My Genie ZX1000

Had to send the first two back after only a short time malfunctioned. This one is doing well still haven't tried the mop circle yet but the vaccum is performing as it should - finally. Doesn't work on high pile carpet but fine on low pile. Great on tile and laminated floor.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

IT'S OK - but it's NOT a Roomba

We have both floorboards and carpet (small amount). It goes from both OK. Occasionally gets stuck under things - but where it has been getting stuck constantly - I normally put a barrier there so it doesn't go there any more. (Out of sight places so can't see the obstructions).
My biggest problem has been the side brushes - they have all ended up as a tight little ball (tangled up) - and I need to replace them. Have just found an Ebay seller who sells them 3 sets for $30 (free postage). In the instructions (basic) - they mention about left and right brushes - for the life of me - can't seen anywhere on the brushes that tells you which one is which....any one have any ideas - love to hear from you.
We also have a ROOMBA - she is an older model - but much more effective. Just remember you get what you pay for - for what we paid - we are happy with the ZX1000 (haven't used the mop function - don't think we will).

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Good for current price

It is not as strong , not as cleaver and I did not expect tht anyway . Robot vacuum has a long way to go .but it does the job . i have a kid who alway on the floor and robot vacuum constantly clean as much as it can . Also can mop not bad . I would cry if I have paid original price of $1100.i paid under $200 so it is worth it . It’s good if you trun it on when you leave the house and it will constantly clean until bettery runs out . Can not find home base charge station if it is further than 7 meters

Annoying

The My Genie ZX1000 is great for getting under hard to reach places like beds and desks. I however found that it would go over the same spot many times in a row and I would have to use the remote control to change the direction constantly. This actually makes it more time consuming than using a regular vacuum.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Faulty Battery and charger!

Bought this at Kogan on 6 June 2018. It broke down 3 weeks ago, only used for 5 months. The charger and the battery are faulty. Tried to contact Kogan for customer service for 3 weeks already but no reply. Tried to contact the manufacturer as well, but no phone number, no address, only email. As usual, no reply via email. Poor performance of the machine, and poor after-sale service and support too.

So far excellent

I use robot twice/three times a day I have a disability and this machine is a godsend. I am 61 yrs old have problems with my back neck and legs. I have a barrel vacuum but found cords are a problem. I would go so far as to say every person who has age on them or a disability do not hesitate to buy one. It gets stuck on occasion but better than cords every where and pain. Thank you for whoever had the brain to invent such a marvellous machine.
Grandkids love it to use cleaning my unit. LOL

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Poor copy of a Roomba.

Bought this to have downstairs as I have a Roomba upstairs. AI failure. Gets stuck all the time. Missed debris often, just doesn’t appear to have sufficient suction even when it runs over it several times. Seems to completely miss areas while covering other areas many times. Support from supplier abysmal. Stick with the real thing not this toy.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

I love it!!!

I love this machine!!.. I have run it twice today after it took itself back to charging station & recharged. Of course it is going to get stuck sometimes under some furniture but I have only had to redirect it twice. It goes from hard floor to over my mats. The amount of dog hair etc it has picked up is amazing. So far I cannot fault it...

Disappointed

Normal carpet and just bought today. Got stuck under my bed in an impossible place against the wall. Then in several places, just seems to go back and forward. No batteries supplied so bought some but control dead. Will get some more and see if it is the batteries. Mine doesn't go very far before it gets stuck. Not at all what I expected.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

I keep tripping over the silly thing

I don't know why they made this black as when it stops mid floor it's a tripping HAZZARD and the light is so dim it doesn't really help! The robot vacuum dose pick stuff up but not every thing and it's charge time is very silly long and it missed areas.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Good value for money.

After I bought it, this kind of simple cleaning work relied on it, the cleaning was clean and the cleaning efficiency was very good. Product durability, stability, and good performance in later maintenance. Can go back to charging normally. There is a remote control that allows it to help in times of difficulty.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

very good!

It seems OK but it's sometimes not able to make it's way back to the base to recharge. Often we are finding it powered off in weird places. Shaggy rugs are a problem as the brushes get tangled up. Batteries are not supplied. The virtual wall device takes DD batteries. It would be a lot easier if it took AA's so I can use a set of rechargeables already owned.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

This is great.

Great value for money. Easy to set up and use. Haven't had it for long and haven't tested ALL the features yet. However, have no complaints so far. Has done everything I have asked of it as per the promised blurb. So far, so good.Recommend everyone to buy at ease!

Did the Job

Used on carpets and laminate flooring this product did a surprisingly good job at first. Over time the battery doesn't last like it did at the beginning unfortunately. The vacuum sometimes struggled to get to the home dock as well. Overall not a bad vacuum, did not try the mopping attachment.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Died and the worst customer service ever

Used it 3 times then left it for 6 months as we moved house. It died and all we got was a canned response that the problem was wear and tear. Were unable to buy a new battery to get it going again. Most expensive 3 vacuums ever!! Would not buy again.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Love My Genie

I use "My Genie" robotic vacuum to vacuum and mop timber and tiled floors and absolutely love it. I also love the spot clean function on it to clean up those occasional spills. I would not hesitate to highly recommend it to anyone interested in a value for money robotic vacuum!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Much better than the first robo vacs that came out years ago

The my Genie ZX is so much better than the first generation robo vacs that came out many years ago that were really rubbish. My Genie picks up a lot in the slot holder in just one run. Still dose not run very long on a charge but it's a start. Cleans both carpet and Lino but better job it dose on our carpet

Date PurchasedApr 2016

After Sales Support is Terrible!

The unit itself is OK. We have a wide expanse of wooden flooring and It vacuums this quite well but can get caught in some locations from time to time. In these situations, it seems to stay in one place and spin its wheels which can cause a wear mark on the floor. I have learnt to only use it when I am home as I wouldn't trust it to work unsupervised.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Surprisingly a great vacuum

We use the vacuum on carpet, tiles and floating floorboards. Works really well on carpet but not so well on more solid surfaces as it flicks the crumbs/dust rather than sucking them up. I’m always surprised when emptying the vacuum how much dust it has sucked up! The downside is that it doesn’t really have a proper route of where to go and often repeats the same area over and over again rather than moving elsewhere so I often find myself guiding it with the remote. It’s a good vacuum for in between more thorough cleans with a proper vacuum.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Hopeless

Hopeless, doesn’t mop well, gets stuck everywhere and doesn’t go back to dock to charge. Help desk is hard to communicate with and very unhelpful. Very unhappy with this product. Instruction manual is hard to follow and not much information. Good just to do middle of floor like kitchen. Don’t buy