MPN: LED-MONC-NF10WV

Good modem

Very easy to setup and use, have had this modem for 6 months or so and never had a issue that was caused by it, managing the modem settings is simple yet effective, price is good for what you get

Purchased in November 2018 for $99.00.

Number of Connected Devices 4 devices
ISPClick Broadband NBN 12
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Wi-Fi Range
Reliability

Average

I bought this from my ISP when i moved to the NBN just in case there were issues as most ISP's dont support routers not supplied by them. The WIFI is horrible, i am currently have WIFI extenders which help. I am looking to replace this routers soon.

Purchased in November 2017.

Number of Connected Devices 30 devices
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Wi-Fi Range
Reliability

Good reliable

I am very happy with my Nettcomm modem. it's simple to access, and self explanatory once you are in the modem. Easy to set up multiple wifi networks, easy to control and increase security, tracks usage very simply, and most important, never has issues of it's own. The only time my internet is down is when the telco stuffs up.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Reliable outer and strong signal

This is a reliable router with a strong signal and has a good wifi range, I have not experienced any dropouts and the connection is stable. The router is stable and easy to set up. The instruction guide it comes with is easy to follow and does not require any specialized knowledge,

Solid and Reliable

I am very happy with the router, it is built well, is very solid and reliable, I have not experienced any dropouts and I like working with it. Our internet is very fast and the connection is reliable. The router has also good range and every room in our apartment receives even coverage.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Not recommended for speed or bigger houses

I have had this for less than a year from SpinTel in an NBN Bundel, the direct net speed from the home nbn WAN cable is about 11MB/S but if you use the WiFi of this modem or connect directly to the modem via a cable, the speed drops down to 3MB/S . This modem firmware is outdated (2016) and net providers such as Spintel is reluctant to upgrade it.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Simple unit that does it's job.

Firstly I should say that I am using this modem in bridge mode so cannot comment on the wireless performance. Setup is incredibly easy, it just worked. Set it up with my adsl connection before switching to nbn and both setups worked first time. Connection has been stable with no dropouts at all. Speeds on 50/25 plan with a theoretical max line speed of 65Mbps have all been between 45 and 49Mbps. To sum up, if you want an nbn ready modem to run as a bridge for a decent wifi system why spend any more?

Solid router, no complaints

After 6 months of use I have had no problems whatsoever, very little to no packet drop, and a strong signal strength.
One of the few devices I have used that doesn't suffer terribly if it is not rebooted every 3 days, it's a reliable workhorse. I often have in excess of 12 devices running a connection simultaneously with absolutely no problems.
I was definitely sceptical at first, having this device supplied by a new ISP, in comparison to the Netgear N300 I was previously running, I'm extremely impressed!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Good connection speed but WIFI is weak

Genarally good connection if I stand next to the modem.
But the WIFI on this modem router is very weak. My house is small. I could not even get a stable WIFI signal even from 5 metres away in a room with a closed door. I am forced to use another router for WIFI.

Perfect router - blazes along with a quality NBN connection

Glad I purchased a more expensive router for my NBN connection. This unit blazes along with all my wired and wireless 5G devices connected - even with multiple streams of video and the computer backing up it just works, finally, as the internet should. Phone calls are also seamless with a normal telephone plugged into the jack (requires you purchase a local line with your NBN). I haven't had to change any of the settings from default, and it connects super quick to my wireless devices, with a long range (but of course, not through solid brick walls). That said, the performance will only be as good as the quality and speed of your internet connection, I see other reviewers have an issue with their ISP rather than this unit. My neighbour says his internet is slow, while mine is fast. ISP choice makes a difference.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Does the job nicely

This modem was provided with my internet service (NBN FTTN) and I've found it reliable, reasonably easy to use, and it was easy to set up. Static leases were slightly clunky to set up compared to previous modems, but really no problem. It doesn't support bandwidth throttling which I found useful with my last ISP (but currently not required, so no big deal for me).

If you're looking for a standard, reliable modem, this is a reasonable purchase.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Reasonable for the price

This modem is on the lower end of NBN capable modems in terms of price. It performs well, doesn't malfunction and looks quite good. It's signal is easily blocked by walls though - it gets patchy even in the next room from the router. That being said it could be the same for all others. A decent modem / router for the price.

Generally Reliable modem

After a spree of owning bad modems it seems that I have finally found a more steady and more reliable modem. Drop outs are quite infrequent although sometimes do occur. Reboot time generally is just over a minute which is quite speedy so nothing is terribly affected. Coverage is also good around the house. Would reccomend.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Good value

I had to buy it because of NBN. Pretty well plug and play. Able to run 4 LANs, phone and wifi. This modem is not some high end unit with a myriad of antennas however it is a simple device that does exactly what it claims to do.Configuration guide is quite easy to comprehend and setup.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

GREAT VALUE

Quite please with this modem. Has a small footprint which allows it to sit on a desk without taking up too much room. Pretty well plug and play. Able to run 4 LANs, phone and wireless. Admittedly this modem was purchased as part of a contract with Spintel and so no real setup had to be done as it was already configured.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Does the job

This modem is not some high end unit with a myriad of antennas protruding from its exterior with the appearance of an arachnid. It is a simple device that does exactly what it claims to do. Connect you to the internet and share that connection with you other devices at home

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Easy to set up but poor signal

We live in 120 sqm apartment and I agree the signal strength is not the same in every room. It is quite Ok within 10 meters of the router and dies almost half within 15 meters. I agree this router can be perfect for a small place. The price is reasonable and it's easy to set up as well.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Ok Modem for a small residence

I purchased this modem from aussie broadband when I signed up my nbn connection with them. The setup was very straight forward but I am not overwhelmingly happy with the signal strength of the modem, can't get decent wifi signal from even 15m distance. I am already considering changing this.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Bad

I bought this thru my ISP & it stopped working within 2 weeks then took 3 weeks before a replacement was sent out to me under warranty. It regularly drops out & slow speeds. I found it will not connect to the internet if the cable is more than a metre from the NBN connection to device, I also have to reboot it daily so my VOIP will work. It was also hacked & used for international calls so for that reason I do not recommend getting VOIP on it, hackers are still trying to get into it so you have to make sure your password is totally random & not simple. If you lose power you have no VOIP or Internet.
I do recommend getting a better quality router if you want reliability & better speeds because the NBN itself is of poor quality on FTTN so you will want to have something more reliable.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Poor signal

10 metres and my phone and tablet struggle to get a stable connection when my 10 year+ router never had an issue. Tried all channels to eliminate interference with no success. Doesn't help that spintel have locked it and I can't update the firmware. Other than the range issue everything seems to work OK and I get decent speeds when in range. It only has single band 2.4Ghz Wifi unlike many of the other new models out in the same price range. I would not recommend to anyone though unless you live in a tiny tiny unit. Very disappointed to say the least.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

With the DSL light steady, the "Inernet" light flashes, usually. Some times the "Internet" light is also steady, but not often. While the flashing is fast, we have an internet connection, but when it is a slow blink (or not on at all) we don't appear to have any Internet. At what "Blink Rate" is our Internet compromised?

My internet download speed is about 11mbs but it takes about 40 minutes to download a 200mb file, I am using a wireless connection to my NF10WV modem. Could my modem be the problem or something else?
Never had speed issues with this modem. Whirlpool.net.au would be the best web site forum for answering these types of questions. Speed issues could be anything from how far away you are from the Node in the street if you're version of the NBN is FTTN, to the PC itself. CCleaner Free is one of the best software to clean up your PC. You can get that from a web site called filehippo.com it's a safe site that contains all sorts of mostly free or 30 day trail software from legit developers. CCleaner cleans up your registry, (make sure you take backup registry option when it appears in case things go pear shape), CCleaner increased my bootup speed. It allows you to find duplicate files so you free up space, plus a few other tools to remove unnecessary files which build up over time. Try Whirlpool for your speed issue.

Just checking after v27....hows things now?
My ISP Exetel replaced the modem with ANOTHER model about 8 weeks ago free of any charge, whereas Netcomm's customer service position was for me to wait and sit it out for a firmware version that works. Netcomm did email firmware ver 27 the other day and closed off the support ticket. Now that's confidence ver 27 is a winner. They left me with ver 24 back in Feb which is the last time I'd heard from them. What happened to versions 25 & 26? Did they skip them, or did these attempts also fail ? Anyway the new model modem has been working perfectly in all aspects including range & speed. I can't comment on whether Netcomm have stabilised this product as I no longer have the modem. I guess we'll find out the status from future reviewers.

Modem CompatibilityCable, ADSL2+ and NBN