Mitsubishi Pajero Sport QE GLS

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport QE GLS (2015-2019)

7 Seats (2016-2019) and 5 Seats (2015-2019)

Extensive online research confirms decision to buy!

Hi all. Bought my MY2019 in March after considerable research and I'm very pleased with my decision. Closely considered Isuzu MUX but the transmission (with "AWD" option) and general value for money decided me on the PS. Also the 7 year warranty plus 2 yrs free servicing & $1000 accessories made the decision a no-brainer! I have only 3 issues with it; very little storage space, the cockpit room is a little cramped and it would be great to have the ability to "save" my seating position so I can easily retrieve it after my wife has driven it. Otherwise its a great car and i thoroughly recommend it!
Rob from Maitland SA

Purchased in March 2019 for $50,000.00.

Noise Level

Transmission clunking .

I bought my Mitsubishi Sport 6 months ago and from day 1 have had transmission problems.
The problem is a clunking transmission when the accelerator is used on and off in bad traffic.
Its a lot worse at around the 100k mark and at times the engine seems to miss as its happening.
Ive had it back to the dealer three times to be told its normal. Ive driven cars for 45years and never experienced anything like this in any other car including a Pajero from the 90s.The service manager told me last week that some grease will fix it ,really!! Apart from this the car is great , its so disappointing when you buy something brand new and its not as it should be. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do as I know there is something wrong here?

Purchased in November 2018.

Comfort

Amazing car..great drive and feature rich

I upgraded from my challenger PB 2012 model. The Challenger is a good vehicle, had no complaints...Was attracted to the Pajero Sport as it is different, doesnt look or feel truck like even though based on Triton...wanted the 7 seat option, leather power seats, spoiler on the rear, dual zone climate control so Gls is the sweet spot...havent been offroad but driving in the city and across town with some rural driving i have been very impressed at how easy and comfortable it is to drive and despite one or two comments read about engine noise, it almost sounds like you are driving a petrol model...for a diesel it is fairly quiet and smooth...a little bit of lag, common on all diesels, but the 8 speed auto is very responsive and handles the engine extremely well as it runs up and down to select the right gear for the demand. The engine is willing and not overly noisy. I have returning fuel consumption of between 7L - 8.3 L 100/klm and overall combined average is 8.2 L / 100klm. The seats are very comfortable, adaptive cruise control and the media entertainment and phone system is very good, rides well, maybe a bit soft but generally a very smooth quiet drive. Handles well for a big vehicle..only negatives is the rear camera is offset so image takes some getting used to, the dab radio sometimes "tunes out" and says "no data" but seems to reset itself after a while...the led headlights are great on low beam but not so great on high beam..a light bar will fix that. As a big family station wagon that can go offroad, this vehicle in my view is excellent and well worth considering.. Have read lots of comments about the rear end lights which seem to be polarising, but they are a great safety feature and not a deal breaker, great looking modern designed vehicle. Mitsubishi have made a great vehicle, low service and maint costs as well..Love driving my car, its a keeper for sure!

Purchased in March 2019.

Noise Level
Comfort

Not the best car for child seats

What I like: the interior is pretty modern and decent for its price range, I love it. Performance is ok, I have no problem with it as I haven't taken it off-road.

What I don't like, to the point where I want to trade it in for another car is the 2nd row seat. The child seat anchors are at the roof, just right above the 3rd row. I thought I could live with it. Not until we actually had to use the 3rd row. It would be very unfortunate for the ones in the 3rd row as it obstructive/distracting. Imagine going for an hour with the car seat straps right in front of your face.

To make things worse, the middle seat belt of the 2nd row is also coming from the roof. Again it obstructs vision, it is a little distracting and in my opinion, very annoying and unpleasant to the eyes.

Now I am back on the market to find better alternatives. I love this car but this is a 7-seater. I bought this because I have a need to carry 7 people at times. Having straps running across the roof is just a result of poor design in this day and age.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

A brilliant all-round car.

Use our 2016 model PS for commuting, long distance, gentle off-road work and now towing a hybrid caravan.
The car has been nothing short of excellent in just about every facet of its designed purpose, and can mix it with the best. With the gearbox choices and differential locks, it is unstoppable in off-road situations. Towing a 2.4 tonne van is fine around town in automatic mode, but paddle shifting at highway speeds allows the engine to manually shifted allowing better use of ratios to provide a better spinning engine and revs to avoid high levels of auto shifting. Throttle lag was eliminated following the installation of I-Drive unit, which made a significant throttle improvement to an already fine car.
Worse point is the location of the USB ports inside the central armrest, and the dreadful edges on the centre console which can dig into the side of the Driver's left leg. These minor issues have been addressed on the current model.
Can thoroughly recommend a test drive which will certainly surprise. Love this car!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Brilliant 4WD

Purchased as novated lease car and very happy. Travelled 30,000 kms over 12 months and not had any mechanical issues. I recently installed an IDrive which has reduced the effect of turbo lag common to these types of vehicles; made it a different car to drive. It’s reasonably economical for the size of the vehicle giving around 550kms to a tank city and close to 900 kms country driving. Its much better value than the Ford Ranger and Toyota equivalent and tracking the resale through Carsales it’s holding up in the secondhand hand market. If you are not a brand snob and have a brain in your head you will choose then Pajero Sport it’s roomy inside comfortable to drive and has great safety features for the $. I highly recommend.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Drive4WD

Excellent roomy comfortable family car

The Pajero sport is brilliant for us. It’s a great family car, used for running around town and travelling. We don’t go off road but can honestly say, it is beautiful to drive on the road. The pick up is lacking compared to the previous unleaded vehicles I’ve had, but it doesn’t sound like a truck like other diesels I’ve test driven. The fuel economy is fantastic at approx 8.9L/100km for a mix of town and highway driving. We bought this car in August 2018, and only had one service so far, but Mitsubishi have been fantastic to deal with.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Had it only 4000klms and traded in found gearbox problem and did not perform as supposed to, motor t

Was not impressed at all with highway performance and really only bought it to please the wife. Had problems with transmission took it back to dealers told them the problem but as usual don’t listen. Found stability on highway driving not able to relax. Transmission jolting at100 to 110 Kim’s per hour.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Just love the Pajero Sport

Purchased a Pajero Sport in Oct 2016 and we are so pleased with this car. I love the turbo diesel it is so fuel efficient for a car this size, it averages between 8-9 l per 100 around town which for me is excellent for a car this size. It's such a delight to drive I love the eight speed auto it its so well paired with the diesel. Excellent value for money.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Best car ever!!

Big deal from Mitsubishi Motors! I’m using the 2017 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport few months ago, and I’m impressed so far. Spacious 7 seater model, beautiful interior. Very economic on fuel, especially on highway. Around 8L/100km City: ~10.5L
Sound system is good , 4X4 abilities are impressing.
This vehicle is the best for the price you can get, recommended to everyone!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Loving our Pajero Sport

Whole family is pretty wrapped in our new Pajero Sport! It's classy good looks around town combined with us enjoying taking it along the beach for the day and along bush tracks camping means we can enjoy the cooler months of the year in North QLD more than ever. Kids love being able to control air-conditioning in all 5 rear seats. Legroom has been fine for our family of 5 with teenagers. May get a bit squishy with all of us in car as they grow.

Great for towing the boat too although I did have to buy an extendable tow bar so I could open the back hatch of the car with the boat attached. 7 seater comes in very handy with three kids' friends always tagging a long on outings. When just camping with one son I was able to put all seats down and use all of the back of the car for tent, tables, stove and esky etc.,

I love the acceleration ability when driving too. There is no lag in power and speed which I thought a 4 cylinder diesel might have. I wanted to get second battery put in the vehicle to run fridge / freezer for camping but unfortunately auto electrician advised that there is no room under bonnet for second battery.

My only other criticism of the vehicle is that driving around town I thought the fuel consumption might be better. Everytime I fill up for around town driving, the dash tells me I will get 560 km for a tank whereas I was expecting a good 100 km more. Also the fuel gauge says that I have 60 km left but always I drive another 10 km and it tells me I have to fill up immediately. a bit misleading and annoying. Many pros of the car however outweigh the few negatives.

I think the 15000 km / 12 month servicing and the 5 year warranty is a big attraction too. I am really enjoying this vehicle and I'll be keeping this vehicle for quite a few years I think !

Camoe

January 5th 2018 Update: Questioning mechical robustness of my Pajero Sport

Last month I got my 12 month / 15000 km scheduled service on my Pajero Sport. I was dismayed to be told that I had damaged the front under-body protection plate under the radiator to such a degree that it had pierced the radiator. I subsequently had to replace the radiator and the under-body plates for in excess of $1500. Only my wife and I had ever driven this vehicle. It has only ever been driven along bitumen roads and once along a sandy beach; we had never driven it off road 4X4. Neither of us has even hit anything to instill such damage under the vehicle so we are at total loss as to how this damage to the vehicle occurred.

Given this damage to the vehicle I can only speculate how fragile my new Pajero Sport really is and how it would handle some read 4WDing. Not well I would think! So much for all the TV advertisements exposing the off road escapism and adventurous capabilities of the Pajero Sport! Don't get me wrong - I love driving my Pajero Sport on road, but if I can do this sort of damage to it not 4WDing what is my vehicle really capable of doing offroad? I and my wallet are fearful of my ever taking it 4WDing to find out. I seriously doubt whether all the off road advertisements for Pajero Sports are showing "standard" Pajero Sports!

Though my local Mitsubishi dealership in Townsville (Pickerings) were most helpful in providing me with great service and reasonable repair costs compared to others, I can not say that the same high quality of customer service was provided to me from Australian Mitsubishi head office. In telephoning my disappointment about the apparent fragility of my vehicle the nazi Mitsubishi head office receptionist would not let me get past first base to a Mitsubishi manager continually parroting the rhetoric of "all Mitsubishi vehicles are built to Australian standards, you have damaged the vehicle and it is not covered by warranty". Since my completion of an on-line customer survey of my dissatisfaction with Australian Mitsubishi head office some weeks ago, Mitsubishi Australia has not even had the motivation to follow up with me regarding my grievances and concerns about the fragility of my vehicle.

I still loving driving my Pajero Sport on-road but given the poor customer service and fob off I have received from Mitsubishi Australia head office and my demonstrated concerns about the fragility of my 4WD Pajero Sport, I am querying whether I will be rushing to buy another Mitsubishi any time soon.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Happy customer

Purchased a Pajero Sport after doing extensive research. It has lived up to all expectations in regard to comfort, features and, thus far, hassle free. I use this vehicle for a combination of beach work, light four wheel driving and 'around town' work. It is very comfortable and easy to drive as well as having the credentials of a serious "off reader" and all at a price far lower than the benchmark "Cruisers". ( The only real critism is the positioning of the USB plugs in the bench compartment - very difficult to get to.) Overall, very happy. This one is really a "keeper".

Date PurchasedJan 2017