Mitsubishi Pajero NS

Mitsubishi Pajero NS (2006-2008)

Mitsubishi Pajero In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

• Acceleration / Power
  • Features
  • Comfort
RDougall

RDougallSydney, NSW

Phenomenal car feels solid!

We love our Pajero, drives for hours and hours without skipping a beat and is just so comfortable on long distances. Equally capable off road. Mitsubishis are generally called the poor cousins of the Toyotas but nothing poor about the Pajero and you don't pay unreasonable amounts to own one! I was looking for a Prado when a friend offered to let me check out his car and it was instant love. Fuel efficiency is also not bad for a 3.2 diesel and now that we've had our baby the baby seat is definitely going in this one it's solid and feels really safe!

Year2008
Marnie Smith

Marnie SmithIllawarra, NSW

Best car ive ever owned

Good family car
Drives amazing
Never had any issues with it
So spacious & good for towing our van
& 4wding
Has built in DVD player, heated seats & all these cool little extras. It's comfortable & I couldn't recommend a Pajero more. When / if I ever upgrade it will be to a newer pajero best car we have ever owned

We have big 4wd wheels on it which are rather noisy & a 2inch lift kit. Need to put a bullbar on before we head around aus

Purchased in June 2019 at Private seller for $11,000.00.

TransmissionManual
BoughtUsed
Year2007
Cruikey

CruikeyAU

pajero needing a brake disk replaced at 26,000 kms warranty declined ?

Purchased in July 2015.

BoughtNew
Year2014

Drjasper

DrjasperAU

Great comfortable 4wd with grunt

I have the diesel version. She sounds like a small truck, but you get used to it. It’s a very comfortable 4wd that drives like a sedan. Easy to operate the 4wd and diff lock from inside the vehicle.

The radio in mine is terrible and it’s quite ridiculous that in 2006 they couldn’t include a USB socket. They have been around for ten years when this thing was built.

BadgeGLS
Date PurchasedJan 2018
Kim

Kim

Top Car-Better than a LandCruiser hands down!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Fuel economy should be better...

Badge25th Anniversary
Date PurchasedJan 2016
Paultj

PaultjPerth, WA

I have a 2007 vrx diesel and love it..

Pulls the caravan ,boat with ease..great on the road and off-road..performs really well..Pajero is under estimated. Found it difficult to find full foofracks..no gutter. Have 18 inch rim with Cooper's on..they are 5 years old and a bit noisy,going for Toyo tyres next..interior of car awesome extras,,will build drawers in Back, also will get dual battery fitted

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Date PurchasedFeb 2013

Ali

AliSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome 4wd...underrated...

I have had a pajero turbo diesel in manuals and autos for the last six years. .
1. Plenty power.
2. Fuel economy. ..I generally drive from inala brisbane to Sydney cbd in one tank of diesel
3. Very spacious
4. Done heaps of 4wd in it...done Stockton beach..rainbow beach and noosa..
Has 3000000km on it and unstoppable. ..no extra work ever needed..just oil and brakes
With autos...egr will need to be cleaned at app 200000km..cost $300 and place a blocker..

Date PurchasedJan 2011
James Carter

James CarterMelbourne

Love That Pajero

Owned my NS Diesel Exceed for almost 2 years now and its been awesome. Love all the great luxury features. One thing I would like to do is change the whole suspension as its a bit too stiff for regular road use. Overall its a very capable 4wd and looks gorgeous too.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
RabbitT

RabbitTPerth

Great drive but watch the DPF

The Pajero has great visibility, is great around the city and easy parking. Off road (soft sand) and it performs very well. Buyers of second hand diesel Pajeros need to be aware of the DPF.
Mitsi don't really have a handle the issue. My car had less than 130,000km when the DPF failed. The repair bill was more than $6000.
The DPF fail brings an otherwise great vehicle comes to a standstill.

Badge25th Anniversary
Date PurchasedMay 2011

One of the best all round medium sized 4wd vehicles

BadgeGLX

On my third and will get a 4th

Tony G

Tony GBoyne Island

Servicing and DPF

My 180K service was quoted at dealer but when doing service said it would be 3 times the quoted figure ($2400). Just broke down in NSW with DPF issues. $6,000 later I was on the road but the DPF was suppose to come from Japan and being Christmas I was stranded in NSW for 21 days. After which the dealer said Mitsubishi informed them that the part will not be coming from Japan and a non-genuine one was sourced and fitted. Bad communication by Mitsubishi.
Vehicle was poorly finished with oily finger prints over motor, spilt oil and a loose bolt found near the inlet manifold. Yet they could blacken the tyres!!!
Apart from that I love my NS VRX. Like others I use my 3rd seat compartment for tools and fuel when outback.

Phil in the Adelaide Hil

Phil in the Adelaide HilAdelaide

Pajero VRX 2006 (I think)

Purchased in January 2006.

BoughtNew
Year2006
Coley83

Coley83AU

Love that car

Benella
Benella
Bushgirl

Thanks that does help, I keep getting different opinions from different tyre dealers and they all tell you that their tyres are better! lol!... I will do some more homework on it, the guy at Jax' recommended Hankook' for Pajero too! cheers!

2006/7 NS GLX Pajero- Awesome

Blinky Bill
Blinky Bill

Pajero 2007 ns

Tony Bird
Tony Bird

Hi you've obviously bought a very neglected vehicle. I've had a 2003 model since new and have had no problems at all but I've had it serviced by the book.

Mr Leman
Mr Leman
wrexy

wrexyAU

Value !

ExJBHiFiCust
ExJBHiFiCust

Should be fixed price servicing for first 60K (4x15K services).