My Genie ZX1000

My Genie ZX1000

Robot Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of robot vacuum cleaner would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Product is used
    • Several times a week (10)
    • Rarely (3)
    • Weekly (2)
    • Daily (2)
  • Pet OwnerYes (5) · No (11)
  • System Errors Every time (9) · Never (4) · Often (3) · Occasionally (2)
  • Ease of Programming / Scheduling
  • Battery Life
Brajesh K.

Brajesh K.Sydney, NSW

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Purchased in September 2019 at eBay for $165.00.

Floor Type Tiles
System Errors Often

I love it, the girlfriend not so much

Love it. Called it Robo. Set it off every two days and it was a great job for our little house. Occasionally have to pull it out from under the sofa as it gets stuck but fun to watch and come back with a full bin. I've had it 2 months and if buy it again. I can't wait to see this technology progress. Love it although the girlfriend complains it doesn't reach the corners. I just brush out the corner every other week. Problem solved.I use it on carpet and kitchen lino. Not so good on heavily soiled carpet but good for everyday crumbs and hair. Great for bungalows or large clear stairless houses.

Purchased in February 2020 at Catch for $200.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Raja

RajaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A Good Product!

I have purchased this vacuum last January and I haven't got any error or trouble using it. Must say I am pretty please with this device as it does a great job cleaning my room floor. Just what I have expected and glad that I gave it a shot.

Jamelia JaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not good

I brought mine through Groupon worked fine for about 9 months then I forgot about it. Wouldn’t charge .so I left it then I’ve only just realised it had a warranty and of course I was 2 days late .wont be buying again.

Purchased in February 2019 for $179.00.

System Errors Occasionally
Graham P.

Graham P.South East Queensland, QLD

Honestly just a flimsy useless bit of plastic rubbish

It's never worked properly from the start. Never followed the buttons I've pressed on the remote, just done it's own thing going around in circles and backwards getting nowhere. Has very little suck. Just glides right over dust.

After a week it's had this error message and refuses to charge.

And of course Kogan are impossible to deal with so I've never had a replacement, had it fixed or my money back. Huge waste of money.

Purchased in September 2018 at Kogan.com for $199.00.

Floor Type Linoleum and Wood

My Genie robot vacuum

Do not buy this item and do not ever buy from catch of the day. They do not provided a refund/warranty for items that clearly do not work. Disgusting service.

Purchased in December 2019 at Catch.

Boo

Boo

Worked ok until it stopped, that's when the trouble began

Normally if a product stops working within warranty, you send it back for inspection/repair/replacement. Not the case here. The machine does not turn on at all and if I directly plug into the charger it says FULL, but will not go. I contacted the manufacturer bdirect.com.au (email is the only way to contact them). I was told to take a video with my smartphone (presumptious as I do not have one) and send it to them for verification. We are stuck in a never ending loop of I don't have a video recorder/you must send a video. What fun.
This is a cautionary tale for those buying through third party suppliers (Catch in this case). You actually don't know who the manufacturers/1st line distributors are to check on their reliability.

Andrea delgado

Andrea delgadoIllawarra, NSW

Waste of money!

Never works properly ! Everytime i want to turn it on! Fails ... it works whenever it wants ! Never charges ! Awful product! I would never ever recommended ! It didnt even last for a month.

Purchased in October 2019 for $290.00.

Product is used Weekly
System Errors Every time

Waste of money and time.

Hardwood, carpet and occasionally tiles. It performs mediocre on wood and tiles but terrible on carpet. Gets stuck on everything. Doesn't suck up stuff very well. Just goes around and around till it gets stuck again. The virtual wall it comes with is useless as well.

Purchased in May 2018 at Harris Scarfe for $200.00.

Product is used Weekly
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Charlene S.

Charlene S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst item I have ever purchased

Purchased in September 2019.

Floor Type Tiles
mouse

mouseHunter Region, NSW

Mygenie zx22000

My vac doesn't go across the room it goes about 30cm and turns left or right.. and does 3 laps of the room when I push the home button on the control

Purchased in September 2019.

Product is used Daily
Floor Type Carpet
And

AndGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Complete and utter garbage

The vacuum can't navigate at all. It keeps getting stuck against bare walls that contain no obstacles, and when trapped, can't work out how to reverse its position at all.

Purchased in September 2019 for $230.00.

Dee

DeeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Rubbish

I have used it twice and will not start at all just dead bought from Groupon 3 weeks ago cannot find my receipt from the company
Do not buy it was also missing a battery that is very hard to buy

Purchased at Groupon for $198.00.

System Errors Every time

terrible item, do not buy

This vacuum worked well for 10 months, and then just ceased working. The program function stopped working, and then the device would only vacuum for about 5 mins, when it was originally vacuuming for approx 20mins. The manufacturer has terrible customer service, and refuses to fulfill the terms of the 12 month manufacturers warranty saying the device is defective due to misuse, it has only ever been used according to the instructions. Do not buy this item or deal with this manufacturer. Terrible.

Katie

KatieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Less than impressed

I was so excited to find a reasonable priced robot vacuum and bought my genie. Unfortunately that excitement was short lived as this vacuum constantly gets stuck on regular furniture and fails to clean the entire floor area. I found myself constantly having to find it and release it from whatever it seemed to caught on this time very frustrating.

Camila

CamilaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can’t buy battery replacement

It does the job. Good to clean dog hair around the house. But can’t buy battery replacement. I tried to find battery everywhere. I guess they expect you to buy a new one?????

Purchased in January 2018 at Kogan for $199.00.

tdo100

tdo100North Queensland, QLD

Would not buy again

i purchased this unit and used it about 6 times and the battery went flat. Cannot seem to find another battery for it, but think I should have got more than 6 uses

Purchased in April 2018 at online for $250.00.

No warranty realistically

Purchased in June 2017.

Floor Type Linoleum
Kylie

KylieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent little helper

Love having my little helper dance around the floor picking up all the little bits of dust and pet hair which annoy me. This vacuum is great for large flat tiled areas and for spot cleaning carpets. Sometimes she gets a little lost and goes is circles but she soon finds her way. It amazes me how much for hair and dust is on the floor which we cannot see. Easy to turn on with the remote and off she goes. Would love a better model which maps the house but one day I'm sure. Mop works ok, not the best but she does do an ok job of the sections she follows. Would be better with a self mapping system for sure. Cannot be picky, she is reasonably cheap and saves me so much time.

Purchased in January 2019 for $179.00.

System Errors Occasionally
Mal

MalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not recommended as a vacuum cleaner replacement.

Use it on both carpet & Linoleum. Has a small collection bin so needs clearing often. Has minimal suction so doesn't pick up much more than pet hair which is what I purchased it for. Works OK for that & I run it every day due to my furry friend. Using it every day means I don't have to get the real vacuum cleaner out very often and carpets look clean all the time. Very clever how it navigates but it loves to chew up shoe laces, or loose appliance cords etc. You need to wall off areas with a cushion or similar, where it will jam itself. In my case its usually door stops on skirting boards.

Purchased in January 2019 at My Deal for $199.00.

Product is used Daily