Nestle NAN Comfort 1

Nestle NAN Comfort 1

4.3

• Breastfed Child Yes (29%) · No (71%)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (98%) · No (2%)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (25%) · No (75%)
Emily

EmilySouth East Queensland, QLD

Changed to NAN comfort after reflux/regurgitation

Baby loves it!
He was 2 weeks old and had reflux/wind pain and would regurgitate on Aptimal Gold Plus every second feed.

Changed to NAN comfort at 3 weeks old as read about NAN comforts positive reviews!

His wind is halved and hasn’t regurgitated once.

The only negative is having to use 4 scoops, compared to two with other formulas.

Purchased in August 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$16.99.

Tayla

TaylaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great formula, not suited to my bub

We tried NAN comfort after a suggestion from a few of our friends. Unfortunately bub did not like the formula and it gave her very hard, clay-like stools. However, a good handful of our friends highly recommended the formula and it is fantastic value for money - just not suitable for our little one.

Purchased in September 2020 at Woolworths for A$17.00.

Jay

JaySydney, NSW

Do not recommend ! Not sure why it’s even called comfort !

Something has changed in the ingredients for sure we used this for my daughter and it was amazing and now on our newborn it has been nothing but troubles causing severe constipation ! I mean he literally would scream pushing our pebbles / rocks. Not sure why it even is called “comfort” as my newborn was so distressed with clogged bowel from this formula and soo many other mums have said the same !

Purchased in August 2020 for A$17.00.

KristinaCL

KristinaCLSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good for some babies but not us

I read a lot of reviews and had friends recommend this formula.
Bubs was on this formula since birth but caused constipation.
Formula easy to dissolve compared to others.
It mighy be good for other babies, just wasnt right for us

Purchased in July 2020 at Coles for A$17.00.

Joanne

JoanneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A very nice product, keeps baby happy

Our new born baby seem to enjoy drinking the formula, and our he is happy and does not have any side effects for him. The formula is easy to prepare.

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths for A$17.00.

Tayla Smith

Tayla SmithCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Didn’t give much comfort

Swapped my baby from nan optipro to nan comfort due to silent reflux. Bubs still had tummy discomfort. May be the right formula for some but not my bubs. On a good note, he had regular bowl movements and slept well after the discomfort from the feed went away.

Purchased in April 2020 at Coles for A$22.00.

T2018

T2018Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy we made the switch

Bubs is happy on Nan Comfort, we made a switch from another brand at about 1 month old as was vomiting and gassy from other brand. Happy we changed. Formula is easy to prepare no issues.

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths.

Mummy4

Mummy4Sydney, NSW

Happy mum and baby

I really like this formula. Ive noticed My baby has started getting excited to drink this milk and he guzzles it down. He seems happy and less grizzly on this formula. He doesn't have as much spit up like before when i was using another brand he spat up after every bottle and in between feeds. Id often had to change his clothes and bedsheets as they would always be wet from spitting up milk. But this doesnt seem to happen with nan. I like that its cheaper as well. I feel happy choosing this formula.

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for A$17.00.

Maria B.

Maria B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great product

Baby definitely enjoyed drinking this formula and not only my daughter but any body I know who has used this has said it is gentle on baby's tummy. Very easy to prepare

Purchased in March 2020 at Coles for A$20.00.

Bree

BreeSouth East Queensland, QLD

No stomach troubles!

My bub is mix fed ever since leaving the NICU and this is what they suggested. I was given 2 tins of other brands that I used first and he constantly threw them up straight away after a feed. Started him on NAN Comfort and it stopped! It is one of cheapest ones out there so you can’t go wrong!

Purchased at Woolworths for A$17.00.

Waqas Bhatti

Waqas BhattiSydney, NSW

Best formula ever. Life saver after many trials

My son has been on formula since birth. We have tried all the brands out there. Aptamil, E-Coli, A2 Platinum, Novalac. He was always constipated and continuously vomiting with all of them. Then finally he was settled on NAN Camfort-1.
No more constipation or vomiting.
My son is almost 2 months now and he is very happy :) Thank god :)
I absolutely recommend this to everyone.

NAN Comfort Champion 100%

Purchased in May 2020.

Farrah S.

Farrah S.Sydney, NSW

The worst formula ever!!

I gave this formula to my son for 1 month, it was a nightmare! It caused him a very bad constipation, painful colic and also a rash all over his face!! It took me time to realize that all of this happened because of NAN. I decided to stop it after spending 1 night with my newborn baby at the hospital because of a non stop screaming because of tummy pain, 2 days after, he was so good as never before! This formula isn’t suitable at all for sensitive tummy and constipated babies! So glad this experience has ended!!

Purchased in February 2020.

Nargis P.

Nargis P.Australian Capital Territory

Life safer after trial and error

My premature baby tolerated this very well after switching from another brand which caused a lot of discomfort. No issues with constipation and minimal reflux. Nice natural taste and is easy to prepare. Bubs is 5 months and going to transition to stage 2 soon.

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths for A$17.00.

Jess

JessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Easy to digest

I have had both my kids on Nan comfort. My daughter has gone through all 3 stages.

Both kids haven’t had any digestion issues on it. A lot of people said be careful because they can get constipated having some formulas but this one has been great. No problems whatsoever.

Both my kids were mix fed from 6 weeks onwards and this is the only formula they have had apart from a misdiagnosis from a dr telling me my daughter was lactose intolerant, she wasn’t. But we came back to this and she was back to normal again.

Affordable and this is what our doctor recommend to us as he was using it for his kids who are the same age as ours.

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths for A$17.00.

Cody A.

Cody A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

My Newborn Loves It

We had a few issues at the start, with different formulas, until one of my close friends recommended "Nestle NAN Comfort". Its soft on our little ones stomach and she really enjoy it. It's not the cheapest, but totally worth it, for a settled baby.

Purchased in March 2020 at Coles.

Find out how Nestle NAN Comfort 1 compares to other Baby Formulas

Love this but leaves him constipated

My bub is 7 weeks now and has been constipated for the past week doctor recommended colonylx drops but hasn’t helped much not sure if I should switch formula ?? As they say it’s the best formula? Help

Kez

KezSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best formula for my Bub

My baby girl has enjoyed Nan Comfort 1 since newborn, she had no issues at the start and 7 months later still drinking it. She has had no reactions, no side effects and it doesn’t make her constipated she is very regular.

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles for A$20.00.

TinaA

TinaASouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality baby formula, my baby loves it.

Nan comfort is gentle on my baby’s tummy. No issues at all. My baby loves it and he’s now on to Nan comfort Stage 3. It’s relatively affordable compared to other brands. It is also available in most supermarkets and pharmacies.

Purchased in March 2020 at Coles for A$17.00.

Cara

CaraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great product

Our baby loves it and had a much more settled tummy after we switched her on to it. It is on offer regularly which is very helpful, she will stay on it until we switch to milk.

Purchased at Coles.

DelskySydney, NSW

great choice

We introduced this formula when my daughter turned to 3.5 months old. It’s easy to prepare and super quick. She took it really well and accepted it instantly. She seems to like it. It’s been 2 weeks, I noticed a bit of constipation, I’m not sure if all formulas cause this or just this one. It’s too early to tell. We will keep trying, hopefully it’s just a temporary occurrence.

Purchased in March 2020 at Coles for A$20.00.

Vee D

Vee Dasked

NAN Comfort 1

Can i mix NAN SUPREME 1 with NAN AR(anti reflux) in ratios like 3:3 or 2:4 ? If i give only NAN AR, it is too thick and if i give NAN SUPREME, it is too watery that she spills a lot. She was on NAN AR only since she was 8 weeks old till now but stopped taking it recently. She is drinking it well when i m mixing both. Please suggest.

Vanessa P.

Mixing formulas in such a way is not recommended. You cannot keep track of the nutritional value or electrolytes. You could try using normal formula and Karicare food thickener. You need to mix NAN AR with boiled water at room temperature otherwise it will thicken.

Sally P.

Sally P.asked

NAN Comfort 1

Just wondering how long it takes for a baby to get use to nan comfort..my little girl 7 weeks old started using it 3 days ago but she is having belly pains.

Delsky

oh that poor thing.. I think it must take a fair few weeks. My daughter just turned to 4 month, and she has been taking it for the last 3 weeks.. The constipation kind of comes and goes, but I heard it's no point to try another formula too quick. Apparently the formula shouldn't be causing constipation, only user error, like making it too thick, but I always follow the guide on this, and very prompt with the measurements. there could be many things interfering with their little systems :( it's so hard to guess. Hope she will get better soon!

Taniaasked

NAN Comfort 1

Can I mix NAN comfort 1 with Aptamil anti-relflux?
My 5 week old struggles with the thickness of aptamil anti-relfux but cant have any other normal formula as she regurgitates it all back up.

Tania

I just want to mix to thin it out a tad so its not too thick or too thin

Sujatha
Sujatha

I think better to mix it up with nan AR@ anti reflux

Vanessa P.

Try adding Karicare Aptamil food thickener to comfort 1. If you use boiled water at room temperature less likely to thicken until it hits stomach. Smaller feeds more frequently is better than large feeds and keep upright at 45 degree angle after feeds.

Get an answer from our members and Nestle representatives