Mitre 10

Mitre 10

See the Best Hardware Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Shame on you Mitre 10

Mitre 10 I am shocked! Glyphosate weedkiller on your shelves! Not so honey bee nor human friendly - it kills and you have no warnings on your shelves nor are you educating the public. There are many other alternatives that do the same job. Shane on you.

Store LocationCoolum Beach

Disappointed with no service

Ordered a mower online to pick up from Kilcoy Mitre 10
Took 7 weeks to arrive but finally did
Picked up and 2 days later tried to mow my lawn after adding oil and petrol, but after @30sqm the mower stopped unable to restart.
Took back to mitre 10 and next day they told me the engine was seized and my fault
They went to masport to see what they would do and after I chased them up they are doing nothing
Have given me 3 more numbers to call but as yet I have no working mower, $400 out of pocket, and no one prepared to help

Store LocationKILCOY

Helpful staff

Warwick at the Paddington Sunlite Mitre10 shop was very pleasant, enthusiastic and helpful in the paint department. He welcomed our inquiries and gave us useful advice. We certainly will be back.

Store LocationPaddington

Mitre 10 kingaroy

After a debulcale at Bunnings kingaroy where they refused to refund or exchange and expense pot which was defective, I went next door to mitre 10. Customer service was great, I was able to get my paint (Since no one at Bunning wanted to serve me), and promptly served at the check out

Store LocationKingaroy

Horrible service and no stock

Damian Davis at northam mitre 10 his appearance and smell was a put off. He was rude and lied about the product he was selling.
We were after a mop bucket and a squeegee which they didn't have and didn't stock basic things they didn't have.
Trade was helpful but Damian and Terry were rude and made me want to leave the store

Store LocationNortham mitre 10

Disappointing

I purchased 3 grinding discs online for click and collect, went today to the pick up store after 16 days, confident that the order was there waiting for me. The man at the shop had received no order and no money from mitre10, and since it's Saturday he couldn't get any information from the supplier.
I try to support and buy from small businesses, but this is UNACCEPTABLE, not a single call or e-mail in 16 days.
Won't buy from mitre10 again.

Excellent customer service and well planned out store

Would like to go out of my way to express how good the service was at my local Mitre 10 (Mona vale) I was greeted as soon as I walked through the door and advised by the assistant exactly what product I needed to seal up a leak in my glass shower screen . The store was VERY well sign posted and organised , found that it was alot easier to navigate than my local Bunnings !

Store LocationMona Vale

Mitre 10? - No - Mitre 1

I do try to support local businesses especially Browns Mitre 10 on Bribie Island. I recently purchased 4 swivel castors from Browns Mitre 10 store. Upon installing I realised one was a fixed not a swivel castor. Unfortunately I had removed the item from its shrink-wrap packaging. I returned to the store with the incorrect item, it’s label and store receipt to exchange for a swivel type castor. But to my surprise I was ‘referred to the store manager’ for a decision!? I was promptly advised that because the item was not in its original packaging (the clear unmarked shrink-wrap) that a refund was not approved by the manager - no discussion and no empathy for the customer. They were of course happy to sell me the correct swivel castor. Until recently this store had local competition from an independent operator. Since that other store closed it is obvious Mitre 10 no longer cares about customer satisfaction. Mitre 10 - I ‘mitre’ been better going to Bunnings.

Store LocationBrowns Mitre 10 Bribie Island

Becks Mitre 10 Launceston

Hardware stores can be very intimidating for a woman but not this store. I always receive polite and helpful attention, especially important during my renovations. Thank you to all the staff at this store and particularly to the young people in the paint department.

Store LocationBecks Mitre 10 Launceston Tasmania

Rude and unhelpful

I was after a pot, paint and a paint brush to make a gift for a friend. Got no advice so when we did eventually find what we wanted the workers laughed to each other about what we where using as if it wouldn’t work. But still offered no advice. Don’t recommend as all staff I have found in there are extremely rude and obnoxious.

Store LocationAldinga mitre 10

Mitre 10 Norwood worst store in SA

Terrible service rude staff all the former workers who were fanstactic are now gone (Grant,Luke,Trevor) without them your store is nothing but a sinking ship no way you can replace knowledge Bunnings from now on and please take that picture down outside those 3 men are all very off putting while sitting in traffic.
Maybe replace it with some nice pictures of monkeys with tools it would also show the knowledge of your current staff

Store LocationNorwood

Super helpful

After visiting another well known hardware store who couldn't help us, we found ourselves in Mitre 10 Loganholme who were able to solve our issue with ease. He even took the time to custom fit what we wanted to the pipe we had brought in. They certainly live up to their slogan mighty helpful. Thank you Mitre 10 Loganholme we will make you our first stop next time.

Good staff bad communication

I purchased a blower online for click and collect. Email informed me I might have to wait up to 14 days. On day 13 (Friday) I rang the pick up store to see if they knew where my order was as I would have to travel to the next town (closest mitre 10 store) to get it and I needed to organise my weekend. The young guy on the phone was very helpful, he went and checked out the back. After he couldn't find it he took my number and tried calling the supplier but they were already closed for the week and they are the only ones with the shipping details. The local stores don't have any kind of tracking of where their orders are so I couldn't get any information till Monday (day 16) when the supplier opens again.
I do a lot of online shopping and use click and collect as much as possible, I've never had to wait this long for it before. Won't be using this company again for online shopping. Not sure I'll have time to go into the store just to see if they have what I need either.

Terrible customer service

Walked into the shop where an employee was working, we were not acknowledged at all.Asked if there was a particular product in stock. Was told that they only had what was in the shelf and to look myself. Very poor customer service in a declining economy, and not at all interested in helping out. Sourced the product elsewhere.

Great hardware and nursery

Geelong Mitre 10 is our preferred hardware/nursery. John was so helpful regarding my husband's sander tool and the nursery staff knew what they are talking about when I asked for advice.

Ararat Mitre 10 - A+ for rudeness

Ararat Mitre 10 has some good staff (girl at counter) and some extremely rude, arrogant and unhelpful staff (manager and man in store). When I was there the men had no idea how to interact with their customers and it appeared to be a hassle to answer questions. They should realise that if the service they give is bad the customer will not buy their items. Ultimately it is a win for their competitors who are only a short drive up the road (thankyou Lyle Eales). As this has happened a couple of times I am more than happy to let my friends know to look elsewhere than Mitre 10 Ararat for good service and products.

Balhannah Store - not good enough in a very competitive market

The Balhannah store is convenient, so I tend to stop there regularly. I went looking for a spring replacement for garden secateurs - found one item, but twice the price of Bunnings for the same item. I also often find they just don't have the item or items I am looking for, although Bunnings are often even worse. Staff are generally very good and in some respects what I find reflects a malaise that afflicts the sector. You can always buy a cheap (made in China) plastic bucket or a $3 bag of potting mix, but don't dare ask for a more unusual general hardware item and expect to pay a premium price for everything else. They all only stock the absolutely mainstream hardware items - their stores always look huge and well stocked, but they flatter to deceive. This Mitre 10 used to be a good store when the customer base were locals, many of whom were farmers, but as more cityfolk in SUV's have moved into the area and traffic volumes increased, the store has had the expensive tart-up but its range has reduced and prices have increased, so the store is a shadow of what it used to be.

Excellent service at Peters' Mitre 10 Caulfield North Vic.

I wanted some items to paint a wooden seat.

The older chap at Peters Mitre 10 in Caulfield North (Vic) - it also has other stores in Brighton (Vic) and Fitzroy - could not have been more helpful.

I had priced two of the items at competitor Bunnings.

This Mitre 10 store was competitive, and better service at Bunnings. It is a 400 metre easy walk from Malvern railway station or the number 64 tram. Parking on site.

MITRE 10 CHERMSIDE

What a joke. Thought I'd support a local business until they damaged my vechile while loading materials. I could deal with poor sales advise and more expensive prices but when they damaged my vechile and took 4 months to eventually get it fixed along with down right childish behaviour. Will never shop there again neither will mates and businesses who I have shared my experience with in the local community. Plenty of other businesses closer and far better value without all the hasle I've had to deal with . . They could have resolved the issue far easier and faster and kept my business... anyhow...Lyndons, bunnings and Steve Jones from now on.... obviously mitre 10 don't really care about their customers and the poor reputation online - not one response to all the bad feedback!

Great service Toronto NSW Store

The staff were great in particular a member by the name of Tania i believe. Very helpful and when she made a commitment to return calls she did so promptly. Thank you