Mitsubishi SRK63ZEA

Mitsubishi SRK63ZEA

AnmafinSydney Surrounds, NSW

Life Expectancy not so good

Although I didn't buy the air conditioner, I did have the use of it for a very short time before it was no longer working.
    I bought my house with the impressive Mitsubishi Heavy Industries A/C already installed. I am guessing it is around 7 years old and has stopped blowing out cold air. I did not waste money on repairing it, but bought another one. Although Mitsubishi still make these air conditioners I was unimpressed with it's short life span and opted for a Panasonic this time. I hope this helps someone in the market for a new air conditioner.

Date PurchasedDec 2010

Works well when it does work

This AC is not vermin proof, it has large hole that give access to the main circuit boards for mice and mainly geckos to enter. Mine has been repaired in the first year and has failed again due to geckos killing the main circuit boards. This time at least 5 geckos have shorted out the main power supply board. Not happy Jan

Date PurchasedJan 2008
    Chris

ChrisSydney

Whisper quiet efficiency

Actually now (upgraded to?) an SRC63ZMA. Works like a charm. Has an adjustable setting for every situation. Outside unit sooo quiet, it is hard to tell if it is even operating. Inverter technology is amazing. Have noticed larger units from Mitsubishi 'Heavy' in industrial type applications but not those from Mitsubishi 'Electric', so presumably former are more robust.
    Whisper quiet operation. Infinitely adjustable settings. Courteously helpful HO staff.

Split System Air Conditioners

Find out how Mitsubishi SRK63ZEA compares to other Split System Air Conditioners

reviewer2790

reviewer2790

MALLACOOTA

MALLACOOTA

Best thing since sliced bread. I have had a fujitsu inverter before in another house cost twice as much it worked well but so damn loud like a 747 coming in to land.
    Everything, performance, so quiet, so efficient I have a wood fire a radiant with a glass door. To run this in winter costs $700.00 I have 1 KWatt solar panels and evac tube solar water heater, using just this aircon to heat the house my TOTAL power bill was $50.00 and that is using it more than the wood fire which I only used at night late afternoon.
    Absolutly nothing

Victor Tasked

My mitsubishi air conditioner SRK63ZEA-S1 is 10 years old, used infrequently, appears in good condition. Now not blowing hot air. Tradesmen said we need to spend over 1000 to repair (compressor, circuit board etc). He suggested buying a new one. This is disappointing as I expect the equipment is last much longer. Is this normal? Or should I get another tradesman to look at it?

Anmafin

Yes. It’s probably true Victor. Nothing is built to last very long these days. I would not spend $1000 repairing an old air conditioner. I bought a new Panasonic Inverter A/C and it works like a dream.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners
    Mitsubishi Heavy Ind.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Hi Victor,

Really sorry to hear of the issues you have with your unit.

While we manufacture our units to last as long as possible, and heard of our units lasting between 15-20 years, 10 years would be considered an average lifespan of a split system air conditioner in Australia. This is not just for MHI units, but all brands.

The replacement model for the SRK63ZEA is the 6.3KW Bronte (SRK63ZRA-W) which you can learn more about on the page below.

The unit is eligible for a $150 cashback if purchased between 1st October and 31st December as per our current cashback promotion.

I hope this helps but if you need anything else - don't hesitate to let us know.

Victor T

Thanks for your prompt reply which is impressive for a manufacturer. Is it worth having a MHI technician to inspect the AC again before junking it. 10 years service life with no hope to repair s not satisfactory given all my other equipments are over 20 years and still going strong including my central AC, hot water boiler, fridge, dish and clothes cleaners, cars, TV etc. Other than the costs, it is environmentally irresponsible and I have no confidence in Matshibishi Heavy Industry products.

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners representatives

CategorySplit System Air Conditioners