Netgear AC1200 D6200

Netgear AC1200 D6200

MPN: 35905135

Very happy

I purchased this router from JB HI-FI nearly two years ago and have not got one single complaint. The router was very easy to set up and its does very well holding up with todays internet speeds. I don't know much about technology but this router has a very sleek design but it seems to do well with multi devices connected.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

had for a few years very happy

ive had this model of router for a few years now and it still holds up well with todays speeds. it has a nice, sleek design that fits in to any modern space. the netgear suite of apps makes it easy to link printers and computers together and share media

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Did the Job

Purchased when the standard modem given from isp wasn't doing a great job. Not the greatest speeds and support, but it does okay with multiple devices connected. Boot up speed was fairly decent. I did get a few dropouts now and again but nothing major, not sure if it was isp or modems fault as i didn't bother running the tests.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Do Not Buy - If the hardware fails Netgear will charge you for support - ARROGANT with it too

The router suddenly decided to allocate a strange IP address to my networked drive. Can no longer access the drive other than connecting it to my old router.

Don't expect any help from Netgear when the product fails they want to charge me - I should send them a bill for the time wasted in trying to sort out the problem and eliminating fault with my network drive.

Taking this router back for a refund and will never buy Netgear again.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Perfect

It been nice and easy to use every day at the beguining it was like difficult but as soon as you learn to use it is really good and easy with my conexión and you going to be in love with this trust me it is a good router you can buying

Date PurchasedMar 2018

is it the modem, or is it the NBN?

When it works its great. But then it stops, starts, stops, cuts in and out and drives you crazy. But Telstra have replaced it 3 times and each time it works for a while then starts doing the same thing all over again, so I really think the problem is with Telstra and the NBN, cause I've talked with other people exact same problem

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Good modem

This is a good modem. It worked efficiently and the wifi range had complete coverage throughout house (2 storey, 3 bedroom brick house). There were no dropouts and I never had to restart it.
Our internet was ADSL 2 Plus but this modem is NBN compatible. I highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Excellent Improvement!

This router is a massive improvement compared to my last one. It is very stable and has a large range of connectivity. It requires resets every now and then, but definitely not very often. The WiFi has seen a great increase in speed especially with the 5ghz band and the capability it has with NBN. It is quite expensive however, definitely worth the upgrade!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Decent router that gets the job done

Purchased this a year ago and it does the job pretty well. We are running a ADSL line to it with no issue, and it has the ability to take NBN when that is run in our area. Sometimes the internet will drop out and it will take a while to reconnect, but this might just be the internet in our area. Not too sure!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

User friendly, great.

Bought this product a few years ago and it is still working quite well but sometimes it doesn't. After a couple months of use, router needs a couple of resets to properly connect my devices. problems logging into the device numerous times, trying to set up port forwarding, seemed to keep dropping the settings every few days

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Fairly decent

I've found this router works well and has been reasonably stable. It only requires very occasional resets, and has actually lasted longer than many of our previous routers already, which got fried after a few months. The WiFi is pretty fast with reasonably range. All in all pretty good. However, it is

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Stable and extremely easy to set up

After the problems of the TP link Archer d7 that I was using, I purchased the netgear ac 1200 a couple of months and it has been perfect. All My 3 airplay devices connected seamlessly, the setup is very easy and download speeds are extremely stable. Using the 5ghz band is also very useful for the 6 devices in my home. Is expensive but recommended.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Ok

I wouldn't recommend this product. After a couple months of use, router needs a couple of resets to properly connect my devices. Not sure if it's just my one that has an issue or the whole product line in general. Takes a couple of reboot sometimes as well. Otherwise, it's quite clunky as a reviewer has posted here.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Decent, easy to use

Bought this product a few months ago and it is working well. My internet was working very slowly so was looking to increase its speed. This was the solution, and it works! It's quite easy to use as well - simply follow the instructions and look at the lights that show up on the router.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Do not buy this product

Purchased 2 years ago, no warranty anymore. Last update failed, no access to router anymore. Try to reinstall firmware, given up after 3 hours. This product is rubbish. This problem is known by Netgear. It would by nice if Netgear will have a solution for this common issue. Purchased a different brand (TP Link), easy setup, no hassle.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Not a fan

Not sure if it was an issue out of the box, but had problems logging into the device numerous times, trying to set up port forwarding, seemed to keep dropping the settings every few days, wasnt crash hot with connectivity throughout the house as other routers i have had, took it back and got full refund

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Works well enough and easy to set up

i needed a new router modem after my last Netgear died. I was reluctant to buy another Netgear product but this one was the best i could afford within my budget. We are a family of four and use it to connect smart TV for netflix, youtube on the kids iPad and general surfing on the net. It has been fine so far and the app is useful as you can turn off wifi remotely, view usage details and has parental controls. My only gripe with it is I think it's ugly and takes up a bit of space as it is basically a black A5 panel that sits upright, so easy to knock over.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Good performance and value

It was easy to set up and was going within a few minutes. The app is good if you want to get into it a bit more and look at the devices on you network. Was fairly inexpensive and seemed a good entry into the AC speeds. Dual band so I can connect some devices on the 5gh and some on the 2.4gh to spread the traffic. We have about 6 devices that regularly use the internet and have no trouble with speed or dropouts. Have used netgear products for years now and have almost always been trouble free.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Decent purchase

I was recommended the D6200 by a friend as it was the best in sub $100 range and had commendable performance inspite of multiple users. On most occasions, it has served 4 of us right. But we do find inconsistent speeds every week or so. Overall, the drop in speed is much less and it is a decent purchase.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Fast and reliable for multi device use

We are happy with the router that we use for our internet needs for a family of 4 with 2 teenagers. We have more than 10 devices, including phones, tablets, PC and laptops and sometimes have them all connected at the same time. Still, the router handles this workload very well, the signal is great and the drops outs are minimal or any at all. We are still in ADSL area and our internet is fast.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Where is the advertised WPS button?

hi I want to know if netgeard6200 is compatible with a vpn and if so is it easy to set up?
Beyond my comprehension. What I have : Wireless AC Adapter AC600 Dual Band Model No. A6100 Easy setup. Box states : COMPATIBLE-Works with 802.11 a/b/g/n and ac WiFi routers Try netgear website.

I bought netgear d6200 wifi dsl modem router last november 2015. Today 5th of dec 2016 the wi fi blue light is not working. Cannot connect to wi fi anymore... i have reset it already but still the same. What should i do? How long is the warranty of this product?
The only thing l can suggest you might do, is to do a firmware update. This may fix the problem but it might also destroy your modem. If its the latter, you might then have a case to argue as your warranty will most likely have expired. Its not much help l know but its what l would do.Under Australian consumer law you have rights to have the good/product repaired, replaced, or refunded for default you are protected. The time frame is termed as reasonable, so I am no expert, but depending where you bought it, you can return it since the warranties are extended under Australian law it depends on how long the item is expected to last certainly more than 13 months. I am not a lawyer just read up on ACL and go back into the store they cannot refuse you, also check your state's laws too. Better to go to the store if feasible, also you can update the firmware, but if after that you still are having issues better go to the store.

AC1200 D6200