Miele TDB130WP Heat Pump Dryer

Miele TDB130WP Heat Pump Dryer

MPNs: TDB130WP and WDB030+TDB130W

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

A reliable tumble dryer can give you clean, dry clothes - and fast. Whether you decide on a heat pump, condenser or vented dryer, a washer dryer combo, or no dryer at all, this guide can help.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

3.2

wel361
wel361South East Queensland, QLD

Regret my purchase - a terrible dryer

Purchased in January 2018 for $1,499.00.

JoyceSydney, NSW

I hate, hate, hate this dryer

I do not like this dryer one bit!!!!! I do not use the dryer much, but when I do it takes for EVER for the items to dry. Yesterday, it took me hours to dry a set of Sheets, which I have to dry separately because the items get so twisted and tangled together that I’ve found I have to seperate them, even then one sheet comes out in a ball with wet patches. It is absolutely ridiculous to have a top of the range dryer that is so useless.
Steer clear of this dryer.

Purchased in May 2018 at Winning Appliances.

MikeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No longer working after less than 2 years but fixed promptly

We have a busy household with 4 kids and decided to pay a premium for a Miele... it’s been less than 2 years and whilst we use it frequently, I expected it to last longer than this!

It seems to be blowing hot air but not tumbling. Back to drying clothes for 4 kids on the line until it’s fixed!

Edit - a few days after - a Miele rep contacted me to organise a service call. The communication was great and the work performed under warranty with no fuss. I wasn’t expecting this and a great thumbs up to the Miele team.

Purchased for $1,700.00.

Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

Find out how Miele TDB130WP Heat Pump Dryer compares to other Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

DaveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Miele Not Dry Enough

The Miele does not fully dry my clothes.

After spending top dollar for a top drawer heat pump product. I am sufficiently disappointed with a dryer that does not completely dry my clothes. It's not fit for purpose if it cannot fully dry clothes which is its main function. To solve this, I often have to send my clothes in 2-3 times to get it reasonably dry.

Please look elsewhere if you want a dryer that dries clothes properly.

saphireAdelaide

Well engineered, reliable and quiet dryer with excellent customer support.

Purchased for $1,499.00.

Miele representativeMiele

Thank you Saphire for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! Glad to hear of your experience with our brand.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Dg9879
Dg9879Melbourne

Great product

Miele representativeMiele

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review! We are glad to hear you are enjoying your dryer.

Matt L.asked

Is it possible to reverse the door opening side on this machine?

Joyce

I’m not sure, I just had a look and took a couple of photos but can’t upload.
I hate this particular dryer and would not recommend it at all. Sheets get into a tangled mess, and dry in spots. Do your homework before you consider buying this dryer.

Matt L.

Thanks Joyce, I’ve already got one and am have already pulled to door off. Seems the machine itself is easy to change the hinge and lock but the door seems to only work one way. Just wanted to see if I was missing something here as it seems strange that it would be “half” possible.

Gazevs
Gazevsasked

Miele, you should publicise your responses here so prospective buyers can better evaluate the Miele warranty service and resolution reached, including the time frame. I'm sure those posting would be happy to consent to this. These are not a cheap machine, they need to come with a 5 year warranty more in line with AEG, Australian consumer law and buyer expectations.

Mark H.
Mark H.asked

Does the Heat Pump mean its a condenser dryer and the moisture is plumbed into water waste pipes so you don't need a separate moist air exhaust like with cheaper dryers?

Mike

I believe so - mine has a water pipe plumbed into the laundry trough.

saphire

Yes. Heat pump dryers are a type of condenser dryer. The regular condenser dryer uses a heating element like those cheaper dryers you mentioned and hence use more electricity. So a heat pump dryer works sort of like a reverse cycle ac unit (it’s more efficient than a fan heater of the same size). But to answer your question, yes it does drain the water out so no venting of humid air is required. I have mine drain into the laundry sink.

Dave

Hi Mark, Yes both answer above are correct. The condensate (water from the drying clothes) are either collected in a "built in plastic container" which can be emptied out. OR you can directly connect the hose into the drainage pipe.

Hope that helps you out.

This model is not so good as was explained in my earlier complaint. Choose another model which may fair better.

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives

CategoryHeat Pump Clothes Dryers