Mitsubishi Pajero NX

Mitsubishi Pajero NX (2014-2019)

GLX (2014-2019), Exceed (2014-2019) and GLS (2014-2019)
Mitsubishi Pajero In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

70k fault free klm’s

I bought my NX in 2016 after test driving every other competitor in the market. To be honest, the Pajero wasn’t even on my radar but we sort of fell into it. The thing that really sold it to us was the incredible visibility from inside and the total ease of driving.
We’ve had the car for 70k Kim now and apart from regular (more than the handbook recommends), servicing we’ve had nil unscheduled costs.
We tow a Cub camper (about 1300kg) regularly and tour around as well as it being our regular drive.
The Pajero tows really well and returns high 10’s when towing which I’m really happy with. Fuel consumption for non towing touring is normally in the mid to high 9’s.
Seat comfort is surprisingly good considering that they don’t look anything special and the cabin is really roomy.
All the bits and pieces work as designed and are reliable.
The only issue is that Pajeros are not quiet.
Lots of road noise and that bullet proof 3.2 engine does like to tell you that it’s there. The old fashioned 5 speed auto is really well matched to the engine and makes for a relaxed drive. Way better than the more modern transmissions. Sometimes, old school is better and this is truly the case here.
A couple of additions if you intend touring:
Please fit a catch can and a fuel pre filter. These little additions may well save dramas down the track.
Would I buy a Pajero again? You bet!

Purchased in June 2016 at Mitsubishi for $52,000.00.

Noise Level
Interior Design
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Sorry customer it's up to our standards.

Further to myself adding to the existing list of complaints about poor service and rickety parts on this vehicle purchased new,I can also confirm like other customers have mentioned:-
1)The paint is in deed very poor quality and seems to scratch worryingly very easily,almost like I need to pay for a additional paint job by a third party.
2)Many parts like internal light covers seem to just fall off and this is with light driving on flat tarmac roads
3)Front seats click and move from side to side-Dangerous,very stressful.
4)Radio very fuzzy with poor reception
5)Service I have received has been by the looks of many others reviews including myself a growing trend of 'Its up to Mitsubishis standards' so we can't help you.
I'd avoid the stress of purchasing a vehicle that clearly has been allowed to drop to lemon Standards with corrupt and immoral behaviour to accompany it.

Purchased in January 2019 at Kings Cars for $50,000.00.

Noise Level
Interior Design
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Do even bother with the warranty claims

I would never ever going to buy a Mitsubishi car! All this warranty and reliability promises are nothing but false statement. The company does not even consider basic faults and force the customers to pay extra to sort out the issue! I have a Pajero 2017 model. Went shopping last week. So obviously had to open the boot door to leave the groceries at the back. The door was not on the “locked” position as there were only couple of bags but I had the door fully open for seconds. Then I tried to close the door and it was jammed. I spent like 30min to try to close the door but couldn’t. So had to use some force to close it and then the door lock broke!! Now Chadstone mitsubishi and even Mitsubishi Australia says since I have used force to close the door, I cannot claim this fault under the warranty! I should I have called road side assist to come over and close the door for me!! Okay, lesson learned now! Goodbye Mitsubishi!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Drive4WD

Capable off road but a few issues

Before ever taking my 2017 Pajero GLX off road I noticed a few issues:

1. Drivers seat base moves noticeably when going around corners. Dealer says its normal.
2. Stock radio is terrible. Dealer says its normal. If you want to be able to make bluetooth phone calls and listen to music with some clarity you'll need to at least upgrade the crap stock speakers. When on the phone to someone they always complained they couldn’t understand me with all the background noise. Also I could hardly hear them because the audio quality was terrible. I replaced the head unit and speakers but I shouldn’t have had to.
3. Random vibration noises from the underbody that come and go. Dealer noticed them but couldn't pinpoint.

The above are unacceptable for a 50k vehicle built in Japan. All these issues appeared before the first service.

Other than that its been very good off road and handles OK on road given the size of the vehicle. Have not had any issues with the DPF which is nice.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

perfect 4 x 4 Pajero gls 3.2L

I love my Pajero. I have been through the Flinders Ranges. In sand hills , you point this car and away you go.
Pull my van well. Fuel is not bad, just remember it’s a two ton car. Also the price is well below any other unit.
I added the 3mm bash plate underneath which cut the cabin engine noise, noticeable on descent on hills.
If I was to replace I would order one tomorrow. In 12 months I have covered 45000km. No problems.
Love that car.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

perfect car

The best family car we had. Spacious and sporty. We wanted to long drive on our days off. Our daughter loved it as well. This car will stay with us until 10years or more. The drive sensor were safe, we can see road well while driving and lots of space at the back.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great car with a lot of power

The car is amazing to drive. It has great comfort in all situations. Great on bumpy roads and is a fairly quiet car! The overall reliability of the car has been amazing. Had a battery issue which is Common in all cars when it is old. But very happy.

The fuel economy us excellent and i get a good 2 weeks mileage on a tank.

This can handles like a dream especially around corners and on the country roads.

Dashboard has lots od information for door status and speed.

Great bang for your buck including quality.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

The best handling full sized 4X4 for under 60k

The style may be slightly dated, but this is still the best performing 4x4 available in this price bracket.
Unlike many soft-roaders, the occupants will not feel like they are being thrown around in rough seas if you give it some jandle. The 3.2 is a beautiful engine, tonnes of torque and plenty of power. Fuel economy is fair, I'm getting 9/100. The updated stereo now features carplay, and there's lots of power outlets.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great off road 4wd

This is our second mitbubishi 4wd and we find this one is also reliable and user friendly. It is quiet for a 4wd and well sealed as the dust does not enter. Have travelled long distance on many outback dirt roads and it is a verh smooth ride. We fitted a non factory bull bar which as since paid off with wildlife. The reversing camera is excellent and with the turning circle the car nearly parks itself. The only issue is the gps you have to use your phone data and if you are in non phone service areas you have no gps.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Love it

This suv is easy to drive, easy to park, it has seat heat warmers, the leg room is good. There is not alot of soace down the side of the seat to adjust the seat position, i have small hands and its a tight squeeze. A baby seat is easy to install with no modifications needed.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Tis 4x4 worked great for me.. won't be without it

I lime every thing about this vehicle accept the GPS. Other than that i would buy another one in the near future. Its great on and off the road and exceptionally comfortable on long trip and has all the little things like heated seats which my wife loves . Its just fablous vehicle.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Great 4x4

I have a 2017 pajero. No fancy labels, decent fuel economy for a 4x4, tough as a nail ,reliable and very good off road capability and on road handling On top of that you have the good old wide windows and high seating. The new infotainment and android connectivity is a cherry on top and I rate it above 4.5/5

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Fantastic car

The Pajero is a fantastic 4wd with great on-road manners, and very good off road capability. I do wish the steering column could be raised and lowered, but it is good enough. The mirrors and reversing camera make the pajero easier to park than my old Astra. If you have taller passengers, the rear head room can be a bit limited in the rear if you get the sunroof.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Lovely car

Lovely car to drive, a bit loud at times, but it felt like you were driving a smaller car - in a the best way possible. Easy to park, good vision etc. Sometimes legroom wasn't the greatest, but was comfortable enough. The 3rd row seats are useless I must say. Previously had a kluger, and notice that the Paj wasn't as refined, but it didn't affect how it drove. Have recently upgraded to a Colorado,and miss how easy the Paj was to park! Must add that it was very well equipped and priced

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Real man's 4x4, love it

Very reliable with top performance
Pajero’s space and seating flexibility allow third row seats to be easily stowed under the cargo floor to create a wide, flat storage space or removed completely to give you a convenient underfloor compartment. Second row seats can also be folded down to provide space for nearly anything you want to bring along for the ride.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Good Family Car

The Car is mainly used as moms taxi. The performance of the engine is brilliant and road handling also very good. The engine can be abit noisy but it is old technology but a very good motor. Driving on gravel roads the dashboard does rattle and is a bit noisy. My wife likes the ease of driving it and has good visibility all round which she finds a good plus factor and easy to park.
The interior is very good lots of legroom nice layout of the dash board. The glove box lid plastic scuffs quite easy. The 6/7 boot seat wish it could split like the other manufacturers so one could load more luggage if you had one person sitting in the back. Wish the boot had more square straight panels just for ease of packing the car boot.
Very reliable car running costs not bad at all. Good fuel consumption for a big car around 8 ltrs per 100.
I will give it 8 out of 10

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Great 4wd for the family

We bought our new NX Pajero after looking at all of the true and tested 4wds out there.
For the price we bought the GLS for we are more than happy.
Within a couple of months we took a trip to the red centre. A family of 4 with all camping gear fit easily with a roof pod for the lightweight stuff.
We drove 8500km and averaged 10.1 l/100km over te entire trip. We were impressed with the ride comfort and noise level.
We are not too thrilled about the lack of storage inside the cabin but we bought some cheapish seat organisers for the kids in the back seat. These organisers included bottle holders so that took care of the drink holder shortage.
Overall we are very happy with the on road and off-road handling and comfort.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Great so 1 person in 15700 found this helpful. Fantastic

A 4WD that handles like a car on road

I have had my MY15 NX GLS since new and have travelled over 40,000kms. Driving on the road and highways, it handles like a car thanks to its monocoque chassis with independent front and rear suspensions. No issues on sand and 20cm deep mud and corrugations. I have yet to take it to more aggressive roads/tracks. The performance from the 3.2L, 4 cylinder VGT turbo is suprisingly good. Going up the freeway tunnel it accelerates without fuss with over 500kg of passengers. Average fuel usage is 9.5L/100kms and that is with lots of city start/stop traffic. On the freeway, it returns 7.5L/100km. Noise is not that much of an issue especially with extra noise insulation and acoustic windscreen. One can only hear the diesel at idle speeds with the windows down.

I have driven to Mount Gambier, Mornington Penningsula via the Great Ocear Road, Yorke Penningsula and Goolwa, Victor Harbor, Waitpinga Beach and it ate away to highways with ease.

It is surprisingly easy to park for such a large car, mainly due to the very short front overhangs. I also fitted aftermarket front parking sensors and this made it even easier to park.

With the interior, it is very spacious, although it would have been better if the second row of seats could move back and forth. Moving it forth a little would give the 3rd row seats a little bit more leg room. The 3rd row seat floor is also a tad too high, making it feel more cramped then the second row. The fully adjustable electric driver's seat is excellent although it does not have seating position memory. The dashboad does feel a little outdated but is very functional. The centre display shows all the trip computer info, compass, outside temp etc etc. The 7" MMCS is also very nice but it is annoying that one cannot program the GPS or perform some other functions once the car is in motion (ADR rules I know), eventough a passenger could do it. Interestingly, my oldest gets motion sickness in a sedan on winding roads but have no issues in the Pajero.

Reliability wise, I have not hade any issues with it and the fixed price scheduled servicing keeps the costs down. It is about to go for its more expensive 45,000K full service. Tyres still have plenty of tread left as do the brake pads. The large 4-pot opposed caliper brakes make short work of stopping the 2.35 tonne Pajero (It has full aftermarket under-body protection, nudge bar and tow bar, hence the weight).

Overall, I am quite satisfied with it and is excellent value for money.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Pajero Sports GLS gives what is promised

Handling and performance of the 4wd is terrific. No problems there. Not noisy either.
The interior leaves a lot to be desired. For example there are too many sun reflective trimmings in and around the two front seats which when the sun hits them, is very blinding for both the driver and front passenger. There is a shortage of usb points and the two that are included are in the most awkward position of all. It is by feel only that you can plug a device into the usb point, as you can't see it from the front seats. It's located in the console between the drivers and passenger seat, down low in the cubicle.
We've had the vehicle for around 4 months now and it's been very reliable and the running costs, being diesel, are very pleasing. On a trip, we'll get around 14 klms per litre and around town around 11klms. Towing a 1 tonne van we get around 9 klms.
Keyless entry and locking are great. Warning bells if door is left open can be annoying at times.
This vehicle was an ex demo, and had many extras fitted to it and only 700klms on the dial when we took delivery.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great car that exceeds my expectations

Couldnt ask for better. Proven reliability and reasonable fuel economy. Top value for money. Not as modern as the sport model but a better 4wd with a bigger inside feel. Finish is great. The only down side is when towing the spare tyre prevents the door opening fully. A treg hitch would solve. Tows a large van easily.

Date PurchasedJul 2016