Netcomm NF10WV

Netcomm NF10WV

MPN: LED-MONC-NF10WV

• Number of Connected Devices 12.667 devices (3)
  • Ease of Setup
  • Wi-Fi Range
  • Reliability

WIFI Intermittent issue

DSL functionality is good, but the WIFI is bad. almost every 10 seconds the connection drops between laptop/phone to this router.
The solution that worked for me :
- I tried to use WIFI repeater by connecting RJ45 cable to this router
- At the same time I turned off WIFI functionality on this router.

there is no intermittent connectivity after above steps done.

Purchased in January 2020.

Number of Connected Devices 4 devices
Harley

HarleyGippsland, VIC

Good modem

Very easy to setup and use, have had this modem for 6 months or so and never had a issue that was caused by it, managing the modem settings is simple yet effective, price is good for what you get

Purchased in November 2018 for $99.00.

Number of Connected Devices 4 devices
ISPClick Broadband NBN 12

Average

I bought this from my ISP when i moved to the NBN just in case there were issues as most ISP's dont support routers not supplied by them. The WIFI is horrible, i am currently have WIFI extenders which help. I am looking to replace this routers soon.

Purchased in November 2017.

Number of Connected Devices 30 devices

Mat s

Mat sGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good reliable

I am very happy with my Nettcomm modem. it's simple to access, and self explanatory once you are in the modem. Easy to set up multiple wifi networks, easy to control and increase security, tracks usage very simply, and most important, never has issues of it's own. The only time my internet is down is when the telco stuffs up.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Nat

NatSydney

Reliable outer and strong signal

This is a reliable router with a strong signal and has a good wifi range, I have not experienced any dropouts and the connection is stable. The router is stable and easy to set up. The instruction guide it comes with is easy to follow and does not require any specialized knowledge,

Sonia

SoniaSydney

Solid and Reliable

I am very happy with the router, it is built well, is very solid and reliable, I have not experienced any dropouts and I like working with it. Our internet is very fast and the connection is reliable. The router has also good range and every room in our apartment receives even coverage.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Sam

SamPerth, WA

Not recommended for speed or bigger houses

I have had this for less than a year from SpinTel in an NBN Bundel, the direct net speed from the home nbn WAN cable is about 11MB/S but if you use the WiFi of this modem or connect directly to the modem via a cable, the speed drops down to 3MB/S . This modem firmware is outdated (2016) and net providers such as Spintel is reluctant to upgrade it.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Ben

BenYeppoon, QLD

Simple unit that does it's job.

Firstly I should say that I am using this modem in bridge mode so cannot comment on the wireless performance. Setup is incredibly easy, it just worked. Set it up with my adsl connection before switching to nbn and both setups worked first time. Connection has been stable with no dropouts at all. Speeds on 50/25 plan with a theoretical max line speed of 65Mbps have all been between 45 and 49Mbps. To sum up, if you want an nbn ready modem to run as a bridge for a decent wifi system why spend any more?

Zacothewacko

ZacothewackoPerth

Solid router, no complaints

After 6 months of use I have had no problems whatsoever, very little to no packet drop, and a strong signal strength.
One of the few devices I have used that doesn't suffer terribly if it is not rebooted every 3 days, it's a reliable workhorse. I often have in excess of 12 devices running a connection simultaneously with absolutely no problems.
I was definitely sceptical at first, having this device supplied by a new ISP, in comparison to the Netgear N300 I was previously running, I'm extremely impressed!

Frank

FrankGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good connection speed but WIFI is weak

Genarally good connection if I stand next to the modem.
But the WIFI on this modem router is very weak. My house is small. I could not even get a stable WIFI signal even from 5 metres away in a room with a closed door. I am forced to use another router for WIFI.

MarkMelbourne

MarkMelbourneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect router - blazes along with a quality NBN connection

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Paul

PaulToowoomba

Does the job nicely

This modem was provided with my internet service (NBN FTTN) and I've found it reliable, reasonably easy to use, and it was easy to set up. Static leases were slightly clunky to set up compared to previous modems, but really no problem. It doesn't support bandwidth throttling which I found useful with my last ISP (but currently not required, so no big deal for me).

If you're looking for a standard, reliable modem, this is a reasonable purchase.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Jim J

Jim J

Reasonable for the price

This modem is on the lower end of NBN capable modems in terms of price. It performs well, doesn't malfunction and looks quite good. It's signal is easily blocked by walls though - it gets patchy even in the next room from the router. That being said it could be the same for all others. A decent modem / router for the price.

Curtis

CurtisErskineville

Generally Reliable modem

After a spree of owning bad modems it seems that I have finally found a more steady and more reliable modem. Drop outs are quite infrequent although sometimes do occur. Reboot time generally is just over a minute which is quite speedy so nothing is terribly affected. Coverage is also good around the house. Would reccomend.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Charles

Charles

Good value

I had to buy it because of NBN. Pretty well plug and play. Able to run 4 LANs, phone and wifi. This modem is not some high end unit with a myriad of antennas however it is a simple device that does exactly what it claims to do.Configuration guide is quite easy to comprehend and setup.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

James

JamesHunter Region, NSW

GREAT VALUE

Quite please with this modem. Has a small footprint which allows it to sit on a desk without taking up too much room. Pretty well plug and play. Able to run 4 LANs, phone and wireless. Admittedly this modem was purchased as part of a contract with Spintel and so no real setup had to be done as it was already configured.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
DLT

DLTGeelong

Does the job

This modem is not some high end unit with a myriad of antennas protruding from its exterior with the appearance of an arachnid. It is a simple device that does exactly what it claims to do. Connect you to the internet and share that connection with you other devices at home

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Maxine

MaxineSydnecy

Easy to set up but poor signal

We live in 120 sqm apartment and I agree the signal strength is not the same in every room. It is quite Ok within 10 meters of the router and dies almost half within 15 meters. I agree this router can be perfect for a small place. The price is reasonable and it's easy to set up as well.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
ahemon

ahemonMackay

Ok Modem for a small residence

I purchased this modem from aussie broadband when I signed up my nbn connection with them. The setup was very straight forward but I am not overwhelmingly happy with the signal strength of the modem, can't get decent wifi signal from even 15m distance. I am already considering changing this.

Aussieladee

AussieladeeAU

Bad

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Paul O

Paul Oasked

Hey just want to make sure this modem (NetComm NF10WV) provides VPN passthrough...? Also for any Spintel users.... is it locked to Spintel when purchased through them on a plan?
Thanks for any responses

Ron W

Ron Wasked

With the DSL light steady, the "Inernet" light flashes, usually. Some times the "Internet" light is also steady, but not often. While the flashing is fast, we have an internet connection, but when it is a slow blink (or not on at all) we don't appear to have any Internet. At what "Blink Rate" is our Internet compromised?

Darcy

Darcyasked

My internet download speed is about 11mbs but it takes about 40 minutes to download a 200mb file, I am using a wireless connection to my NF10WV modem. Could my modem be the problem or something else?

grl8862
grl8862

Never had speed issues with this modem. Whirlpool.net.au would be the best web site forum for answering these types of questions. Speed issues could be anything from how far away you are from the Node in the street if you're version of the NBN is FTTN, to the PC itself. CCleaner Free is one of the best software to clean up your PC. You can get that from a web site called filehippo.com it's a safe site that contains all sorts of mostly free or 30 day trail software from legit developers. CCleaner cleans up your registry, (make sure you take backup registry option when it appears in case things go pear shape), CCleaner increased my bootup speed. It allows you to find duplicate files so you free up space, plus a few other tools to remove unnecessary files which build up over time. Try Whirlpool for your speed issue.

Get an answer from our members and NetComm representatives

Download manual