Mitsubishi DXK Series

2.4

miner

Has never worked properly from new

This model was purchased in 2013 and has never worked properly, when it starts back on after defrost the Fan does not work, a grinding noise comes from the unit.
    Numerous times they have tried to fix it, i have now been waiting six weeks since contacting the service manager at Mitsubishi for them to try and fix it again.

Date PurchasedNov 2013
    miner

Got the aircon fixed at last, runs well now but will see when the next defrost comes on which will be next year now unless we have a cold snap.

Mike Dee

Mike DeeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good quality air con without price

William Joseph

William Joseph

Warining - Auto Features Don't work on these units

Set your aircon for a specific temperature and you expect it to reach that temperature and maintain it (or at least around there) not mine. It keeps getting colder and colder. To make matters worse it sometimes works properly and other times doesn't. I have two of them and they are both the same. It means you end up having to manually control the things or you freeze and waste electricity.

Split System Air Conditioners

Find out how Mitsubishi DXK Series compares to other Split System Air Conditioners

Teresa

TeresaPerth

I had mine professionally installed. The indoor unit is whisper quiet and the outdoor unit is on the roof and hardly audible. This is an excellent buy and I recommend it highly. I am yet to try the heating effectiveness but if the cooling is anything to go by my home will be toasty warm.
    Energy efficient, quiet, quick to cool a hot room.

Ausfamily

AusfamilySydney

Don't waste your money .

This model is trumpeted as a really good Air Conditioner but it isn't. It hardly puts out any air, it is very noisy outside; it emits a low bass sound that while it may be only 61 decibels sounds bigger and travels further because it is like a bass sub woofer. I really regret getting this Air Conditioner it is useless it doesn't cool even a small room. I will replace it with any other brand as soon as I can. I totally wasted $2500 with the costs of installation. I write this to warn others not to make the same mistake I did. In the past I've had Kelvinator, Lg and Panasonic all good units that performed well. I never thought an Air Conditioner cod be this bad.
    Nothing
    Underpowered noisy

Coldie
    Coldie

How old is this unit, & did a reputable installer fir this aircon for you?

Tyson64
    Tyson64

Yeah it sounds like it hasn't been wired properly, I did my own and sounds like the same problem you have, then I got an installer in and it was great. Different brand though. Cheers

Mat basked

DXK Series

Hi, I have a DXK12ZJ-S and its too small for area it needs to heat & cool. Would the larger DXK24ZRA-W unit be a straight swap over and could thhe existing mounting plate for the indoor unit still stay in place for the new larger unit (Mitsubishi DXK24ZRA-W)?

Hi Mat,

If you were to replace your current system, the new unit would need to be mounted using the new mounting plate that will be supplied.

Mat b

Ok, thanks Glen. Also, I'm assuming the hole size through the brick wall behind for both these models is still the same?
    Also, the power feed for the currently installed smaller model is a 16amp 2.5mm single phase cable?

Hi Mat,

The hole in the wall should be the same size. The power feed would also likely be the same. We strongly suggest all installation works be carried out by an authorised installer.

Ottonie O.

Ottonie O.asked

DXK24Z4-S (2.4kW)

Hi, a long while ago, I asked for a manual for the above Mitsubishi DXK24Z4-S. You very kindly supplied me with a copy, and it was extremely helpful. I seem to have lost it (dementia, I reckon), and wonder if you would be able to supply another one, or email me the pages on [email removed] ? Thank you. Ottie Oswald

K G

K Gasked

DXK21Z4-S (2.1kW)

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners representatives

• GTIN13: 4961317344927