Mitsubishi 380 DB

Mitsubishi 380 DB (2005-2008)

(No Badge), GT, Platinum Edition, etc...
See the Best Sedans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mitsubishi? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features
JohnScott

Great sedan, Australia misses not having these anymore.

I bought a 2008 model 380 Platinum in 2003 with 120,000 on the clock for $7000.

One of the best car purchases I've made in recent years. For my long country roads it's been more than fit for purpose. Low and comfortable, quiet and reliable. Apart from the general servicing I have spent no money on it at all.

Now it's got almost 300,000 on the clock and the aircon has recently started leaking. To fix the leak the dashboard will have to be removed so it's unlikely that I'll even bother. I've had my value from it even if it blows up tomorrow... which I highly doubt. I suspect it's got a pile more km's in it yet. It's still got loads of torque and power and the handling and economy is still great.

I wish I could buy a new one.

Purchased in March 2003 for $7,000.00.

Eric l.
Eric l.Perth, WA

Great car!

Purchased in May 2007 at John Hughes Car Sales for $30,000.00.

Naqoyqatsi L.
Naqoyqatsi L.Sydney, NSW

Excellent car drove mine from Sydney to Cairns!

I was looking for a decent 380 GT for a while with low kms. I found one for a reasonable price, full logbooks and my mechanic friend could vouch for the car yard selling it. My mechanic friend took the car for a drive and was very impressed - drives like new he said. I have had to replace a widow and the locking mechanism on one door which were fairly minor issues. The only big issue with these otherwise fantastic cars is the paint. Mitsubishi used a thin paint which doesn’t hold up to the Australian sun so well. I had mine resprayed as I love it so much. I have driven from Sydney to Cairns and had zero problems, the cruse control was fantastic. Highly recommended if you can find one in good condition.

Purchased in January 2018.

Ticking noise

I found out that Hyundai use the same purge valve as the 380s and there cheap too you can get them off ebay
It is identical to the 380s and it is easy to install ive hated the ticking noise for ages and now its gone

Purchased in August 2018.

Year2007

TrueM
TrueMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Car Ever: Makes all others pale in comparison

Purchased in June 2009 for $29,000.00.

Geoff A
Geoff AAU

Most reliable car ever built in Australia

BadgeES

Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Gavinski
GavinskiMelbourne

An amazing sporty vehicle.

BadgeSX
Date PurchasedJan 2018

Dan76
Dan76Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Loved the Magna only 'just' liked the 380.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

Dwayne
DwaynePerth

Sad to see it removed

The Mitsubishi 380 GT Sedan, is an unique vehicle just like it's cousin vehicle the American mitsubishi galant. The 380 is very comfortable to sit and drive and I would class as an luxury car. This mitsubishi has a lot of power and tight gear ratio compared to other Australian sedans.

BadgeGT
Date PurchasedAug 2016
Gadjett
Gadjett

Awesom to say the least

Purchased my 380 LX New back in 2007, have had no major issues apart from two engine sensors that kicked in my engine light. Acceleration is awesome, handling the same, have run Slick 50 in the engine / gearbox from almost new so runs smooth with almost no engine noise. Love the interior, Radio is superb great sound system as is.
Only dislike I have is No Bluetooth and no USB port.
Mileage is fantastic with range constantly sitting in the 700 plus at fillup. Would love to have another from New.
Seats are great , suffer from bad back but never when i'm driving the 380 no matter how long the trip.
Sad day they took it out of production.

BadgeLX
Date PurchasedJune 2007

Mick
MickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awesome car for the price

Bought this car recently second hand I’m surprised how well it drives for a front wheel drive it’s smooth and handles well as for power there is plenty there after having to step back from an sv6 commodore wagon I wouldn’t look past a 380 for a Camry or something similar gets the job done well quite car has no rattles and a pretty comfortable ride too
Dislike no USB input

BadgeSX
Date PurchasedApr 2018

Find out how Mitsubishi 380 DB compares to other Sedans

I brought a mistibushi 380 vrx for $6000 from a dealership second hand, 90,000km.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Ahmad
AhmadPerth

What a Car!

I have been driving this car for more than a year now and I must say that this is one hell of a car. Stable, powerful, fast, reliable, and beautiful. Recently completed a trip to and from- between Perth and Sydney and it was a very comfortable ride, free from any worries at all. I am going to stick with Mitsubishi I guess.

Badge380
Date PurchasedMar 2016

Key fob replacement.

Hi. You don't need to replace the key fob, just need to replace the battery. Have had it done myself with no problem. You can get it done at mister minute. Can also change it on your own. Don't know why people are told that you need to change the key fob.

Date PurchasedAug 2007

Elizabeth
Elizabethasked
380 DB (2005-2008)

I have a 380Mitsubishi DB series 2007 and the windscreen washer dosent work I have changed the pump and checked the fuses and it still won't work why also the cruze control won't work and if you ask for info on it they want a arm n a leg can someone help please

Brian S.asked
380 DB (2005-2008)

I have sponge material blowing out of my air conditioning unit of my Mitsubishi 2005 GT, how do you remove to replace this material?

JohnScott

To get to the airconditioning systems, fans, ducting, etc, you need to remove the dashboard.
Yes really... they didn't think that one out.

Brian S.

Thanks John, yeah I kinder new the dash would have to come out, got a couple of prices, (1) about $1500, (2) $1400 to $1700, think I'll go ahead as it's a great car and I have hardly spent anything on it other than servicing it regularly!

Linda
Lindaasked
380 DB (2005-2008)

Hi I have a 06 mistubishi 380 6 cyl sedan n I've rang up places to get a fuel filter but they said it must not have 1 cus nothing comes up on their computer? So would anyone know if It actually does ??? please ! Thankyou , Linda

JohnScott

There's a built in filter in the fuel tank uptake, it's not designed to be replaced just to stop major junk from entering the fuel system. No soft filter though, that is it.

See all Mitsubishi 380 DB (2005-2008) questions

Mitsubishi 380 DB (2005-2008)

Compare all 12 Mitsubishi 380 DB (2005-2008)
Mitsubishi 380 DB ES
  • Discontinued

Mitsubishi 380 DB ES (2005-2008)

No reviews yet
Mitsubishi 380 DB ES Sports
  • Discontinued

Mitsubishi 380 DB ES Sports (2005-2008)

No reviews yet
Engine6 Cylinder 3.8L6 Cylinder 3.8L6 Cylinder 3.8L6 Cylinder 3.8L
Max Power175kW @ 5250rpm175kW @ 5250rpm175kW @ 5250rpm175kW @ 5250rpm
Max Torque343Nm @ 4000rpm343Nm @ 4000rpm343Nm @ 4000rpm343Nm @ 4000rpm
Country of ManufactureAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustralia
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateJan 2005Jan 2005Jan 2005Jan 2005
Discontinuation dateDec 2008Dec 2008Dec 2008Dec 2008
Compare all 12 Mitsubishi 380 DB (2005-2008)