Modibodi

See the Best Underwear in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sensual high waist bikini heavy leak after 5 months

I had purchased the sensual high waist bikini heavy absorbency underwear in April order number. These have now stopped working and leak at the seams. I have followed all wash instructions but they have still broken down. I am very disappointed with the quality of these underwear as they did not last long at all. The seam free bikini quality is much better and had no problems just be aware of the overnight ones.

Life-changing

Context: I currently have an Implanon birth control implant, or “the rod”. It’s one of the only birth control options available to me, but the unpredictable/lengthy periods are frustrating. One time I had nonstop spotting for FOUR MONTHS. I don’t like tampons or menstrual cups when the bleeding is only light, but wearing pads and liners constantly for months on end feels gross and definitely not sexy.

Anyway, modibodi undies are AMAZING. Even on a very heavy bleeding day, you can easily forgot you’re even on your period. They don’t feel damp and gross. They are amazingly absorbent. I’ve bought a tonne of them in different absorbencies and I think I’m just going to wear them all the time, they’re comfy to wear even if you’re not bleeding so it’s the perfect way to deal with unpredictable on and off spotting/bleeding. Highly recommended!!

Product Appearance As advertised

Customer service is a joke

Undies poor quality, leaked after 4 hours and I am definitely not a heavy bleeder. But they do fit great and are comfortable. For undies themselves I would give 3 stars. BUT customer service is absolutely APPALLING. I had lots of faith in the product based on the reviews so went ahead and purchased 7 pack bundle. I was concious that 30 day money back guarantee only applied to one pair so I tested it out leaving the rest 6 packs untouched in case I wanted to return. After being a bit disappointed with the product I decided I wanted to return the whole lot. Contacted them, they’ve been VERY slow to reply and finally after numerous canned responses that made no sense they told me I will not be able to return the bundle pack for a refund because apparently you cannot. Nowhere on the product page does it say that!!!!! Besides, why would the bundle pack not be refundable like the rest of the undies? It makes absolutely no sense. Because they are heavily discounted? So what, you get your product back, I get my money back. Everyone’s happy. Anyways, I will never deal with this company again, they do not care about their customers and they just want to push their product. Extremely disappointing.

Great concept, but the quality needs improvement.

Both the seamfree (heavy absorbency) undies started to sag (around the legs and butt) after a short while, which made them feel uncomfortable and bulky. The seams along the top have also started to fray. Also, all of the undies I’ve purchased (2x seamfree and 2x cotton) have started to get holes in the gusset after roughly 10 months of use (so... only 10 wears) and they’ve also started to smell too (even though they’re washed thoroughly). Having said that, I would purchase again as the protection and peace of mind they provide is excellent... although if there was another Aussie brand that offered a similar product of better quality, I’d definitely switch. Needs improvement.

Product Appearance As advertised
Hi Roxy, if you could contact our team at info@modibodi.com we would be more than happy to look into this further for you. The issue you have experienced with the Seamfree underpants shouldn't be happening if they are the right size and fit.

Swimwear Review

This is just for those interested in purchasing the swimwear. On their website it says they are leakproof. But in an email I received the company they say they are not leakproof but are only as a backup to a "menstrual cup"?? So before you spend maybe consider this and perhaps the company could rephrase their words on the website. As I bought them on the basis of the claim to being leakproof. This is only for the swimwear I have not purchased any other products.

Product Appearance Not as advertised
Hi Sarah-Jane, thanks for your review. Our Swimwear is leakproof and designed to be worn solo on light to moderate flow days as it's clearly stated on our website. Some customers use our swimwear as a back up for days they have a heavier flow and need extra protection. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our team on info@modibodi.com

Only one problem

My first Modibodi order was a black mixed absorption 7 piece set, they arrived the following week, fit perfectly, looked good and were easy to clean. My second purchase was a Vegan 7 piece and again they arrived quickly, fit perfectly, looked good and are easy to clean. My second order came in brown paper packages rather than the previous plastic packets. The only problem is that my first set started to smell and bugs began eating them, this did not happened to my vegan set thankfully

Product Appearance As advertised
Hi Felicity! Thanks so much for your honest review and we're glad that you have been mostly happy with the product until the smell issue you've experienced. We recommend thoroughly rinsing the gusset of your underwear immediately after use to remove all flow held, this helps prevent smells and residue from building up. x

Product needs further development

I thought about buying these undies for a good 18 months and heard good things about them before throwing about $90 out to order 3 pairs . I bought a cotton version , which have been fine , but with really light absorbency capacity. I also bought some 'seam-free' polyamide/elastine blend undies and after one round of having a period, they are such a drag I want to throw them out, they are sagging and so are chaffing , even after a walk down the street : (

I feel like the whole period underwear thing is a bit of a joke . The other issue with them, is that the fabric on the absorbency pad is black , so how the heck can you tell if you ever clean them properly or not ? They also take a while to dry, especially the heavy absorbency one , so you need to really buy the 7 pairs they recommend , which is mega expensive , if you are going to avoid washing and wearing damp underwear throughout your cycle .

What I don't understand , is why the absorbency pad wasn't released as an actual pad , so then you can just clip them onto your favourite , strong , sag-proof undies .

Sizing Very large
Product Appearance As advertised
Hi Vafina, thanks for your honest review. If you'd like to reach out to our team at info@modibodi.com we can investigate the issue with your Seamfree underwear as this shouldn't be happening if they are the right size and fit. We recommend rinsing your underwear immediately after use until the water runs clear and this is a good way to ensure they are thoroughly clean after you wash them. In terms of drying, our underwear is ok to spin dry in the washing machine and we recommend hanging them inside out to dry quicker on the line. We hope you get in touch so we can sort through the sag issue for you x

Terrible customer service

I purchased a maternity singlet but was between sizes so sized up and when it arrived it was too big. I had to email and facebook messenger twice and it took nearly a week before I got any response regarding exchanging the singlet. I was told no as it was on "sale". That sale was a first time customer 10% off code, ridiculous! it was a $70 singlet. I offered to pay the 10% difference to allow me to exchange it for the smaller size but they just haven't bothered to response to my messages!

Hi, We are sorry to hear this. We would appreciate if you could please email us at delivery@modibodi.com as we would like to discuss this further with you. Many Thanks, The Modibodi Team

Great concept, but deteriorates and its performance is just OK

I bought 8 pairs of ModiBodi underwear and one maternity singlet when I was pregnant. I live green and clean as often as possible, so I love the concept of eliminating the need for pantyliners and pads. However, the top layer of the core started deteriorating within a month. I sewed them up and they split again. They still work okay with holes (the other layers of absorption are in tact) but $29 a pop is expensive for undies that deteriorate and perform at an average level. (The maternity singlet however, is excellent, and was my summer staple). I am open to trying them again if the quality has improved, especially because it’s an Aussie business, but for now I am looking at international brands.

Pros

Easy to navigate website and good range

Super Comfortable

Easy to clean in the wash

Eliminates need for pantyliners and pads, thus reducing landfill contribution.

Good for pregnancy support

Marketing features real women of all different shapes and sizes!

Australian business that gives back to charities that empower girls and women.

Cons

Quality. Deterioration after a month of regular use. I ordered one pair with a lace edge: it arrived with frayed lace. ModiBodi replaced it but the new pair frayed as well.

Performance. While they were good during pregnancy, I am needing them more during this post natal period for discharge. By lunchtime, they feel wet and they smell by the end of the day. I am wary of how effective they would be during my periods on heavy days.

Limited range of colours.

Take a little longer to dry than regular undies

Great for postnatal sport

I won a couple of pairs a couple of years ago and while they were comfortable they fell apart quickly. This year I decided to give them another chance for light bladder leakages during sport. After 6 months they’re still like new, the quality has improved dramatically! They don’t ride up or fall down and I never need to adjust them during strenuous sport.

Good product

Their website seemed to be low on stock, but I managed to order a pair in a nice colour. However, after nothing arrived after a few weeks, I queried if they were coming. An eventual response stated they were out of stock and I could contact them and get a different pair, or do nothing and they would refund me. I did nothing, so was surprised when the underwear I ordered turned up a week or so later. Do like the product and they’ve been good so far (worn 3 or 4 times), but hesitant to order more due to conflicting messages. Hope supply and communication issues are sorted out soon.

Product Appearance As advertised
Got over my hesitation and just ordered 3 more pairs. They might be having customer service issues, but their product is great. Would be 5 stars if there weren't any ordering confusion. Will see how this next lot goes.

Best comfy undies ever

Great value for money. Easy cleaning. Saves on landfill. Great colours and they are so comfy to wear all day and no leaks at night even on my heaviest day.

Product Appearance As advertised

Ladies, get your hands on this ASAP!!

This whole experience is beyond expectations. The site is very easy to use, the information is thorough and relevant, payment options are a breeze, and the products?? Amazing!

My daughter’s yoga teacher put us on to it and frankly, it made her ‘beginner’s’ experience with womanhood so much easier for us both. She has NEVER had a leak.

The fabric is high quality and has a lovely feel. The packs are good value as well, particularly great that it covers from heaviest days to light days; and also offers seamless options. The swimsuit is incredible- so many of her friends’ mums have bought them, based on our experience.

Another friend absolutely rates the products for fitness needs, (with the joy of post-baby bladder) and also the maternity products.

We also love the focus on empowering women, and the environmental care aspect.

Further to all of that, the staff are kind, helpful and prompt with responses.

This is quite simply a must-have!!

Product Appearance As advertised

Brilliant alternative to traditional period protection options!

So much more comfortable than pads, and I barely notice the thicker gusset. I'm not even concerned about overnight leakage now. My daughters wear them everyday, as they find them more comfortable than their previous undies. We have used several different styles, and the only "issue" we have had is that the seamfree bikini pilled badly from the first wash - but it was only on the outside, the functionality was still fine! Great option for people with disabilities, who might not be able to manage traditional period protection options.

Product Appearance As advertised

Beware - if used regularly (ie. daily) then may hole quickly like mine

I bought 14 pairs of these undies to use for periods and also as I have bladder leakage. At first I found them great but as time went on they started to develop holes in the main body of the undies. I bought 14 pairs (so quite an investment!) and have only had them from August 2018 and November 2018 (not even a year). Expected them to last more like normal undies.
Also customer service is so slow I am worried that the high volume of customer inquiries they are having may be due to experiences such as mine.
Opinion - good for short term but don't last long enough. I am asking for my money back.

Product Appearance Not as advertised

Faulty products and zero customer service

I didn't want to do this, I would have preferred to discuss this issue privately with the company but since I have emailed twice in the last fortnight (trying to keep emailing to a minimum as instructed by them, they give a 5 business day minimum response time and they do not encourage sending multiple emails as it may slow their response time) and they have no phone number I have no choice but to try to raise their attention publicly.

I purchased 4 pairs of the overnight full briefs in March. Since I cannot use tampons or cups (or anything internally) I'm stuck with large pads that move and leak and I use a lot of them and I was keen to see if Modibodi made a difference. Firstly, for supposed overnight coverage I rate them low. Yes, I have a heavy flow but I don't expect leakage from overnight pads in the first 3 hours, which is what happened to me in the second month, meaning I had to make a mad dash from work to the supermarket to purchase fresh underwear and additional protection. The pad part extends right up the back but not very far up the front. For people who do a lot of seated work it means frontal coverage is minimal. At least with a pad I can tailor the coverage. The fabric they are produced from fits my body firmly first thing in the morning, however after contact with body heat, they become loose and sag around the gusset area - again not ideal.

My biggest problem is the fact that they're falling apart. I don't have monthly periods at the moment due to contraceptives so by June, I had only worn each pair maybe 4 times each. I've washed in cold and dried per instructions (they also take ages to dry in winter). In two pairs the seams have come apart in the gusset, rendering them useless, and in one pair the microfibre cover of the pad part has developed holes. After spending $120+ on underwear I expected better. I was hoping to speak with the company and have this rectified by way of a refund (let's face it, I don't really want to go through this again in 3 more months), and sadly I'll be considering another brand. Such a shame.

Edit: a mere 10 hours after publishing this review I was emailed with a promise of a refund within 5 days. It IS the outcome I was seeking but I wish I had have been able to resolve this privately.

Product Appearance As advertised

Smelly product and bad customer service

I too had an issue with them becoming terribly smelly. I emailed to ask if I had missed out on some sort of special care instructions. The response I received stated that NOBODY had ever reported such an issue before. Clearly from looking on here that was a lie.

Sizing Slightly large
Product Appearance As advertised
Hi Jen, We are sorry to hear this. We would appreciate if you could please email us at media@modibodi.com as we would like to discuss this further with you. To remove smell your underwear has, please dilute some white vinegar in a thin layer of water 1:3 (just enough to cover your underwear) and soak your underwear for 20 minutes. You can then place them in the wash and add some more vinegar to the wash load 1:5. This should combat any current odour present in your undies. You can also use eucalyptus in your wash load to further combat this.I have forwarded the emails to you. As you will see they clearly state in response to my email "We have never had any reports of this occurring before, especially if the care guidelines were followed." The care guidelines were followedDear Jen, Thank you for taking the time to email us the correspondence. We have reviewed the email and found that the correspondence was from 2.5 years ago. Since this time we have redeveloped and improved aspects of our brand including product development and customer service.

excellent!!

These are really great. So helpful as a back-up on heavy days and also use them on their own.
I experienced no issues with sizing or problems with delivery and can highly recommend.

Product Appearance As advertised
Thank you Allie for the feedback.

The ultimate tool to be lazy on your period

On days where using a cup is too much effort, for the days you just want to laze around and be comfortable while putting in zero effort and for the days when you just want to put on clothes and get going. These are perfect. Just slip them on a bam, period sorted for the day.

The website was easy to navigate and my shipment arrived within days! After using these for a couple of months I've now ordered my second shipment.

Sizing is accurate, I usually go a size up for thongs and did with these and that worked for me.

Things they can improve:
1. Mixed bundles, rather than 5 of the same style let us grab a thong, bikini, seam free and a night-proof in one bundle. I would buy that ASAP.
2. Light/moderate seam-free option, seriously. Please, that would be great.
3. More low cut options, I find that even the classic bikini is quite high cut.

Life changer

Oh the security!! Why dudn't someone think of this sooner. I was skeptical but I love them. I only need tampons on day 1&2 now... Life is so much better!!

Thank you Modi body!