My Genie ZX1000

See the Best Robot Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Can’t buy battery replacement

It does the job. Good to clean dog hair around the house. But can’t buy battery replacement. I tried to find battery everywhere. I guess they expect you to buy a new one?????

Purchased in January 2018 at Kogan for $199.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
System Errors Often

Would not buy again

i purchased this unit and used it about 6 times and the battery went flat. Cannot seem to find another battery for it, but think I should have got more than 6 uses

Purchased in April 2018 at online for $250.00.

Product is used: Rarely
Floor Type Wood
System Errors Every time

No warranty realistically

I bought this online and after about six months it started having issues where it would simply stop in the middle of the floor. It wasn't until a couple of months later that I watched what was happening and discovered it was just dying mid-clean. This quickly got down to about 5 minutes run-time within 8-9 months of purchase.

I emailed the warranty people who simply told me to "check with a local technician to see and examine the unit" at my own expense. As I bought online through a Living Social deal, I had no way to get retailer support. If I had the energy, I would go to the ACCC. Instead, I bought a different brand replacement and sold the old one for $20.

The unit functioned relatively well when it ran but with no durability and no willingness to honour warranty, not worth purchasing.

Purchased in June 2017.

Floor Type Linoleum
System Errors Often

Excellent little helper

Love having my little helper dance around the floor picking up all the little bits of dust and pet hair which annoy me. This vacuum is great for large flat tiled areas and for spot cleaning carpets. Sometimes she gets a little lost and goes is circles but she soon finds her way. It amazes me how much for hair and dust is on the floor which we cannot see. Easy to turn on with the remote and off she goes. Would love a better model which maps the house but one day I'm sure. Mop works ok, not the best but she does do an ok job of the sections she follows. Would be better with a self mapping system for sure. Cannot be picky, she is reasonably cheap and saves me so much time.

Purchased in January 2019 for $179.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
System Errors Occasionally

Not recommended as a vacuum cleaner replacement.

Use it on both carpet & Linoleum. Has a small collection bin so needs clearing often. Has minimal suction so doesn't pick up much more than pet hair which is what I purchased it for. Works OK for that & I run it every day due to my furry friend. Using it every day means I don't have to get the real vacuum cleaner out very often and carpets look clean all the time. Very clever how it navigates but it loves to chew up shoe laces, or loose appliance cords etc. You need to wall off areas with a cushion or similar, where it will jam itself. In my case its usually door stops on skirting boards.

Purchased in January 2019 at My Deal for $199.00.

Product is used: Daily
Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
System Errors Never

not recommended

used for less than 2 weeks and it's stopped working, brushes keep giving an error even no obstruction.
took 2 months to communicate with Kogan support team, they agreed for replacement but after more than 2 week I still haven't received their reply.

Purchased in November 2018 at Kogan.com for $188.00.

Floor Type Tiles
System Errors Every time

Works as expected

Had the device for approx 1 week. It is being used on floorboards and works fine. It is a cheap option compared to a heap of other models. I currently let it run daily, it picks up pet hair and I have to empty the bin every 3 days. I haven't and most likely wont be using the mop function.

Purchased in February 2019 at Catch for $178.00.

Product is used: Daily
Floor Type Tiles and Wood
System Errors Never

My Genie ZX1000

Had to send the first two back after only a short time malfunctioned. This one is doing well still haven't tried the mop circle yet but the vaccum is performing as it should - finally. Doesn't work on high pile carpet but fine on low pile. Great on tile and laminated floor.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

IT'S OK - but it's NOT a Roomba

We have both floorboards and carpet (small amount). It goes from both OK. Occasionally gets stuck under things - but where it has been getting stuck constantly - I normally put a barrier there so it doesn't go there any more. (Out of sight places so can't see the obstructions).
My biggest problem has been the side brushes - they have all ended up as a tight little ball (tangled up) - and I need to replace them. Have just found an Ebay seller who sells them 3 sets for $30 (free postage). In the instructions (basic) - they mention about left and right brushes - for the life of me - can't seen anywhere on the brushes that tells you which one is which....any one have any ideas - love to hear from you.
We also have a ROOMBA - she is an older model - but much more effective. Just remember you get what you pay for - for what we paid - we are happy with the ZX1000 (haven't used the mop function - don't think we will).

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Good for current price

It is not as strong , not as cleaver and I did not expect tht anyway . Robot vacuum has a long way to go .but it does the job . i have a kid who alway on the floor and robot vacuum constantly clean as much as it can . Also can mop not bad . I would cry if I have paid original price of $1100.i paid under $200 so it is worth it . It’s good if you trun it on when you leave the house and it will constantly clean until bettery runs out . Can not find home base charge station if it is further than 7 meters

Annoying

The My Genie ZX1000 is great for getting under hard to reach places like beds and desks. I however found that it would go over the same spot many times in a row and I would have to use the remote control to change the direction constantly. This actually makes it more time consuming than using a regular vacuum.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Faulty Battery and charger!

Bought this at Kogan on 6 June 2018. It broke down 3 weeks ago, only used for 5 months. The charger and the battery are faulty. Tried to contact Kogan for customer service for 3 weeks already but no reply. Tried to contact the manufacturer as well, but no phone number, no address, only email. As usual, no reply via email. Poor performance of the machine, and poor after-sale service and support too.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

So far excellent

I use robot twice/three times a day I have a disability and this machine is a godsend. I am 61 yrs old have problems with my back neck and legs. I have a barrel vacuum but found cords are a problem. I would go so far as to say every person who has age on them or a disability do not hesitate to buy one. It gets stuck on occasion but better than cords every where and pain. Thank you for whoever had the brain to invent such a marvellous machine.
Grandkids love it to use cleaning my unit. LOL

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Poor copy of a Roomba.

Bought this to have downstairs as I have a Roomba upstairs. AI failure. Gets stuck all the time. Missed debris often, just doesn’t appear to have sufficient suction even when it runs over it several times. Seems to completely miss areas while covering other areas many times. Support from supplier abysmal. Stick with the real thing not this toy.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

I love it!!!

I love this machine!!.. I have run it twice today after it took itself back to charging station & recharged. Of course it is going to get stuck sometimes under some furniture but I have only had to redirect it twice. It goes from hard floor to over my mats. The amount of dog hair etc it has picked up is amazing. So far I cannot fault it...

Disappointed

Normal carpet and just bought today. Got stuck under my bed in an impossible place against the wall. Then in several places, just seems to go back and forward. No batteries supplied so bought some but control dead. Will get some more and see if it is the batteries. Mine doesn't go very far before it gets stuck. Not at all what I expected.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

I keep tripping over the silly thing

I don't know why they made this black as when it stops mid floor it's a tripping HAZZARD and the light is so dim it doesn't really help! The robot vacuum dose pick stuff up but not every thing and it's charge time is very silly long and it missed areas.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Good value for money.

After I bought it, this kind of simple cleaning work relied on it, the cleaning was clean and the cleaning efficiency was very good. Product durability, stability, and good performance in later maintenance. Can go back to charging normally. There is a remote control that allows it to help in times of difficulty.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

very good!

It seems OK but it's sometimes not able to make it's way back to the base to recharge. Often we are finding it powered off in weird places. Shaggy rugs are a problem as the brushes get tangled up. Batteries are not supplied. The virtual wall device takes DD batteries. It would be a lot easier if it took AA's so I can use a set of rechargeables already owned.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

This is great.

Great value for money. Easy to set up and use. Haven't had it for long and haven't tested ALL the features yet. However, have no complaints so far. Has done everything I have asked of it as per the promised blurb. So far, so good.Recommend everyone to buy at ease!

Date PurchasedJun 2018