My Genie ZX1000

See the Best Robot Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Boo

Boo

Worked ok until it stopped, that's when the trouble began

Normally if a product stops working within warranty, you send it back for inspection/repair/replacement. Not the case here. The machine does not turn on at all and if I directly plug into the charger it says FULL, but will not go. I contacted the manufacturer bdirect.com.au (email is the only way to contact them). I was told to take a video with my smartphone (presumptious as I do not have one) and send it to them for verification. We are stuck in a never ending loop of I don't have a video recorder/you must send a video. What fun.
This is a cautionary tale for those buying through third party suppliers (Catch in this case). You actually don't know who the manufacturers/1st line distributors are to check on their reliability.

Andrea delgado

Andrea delgadoIllawarra, NSW

Waste of money!

Never works properly ! Everytime i want to turn it on! Fails ... it works whenever it wants ! Never charges ! Awful product! I would never ever recommended ! It didnt even last for a month.

Purchased in October 2019 for $290.00.

Product is used: Weekly
System Errors Every time

Waste of money and time.

Hardwood, carpet and occasionally tiles. It performs mediocre on wood and tiles but terrible on carpet. Gets stuck on everything. Doesn't suck up stuff very well. Just goes around and around till it gets stuck again. The virtual wall it comes with is useless as well.

Purchased in May 2018 at Harris Scarfe for $200.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Charlene S.

Charlene S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst item I have ever purchased

Purchased in September 2019.

Product is used: Rarely
Floor Type Tiles

mouse

mouseHunter Region, NSW

Mygenie zx22000

My vac doesn't go across the room it goes about 30cm and turns left or right.. and does 3 laps of the room when I push the home button on the control

Purchased in September 2019.

Floor Type Carpet

And

AndGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Complete and utter garbage

The vacuum can't navigate at all. It keeps getting stuck against bare walls that contain no obstacles, and when trapped, can't work out how to reverse its position at all.

Purchased in September 2019 for $230.00.

Dee

DeeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Rubbish

I have used it twice and will not start at all just dead bought from Groupon 3 weeks ago cannot find my receipt from the company
Do not buy it was also missing a battery that is very hard to buy

Purchased at Groupon for $198.00.

System Errors Every time

terrible item, do not buy

This vacuum worked well for 10 months, and then just ceased working. The program function stopped working, and then the device would only vacuum for about 5 mins, when it was originally vacuuming for approx 20mins. The manufacturer has terrible customer service, and refuses to fulfill the terms of the 12 month manufacturers warranty saying the device is defective due to misuse, it has only ever been used according to the instructions. Do not buy this item or deal with this manufacturer. Terrible.

Katie

KatieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Less than impressed

I was so excited to find a reasonable priced robot vacuum and bought my genie. Unfortunately that excitement was short lived as this vacuum constantly gets stuck on regular furniture and fails to clean the entire floor area. I found myself constantly having to find it and release it from whatever it seemed to caught on this time very frustrating.

Camila

CamilaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can’t buy battery replacement

It does the job. Good to clean dog hair around the house. But can’t buy battery replacement. I tried to find battery everywhere. I guess they expect you to buy a new one?????

Purchased in January 2018 at Kogan for $199.00.

System Errors Often

tdo100

tdo100North Queensland, QLD

Would not buy again

i purchased this unit and used it about 6 times and the battery went flat. Cannot seem to find another battery for it, but think I should have got more than 6 uses

Purchased in April 2018 at online for $250.00.

Product is used: Rarely

No warranty realistically

Purchased in June 2017.

Floor Type Linoleum
System Errors Often

Kylie

KylieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent little helper

Love having my little helper dance around the floor picking up all the little bits of dust and pet hair which annoy me. This vacuum is great for large flat tiled areas and for spot cleaning carpets. Sometimes she gets a little lost and goes is circles but she soon finds her way. It amazes me how much for hair and dust is on the floor which we cannot see. Easy to turn on with the remote and off she goes. Would love a better model which maps the house but one day I'm sure. Mop works ok, not the best but she does do an ok job of the sections she follows. Would be better with a self mapping system for sure. Cannot be picky, she is reasonably cheap and saves me so much time.

Purchased in January 2019 for $179.00.

System Errors Occasionally

Mal

MalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not recommended as a vacuum cleaner replacement.

Use it on both carpet & Linoleum. Has a small collection bin so needs clearing often. Has minimal suction so doesn't pick up much more than pet hair which is what I purchased it for. Works OK for that & I run it every day due to my furry friend. Using it every day means I don't have to get the real vacuum cleaner out very often and carpets look clean all the time. Very clever how it navigates but it loves to chew up shoe laces, or loose appliance cords etc. You need to wall off areas with a cushion or similar, where it will jam itself. In my case its usually door stops on skirting boards.

Purchased in January 2019 at My Deal for $199.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
TIm

TImGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

not recommended

used for less than 2 weeks and it's stopped working, brushes keep giving an error even no obstruction.
took 2 months to communicate with Kogan support team, they agreed for replacement but after more than 2 week I still haven't received their reply.

Purchased in November 2018 at Kogan.com for $188.00.

Floor Type Tiles
Smashy

SmashyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Works as expected

Had the device for approx 1 week. It is being used on floorboards and works fine. It is a cheap option compared to a heap of other models. I currently let it run daily, it picks up pet hair and I have to empty the bin every 3 days. I haven't and most likely wont be using the mop function.

Purchased in February 2019 at Catch for $178.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

J Crebert

J CrebertSydney NSW

My Genie ZX1000

Had to send the first two back after only a short time malfunctioned. This one is doing well still haven't tried the mop circle yet but the vaccum is performing as it should - finally. Doesn't work on high pile carpet but fine on low pile. Great on tile and laminated floor.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Brett G

Brett GPerth, WA

IT'S OK - but it's NOT a Roomba

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Sheik

SheikMaroubra

Good for current price

It is not as strong , not as cleaver and I did not expect tht anyway . Robot vacuum has a long way to go .but it does the job . i have a kid who alway on the floor and robot vacuum constantly clean as much as it can . Also can mop not bad . I would cry if I have paid original price of $1100.i paid under $200 so it is worth it . It’s good if you trun it on when you leave the house and it will constantly clean until bettery runs out . Can not find home base charge station if it is further than 7 meters

Date PurchasedNov 2018

JacJame

JacJameAdelaide

Annoying

The My Genie ZX1000 is great for getting under hard to reach places like beds and desks. I however found that it would go over the same spot many times in a row and I would have to use the remote control to change the direction constantly. This actually makes it more time consuming than using a regular vacuum.

Date PurchasedJan 2016