Mitsubishi Pajero Sport QE (2015-Present)

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport QE (2015-Present)

Excellent value

Bought this car in 2018 to tow our new, heavier off road van. Wanted comfort, reliability, economy & features. Very happy with everything. Only three things not perfect - narrower interior & fewer storage spots than my Hyundai Santa Fe & chews up quite a bit more fuel when towing, but still fairly economical for normal driving. .

Purchased at Mitsubishi Dealers for $40,000.00.

Noise Level
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Loved Driving It

Bought my PS Exceed in July 2018. It was a BIG change for me, having driven a little Honda Jazz for so long. Took a while to get used to it, but I did. Now I love driving it. A few minor things that I don't like, but that is just things that I find annoying. No rear/hatch door electric or remote closure is one that needs addressing for this vehicle, considering its height and price point. I also find the location of the drivers cup holder awkward. Other than this, it is great!!! No issues at all. We haven't taken it "off road" as yet, but have towed a 24' caravan which it managed with ease. Lovely to drive long distance and the space in the back with the 3rd row of seats folded is AMAZING. Would not hesitate to recommend it.

Purchased at Brighton Mitsubishi.

Noise Level
Interior Design
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Not the best car for child seats

What I like: the interior is pretty modern and decent for its price range, I love it. Performance is ok, I have no problem with it as I haven't taken it off-road.

What I don't like, to the point where I want to trade it in for another car is the 2nd row seat. The child seat anchors are at the roof, just right above the 3rd row. I thought I could live with it. Not until we actually had to use the 3rd row. It would be very unfortunate for the ones in the 3rd row as it obstructive/distracting. Imagine going for an hour with the car seat straps right in front of your face.

To make things worse, the middle seat belt of the 2nd row is also coming from the roof. Again it obstructs vision, it is a little distracting and in my opinion, very annoying and unpleasant to the eyes.

Now I am back on the market to find better alternatives. I love this car but this is a 7-seater. I bought this because I have a need to carry 7 people at times. Having straps running across the roof is just a result of poor design in this day and age.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

A brilliant all-round car.

Use our 2016 model PS for commuting, long distance, gentle off-road work and now towing a hybrid caravan.
The car has been nothing short of excellent in just about every facet of its designed purpose, and can mix it with the best. With the gearbox choices and differential locks, it is unstoppable in off-road situations. Towing a 2.4 tonne van is fine around town in automatic mode, but paddle shifting at highway speeds allows the engine to manually shifted allowing better use of ratios to provide a better spinning engine and revs to avoid high levels of auto shifting. Throttle lag was eliminated following the installation of I-Drive unit, which made a significant throttle improvement to an already fine car.
Worse point is the location of the USB ports inside the central armrest, and the dreadful edges on the centre console which can dig into the side of the Driver's left leg. These minor issues have been addressed on the current model.
Can thoroughly recommend a test drive which will certainly surprise. Love this car!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Great car mechanically but paint issues

We bought a 2016 model (exceed) in white. So far no major mechanical issues apart from a squeaky belt - but have never taken this offroad. Good economy but lacks a little in power, but its great for a town car and the parking cameras and slightly narrower build makes it great for tight spots.
After 12 months we have noticed the paint is becoming chalky in a very bad way. So far we have taken it back to the local dealer who dismissed it.
We will take it back again and ask for the case to be taken higher. It cant be right for a car bought brand new and never taken offroad.
Has anyone else with a white exceed 2016 had paint issues? Am thinking this may be a batch issue?
5 stars for ecomony and performance, but lost a few for the paint quality. Am seriously hoping Mitsubishi has some answers for me on this one.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Drive4WD

Brilliant 4WD

Purchased as novated lease car and very happy. Travelled 30,000 kms over 12 months and not had any mechanical issues. I recently installed an IDrive which has reduced the effect of turbo lag common to these types of vehicles; made it a different car to drive. It’s reasonably economical for the size of the vehicle giving around 550kms to a tank city and close to 900 kms country driving. Its much better value than the Ford Ranger and Toyota equivalent and tracking the resale through Carsales it’s holding up in the secondhand hand market. If you are not a brand snob and have a brain in your head you will choose then Pajero Sport it’s roomy inside comfortable to drive and has great safety features for the $. I highly recommend.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Drive4WD

Excellent roomy comfortable family car

The Pajero sport is brilliant for us. It’s a great family car, used for running around town and travelling. We don’t go off road but can honestly say, it is beautiful to drive on the road. The pick up is lacking compared to the previous unleaded vehicles I’ve had, but it doesn’t sound like a truck like other diesels I’ve test driven. The fuel economy is fantastic at approx 8.9L/100km for a mix of town and highway driving. We bought this car in August 2018, and only had one service so far, but Mitsubishi have been fantastic to deal with.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Disappointed

Bought brand new Pajero sport exceed model only 10 months ago. Only used 11000 kms. Not a single off road drive yet.1 week ago broken down and was needed to be towed away with immobiliser service error message. Can not start . Difficult to tow as can not release electric park brake. No technical help from mitshubishi in towing car. They have been fixing it for last 1 week . No alternate car provided. Lost trust in mitshubishi brand. disappointed and regretting for spending $55000 . Please think few times before you spend money on this car, brand and its dealers.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Excellent sport car for long distance drive: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport

I bought a new diesel Mitsubishi Pajero Sport USV and used it for the last 12 months. I have driven almost 20000km and it is fantastic. Once I went to Melbourne from my home in Townsville. I had only 5 stops for refueling and had no stress in driving at all. It is very smooth and steady on the road as well as off road. I had only one service so far and the motor is very smooth. Fuel consumption is excellent. It runs 100km/he with 1600 rpm which is normally 2000rpm in most of the 4 cylinder diesel vehicles. More economical than my other petrol Mitsubishi out-lander.

BadgeMitsubishi Pajero
Date PurchasedSep 2017

Had it only 4000klms and traded in found gearbox problem and did not perform as supposed to, motor t

Was not impressed at all with highway performance and really only bought it to please the wife. Had problems with transmission took it back to dealers told them the problem but as usual don’t listen. Found stability on highway driving not able to relax. Transmission jolting at100 to 110 Kim’s per hour.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great compact rugged SUV

Love it - it tows the caravan so well.
Fully optioned with most extras. It has up to date technology available without a high price tag. Rides a little rough but to be expected in a 4wd vehicle of this nature.
Electronic parking sensors a bit sensitive (go off when sitting in traffic). Android car play doesnt work with our phones so no GPS.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Just love the Pajero Sport

Purchased a Pajero Sport in Oct 2016 and we are so pleased with this car. I love the turbo diesel it is so fuel efficient for a car this size, it averages between 8-9 l per 100 around town which for me is excellent for a car this size. It's such a delight to drive I love the eight speed auto it its so well paired with the diesel. Excellent value for money.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Best car ever!!

Big deal from Mitsubishi Motors! I’m using the 2017 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport few months ago, and I’m impressed so far. Spacious 7 seater model, beautiful interior. Very economic on fuel, especially on highway. Around 8L/100km City: ~10.5L
Sound system is good , 4X4 abilities are impressing.
This vehicle is the best for the price you can get, recommended to everyone!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Love this car

I absolutely love my pajero sport, it goes well on and off road, is very quiet, has great mileage and has good features and technology. The interior is comfortable and spacious, the apple car play is well integrated and it is nice to have the dual air con system. My only complaint is the electric handbrake is a strange choice for a serious 4WD and has its drawbacks but still happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great car, great value

We have driven the car so far for 17,000km. Overall it has been a great car. Tyre wear so far is reasonable and I would expect to see about 40-50k out of the Bridgestones.
The leather seats are reasonably comfortable on a long drive. The middle row seat is a little narrow and it's hard to get two baby seats and an adult in all at once. The anchor points for the baby seats are in the roof. This is very annoying especially if using the rear seats as the tether straps get in the face of anybody sitting in the third row.
The center touchscreen with Android auto and apple carplay is generally pretty good. However the system can be quite buggy and features will sometimes not work or the audio become staticy - if that's a word.
Love the rear roof mounted AC vents for the kids. Note: these are cool only (no warm air/heater).
Adaptive cruise control is great. We recently followed a very slow group of drivers through some very windy roads in the national Park for about 15 minutes without touching the brake or accelerator. The car just matched their speed and kept the same distance - even when they stopped for a few seconds.
There is one issue with the adaptive cruise and it's when a vehicle in front of you moves one lane over and slows down (moves into a turning lane). The cruise will brake thinking that you're going to hit this vehicle. It's a bit of an issue when you're doing 110 and suddenly slowing down to 60 for no reason. The workaround is to accelerate slightly when you see someone in front go onto the turning lane. This will override the cruise.
Power from the diesel engine is reasonable considering the good fuel economy. Only drawback really is the low capacity fuel tank. Makes it feel like a petrol car the amount of times we visit the servo for a full up.
So far no issues with the body, panel gaps, rattles, squeeks, paint. All have been perfect. Service cost not too bad for this sized vehicle. With the first service costing $350. Just make sure the dealer rotates the tyres every service and you use the full size alloy spare as part of that rotation.

So, for the money paid we are very happy with the car even though the rear is super ugly. I guess at least it is striking. I strongly recommend going with the exceed model for the extra safety features. Also for God's sake pay the extra for the roof spoiler. The car looks terrible without it.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Great car

I have the exceed.
I love this car, loads of gadjets, comfortable, good fuel economy. Very safe car with the auto breaking detection system. I bought this car because it ticked all the safety aspects I wanted for my family. Great value for money compared to other cars in the same league.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Loving our Pajero Sport

Whole family is pretty wrapped in our new Pajero Sport! It's classy good looks around town combined with us enjoying taking it along the beach for the day and along bush tracks camping means we can enjoy the cooler months of the year in North QLD more than ever. Kids love being able to control air-conditioning in all 5 rear seats. Legroom has been fine for our family of 5 with teenagers. May get a bit squishy with all of us in car as they grow.

Great for towing the boat too although I did have to buy an extendable tow bar so I could open the back hatch of the car with the boat attached. 7 seater comes in very handy with three kids' friends always tagging a long on outings. When just camping with one son I was able to put all seats down and use all of the back of the car for tent, tables, stove and esky etc.,

I love the acceleration ability when driving too. There is no lag in power and speed which I thought a 4 cylinder diesel might have. I wanted to get second battery put in the vehicle to run fridge / freezer for camping but unfortunately auto electrician advised that there is no room under bonnet for second battery.

My only other criticism of the vehicle is that driving around town I thought the fuel consumption might be better. Everytime I fill up for around town driving, the dash tells me I will get 560 km for a tank whereas I was expecting a good 100 km more. Also the fuel gauge says that I have 60 km left but always I drive another 10 km and it tells me I have to fill up immediately. a bit misleading and annoying. Many pros of the car however outweigh the few negatives.

I think the 15000 km / 12 month servicing and the 5 year warranty is a big attraction too. I am really enjoying this vehicle and I'll be keeping this vehicle for quite a few years I think !

Camoe

January 5th 2018 Update: Questioning mechical robustness of my Pajero Sport

Last month I got my 12 month / 15000 km scheduled service on my Pajero Sport. I was dismayed to be told that I had damaged the front under-body protection plate under the radiator to such a degree that it had pierced the radiator. I subsequently had to replace the radiator and the under-body plates for in excess of $1500. Only my wife and I had ever driven this vehicle. It has only ever been driven along bitumen roads and once along a sandy beach; we had never driven it off road 4X4. Neither of us has even hit anything to instill such damage under the vehicle so we are at total loss as to how this damage to the vehicle occurred.

Given this damage to the vehicle I can only speculate how fragile my new Pajero Sport really is and how it would handle some read 4WDing. Not well I would think! So much for all the TV advertisements exposing the off road escapism and adventurous capabilities of the Pajero Sport! Don't get me wrong - I love driving my Pajero Sport on road, but if I can do this sort of damage to it not 4WDing what is my vehicle really capable of doing offroad? I and my wallet are fearful of my ever taking it 4WDing to find out. I seriously doubt whether all the off road advertisements for Pajero Sports are showing "standard" Pajero Sports!

Though my local Mitsubishi dealership in Townsville (Pickerings) were most helpful in providing me with great service and reasonable repair costs compared to others, I can not say that the same high quality of customer service was provided to me from Australian Mitsubishi head office. In telephoning my disappointment about the apparent fragility of my vehicle the nazi Mitsubishi head office receptionist would not let me get past first base to a Mitsubishi manager continually parroting the rhetoric of "all Mitsubishi vehicles are built to Australian standards, you have damaged the vehicle and it is not covered by warranty". Since my completion of an on-line customer survey of my dissatisfaction with Australian Mitsubishi head office some weeks ago, Mitsubishi Australia has not even had the motivation to follow up with me regarding my grievances and concerns about the fragility of my vehicle.

I still loving driving my Pajero Sport on-road but given the poor customer service and fob off I have received from Mitsubishi Australia head office and my demonstrated concerns about the fragility of my 4WD Pajero Sport, I am querying whether I will be rushing to buy another Mitsubishi any time soon.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Amazing car

Our first 4wd and we absolutely love it. We were a little concerned about buying a bigger car but the PS is just as awesome around the city as it is on the beach or in the bush. We can't wait to go to places we never thought we could.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Pleasure to Drive anywhere

Great 4x4 characteristics and as car reviews show. Very quiet cabin and soft leather seats give a sense of quality and a plush ride make traveling our country a pleasure. Yet to get my head around all the "infotainment" but would like the "nag screen" to accept my "agree" to be the final say not every time the ignition is switched on. Will update after hitching up the 2.2t caravan. Still getting used to "fly by wire" accelerator as all previous cars have had cable throttle. Do like the 8 speed auto and the paddle shifters on the steering wheel. Awesome sounding stereo and DVD in the back for grandkids (5 Seater model) Do like handeling and smooth ride. Not sure about 8 Ltr per 100 Klms as advetised more like 8.7 but yet to settle in. Do like 5 year warranty and yearly service. LED Lighting Vgood.

Update....Its settled in more and is light to drive and very maneuverable. Continues to impress me with 6 L per 100k (on the dash) and 5.7 @ 80klms (roadworks). Had it down the beach when a bogged Jeep GC asked me for a tow out of the sand (wheres a camera when u need one). Very capable 4X4 as the transmission feels very assured.

Take one for a test drive and you'll love it.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Happy customer

Purchased a Pajero Sport after doing extensive research. It has lived up to all expectations in regard to comfort, features and, thus far, hassle free. I use this vehicle for a combination of beach work, light four wheel driving and 'around town' work. It is very comfortable and easy to drive as well as having the credentials of a serious "off reader" and all at a price far lower than the benchmark "Cruisers". ( The only real critism is the positioning of the USB plugs in the bench compartment - very difficult to get to.) Overall, very happy. This one is really a "keeper".

Date PurchasedJan 2017