Part of Nestle NAN Comfort 3.8

CharlotteGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
George
GeorgeSydney15 posts
SarahAustralia4 posts

Horrible experience for my newborn

Switched to this formula when my son was 5 weeks old after alot of research and recommendations from trusted sources. I swapped from Karicare because I was concerned he may be constipated.
Never, never again.
This formula was awful, it gave him horrible wind pains, runny poo every bowel motion was diarrhoea and he vomitted/spat up after every single bottle which he hadn't done on previous formula. Not to mention the amount of extra bottles he was having just to satisfy him enough to sleep at all!!

I do not recommend this formula for anyone! We've gone back to karicare after just 1 week! Show details

Brittany P.
Brittany P.Sydney, NSW

I would never buy again

I've had 2 of my boys on this formula.
My first son ended up having really bad eczema and I was doing everything to try and help his skin and nothing worked. I never thought it was the formula until I had my 2nd son and started thinking about my first boys skin condition and realised that his skin cleared at 2-3 yrs old when he was no longer on nan comfort. Only to experience the same eczema type patches on my 2nd boys skin like his brother. I then chose to change to NOVALAC ALLERGY formula after reading reviews from others stating that it helped clear up their babies eczema. 2 weeks on the formula and my sons eczema fully cleared up. Show details
Nestle   DM

Hi Brittany, we're sorry to hear about your experience. If you have any concerns, please reach out to your healthcare professional, or for further information about the product please give our Careline team a call on 1800 468 8736.

Ammy K.
Ammy K.South Australia3 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified 1

Please do not buy for your newborn

This milk is not good for newborn as my baby cried alot with gas and pain.
I tried infacol and gripe water but still my baby was crying after every feed and he was turning red while crying.
I switched the formula to s26 gold and now baby is happy and enjoying his milk with no pain. Show details
Ryan M.
Ryan M.North Queensland, QLD

Made our little one sick

Recommended to us by hospital staff to top up breastfeeds. Newborn stiff and screaming About 10-20 minutes after a bottle. Always unsettled and passing mucous. Wouldn't recommend at all. Show details
KBM
KBM5 posts
Nestle   DM

We are sorry to hear you’ve had this experience. If we can help with further information about the product, please contact our Careline team on 1800 468 8736 and for personal advice, please reach out to your healthcare professional.

MumTo4
MumTo429 posts

Its changed for the worse!

My 8yo thrived on nan comfort 8 years ago so we tried with our new baby this time around. He was always spewy, constipated, struggled to pass wind. Thrashed around in discomfort at night. Changed to karicare and he’s not spewing, poops every day and passes wind so easily!

I feel bad that I let my
Little boy suffer for 5 months on this formula Show details

Bridget
Bridget2 posts

Happy baby

We tried this formula for mix feeding on recommendation from a hospital lactation consultant. Our baby had terrible gas and discomfort on another formula brand which was immediately resolved with this switch. A much happier and quieter baby, highly recommend for anyone switching to formula. Show details
Lisa J.
Lisa J.2 posts

Not great

We tried this formula after rave reviews from friends and child health nurses.
Unfortunately it didn’t work for us. Baby was very unsettled, always hungry and screaming in pain from gas. Switched to another NAN product. Show details
m v.
m v.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Gave my little one terrible pains

Started using this to top up breastfeeds. After using it for a little while, our son started screaming, had constipation- and then explosive poos. We looked at the ingredients- and we were surprised by the amount of sugar and fillers. We changed brands and almost instantly a much happier baby. Couldn’t believe they would sell a product that has - now that I see the other reviews- upset so many babies. Show details
Elena L.
Elena L.South East Queensland, QLD

New ingredient version is poor quality & creates Terrible stomach pains

I switched my son to this after hearing good things about the original ingredient version but after using new ingredients my son is screaming in pain from gas and the formula also doesn’t seem to fill him up. He’s consuming extra bottles to feel satisfied which is concerning. I don’t think this is very good quality formula and wouldn’t recommend the new ingredient version Show details
Noha Ibrahim
Noha IbrahimSydney, NSW2 posts

Hated it!

My newborn had very bad poos and always achy and windy and unsettled at all, plus no matter how many he is fed he seems hungry as if it is not satisfying his needs.
Changed to another formula and all of the above problems disappeared!!!!

I am so worried about this product, I think it shouldn’t be sold. Show details

Nadia e.
Nadia e.Sydney, NSW

Horrible Experience

My child had bad poos after using the new formula. And due to that, he got severe rash. DO NOT RECOMMEND at all. The old formula was perfectly awesome. I have switched to another formula and baby is doing fine.  Show details
Mel
MelNorthern Region, NSW15 posts

Not as good as it use to be

I used this formula with my 2 previous kids and had no issues, but since birth,my 3 week old has had terrible diarrea and bad tummy pains. I have never changed so many dirty nappies .
I thought he might have had allergy to it but found out that Nan recipe has been changed .
Will be switching brands asap. Show details

sheril s.
sheril s. · NAN Comfort 1

How are your bubs on Nan comfort 1 the new formula? I just bought a can reading all the good reviews but realised later that the reviews were based on the old formula of Nan Comfort.

Sarah

My son suffered on the new formula! We ended up going back to karicare because nan gave him horrific tummy pain and every poo was watery/diarrhoea. It was awful :(

Nestle   DM

Hi Sheril, if we can assist with information about the product, please give our Careline team a call on 1800 468 8736.

Nazeera K.
Nazeera K. · NAN Comfort 1

hi guys I was giving my new born baby nan optic pro and it's constipated him so I changed to milk to lactogen and his still fussing and moan information with stomach cramps I want to now change his milk to nan comfort 1 the silver tin does anyone of u recommend that this would help?

Lucy W.
Lucy W. · NAN Comfort 1

Hi can I mix Nan AR formula with Nan comfort 1 for my 4 week old

Nestle   DM

Hi Lucy, if we can be of assistance with information about our products, please contact our Careline team on 1800 468 8736.

Mara B.
Mara B.

Did you try this Lucy? I'm thinking the same for one of my 14 week old twins. He has ar but is struggling with the consistency

Nestle   DM

Hi Mara, our Careline team can be contacted on 1800 468 8736 for information about our products, and please reach out to your healthcare professional for advice regarding any concerns you may have.

See all Nestle NAN Comfort 1 questions

Compare all Nestle NAN Comfort listings
Nestle NAN Comfort 4
  • Discontinued
Nestle NAN Comfort 44.2
CategoryBaby FormulasBaby FormulasBaby FormulasBaby Formulas
Price (RRP) $25.99$25.99$20.49$17.49
AgeInfant (0-6 months)Follow-On (6-12 Months)Toddler (1+ year)Junior (2+ years)
Stage1234