Mitsubishi SRK-ZMA Series

SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW), SRK25ZMA-S (2.5kW), SRK63ZMA-S (6.3kW), etc...
See the Best Split System Air Conditioners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

• Heating / Cooling Speed
Nic GrandeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So quiet.

I love our new Mitsubishi r/cycle air con.Its so quiet & cool you won't know it's on until you step outside on a hot day.As summer has just ended we have just tried the heating and it warms just as efficiently. A great buy _ very happy.P.S.our house is 17 squares in size.

Chris B.
Chris B.Darling Downs, QLD

Outstanding

More than satisfied with the machines outstanding performance...it has been reliable and easy to use....make sure the installer stops mice/vermin entering the rear of the indoor unit!!!
You wont be disappointed !!

Purchased in October 2016 for $600.00.

Shannon S.
Shannon S.South East Queensland, QLD

Would buy again

3 installed in my property so far . Very quite machine , seems to be efficient, keeps the bedrooms cool in summer and winter heats up the rooms nicely very well priced

Purchased in April 2020.

gymy777
gymy777Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect unit for bedroom!

Great little unit for the bedroom! Very quiet and energy efficient. I have had other brands in my previous homes. This is the first time I went with Mitsubishi and I can honestly say I am happy with my choice.

The cooling side works a treat and the heating side is also more than efficient.

Just do your homework I the size required for your rooms to ensure you are get maximum use.

Purchased in January 2020 at Airconditioning Warehouse Sales.

Split System Air Conditioners

Find out how Mitsubishi SRK-ZMA Series compares to other Split System Air Conditioners

Kevin
KevinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent aircon unit

I run this unit through my kitchen and 2 rooms. Its cools and heats the room very quickly. Its an amazing unit and runs very quiet and efficiently. The cost of the unit is very low and thats great for my wallet with rising electricity bills

Purchased in October 2019 at Airconditioning Warehouse Sales.

Ihave l.
Ihave l.

Awesome machine thats so good on power

I run this machine from solar on my roof. I need it for my burns scars. It does half the house easily ( i have a large home) when the doors and windows are all shut right. Very quiet and very efficient for sure.

David
DavidMelbourne

Very Happy

I live in a smallish, three bedroom house in Melbourne. I've had this aircon for a year now, and I love it.
In the very heat of summer, this unit would get my whole house down to a comfortable level. I've placed it in the living room so it blows down the hallway, and as a consequence, in the middle of the worst heatwaves (40+ degrees), my bedroom gets down to 22 degrees. A very sleepable temperature.
I also use it for most of my heating, and whilst it isn't as potent as the ducted heating, it is still very workable.
I can't speak to the cost of running, because I had solar panels installed at the same time, but I haven't had an electricity bill since, so I'm feeling pretty positive about the whole setup.

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,800.00.

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Grant P
Grant PVictoria

It’s perfect for our home

We have found it works perfectly in all conditions
Either heating the large lounge and kitchen areas and cooling off the entire home
It has brilliant features to adapt to the situation

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,300.00.

Vikram P
Vikram PPerth, WA

so far so good

works very well, enough for my master bedroom
heating and cooling and fan also very comfirtable capacity
remote controller is easy to use
very silent than privious other brand old unit, all good

Purchased in December 2016 at The Good Guys for $1,200.00.

Daniel
DanielKambah 2902, ACT

Small but efficient

Works very well for 3 rooms in a very hot house in the middle of our brutal summer. As a native New Zealander summer in Canberra is pretty much as extreme as my moderate temperature body can handle. My only other reference would be living on the inside of a toaster. Very happy to have this little unit keeping our bedroom area bareable. On the lowest setting at 22 degrees it works really well.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Abb’s
Abb’sMildura

Great heating and cooling!

Great air con with heating and cooling functions, timer easily set to allow cooling while your away from home. We haven’t had any issues so far perfect size for a massive living and kitchen area. We were able to have the unit installed on an internal wall and have the compressor around the corner outside and it hasn’t effect its capacity at all.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
sarah s
sarah sNambour

Value for money efficient air conditioner

We've had this since late 2017, really performs well in our high ceiling queenslander. The external unit is underneath the house, it's really quiet. We've been using during the winter months and the heating cycle works well and is cost efficient to run, uses less kwh then our oil heater. Have some problems with the ac remote, sometimes can stop working (have replaced batteries), have to turn the remote on and off to change the temperature or use other remote options, this doesn't happen very often. I would buy this brand again.

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Billy Kanenine
Billy KanenineSouthwest, VIC

Medium unit with a lot of grunt

I wasn't sure if we had bought a big enough unit at the time and was tossing up between this one and the 7KW for our kitchen/dining area. I also have my home office off the kitchen so needed this to do a good job. It does! We are on a rural property with no gas connection so everything we have is electric and it needs to work. The heating is excellent in winter and the unit performs well to cool the area down on the hottest days. It did cost a lot to install as we had a tricky situation, but the cost of purchasing is now long forgotten as it continues to do a great job nearly two years on.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
unhappyblanco
unhappyblancoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quiet, efficient, value for money

This is the second Mitsubishi reverse cycle aircom we've bought. We bought one for the bedroom 4 years ago with no issues so decided to buy the same make ( but more powerful) for the lounge. Excellent machine, quiet, powerful, efficient and excellent value for money. As great to use in summer as in winter. REALLY pleased with this make and will continue to buy from them due to reliability and all round great value.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
SHUJA.ALI
SHUJA.ALIPerth, WA

Really good

Not bad at all. Quite happy with the performance, especially the noise level is opposite to none. You will never even notice its on. Energy consumption is not mich too after getting our first bill and had been using the air con quite a bit the energy bill still wasnt altered much.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Cathy W.asked
SRK50ZMA-S (5.0kW)

Is the-SRK50ZMA S Mitsubishi approved by the Australian lung foundation to be safe for persons with Chronic pulmonary disease Bronchiactisis & Asthma. We have 2 x SRK50ZMA units running about 16 hours per day in bedroom & living areas. We usually clean the two white mesh panels but not sure what else needs cleaning. We are in Port Stephens area.

I don't know
I have a 7.1 kw unit.
Contact the foundation.

Hi Cathy,

As far as we're aware, the SRK50ZMA hasn't been approved by the Australian Lung Foundation.

As well as the two white mesh filters you mention, there should also be two additional orange coloured filters within the indoor unit.

One of these is the Allergen Clear Filter which is designed to capture and neutralise allergens, bacteria and viruses while the other is the Photocatalytic Deodorising filter which is designed to capture other particle such as fine smoke and neutralises odours.

We recommend you replace both of these at least orange filters annually. You can purchase these filters from our spare parts supplier MRE spares. I have included a link below to your system. The two filters mentioned above are part RKT437A005 [28] and RKT437A801D [29].

We hope this helps but if you have any other questions, please let us know.

Cathy W.

I believe there is a Mitsubishi air con approved by the Aust Lung Foundation. Would you advise which model please?

Who do I contact to hire an air con cleaner?

Tint1asked
SRK-ZMA Series

We have a couple of multi split systems in our beach house which work very well but recently developed a weird problem (we rent it out this could be an operator error by someone.
All of the controllers seem to be defaulted to “auto”’operation (auto symbol top left) but when you press on/off all you get is a blinking 0 in the temperature box and no buttons operate. An ACL reset allows you to regain control- turn on and it comes up in auto but you can adjust mode and temperature briefly but when next you try and control (eg to turn off) it reverts to non- responsive.
Any clues on a fix?

Hi Tint,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having.

If resetting the controller doesn't fix the issue, we'd suggest replacing the remote control. You can source another remote from our spare parts supplier MRE Spares.

Tint1

I think it’s more fundamental than that as I have 7 controllers and they are all behaving the same way. I have powered off the air con units, pulled the batteries out of all the controllers and ACL reset every one - all keep defaulting back.

Hi Tint,

If the error is occurring on all seven remotes, you may want to try and reset the outdoor unit by turning the breaker off, waiting 2 mins and then turning it back on.

If you find the issue is still occurring, we'd recommend submitting warranty service request via the page below.

Maree Sasked
SRK25ZMA-S (2.5kW)

Where can I purchase this unit from please

Yes that is my question

Hi Maree,

The ZMA series has been superseded by the Avanti series which you can find more about here:

You can find a list of MHIAA dealers and stockists on the page below - simply enter your postcode or suburb.

See all Mitsubishi SRK-ZMA Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners representatives

Mitsubishi SRK-ZMA Series

The SRK-ZMA series is designed for interior spaces and is available in five different models according to room size. The 2.0kW is the smallest size and suitable for a child’s room, compared to the 6.0kW, which is ideal for an open plan living space. For larger rooms, Hi-Power and 3D Auto Functions help to spread cool air quickly and efficiently across the room.

The SRK-ZMA is Mitsubishi’s best energy-saving series, as it has achieved high ratings determined by the Australian government Energy Rating initiative for energy conservation. Fuzzy Auto Mode and Eco-mode determines temperature settings and adjusts accordingly to reduce power consumption.

Features:

• Allergen clearing filter and deodorising filter
  • Self-cleaning function alleviates the need to hire a professional cleaner
  • Various timers, including on/off timers and sleep mode
  • Wi-Fi operation optional, with separate purchase of a specialised adaptor
Compare all 8 Mitsubishi SRK-ZMA Series
CategorySplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $675.00$395.00$510.00$499.00
Features Dehumidifying Function, Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart ControlDehumidifying Function, Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart ControlDehumidifying Function, Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart ControlDehumidifying Function, Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control
Cooling Power5 kW2 kW3.5 kW2.5 kW
Heating Energy Rating 2.5 stars4 stars4 stars4.5 stars
Operating Temperature for Cooling-15 to +46-15 to +46-15 to +46-15 to +46
Operating Temperature for Heating-15 to +24-15 to +24-15 to +24-15 to +24
Auto Cleaning (Self Cleaning)YesYesYesYes
Indoor Unit Dimensions 294 x 798 x 229 mm294 x 798 x 229 mm294 x 798 x 229 mm294 x 798 x 229 mm
Indoor Weight9.5 kg9.5 kg9.5 kg9.5 kg
Max Indoor Sound Pressure Level46 dB33 dB42 dB34 dB
Max Outdoor Sound Pressure Level45 dB38 dB43 dB39 dB
Max Outdoor Sound Power Level61 dB52 dB59 dB55 dB
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Compare all 8 Mitsubishi SRK-ZMA Series