on my Miele oven door broke and I phoned Miele to have a technician come and repair. The hinges had to be replaced which took about 3 weeks. When the very unfriendly technician finally completed the job (whilst complaining about the how my oven was difficult to pull out of the cavity), I opened the oven door and noticed how heavy it was and that I could not keep the door ajar anymore. I told the technician that the door was not right and he opened and closed it and said there was nothing wrong with it. I again said that it was not right and he told me that these hinges were the correct hinges and he could do nothing more as the door was fine. Myself and my family and lived with this heavy (and now realise dangerous)oven door for 4 years. Just recently my range hood needing fixing and instead of calling Miele I called a local repair place who deal with Miele appliances. Whilst the technician was there I asked him about the oven door and he said it should not be like that. He thought the tension was gone which caused the heavy weight of the door and the reason I could not keep it ajar, he wanted to pull the oven out and unscrew the oven side panel to be sure but I wouldn’t let him given the problems your Miele technician had out previously with taking my oven out of its cavity I thought it would end up taking at least an hour . He was confident it was the springs and ordered the parts and came back to fix it. When he easily pulled out the oven from the cavity and unscrewed the panels we both noticed that the springs were quite fine but the Miele technician from 4 years before had incorrectly attached the spring to the wrong part of the hinge on BOTH sides of the oven door therefore creating no tension. The existing springs were fine but I had to have them replaced as it was not the fault of my current technician. For the last 4 years I have had to put up with an oven door which as you can imagine is so heavy on the arms and hands when there is no tension, always being careful when opening and closing and telling my family to be careful, worrying constantly that the door will just fall and break and cause damage to people standing near and of course not being able to keep the door ajar has affected my baking as well. Miele, I questioned your technician and was given false answers. I had no choice but to trust his judgement because he was theMiele technician and he specialised in Miele products, and now I so disappointed with you Miele for creating such a dangerous situation for myself and my family.

Hi Silvi, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.

Appalling quality and service

Purchased brand new kitchen- range hood, 2 x oven, induction stove and dishwasher. Moved in on Friday. Tried to turn on the induction stovetop and it’s fault with a E47. Followed manual and called Miele this morning. They have given us a technician to call. Rangehood has a dent in the flue - it’s 4.5k. Was told nothing can be done. Dishwasher also has been dented in the corner resulting in catching on the kicker below and breaking this. Again was told we would have to be consulted by the local representative of the area. So far very unimpressed. Miele - you advertise and charge premium prices but what are you delivering!??! I will be updating the progress

Hi Michelle, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.

Immer Schlimmer! Nie Wieder!

Made the big mistake 9 years ago when I renovated. Spent almost $A30,000 on integrated fridge, dryer washer, wine fridge oven cooker etc

After 4 years the fridge broke down. Spent 1.5 months waiting for repairs and resolution (successfully in the end) and now my $A3k Medic Wash Font Loader has broken down.

Unfortunately I believed their "Immer Besser" (always better) slogan , as well as their line that their products are tested to 20 years. I live by myself and use my washer twice a week. Now its stuffed.

Customer service was a waste of time. Waited 30 minutes on hold until the operator told me that someone would come out after a week. I told them the Error code (as appeared on the machine screen).
The cost $180 for 20 minutes, and thereafter $22 per 5 minutes. And then that was just an inspection.

The reality being that I would be spending several hundred dollars and POSSIBLY get a repair.

Unfortunately I've learnt my lesson. Don't believe the propaganda Miele sprout.

Miele- Immer Schlimmer! Nie Wieder!
Miele - Never Better! Never again!

Hi Frank, we apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused. Due to your machine being 9 years old, costs will be incurred to repair the machine as it is no longer within the warranty period. If you would like to know more about our products that are engineered and tested to the equivalent of 20 year's average usage, please visit this website http://miele20years.com.au . You can also contact our Miele Customer Care Centre if you wish to discuss this further on 1300 464 353. Kind regards, Anna.Anna Your propaganda is false. I have learnt my lesson and have bought a superior, cheaper washing machine from one of your rivals. I will never again buy from miele.

Watch This Space...

My dishwasher is still under warranty. I initially called Miele and had to wait nearly three weeks to have my dishwasher repaired as the Miele technician for the area was busy. I took the day off on repair day, however that morning I was texted to say the technician was overbooked... too late to change my plans. I was given a phone number to ring back and waited for over twenty minutes to get through. The lady I spoke with organised a technician, over a week later. I again took the day off, the repairman arrived and replaced the electronics saying there was no F24 error as had been originally stated on the display.

The subsequent repair lasted eight days before the original F24 error came up again.

Thus, in addition to still not having a working-dishwasher for a month I will need to take a third day off to have my dishwasher repaired. Watch this space to see how Miele handle this situation ...

Hi Deb, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.

Worst customer service and product support

We purchased the top of the range dryer being promised great quality and service. Unfortunately we have had ongoing issues. The dryer has had to be replaced 2 times. The worst part has been the customer service from Miele. We have had to wait weeks for repairs that don’t even work. We have been lied to and now have no choice but to raise the matter to Fair Trading. Miele have promised us a refund however now won’t pay. Each time I call customer support, there is no update. Very disappointing. We have now switched to a different brand.

Hi there, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.I responded to the above however I still have had no update. I contacted Fair Trading and have now sent a Letter if Demand and it looks like that this matter will need to be settled by Fair Trading. Such an unprofessional company. Why bother to make contact as it is obvious it was all for show.Hi C Kiran, we apologise that you have had no update. We received your message on Tuesday, and we will get back to you as soon as possible to discuss this further. Kind regards, Anna.

Bad after sale Custmore service

I have bought their vacuum it broke with burn motor so I have given their repair center it got fixed in 2 weeks. But when got it home I noticed a problem with a cable I returned them back on 24/01/19 and today it’s 5/03/2019,more than a month to fix a vacuum 2 weeks to get a part and when they fix one thing they broke other part in my case they put new motor broke Cable then put new cable broke my Motor experience of using their product is just wait for get fixed.
Very bad experience won’t buy again last time Miela worst company to deal even I try to complaint but they say you have wait part is coming from Germany in a rude way they can’t book a plane for your part. Please don’t buy Miele. Less than one star

Hi Agam, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.

Good products, poor service

This review is about the company, not their products. While the product worked, we loved it. We bought a Miele dishwasher 3 years ago. Just after warranty ran out, it started intermittently having issues, but turning it off few hours would "fix" the problem. However, when it became more frequent, I contacted Miele, as our state have statutory guarantees beyond manufacturer's warranties. By law, if it's shown to be a manufacturing fault, they must repair it free of charge irrespective of the warranty period.

The support person I spoke to insisted that in order to even consider a repair, they would charge $180 for an assessment. When I asked if this would be refunded if the fault turned out to be manufacturing or installation fault, the representative became evasive. They also said they could not accept a report from an independent repairer.

The part that needed replacement was only $28 on eBay and there were clear videos on how to do it yourself. (As the appliance has a plug, it is legal for me to work on it) I now had to make a decision on whether to risk $180+ and the potential for the Miele technician to be biased in their assessment, or to risk voiding all possibility of any future warranty, by repairing it myself.

Based on other people's review from this site and others, it was very clear that it would be a long and stressful combative process to try to claim my consumer rights. Miele has built a very strong reputation as a poor customer service company, as evidenced by their 1.5 star rating. As much as it pained me to give up my rights, I opted to repair it myself.

I have already deterred a few friends from buying Miele products, pointing to this site as evidence I didn't just have a once off bad experience. I would strongly recommend against ever purchasing a Miele product.

Hi Ken, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.

No more Meile for us

We've had Meile products for over 20 years now, but our 3 year old dishwasher just won't clean, or dry all the dishes. There are always two or three items that need to go through the wash again. This is in spite of rinsing and stacking everything as per the manual. The quality and layout of the baskets and internals doesn't seem as good as previous products either, although that is a just a subjective opinion. I don't think we'll bother with Meile products any more.

Hi Paul, we do apologise for the inconvenience of the matter. I've responded on your other review regarding how we can assist further. Kind regards, Anna.

G4920 Dishwasher

I am a Mieleforlife member and have all Miele appliances except a fridge that would not fit in our space.
I bought new appliances except for oven and cooktop from David Jones in Sept 2016.
I bought extended warranty for the fridge but did not expect problems from German made products.
I have already had rust on the dishwasher G4920 fixed as good Will a few weeks ago by Niels. How ever since that time when he pulled it out to fix I have had an error fault on the short wash F13 something to do with the inlet? I bought a bunch of cleaning products last week including the Miele product to clean the dishwasher and I washed on the long wash. It seemed fine. But I don’t want to wash for 2 hours each time as we are only 2. There does not seem to be a cycle that takes 1 hr only 40 min and more than 2 hours. Please email any suggestions. I am disappointed to have problems after only 2 years. I also have a rusted cooktop that one of the burners does not light and can’t be fixed.

Hi Sylvia, We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience. If you review the operators manual (I've linked below where you can find it online), the program chart shows examples of wash times for the different programs. In regards to the rusted cooktop, I'm not sure if you have been told by Miele it can't be fixed but you can contact us using the email below and provide us more information regarding this if you would like Miele to look into this further. Also, if you are still having the F13 fault, a service call will be needed. You email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au (please be aware this contact method is for Australia & New Zealand only) and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible. Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna Online product manual - https://www.miele.com.au/professional/inactivem-user-manuals-177.htmThanks Anna. I was not happy with the original installer for the dishwasher and I have no idea which tap goes into dishwasher. I sent a photo to the service email

G4203SCU Disappointed in this Miele dishwasher. Not out of warranty and needing service.

Purchased from Domayne 2 June 2017. Used by 2 retired people, so not a lot of use really, and an F12 error message popped up. The service technician was quick to arrive and helpful, no problem there, but the part replaced was a tiny electronic piece that allows water to flow into the dishwasher. Why should that break down so quickly? I didn't have to pay the $200 service fee this time because it is under warranty.
I am so disappointed because I bought what I thought was a quality product and now I will be continually waiting for the next problem to occur. Expensive machines should sail through the warranty period and then another couple of years.

Hi Christine, we do apologise for the inconvenience of the matter. Your service technician would have explained to you what caused this issue, and based on your review this has been fixed. If the error occurs again or you would like to discuss your concerns further don’t hesitate to call us on 1300 464 353 (please be aware these contact methods are for Australia only). Kind regards, Miele.

Design of the washing machines

I bought a Miele washing machine last month which broke down. I needed to manually empty the water from the drum in order to take the clothes out. To process to empty the water is probably the worst design I have seen in a long time. It took me hours to empty the water from the machine before I could open the door. You need to drain the machine from the filter area (bottom left square of the photo attached), which is so low to the ground that you cannot get a tray more than 1 cm high under the drain flap which you can see in the photo, so you need to drain the drum a cup at a time using an extremely shallow tray, which takes hours. I wonder who designed this feature and I wonder if they use a Miele washing machine? Because if they do, they are probably kicking themselves because of this major design flaw.

Hi there, we apologise for the inconvenience of the matter. This is something all Miele front-loaders need to have in case there is a problem (i.e. power outage) and you can empty the water in the machine manually to be able to open the door. We've not heard of the machine taking hours to empty, so we would recommend if this happens again to contact Miele and book a service call. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to call us on 1300 464 353 (please be aware these contact methods are for Australia only). Kind regards, Anna.Really, you should try emptying an 8 kg drum a cup at a time and see how long it take you! If I book a service, I would incur a call out fee, so this really isn't a solution. The design needs to be reviewed and maybe a soft hose of some sort incorporated into this space like the older style Miele washing machine used to have, which assisted with drainage.

Very Expensive and they keep breaking down

Its so busy on the phone to get Miele Service and then to wait 10 days to have it fixed at great expense which must highlight how much Miele Products break down
WE have had 2 Miele appliances breakdown when not so old and have had two or more fixes on these two appliances.
The repairs are expensive and we have had arrogant expensive repairers
I think a good Australian or NZ Wash Machine for $800 is better than a $2000 Miele one
PLUS extra for expensive fixes.
We won't buy Miele again and warn our many friends about the brand

Hi Drew, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. If you would like to speak with us about your situation we would be more than happy to discuss this with you further. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au (please be aware this contact method is for Australia & New Zealand only) and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.

Waiting on $179 rebate

My mum purchased a oven as when the repair man came at a cost of $179 we decided to get a new one
The repair man said that we would get the$179 off the cost of a new oven
I have given the store my bank details for refund
I have rang 5 times about this and have not received anycall back

Hi Wayne, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au (please be aware this contact method is for Australia & New Zealand only) and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.

Dishwasher installation

I highly recommend Miele Plumbing .They are highly skilled, very professional and do a quality job , Bishoy / Adam, particular Bishoy very professional and excellent, he is quickly and expertly find the problem .

Thank you for your feedback!

Miele + Harvey Norman = Disaster.

When ordering Miele product through Harvey Norman, Harvey Norman take your credit cards details and pay Miele in advance, at which point Harvey Norman have no further involvement, or control over the purchase.

In my case an incorrect product was ordered, upon receiving an emailed receipt from Harvey Norman, I advised Harvey Norman within 15 minutes of the initial order placement that there was an error, Harvey Norman amended and resubmitted the order.

Miele however billed my credit card for both the incorrect product and the product on the amended order, despite multiple visits to Harvey Norman + Phone call to the store, Harvey Norman advised Miele will issue a refund.

It has been 3 months since this fiasco started and I am still awaiting refund from Miele for a product I did not request, nor did I take delivery of.

This matter has not been resolved and as such a complaint has been lodged with:

Overall a horrid customer experience dealing with Miele.

Hi Mike, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au (please be aware this contact method is for Australia & New Zealand only) and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Miele.

Amazing Washing Machine

This is a great washing machine which cleans clothes brilliantly. (Two adults, two teenagers.) We use the Miele Twin Dos laundry detergent which is automatically dispensed. I found we were going through what Miele considers a 6 month supply, in 3 months but was shown by a Miele salesperson how to change the factory settings and this has meant we go through a lot less and it still cleans well. We have had the machine for over a year and have not had any mechanical problems with it. I was so impressed with the washing machine that I purchased the matching dryer when we had our laundry remodelled. Unfortunately it is the opposite, as I have discussed in a separate review. Crazy how one company can get one machine so right and the other so wrong.

Thank you for your feedback Cal, if you haven't already you can send your review regarding your dryer to prsupport@miele.com.au and just provide me with your full name, best contact number and a copy of the review and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible. Kind regards, Miele.

Miele products are not reliable

Beware the repair cost after warranty period expires! We had repeat failures both inside and outside warranty period on all Miele products (we purchased an induction cooktop, rangehood, pyrolytic oven, steam oven, dishwasher and microwave). All appliances except microwave that has been very rarely used, had catastrophic failures which turned out to be very expensive. The last repair on the cooktop cost $1200. It is simply not acceptable to have the same type of failure twice in 5 years of use!

** Note appliances purchased in 2010, however were not used for 3 years while we lived overseas (effective 5 years of usage)

Date PurchasedAug 2010

Poor customer service

Currently I have been without a washing machine for 5 weeks and still have another week to wait for the second Miele service man. Initially, the first booking was going to take 3 weeks which was too long when you have a family of 5 so I was able to contact a Miele accredited service man from the Miele website who came out the next day! He has been working for Miele for 35 years and was extremely helpful and patient. Unfortunately though he was unable to repair the fault. So I rang Miele again to ask for advice and how to proceed further. I received no help whatsoever and was assigned to the next available service man and to my disgust told that I was going to be charged a second call out fee along with other costings!!!!! I have spent between $10k-$15K on Miele appliances and this is how I am treated??? After I voiced my outrage for the second charge, the fee was waived but only because of my response. I have 3 adult children, work almost full-time and I'm now having to take a day off work to wait for the second service man as he will arrive between 8am-5pm so I can't even work a half day! It is such an inconvenience to take my washing elsewhere everyday. I speak very highly of the products but unfortunately the customer service is not of the same standard.

Hi there, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Miele

Moldiness of washing machine rubber seal

I wouldnt recommend a bottom loader Miele washing machine cos of the drum rubber seal. Had this rubber seal replaced twice now within a 5yr period cos of the Moldy Stain all around this rubber. I adhered by keeping door open 24/7 and sometimes the door was closed but this moldy stain shouldn't happen. This is a major flaw with this product.

Hi Ronald, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, MieleJust got a call today from Miele and they are gonna replace the rubber n service my machine on Friday for free. just got to follow a few simple maintenance tips after that and shouldnt have any further issues. Well Done to Miele.