My Genie ZX1000

My Genie ZX1000

Robot Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of robot vacuum cleaner would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Product is used:
    • Several times a week (7)
    • Daily (4)
    • Rarely (3)
    • Weekly (2)
  • Pet OwnerYes (6) · No (9)
  • System Errors Every time (9) · Never (4) · Often (2) · Occasionally (2)
  • Ease of Programming / Scheduling
  • Battery Life

its really work

I purchased the vacumm last year. The vacumm is really helps my job fast and easy. I can recomend to my friend and family. I hope you try it its nice.

Purchased in December 2019.

Good Quality

I just purchased this item and I want to leave a review about it as a thanks because I don't really expect much but this vacuum actually works for me, it cleans our floor room and I feel like it does work better on our hardfloor than our tiles.

Useful Vacuum

Thanks to this item my floor room is always dust and debris free, though I only use this for my room as my living room is full of rugs and obstacles and its not as fast. Still very effective. Thank you.

Just what I expected

I have purchased this vacuum recently and it just what I expected it to be. It runs well on my wooden floor. Its great cause it doesn't need much attention, smart vacuum it is! Thank you!

Graham P.

Graham P.South East Queensland, QLD

Honestly just a flimsy useless bit of plastic rubbish

It's never worked properly from the start. Never followed the buttons I've pressed on the remote, just done it's own thing going around in circles and backwards getting nowhere. Has very little suck. Just glides right over dust.

After a week it's had this error message and refuses to charge.

And of course Kogan are impossible to deal with so I've never had a replacement, had it fixed or my money back. Huge waste of money.

Purchased in September 2018 at Kogan.com for $199.00.

Floor Type Linoleum and Wood

A reliable vacuum

I have purchased this recently and thought to give it a review as this actually helps me with maintaining my floor. I have a pet and its hair keeps falling and this device is just perfect.

My Genie robot vacuum

Do not buy this item and do not ever buy from catch of the day. They do not provided a refund/warranty for items that clearly do not work. Disgusting service.

Purchased in December 2019 at Catch.

Perfect!

The robot made my life easier. It cleans my room, my living room, and the kitchen even when I am not around.
Very accurate and efficient.
Perfectly made for busy people like me.

Purchased in December 2019 at Groupon for $157.99.

Product is used: Daily
System Errors Never
susan p.

susan p.Perth, WA

Cacuum cleaner for reasonable price

Bought this My Genie from MyDeal for a reasonable $199 price. Read numerous bad reviews but the product works as advertised. It works great on my open lounge area which has marble flooring. On carpet, it works fine as well. Got what I paid for!

Purchased in November 2019 at MyDeal.com.au for $199.00.

Floor Type Tiles
System Errors Occasionally
Boo

Boo

Worked ok until it stopped, that's when the trouble began

Normally if a product stops working within warranty, you send it back for inspection/repair/replacement. Not the case here. The machine does not turn on at all and if I directly plug into the charger it says FULL, but will not go. I contacted the manufacturer bdirect.com.au (email is the only way to contact them). I was told to take a video with my smartphone (presumptious as I do not have one) and send it to them for verification. We are stuck in a never ending loop of I don't have a video recorder/you must send a video. What fun.
This is a cautionary tale for those buying through third party suppliers (Catch in this case). You actually don't know who the manufacturers/1st line distributors are to check on their reliability.

Andrea delgado

Andrea delgadoIllawarra, NSW

Waste of money!

Never works properly ! Everytime i want to turn it on! Fails ... it works whenever it wants ! Never charges ! Awful product! I would never ever recommended ! It didnt even last for a month.

Purchased in October 2019 for $290.00.

Product is used: Weekly
System Errors Every time

Waste of money and time.

Hardwood, carpet and occasionally tiles. It performs mediocre on wood and tiles but terrible on carpet. Gets stuck on everything. Doesn't suck up stuff very well. Just goes around and around till it gets stuck again. The virtual wall it comes with is useless as well.

Purchased in May 2018 at Harris Scarfe for $200.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Charlene S.

Charlene S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst item I have ever purchased

Purchased in September 2019.

Floor Type Tiles

mouse

mouseHunter Region, NSW

Mygenie zx22000

My vac doesn't go across the room it goes about 30cm and turns left or right.. and does 3 laps of the room when I push the home button on the control

Purchased in September 2019.

Product is used: Daily
Floor Type Carpet
System Errors Never
And

AndGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Complete and utter garbage

The vacuum can't navigate at all. It keeps getting stuck against bare walls that contain no obstacles, and when trapped, can't work out how to reverse its position at all.

Purchased in September 2019 for $230.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Dee

DeeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Rubbish

I have used it twice and will not start at all just dead bought from Groupon 3 weeks ago cannot find my receipt from the company
Do not buy it was also missing a battery that is very hard to buy

Purchased at Groupon for $198.00.

System Errors Every time

terrible item, do not buy

This vacuum worked well for 10 months, and then just ceased working. The program function stopped working, and then the device would only vacuum for about 5 mins, when it was originally vacuuming for approx 20mins. The manufacturer has terrible customer service, and refuses to fulfill the terms of the 12 month manufacturers warranty saying the device is defective due to misuse, it has only ever been used according to the instructions. Do not buy this item or deal with this manufacturer. Terrible.

Katie

KatieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Less than impressed

I was so excited to find a reasonable priced robot vacuum and bought my genie. Unfortunately that excitement was short lived as this vacuum constantly gets stuck on regular furniture and fails to clean the entire floor area. I found myself constantly having to find it and release it from whatever it seemed to caught on this time very frustrating.

Camila

CamilaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can’t buy battery replacement

It does the job. Good to clean dog hair around the house. But can’t buy battery replacement. I tried to find battery everywhere. I guess they expect you to buy a new one?????

Purchased in January 2018 at Kogan for $199.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
System Errors Often

tdo100

tdo100North Queensland, QLD

Would not buy again

i purchased this unit and used it about 6 times and the battery went flat. Cannot seem to find another battery for it, but think I should have got more than 6 uses

Purchased in April 2018 at online for $250.00.